PDA

View Full Version : Armor Restrictions

Shas aia Toriia
2007-05-24, 04:44 PM
I want to make a warforged juggernaut/frenzied berserker. I know there's a feat out there that reduces heavy armor to medium, but I just can't remember where it's from. Any Ideas?

Fax Celestis
2007-05-24, 04:55 PM
A feat? No. Making heavy armor out of mithral treats it as medium though.

SpiderBrigade
2007-05-24, 05:07 PM
...and he can't do that because he's a warforged. He has to have adamantine body plating to enter the Juggernaught class in the first place. I don't think there's a way around it, no. As far as I know all the "modify your body plating" feats are 1st-level only, and you already have one.

Rad
2007-05-24, 05:15 PM
Some classes might do that. The only one that comes to my mind is in a 3rd party sourcebook though

RTGoodman
2007-05-24, 05:43 PM
Some classes might do that.

I think the Elf Paladin prestige class from RotW (Champion of Corellon or whatever, I think?) has some sort of ability to treat medium and heavy armors as lighter than they actually are. But I'm pretty sure that's not a prestige class you can qualify for...

Maybe talk to your DM about creating feats or perhaps some substitution levels that give you that ability in exchange for some Juggernaut or Berserker ability.

Fax Celestis
2007-05-24, 05:44 PM
I think the Elf Paladin prestige class from RotW (Champion of Corellon or whatever, I think?) has some sort of ability to treat medium and heavy armors as lighter than they actually are. But I'm pretty sure that's not a prestige class you can qualify for...

Maybe talk to your DM about creating feats or perhaps some substitution levels that give you that ability in exchange for some Juggernaut or Berserker ability.

Oh, man. Elven Warforged. What won't they think of next?...

Jasdoif
2007-05-24, 05:49 PM
Oh, man. Elven Warforged. What won't they think of next?...No kidding. First Hellforged, now Elforged.

Emperor Tippy
2007-05-24, 06:16 PM
Hmm.

You could use Fiendish Codex cheese to get into warforged juggernaut and then change your first level feat to mithral body.

Zincorium
2007-05-24, 06:58 PM
There is the half-weight enchantment from FR's Underdark book, which essentially makes any armor count as light. Of course, getting an item from an uncommon, very specific book from a completely different setting is a quest in and of itself.

Really though, why would you need to? None of the abilities of frenzied berserker depend on wearing medium or lighter armor, and the only ability you'd lose would be the fast movement if you went into it from barbarian.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-05-24, 07:26 PM
Actually, it is possible to make an elf warforged. You just have to take a PrC in MoE, and it transforms you into a warforged slowly. It just takes too long.

MaxMahem
2007-05-24, 07:29 PM
I think in Races of Eberron or something, there is an improved selection of Warforged armor feats. Several of these count as medium armor, including obsidian body, and (my favorite) cold-iron body, which also grants you pretty nice spell resistance (10+level IIRC).

2007-05-24, 07:34 PM
Some classes might do that. The only one that comes to my mind is in a 3rd party sourcebook though

Knights eventually move in heavy armor as if it was light.

/shrug