PDA

View Full Version : How would you build ezio from assassin's creed?

spartan_ah
2015-10-22, 05:30 PM
Will you go shadow monk or assassin? Or a mixture of both

Ouranos
2015-10-22, 05:42 PM
I'd say assassin with maybe 2 level in fighter for action surge. Just my thought.

Tenmujiin
2015-10-22, 09:41 PM
When I think assassin's creed I think acrobatics and jumping off buildings so I'd got thief rogue with maybe a dip for action surge.

Blood of Gaea
2015-10-22, 10:22 PM
Will you go shadow monk or assassin? Or a mixture of both
3 Assassin Rogue
11 Champion Fighter
6 Open Hand Monk

Spiderguy24
2016-12-09, 02:19 PM
3 Assassin Rogue
11 Champion Fighter
6 Open Hand Monk

Why go Champion Fighter instead of Battlemaster, and Monk dips at all?

JackOfAllBuilds
2016-12-10, 03:53 AM
Spell-less ranger, Hunter (collosus slayer) 2wf
Assassin rogue

Throw in battle master if you want DOUBLE superiority dice

At 8, Hunter 3/Assassin 5, you have advantage and crit double on hit for your first turn surprise attack

Sweeping attack on first attack, disarming attack on the second
A: (2W)+6d6+Dex. B: 1d8 sweep + (2W)+4d8

[At level 5, ranger2/assassin3, it's A: (2W)+4d6 B: d8+(2W)+2d8]

DiceDiceBaby
2016-12-10, 04:11 AM
Ezio is the Assassin Rogue in terms of build, playstyle and being awesome. Just make sure he has 20 STR and expertise Athletics, too, for all the stunts and the climbing and falling and whatnot. If you're going monoclass, I'd advocate that route.

Specter
2016-12-10, 08:09 AM
Variant Human
ST14, DX16, CO14, IN10, WI10, CH10
Feat: Athlete
Skills: Acrobatics (X), Athletics (X), Deception, Insight, Perception (X), Religion, Stealth (X)

X marks the Expertise, so you need at least 6 assassin levels to make this work. I recommend 7. Good multis include Fighter (Battlemaster to add dice on the surprise crits) and Ranger (Hunter). Grab Resilient (CON) later.

My memory is a bit fuzzy on Ezio himself, I'm thinking more on Captain Kenway from Black Flag which I played recently. But of course, Kenway would have a higher CHA.

EDIT: and you could get Magic Initiate for Feather Fall if it suits your taste.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-10, 08:29 AM
Ezio is the Assassin Rogue in terms of build, playstyle and being awesome.

That was my thought as well. A long time since I've played it, but I can't remember there being anything in the game that you couldn't do with a pure Assassin. His strength, dexterity and constitution are probably all superhuman, though that's the norm for D&D anyway.

mgshamster
2016-12-10, 09:13 AM
Why go Champion Fighter instead of Battlemaster, and Monk dips at all?

Probably because Ezio doesn't have random bits of spike damage in the middle of combat, but instead can go all day every day at nearly full strength.

Heck, I'd just say champion/assassin, with the background feature from the urchin background.

Draco4472
2016-12-10, 11:02 AM
You could go monk and reflavor using unarmed strikes as hidden blades. It would be some mixture of Rogue/Monk, either using the thief or assassin rogue archetypes, and shadow monk for features benefiting a stealthy-stabber.

Spiderguy24
2016-12-10, 02:21 PM
You could go monk and reflavor using unarmed strikes as hidden blades. It would be some mixture of Rogue/Monk, either using the thief or assassin rogue archetypes, and shadow monk for features benefiting a stealthy-stabber.

That... actually makes sense thinking back on it. The spell like abilities of the Shadow Monk could even be flavored to being different bombs and equipment that Ezio would have.

Beleriphon
2016-12-10, 02:32 PM
My memory is a bit fuzzy on Ezio himself, I'm thinking more on Captain Kenway from Black Flag which I played recently. But of course, Kenway would have a higher CHA.

Edward Kenway is straight up a fighter/rogue using dual-weilding and the Pirate background. Ezio has a stupid high Charisma as well. Seriously, his whole intro Ezio dripping charisma like it was going out of style, Edward is just more fun as a character since he's a pirate and his crew sings songs when at sea.

Specter
2016-12-10, 03:06 PM
Edward Kenway is straight up a fighter/rogue using dual-weilding and the Pirate background. Ezio has a stupid high Charisma as well. Seriously, his whole intro Ezio dripping charisma like it was going out of style, Edward is just more fun as a character since he's a pirate and his crew sings songs when at sea.

I don't know, Kenway seems more relatable to people, as well as a consumate leader and entertainer. But Ezio is the more mysterious of the two.

Beleriphon
2016-12-10, 05:48 PM
I don't know, Kenway seems more relatable to people, as well as a consummate leader and entertainer. But Ezio is the more mysterious of the two.

Ezio rebuilds the Brotherhood in 3 or 4 cities, plus he smooth as all get out. The ladies love Ezio, and he loves them back.

Spiderguy24
2016-12-10, 06:02 PM
Ezio rebuilds the Brotherhood in 3 or 4 cities, plus he smooth as all get out. The ladies love Ezio, and he loves them back.

I thought he rebuilt the Brotherhood all over Europe, plus Constantinople?

stanprollyright
2016-12-10, 06:10 PM
Pure Thief Rogue. Second Story Work is obvious, Fast Hands to draw hidden blades. Maybe 3 levels of Battlemaster Fighter to get Action Surge with parry, riposte, and disarming attack maneuvers.

Beleriphon
2016-12-10, 06:11 PM
I thought he rebuilt the Brotherhood all over Europe, plus Constantinople?

Sort of, the main thrust of it from what I understand of the games Ezio is the one responsible for the modern structure of the assassins seen all the way up to Syndicate.

I usually think of it like this:
Altair: Fighter with an appropriate background to provide stealth and other skills.
Ezio: Rogue/Fighter mutliclass with a focus on the Rogue portion, I can never decide between subclasses though.
Connor: A Ranger/Rogue multiclass, maybe Barbarian/Rogue depending on what class abilities you want to incorporate.
Edward: Fighter/Rogue multiclass, definitely dual wielding.
Arno: Rogue with a rapier. He's probably the simplest of the assassins.
Jacob/Evie: Rogue/Fighter with Jacob being an Assassin Rogue and Evie being the Mastermind Rogue.

Spiderguy24
2016-12-10, 06:16 PM
Sort of, the main thrust of it from what I understand of the games Ezio is the one responsible for the modern structure of the assassins seen all the way up to Syndicate.

He's one of the big pushers to restructuring the Assassins up to the modern age. It's why he's considered the best Assassins Creed protagonist, besides the fact he's a badass.

Beleriphon
2016-12-10, 06:38 PM
He's one of the big pushers to restructuring the Assassins up to the modern age. It's why he's considered the best Assassins Creed protagonist, besides the fact he's a badass.

I actually like Jacob and Evie just as much, they're tons of fun and the setting is just fantastic. But yes, Ezio has big boots to fill for any protagonist in the Assassin's Creed series because he just such a great character.

Specter
2016-12-10, 07:03 PM
I know realize, all Assassins' Creed protagonists have similar abilities to Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid: charismatic leaders with phenomenal abilities involving stealth and resilience. The tone of Metal Gear is tragic, while others is dystopian. Bruuuuuh