PDA

View Full Version : My Brand New FREE RPG

8BitNinja
2015-10-22, 01:24 PM
Hey guys, I wanted to announce that I have made my first prototype of my role playing game, Sidequest. If you want to download it, I can send it to you. This was the first RPG I made, so if you can give me suggestions, that would be great, also, the rules aren't fully written out, and there are grammar errors, so support is needed.

Domochevsky
2015-10-23, 02:06 AM
Do you have... more information about this? Like, what is it about, what is it made in, what does it need to run? That sort of stuff.

KillianHawkeye
2015-10-23, 03:06 AM
Yeah, I can't know if I'm interested without getting some basic details first.

Also, you might consider finding a place to host your demo and other information that you can just leave a link to rather than having to "send it" to people. Lots of places where you can set up a free blog or whatever.

8BitNinja
2015-10-23, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I can't know if I'm interested without getting some basic details first.

Also, you might consider finding a place to host your demo and other information that you can just leave a link to rather than having to "send it" to people. Lots of places where you can set up a free blog or whatever.

I'll set up a link somewhere and then post the link

8BitNinja
2015-10-23, 09:59 AM
Find it under Games here
http://fogstudios.weebly.com/

8BitNinja
2015-10-23, 10:00 AM
Do you have... more information about this? Like, what is it about, what is it made in, what does it need to run? That sort of stuff.

It's a Tabletop RPG, it takes pencils, paper, and dice to run, If you want an emulator for any of these, I can send you some

Gandariel
2015-10-23, 10:22 AM
I'll read it, give it a try and give my impressions :) I might also be interested in the coding thing, I'll let you know

8BitNinja
2015-10-23, 01:21 PM
I'll read it, give it a try and give my impressions :) I might also be interested in the coding thing, I'll let you know

I think I am confusing myself, but I said it is tabletop, and that it runs on pencils and dice as sarcasm, but now I think people are talking about the video game in development, If you wanna help, just shoot me an e-mail

Sorry for the confusion

Gandariel
2015-10-23, 02:22 PM
Question then: is the video game an adaptation of the rpg?

8BitNinja
2015-10-23, 02:29 PM
Question then: is the video game an adaptation of the rpg?

It is, however, there will be changes, such as a fixed campaign (but open world), Alignment based stories, and less classes and races, probably the first 8 listed and their prestiges

If you have any suggestions for either version, let me know, and I will most likely add them (unless it's something like, make it totally different)

I will be adding dungeon rules, but the combat (in the tabletop, not video) is going to stay JRPG-esque

Video game combat will be in real time

8BitNinja
2015-11-04, 07:31 PM
I see this thread has gone quiet for some time

Any suggestions to fix the game?

Has anyone actually tried to play it?

Comet
2015-11-05, 07:35 AM
In the world of Sidequest, you can get married. You must receive a token item which is up to the DM to decide what is. Also, you must be the opposite gender of the person you want to marry.

This rule is broken :smalltongue:

The game seems to be a pretty cool fantasy adventure with very simple rules. Problem is, though, that this has already been done hundreds of times. You kind of need something new or different, people already have perfectly functional rules that they use for their fantasy adventures.

The videogame sounds fun!

8BitNinja
2015-11-06, 02:38 PM
This rule is broken :smalltongue:

The game seems to be a pretty cool fantasy adventure with very simple rules. Problem is, though, that this has already been done hundreds of times. You kind of need something new or different, people already have perfectly functional rules that they use for their fantasy adventures.

The videogame sounds fun!

If you are talking about the rule about marriage, I would like to know how it is broken so I can fix it. I didn't really expand on it, because most campaigns I run, people end up dying before they meet a bar wench desperate enough to marry one of them

I am thinking of a new game, it has a sci fi setting, different classes, playing style, and even effects from light

The new revision I am working on will have racial traits (humans get a battlecry, dwarves get darkvision, etc.) and a random blessing you start with

But there still will be the same few class archetypes, central idea, and over the top religious imagery

KillianHawkeye
2015-11-06, 03:06 PM
If you are talking about the rule about marriage, I would like to know how it is broken so I can fix it.

It seems he's referring to the part where your game isn't inclusive of people who do not comply with the heterosexual majority.

Also,

I see this thread has gone quiet for some time

Any suggestions to fix the game?

Has anyone actually tried to play it?

I would worry about making the document readable before expecting anyone to play it. About 95% of the content is presented without any explanation of what anything means, and I am troubled by the dozens of arbitrary restrictions found throughout. And unless this is supposed to be some kind of lighthearted parody (I honestly can't tell), you should lose the pop culture references.

8BitNinja
2015-11-06, 05:38 PM
It seems he's referring to the part where your game isn't inclusive of people who do not comply with the heterosexual majority.

Also,

I would worry about making the document readable before expecting anyone to play it. About 95% of the content is presented without any explanation of what anything means, and I am troubled by the dozens of arbitrary restrictions found throughout. And unless this is supposed to be some kind of lighthearted parody (I honestly can't tell), you should lose the pop culture references.

1) This game was also intended for Christians, while capturing other audiences, I'm not going to change that

2) I will fix the restrictions, I see that one problem might be that certain classes can only use certain weapons, that will change, I am working on fixing that now, I will also get rid of the pop culture refrences, but I'm keeping the Holy Hand Grenade

8BitNinja
2015-11-10, 02:29 PM
Actually, because of my new revision and all the fun it is adding, I'm keeping the pop culture refrences