PDA

View Full Version : Sub Elements for an avatar game

Teapot Salty
2015-10-22, 12:07 AM
Hey guys. So I ran an avatar game, and it was good, but I don't know what exactly I should have for sub elements in each element.

Now, I already know the basis of what I want, the basic element (i.e fire) a more pure form (lightning) an element for one of it's allies (fire+air=smoke) and I don't want overlaps, so a firebender and an earthbender don't both have lava, what I have so far is:

Air------Gravity
Fire------Sound
Water-----Pressure

Fire---------lightning
Air------Smoke
Earth------I need help

Earth-----------Metal
Fire----------lava
Water-------I need help

Water------------Blood (resourceful)
Air--------Cold? (that's a maybe)
Earth---------Plants

What do you think of these? Do you have a better idea for what I have already? Do you have ideas for the ones I'm confused about. Thanks, and as always go nuts.

avr
2015-10-23, 05:39 PM
The patterns you name in the text don't seem to match those in the lists following it. Going by the lists I'd suggest that with Earth/Metal & Fire/Lava the next in the pattern should be Water/Ice. Fire/Lightning & Air/Smoke suggests Earth/Acid to me. Water/Blood and Earth/Plants suggests Air/Weather maybe.

Solaris
2015-10-23, 07:45 PM
I'd associate gravity more with Earth, and acid/alkaline more with Water. Gravity happens due to mass, and pH involves a measure of hydrogen.

Teapot Salty
2015-10-24, 01:34 AM
Just to clarify: the lists are in no particular order, and physics takes a back seat to what sounds right. (Technically, smoke has mass, and therefore wouldn't be able to be manipulated by a firebender, but that's just not fun)

Theodred theOld
2015-11-16, 11:35 PM
Sound is a product of vibrations traveling through air, so sound and noise would probably be under air.

Silvanshei
2015-11-20, 04:50 PM
Are you using the lore from the two shows?

Have you watched any of the Korra series? They use Lava as a sub of earth and the third eye blasty thing is fire.