PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Scrooge McDuck-A Race

JNAProductions
2015-10-22, 02:58 PM
Ability Score Increase-Your Intelligence increases by 2, and your Strength increases by 1.

Age-You're a duck. You're full grown in, what, a year?

Alignment-Scrooge McDucks tend towards the greedy end of any alignment.

Size-You're a duck. You're medium(?).

Speed-Did I mention you're a duck? You have a walking speed of 25 feet (Due to webbed feet) and a swim speed of 30 feet.

Swimming in Gold-You have the magical ability to swim in precious metals. Treat any large pile of gold, silver, gems, precious artworks, or any similar treasure as if it was water for the purposes of swimming.

Duck's Cunning-You have a nose (bill?) for profit. Any time you need to make a knowledge check relating to business, you may apply double your proficiency bonus.

Duck's Wings-You have wings, even if you can't really fly with them. You can cast Feather Fall at will, though only if your clothing has wing slits.

Stan
2015-10-23, 12:00 PM
I think this is too specific. Branch out to include all anthropomorphic ducks, such as Howard the Duck and the ducks of Runequest. Not to mention Donald and his nephews, plus Daffy.

JNAProductions
2015-10-23, 12:01 PM
I don't really know much anthropomorphic ducks. Any advice on what abilities to give other subraces?

RazDelacroix
2015-10-23, 02:24 PM
I admit, what struck me as odd was your use of Scrooge McDuck to represent the baseline of a whole race. Mind you I now believe that Glumgold would be the 'duegar' equivalent to Scrooge's dwarfiness...

As for subrace/race/ducketcetera, I'll get back to you on that.

JNAProductions
2015-10-23, 02:25 PM
It came up in another thread is why. Thanks for your help ina dvance!