PDA

View Full Version : DM help - PCs just decided to all go evil

AdamantlyD20
2015-10-23, 12:09 AM
I'm going to give a bit of abridged backstory.

Players are in a world where there are no "divine beings" - our last campaign ended with a great war between beings of immense power, sides were taken and some gods turned on one another. The benevolent ones selected a chosen group of mortal races and had a mass exodus, bringing them to this new campaign world we are on. The most powerful deity, when faced with an evil being so ancient and powerful (a parasite that feeds off of beings with divine energy to fuel it's life force) that it rivaled even his own strength decided that he would not have any more bloodshed after many gods perished by this entity. The God sealed himself in a giant impenetrable sphere to starve the elder evil of power so it would become weak and flee, as to preserve its power, thus protecting the mortal races.

This sphere hovers above the new world and is known in-game as "the moon that never sets".

As part of his final stand he cast a spell so no creature with any spark of divinity or primordial cosmic power of any alignment could interfere with morals on that realm again. The spell remains intact as long as he remains locked up.

The PCs didn't want any Gods in the campaign world because of all the trouble that happened because of their godwar from the first campaign.

There was one failsafe that the God had, he left three calling horns (Gjallarhorns) and they were entrusted to important figures. The horns have been passed down or changed hands due to invasion or other events. 500 years have passed and the horns were scattered across the globe, only legends and myths tell of the great Gjallarhorns. if the three are blown by mortals in a time of great cosmic danger it would release him from the "moon that never sets" and he would protect them to the best of his ability. But he would not have any worship. He wanted a world where there are no gods, for mortals to choose for themselves what to do. But if the time ever came that they called for him and he was able to hear them, he would be their world guardian.

The PCs have, until this point, been fairly NG/CG aligned. They actively quested for The gjallarhorns and now possess all three.

The issue arose last session when one of them decided he wanted to (in his words): "create a plane full of fire, kill tons of people, trap and harvest their souls, and condemn them to eternal damnation and become the next 'satan' / Evil God"

He has already used a contraption that basically flooded a large cavernous underground city with natural oil and torched the place, killing thousands
Just for fun...

The party is level 10, but ECLof roughly 14-16? From items.

Do i just let it run it's course, letting the world take care of itself? (Bounty hunters, paladins, special forces) come after this guy. Or should I approach him with an "evil overlord-type character and offer him an apprenticeship in being evil, then have it turn on him once he's done all the dirty work?

Suggestions for how to progress the story from here? I don't really care if they're evil, I just want to have a game plan.

Kermon
2015-10-23, 12:57 AM
Hmm I would suggest maybe having some bounty hunters of some sort hunt them down and almost beat them and before that can happen have some overlord, powerful wizard, etc.. save them and offer to train them and give them missions. Just my opinion.

AdamantlyD20
2015-10-23, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. Right now in our story arc we have two main "bad guys"

1.Sliske, a CR 25 CE villain from last campaign, oh they hate this guy. Who currently has an armada of 100,000 magically enhanced ships that are meant to be planetary vehicles (magic space-ships). He hopes to leech power from the weakened god (Ragnarok), should the "moon that never sets" be opened.

2.Paradox, a CR 30 N (N/E) time traveling, manipulative, entity who is killing off and stealing power from powerful beings from different eras of time. His mind is split into two entities, one is good, allied with the PCs and doesn't know about the other entity living inside him. The other, is only concerned with obtaining power, it even went as far as to go back in time to reverse the actions that would have won an encounter but resulted in having an elder artifact lost, just to get a chance to get his hands on the powerful artifact, even if thousands of people perished because of the decision.
-right now the PCs are concerned with his true motive and i suspect they will find out soon.
He too would probably be interested in killing off the imprisoned god, Ragnarok.

Another alternative?

3.unleash a Tarrasque. when the world is on the brink of destruction, maybe the PCs will blow the Gjallarhorns and release Ragnarok, and total chaos will ensure from mass panic. Let it be a Free-for-All between Ragnarok, Sliske, Paradox, Tarrasque, and the PCs and destroy the world?

Platymus Pus
2015-10-23, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the reply. Right now in our story arc we have two main "bad guys"

1.Sliske, a CR 25 CE villain from last campaign, oh they hate this guy. Who currently has an armada of 100,000 magically enhanced ships that are meant to be planetary vehicles (magic space-ships). He hopes to leech power from the weakened god (Ragnarok), should the "moon that never sets" be opened.

2.Paradox, a CR 30 N (N/E) time traveling, manipulative, entity who is killing off and stealing power from powerful beings from different eras of time. His mind is split into two entities, one is good, allied with the PCs and doesn't know about the other entity living inside him. The other, is only concerned with obtaining power, it even went as far as to go back in time to reverse the actions that would have won an encounter but resulted in having an elder artifact lost, just to get a chance to get his hands on the powerful artifact, even if thousands of people perished because of the decision.
-right now the PCs are concerned with his true motive and i suspect they will find out soon.
He too would probably be interested in killing off the imprisoned god, Ragnarok.

Another alternative?

3.unleash a Tarrasque. when the world is on the brink of destruction, maybe the PCs will blow the Gjallarhorns and release Ragnarok, and total chaos will ensure from mass panic. Let it be a Free-for-All between Ragnarok, Sliske, Paradox, Tarrasque, and the PCs and destroy the world?
A Tarrasque? You better add templates to that Tarrasque.
For example:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=594157
A plain Tarrasque is so under-powered it's not much of a threat. Especially if you don't use the PF version which actually can't die.

AdamantlyD20
2015-10-23, 07:52 AM
The templates Tarrasque looks awesome. And yes i was thinking of adding some form of flight to it, more like godzilla + Dragon?

Aletheides
2015-10-23, 09:03 AM
The issue arose last session when one of them decided he wanted to (in his words): "create a plane full of fire, kill tons of people, trap and harvest their souls, and condemn them to eternal damnation and become the next 'satan' / Evil God"

He has already used a contraption that basically flooded a large cavernous underground city with natural oil and torched the place, killing thousands
Just for fun...

Why does this remind me so much of that quote from the first Baldur's Gate: "If you think like a god, and can kill like a god, who is to say you are not a god?"

If you're making this an adaptation of the Norse Ragnarok and Gotterdammerung, have you made a place for all the world-shaking consequences of these kinds of power shifts? Such as, the Fimbulwinter covering the world, mankind mass-murdering each other, Ancient terrors (e.g., the Tarrasque) rising from the deeps...

Possibly have the evil entity helping your Satan-wannabe secretly, because it wants to be replaced? Its existence has become (or ALWAYS was) nothing more than constant agony and terror, barely sustaining itself and feeling its end near? Or using the PCs as a pawn to lure your sealed god out, or help new ones ascend (if that's possible..)

I guess, in the end, which direction are you leaning for your metaplot? Is there a provision for PCs to bring the other gods back, warts and all, to bring the world back into balance? Would they ACTUALLY risk destroying the world rather than have things play out the way they wanted? Or would they be content to rule over rubble? (This is assuming they're all on board with the godhood/conquest/evil idea...)

These may sound overblown, but the PCs are dealing with real world-changing stuff. It would be interesting to see how it goes... You might have a Class 4 Wagnerian tragedy on your hands here! :smallbiggrin:

Aletheides
2015-10-23, 09:11 AM
Rats, I missed some of the context of your backstory when I replied, sorry. Hate it when I do that.

Bronk
2015-10-23, 09:19 AM
It sounds like this is mostly the one PC that's made the switch to full on mad cackling evil, are you sure that the rest of the group is fully on board with this world killing switcheroo?

Red Fel
2015-10-23, 09:20 AM

Just for fun...

The party is level 10, but ECLof roughly 14-16? From items.

Do i just let it run it's course, letting the world take care of itself? (Bounty hunters, paladins, special forces) come after this guy. Or should I approach him with an "evil overlord-type character and offer him an apprenticeship in being evil, then have it turn on him once he's done all the dirty work?

Suggestions for how to progress the story from here? I don't really care if they're evil, I just want to have a game plan.

Okay. The PC who committed genocide "for funsies?" He's Evil now. The other PCs? If they actively helped, or goaded him on, Evil. If not, they're on the verge of Good-Neutral, at best, more likely dipping into Neutral if they knew he was going to do this and didn't try to stop him.

Now, as for what you should do, as GM? IC actions merit IC consequences, and they've just inherited a whoopin'.

If they've left no survivors and no evidence, then technically nobody would know them to send bounty hunters after them. If, on the other hand, they did, then send in the troops. And I mean the troops. These guys are officially one of the biggest threats to life on the planet. A genocide of thousands is a pretty scary thing.

Now, if they actually do have the highest kill count on the planet, things take notice. For example, if they blow the Gjallarhorns, and the Big Guy comes down to save the world, he'll likely try to save it from the PCs. Similarly, if there is any kind of sub-deity-level Evil power, it would take note of these guys. I mean, your Asmodeus equivalent - assuming you have one - would see in these guys both the potential for destruction, and the requisite stupidity to make them easily-used pawns.

So, coming back to the point, react normally. Think of it in real-world terms to determine an appropriate response. If this was some town hidden in the middle of nowhere, with no importance, no survivors, and no witnesses, nobody should even be aware of what happened for months unless a traveler stops by and finds the place mysteriously incinerated. Even then, nothing to connect the party to it, so nobody should be after them. If it was a major city but there are no witnesses, there should be continent-wide panic, concern and investigation, so expect sweeping patrols, but nobody knows it's them. If there is evidence, expect people to come after them.

Spore
2015-10-23, 09:29 AM
Since your world is so thought out you should probably tell us the procedure in which someone acquires godhood in your world. Do you go by the official rules provided? How did multiple gods share their portfolios? Is there someone actively trying to become a new god?

Because you have created the possibly largest power vacuum a DM can create within a setting. A world without gods. Even if the PCs (and more importantly the players) don't want gods, this doesn't mean that some major league NPCs want to get their share of godhood. Taking Forgotten Realms for example, you could easily see Elminster fill the power vacuum of a dead Mystra or the ruling lord of the Zhentarim grasping for divine power if they found a Nether scroll that allows a certain ritual to do so.

Have them pop up over the time of several months, unaware that ascending to godhood and inspiring their followers actually feeds the elder evil. Only the PCs know about this leeching entity (along with a few others who believe them) but the large masses will eventually find spirituality, creating power for new gods and giving the elder evil power to siphon from, making Ragnarok's move useless and forcing him to act after a certain time has passed.

AdamantlyD20
2015-10-23, 10:43 AM
Thank you all for the replies. I wrote this last night and was super tired. Reading this morning I noticed i forgot to mention that the people the PCs killed were the chosen race of Ragnarok, a civilization that he literally made. He, over many many years, granted sentience to ants and made them humanoid in size (medium), able to stand upright. There are two cities, or rather one city divided, undercity/surface dwellers. Those that live on the surface are citizens who have made mistakes, broken minor laws, never allowed to return to the undercity.

The PCs specifically sought out this civilization, and using espionage, managed to get passed the guards and kill their political ruler. Then after blowing up the castle, told the thousands of people watching, "if you do not obey my commands, you will die as well" (intimidate). Most of them were lv 1-2 commoners and had no choice, the few that were 3-8 stood up to fight and had lots of bad D20 rolls and failed miserably.

The PCs erected a plan, out of spite, to set an example to the rest. That plan ended up flooding the undercity with natural oil and burning everything and everyone. There is a small percentage that managed to escape.

As for becoming a god, ascension is possible, although, with Ragnarok's spell still active, none can personally directly interact with said planet. Although they could interact with anywhere else on any part of the material plane and/or any plane they wanted to.

The only god left is Ragnarok, and he has imprisoned himself. I do have some elder artifacts from last campaign that granted small amounts of divine power. The planet the PCs are on is actually the home world of a few old gods. Perhaps an archeological expedition to find lost artifacts or uncover how those old gods ascended in the first place.

AdamantlyD20
2015-10-23, 10:52 AM
It sounds like this is mostly the one PC that's made the switch to full on mad cackling evil, are you sure that the rest of the group is fully on board with this world killing switcheroo?

The other PCs have said, "I guess we're all evil now, I guess we're doing this"

So not 100% committed to being ultimately evil, but willing to go along with it, partially against their will?

TheifofZ
2015-10-23, 01:50 PM
There are two important points here. The second one has been covered fairly well by Red Fel.
To reiterate though: In game actions have In game consequences. The story does not take place in a perfect vacuum with NPCs, monsters, and the landscape phasing in and out as they show up. These guys did their damnedest to wipe out an entire city and a large portion of a species of intelligent creatures, and since they failed to get all of them, that means that what they did will be known. This has Consequences.
This is the point where NPC hero parties start hunting them, bounty hunters start tracking them, and devils start trying to recruit them.
This is also the point where they should, in theory, be barred from almost every city under the sun for fear of a repeat performance. These guys are now, for all intents and purposes, a group of Big Bad Evil Guys, and also (technically) terrorists. Treat them accordingly.

The first important point, though, is equally important: Consider why the PC decided to go whole hog E-evil.
Was he bored of the story and wanted to shake things up, was he always planning to do this, or did he have some other motivation?
Grab the Player out of game and talk to him about it; most (generalization that is not true for all) players don't suddenly change from neutral-ish/good-ish to full evil without reason. Either way, it's important to know why he did it. Remember: The game is not just for the DM to tell a strictly linear story, nor is it just for the players to derp around in a separate world. D&D is about interactive story-telling. If one person isn't having fun, they can, and often will, ruin the experience for everyone else.

Fouredged Sword
2015-10-23, 01:52 PM
A city just died. SOMEONE is going to ask questions and divination means that those questions are going to be fairly easy to answer.

Someone who burned a city is dangerous. Cities have merchants. Several VERY rich and powerful merchant guilds are now very pissed off that the party just burned several million gold worth of investments and metaphorically salted the ground so that those investments cannot be rebuilt. Some of them may have had relatives in the city.

Nobody messes with trade. Anyone of any sort of lawful alignment is out for their blood. Cities are the backbone of civilization. You can take them, you can sack them, you can rule them, but NOBODY goes around razing cities. It's one of those situations that everyone loses.

So all the neutral merchants and all the good kings and all the evil overlords are all going to get together and put a bounty on their heads like nobody has ever seen before. Then they are going to send their armies.

Then, all the chaotic and neutral groups are going to jump in to get the money.

I say they have about a month before they suddenly find assassins literally coming out of the woodwork.

Grim Portent
2015-10-23, 02:02 PM
It's possible that various evil races and cultures who view the sacking/burning/salting of cities as shows of strength will be inclined to respect the party and/or flock to their banner, perceiving them as potential leaders for a war against the civilised factions of the world. Orcs, ogres and giants for example will probably be more than a little impressed that a small group of people killed nearly an entire city.

Whether or not the players actually care about the way such groups see them is another matter entirely of course.

Snowbluff
2015-10-23, 02:10 PM
You have a CR 30 villain who likes killing powerful beings? Why hasn't this been solved yet? :smallconfused:

It writes itself. "You got killed retroactively. That guy is Super Satan instead of you. That's how he can travel through time. Oh, what's that in his pocket? Oh that's your horn that he took from you when he killed you."

How they win is not becoming Satan.

Honest Tiefling
2015-10-23, 02:13 PM

So not 100% committed to being ultimately evil, but willing to go along with it, partially against their will?

...This sounds like something to handle out of character. Are they interested in evil, or just going along with it for the sake of the game? I worry that this means that some people are not happy with how things are going, but aren't speaking up.

Eisfalken
2015-10-23, 03:42 PM
A city just died. SOMEONE is going to ask questions and divination means that those questions are going to be fairly easy to answer.

Someone who burned a city is dangerous. Cities have merchants. Several VERY rich and powerful merchant guilds are now very pissed off that the party just burned several million gold worth of investments and metaphorically salted the ground so that those investments cannot be rebuilt. Some of them may have had relatives in the city.

Nobody messes with trade. Anyone of any sort of lawful alignment is out for their blood. Cities are the backbone of civilization. You can take them, you can sack them, you can rule them, but NOBODY goes around razing cities. It's one of those situations that everyone loses.

So all the neutral merchants and all the good kings and all the evil overlords are all going to get together and put a bounty on their heads like nobody has ever seen before. Then they are going to send their armies.

Then, all the chaotic and neutral groups are going to jump in to get the money.

I say they have about a month before they suddenly find assassins literally coming out of the woodwork.

Oh, you think smaller than I would have.

They just murdered thousands of innocent lives. The gates of the afterlife are now teeming with souls.

The forces of good will not stand for that. Angels, guardinals, and eladrins may take a short while to call a meeting and decide on the best course of action, but you can bet your last copper piece they'll be shooting down to that world to find out what in the name of the gods is going on down there.

The inevitables of Mechanus exist to preserve the cosmic balance; they, too, are about to become alarmed and upset with this turn of events. They will send repeated groups of maruts (since he's trying to defy mortality with godhood), quaruts (to see if he is warping the fabric of the cosmos to do it), and varakhuts (since he is essentially "stealing" his godhood).

The demon princes of the Abyss most assuredly want this soul in their clutches; he will be a fine leader of their lesser servants. They just have to drag him screaming into the realm of ultimate chaotic evil. And what do you know, the Abyss has no real end to such monsters. Sooner or later, one of them will drag him through a portal, and that will be the story of him for a while.

Even the devils of the Nine Hells might try to angle for him. He is a very powerful and ruthless person; he'd make a fine devil one day. All it takes is a Faustian pact... followed by a freak accident in which he dies. Then he belongs to Hell.

I could go on, but the point is, this guy should have just pissed off a huge segment of the extraplanar crowd out there. It is laughable that he shouldn't be fighting wave after wave after wave of top-CR monsters one after the other.

Tuvarkz
2015-10-23, 03:55 PM
Put them up against Mr Bones's Wild Ride. They will either go deep down onto evilness or be horrorized and go back to goodness.

TheifofZ
2015-10-23, 04:09 PM
...This sounds like something to handle out of character. Are they interested in evil, or just going along with it for the sake of the game? I worry that this means that some people are not happy with how things are going, but aren't speaking up.

Glad I'm not the only one who spoke up about this.
We, as people trying to help, and the DM, as the guy in charge, all need to be aware: Is this action of great evil symptomatic of underlying issues within the game?
Are the players generally not having fun and this is their way of changing it up, or do they actually want to plumb the depths of being Evil?

Yes, in-game they have earned a frightful amount of attention, much of it bad. And yes, the DM now has every excuse to pile heaping helpings of hurt atop them.
But that's not the biggest issue. And everyone posting in this thread needs to be aware of that.

Thealtruistorc
2015-10-23, 10:02 PM

(Puts on the Mask) Let's get this started.

Now then, if there are other highly powerful beings in this world, such as the two you mentioned, there has got to be some sort of force that is a legitimate threat to them (elsewise they would have conquered the world by now). I suggest that we bring this guy in, because if he exists he will certainly provide a power check to the party. If your folks intend to play with mass genocide and ascending to godhood, they should know who they are dealing with.

My personal favorite character I created for a campaign of mine was a 20th-level character who had most every buff spell in the game permanency'ed onto him and who had achieved the powers of a demigod through an artifact he wields. This guy routinely fights off armies of lesser conquerors and leaves their bodies on the field as an example to others. If you want to go more subtle, make an Illuminati-style organization that will pound the tar out of anyone who attempts to rival their power axis. Wizards have a lot of powerful weapons, and with ease can break an army down. Well placed ice assassins, poisons, dominations, and of course the almighty gate spell can wreck most any party when divinations are accurate, so if the PCs are acting as a threat to the world it makes sense that someone would emerge to set them straight. There may not be gods, but there are certainly high-level NPCs.

Take a look at some of the TO monstrosities the playground has created, and feel free to sick them on the players (The Emerald Legion is a favorite of mine. Good luck having them fight it).

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-10-23, 11:00 PM
Players are in a world where there are no "divine beings" - our last campaign ended with a great war between beings of immense power, sides were taken and some gods turned on one another. The benevolent ones selected a chosen group of mortal races and had a mass exodus, bringing them to this new campaign world we are on. The most powerful deity, when faced with an evil being so ancient and powerful (a parasite that feeds off of beings with divine energy to fuel it's life force) that it rivaled even his own strength decided that he would not have any more bloodshed after many gods perished by this entity. The God sealed himself in a giant impenetrable sphere to starve the elder evil of power so it would become weak and flee, as to preserve its power, thus protecting the mortal races.

This sphere hovers above the new world and is known in-game as "the moon that never sets".

I'm getting a feeling this was inspired by the eldrazi from mtg

Bronk
2015-10-24, 10:34 AM

Well, looking back at some of your older posts, it looks like this is something that happens periodically in the games you're in. If it's the same group of people, they must be pretty used to it by now.

You could try pointing out to everyone that their evil actions are going to change the game and give them a chance to make up for it (although that might involve that one guy sacrificing his character). If they don't go for that, or if you'd rather not give them the chance, you could just go with it and use all the great ideas people have come up with to keep the game believable.

Glorius Nippon
2015-10-24, 11:22 AM
Regardless of what you do, make sure that what happens is a consequence of their actions, not a punishment. Maybe even adapt the campaign a bit if they are deciding to go the evil route. Just make sure that you don't simply use your GM powers to smite him for changing the flow of the story, that's not fun for anyone. Especially since it discourages the players from doing anything interesting or out of the ordinary from that point on.

Afterall, getting insta-killed by something you had no chance against would leave the atmosphere of your game rather chilly.

Ger. Bessa
2015-10-24, 04:12 PM
I'm pretty sure some Ant-people who survived want to get the horns from the PCs to awaken the god they were chosen by. That's party one. They might strike at the PCs like ninjas, when they are distracted by other things.

Most civilizations on your world are now opposed to your PCs (unless there was BIG discrimination against your Ant-people). No need for witnesses, if there is anything like oracles or (arcane) divination specialist every strange old man in every village just spouted a prophecy about douchebags making six-legged extra-crispy fries. That's party two.

Many things probably want to enter that world but can't land en masse as long as the god is taking his nap. They might still send commandos. That's party three.

Now they're in survival mode. Even if they want to repent, they're gonna be harassed til they're top dog in this world with the god sealed, they're top dog in the multiverse with the pelt of the god as their fancy carpet, or they died.

Add as many party as you want. Look at what the Evil Overlord List has about creating heroes and find how your PCs caused an illusionist to create the phantasm of his beloved as an unstoppable angel (google Akroma if you don't know what I mean). Make threats. Build threats. Attack their rope trick with transdimensional spells. Plane-shift into their manors. No access to magic mart. No crafting time. No rest time unless deserved.

They want to play bad ? Remove the kiddy gloves.

And when you release the pressure, make sure they think about what they just did. They must have the choice of going deeper, or choosing good (and redemption) again.

AdamantlyD20
2015-10-25, 02:28 PM
Well, looking back at some of your older posts, it looks like this is something that happens periodically in the games you're in. If it's the same group of people, they must be pretty used to it by now.

You could try pointing out to everyone that their evil actions are going to change the game and give them a chance to make up for it (although that might involve that one guy sacrificing his character). If they don't go for that, or if you'd rather not give them the chance, you could just go with it and use all the great ideas people have come up with to keep the game believable.

This is actually a different group with, oddly enough, very similar problem. I may talk to the individuals and explain to them that actions have consequences and the world will change accordingly. As someone mentioned earlier, I need to make sure they understand the difference between punishment and consequence.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-10-25, 03:18 PM
Is everyone happy with the change? A single charismatic player can end up dragging the entire party along for a ride they may not want to go on. Talk to them about it to make sure no one is feeling forced to do something they don't want to do.

AdamantlyD20
2015-10-31, 01:21 AM
One of the players was given an item a few months back that could be used once per year to reverse time up to one month. They went back in time and chose not to commit homicidal acts and are supposedly going to be good again. They paid for atonement and are enjoying adventuring again.

FocusWolf413
2015-10-31, 02:49 AM
Well that's anticlimactic.

ericgrau
2015-10-31, 05:43 AM
killing thousands
Just for fun...

Do i just let it run it's course, letting the world take care of itself?

Game plan: End the game, start a new one. Evil isn't evil just to be evil, and this kind of one dimensional stereotype thinking isn't going to end well for anything outside of cartoon villains.

If you want to let things run their course it plays out like this: Wanton killing out in the open draws the attention of everyone around. World doesn't like them and gangs up on them, including the evil ones. Party either TPKs rapidly or flees and goes into hiding, then switches from stupid evil to smart evil.

If you handwave it then kiss any plot goodbye as the world stops reacting realistically. So then you keep throwing orphans and random goodie two shoes champions at the party for them to slaughter. Yay? I suppose you can still have ok combat against random foes for no reason.

One of the players was given an item a few months back that could be used once per year to reverse time up to one month. They went back in time and chose not to commit homicidal acts and are supposedly going to be good again. They paid for atonement and are enjoying adventuring again.

Wow that worked out much better than expected. Retcon mistake ftw.