View Full Version : Pathfinder Help me build a character with a need for speed?

alchemyprime
2015-10-22, 10:03 AM
So I run an afterschool program that's really just a way to use Pathfinder to help kids want to learn. We have a small problemma -

One of the kids started playing a DSP Psion, and he is bored. He wants to go into melee, and as a Maenad Psion, he's been using Outbursts to use his heavy flail to deadly ends, but the last fight made him want more HP.

He wants to do something different. So I made a suggestion. I'd build him a melee character. He said he wanted something fast, like the Flash.

So, using Paizo books (big ones only), Ultimate Psionics and Bloodforge, how can we make the fastest 1st level barbarian possible?

MasterFu
2015-10-22, 03:31 PM
So I run an afterschool program that's really just a way to use Pathfinder to help kids want to learn. We have a small problemma -

One of the kids started playing a DSP Psion, and he is bored. He wants to go into melee, and as a Maenad Psion, he's been using Outbursts to use his heavy flail to deadly ends, but the last fight made him want more HP.

He wants to do something different. So I made a suggestion. I'd build him a melee character. He said he wanted something fast, like the Flash.

So, using Paizo books (big ones only), Ultimate Psionics and Bloodforge, how can we make the fastest 1st level barbarian possible?

Does he have his heart set on playing a barbie? Because a Psychic Warrior (Traceur) is pretty fast and can do some pretty hilarious things with hammer space. Not sure which book he's in, though.

alchemyprime
2015-10-22, 03:50 PM
Does he have his heart set on playing a barbie? Because a Psychic Warrior (Traceur) is pretty fast and can do some pretty hilarious things with hammer space. Not sure which book he's in, though.

I mentioned that barbarians start with a higher land speed and have the same sort of anger powers his Outburst causes, and he liked that.

That and his cousin's already playing a Psychic Warrior, and I think he wants to be different. I was thinking the psionic barbarian archetype from UltPsi. I could make a Traceur too, and let him pick. I was already going to make for him a Maenad with Speed of THought and maybe a Xeph with that too.