PDA

View Full Version : I need hillarious concepts for characters.

SangoProduction
2015-10-23, 01:40 AM
I am playing a campaign titled "A room full of derps". You can probably guess this is meant to be a comedy bit. It's loosely based in D&D 3.5, with the typical Medieval Fantasy setting.

I've got a character right now, Herald, the Lord of Terror - a wyrmling red dragon with chubby cheeks and puppy dog eyes....and also apparently now can command bunnies...with occasional success (last time they all slaughtered themselves, and Herald and his foe enjoyed fresh BBQ, but bunnies shouldn't be hard to come by).

Another of the party is "The Moderately Manly Man". You can probably guess how that goes.

The end of the skit is coming soon, so I need a new character. Hopefully something as zany as possible while being somewhat
down to Earth. I don't know if they setting is going to change, but I assume not.

Eno Remnant
2015-10-23, 01:57 AM
There are two ideas I can think of (not my own, sadly) that would suit you well, both originating from the Playground.

One is to be a Bard and convince your DM to let you have a piano golem. After all, pianos are notoriously difficult to cart around in combat. The twist is that you find a flamboyant outfit and blue sunglasses, call yourself Elton and ride the golem into battle. Be Elton John riding a piano into battle, and none will beat your coolness.

The other is a thread from a little while back called Collateral Damage Man. The concept was to create a character that unintentionally broke everything around him when he attacked.

Hope these help.

Rubik
2015-10-23, 02:02 AM
Make a dyslexic wild mage who got really bad grades in school, because he was really bad at grammar and typography. Everything goes wrong half the time because he keeps writing the wrong things in his spellbooks. Misspell Magic, Tasha's Hideous Daughter, Evard's Black Testicles, and so on.

Platymus Pus
2015-10-23, 02:03 AM
Something that only attacks with eggs.

Rubik
2015-10-23, 02:07 AM
Something that only attacks with eggs.A commoner 1/cleric X with Infested With Chickens who casts off of Strength using the Lost Tradition feat and who uses Greater Consumptive Field and Quick Draw to boost his CL and Str score sky high? Combine with Fell Drain or Fell Animate and that feat that makes undead you create explode?

Hen grenades.

Combine with Tomb Tainted Soul for free healing when they inevitably explode in your face.

Platymus Pus
2015-10-23, 02:15 AM
A commoner 1/cleric X with Infested With Chickens who casts off of Strength using the Lost Tradition feat and who uses Greater Consumptive Field and Quick Draw to boost his CL and Str score sky high? Combine with Fell Drain or Fell Animate and that feat that makes undead you create explode?

Hen grenades.

Combine with Tomb Tainted Soul for free healing when they inevitably explode in your face.

Why not, get some Eggshell Gernades for fun as well. Get the eggs mixed up

Doorhandle
2015-10-23, 02:41 AM
The fighter wizard is always a classic: A purely mundane fighter who yells out things like "magic missile" when shooting arrows, or "grease" when releasing marbles.

Alternaty go for combat reflexes, karmic strike and robilar's gambit, possibly with a trip build. Get more attacks off your turn than on your turn. Alternity, get double hit for even more hits.

Sir Chuckles
2015-10-23, 02:44 AM
This requires a bit o' Dragon Magazine buuuutt...

Strongheart Halfling Barbarian (Halfling Barbarian Racial Sub. Levels), using the flaw Obese and the feat Willing Deformity: Obese. The sub levels removes the Small size penalty to Intimidate and allow the Halfling to use Medium weapon while raging. Pick up a Minotaur Greathammer, and use the rest of your resources to go either Intimidate or standard charging.

Rubik
2015-10-23, 02:47 AM
Tiny Von BigMcLargeHuge? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?132294-Tiny-Von-BigMcLargeHuge) Qualify for the build using Human Heritage or Human Blooded.

ThinkMinty
2015-10-23, 03:16 AM
Oh sweet mother of ****s have you come to the right sleep-deprived lunatic.

The Naughty Librarian Wizard
This Wizard isn't what people expect from a Lawful Good Wizard. She's sultry, saucy, strict, and above all, naughty. Somewhat of a control freak, and more than a bit of a flirt, this wizard is always up for an adventure, whether it's a dungeon crawl or making use of her Rope Tricks.

The Calm, Fancy Barbarian
This barbarian is far from angry, he's polite, affable, and always cool as a cucumber. He's a consummate gentleman. Even in a rage, he maintains poise and decorum. While raging, he's less restrained in his commentary, his tongue becoming sharper than whatever blade he dispassionately mangles his adversaries with. He's still calm and composed, just suddenly quite sarcastic.

The Cute Patoot Bruiser
Take a petite young lady, give her a frontliner class. Now, have her decorate her weapons with cute little embellishments, such as giving her a cloak with a cat-eared hood, or give her ridiculously big hammer a heart pattern. Now have her mildly chastise her enemies for being naughty and making her have to fight them. She's incredibly competent, just childish, immature, and somewhat lazy unless her friends need help. She's tiny and adorable, but she'll **** up their **** while telling them they're silly for thinking they could win. She will also engage in grapples with surprising skill, and cuddle her foes into submission. She's plucky, adorable, and the most ballsy, badass member of the crew.

Scoutboy Kender Ranger
Here's the Ranger. He's a naive, well-meaning young, Lawful Good Kender Ranger. He's always trying to earn merit badges for various accomplishments, and he goes from goofy to gallant as soon as he might receive approval, the satisfaction of a well-done good deed, or hugs. His ability tame and commune with animals is downright uncanny, and he gets easily distracted by dinosaurs, or by cute people of either sex, as he bats for both teams...not that he knows there's a word for it. He's a hero-for-hire, and he can be pretty easily roped into things that would've made him fall a thousand times over if he was a Paladin.

The Improvised Weapon Master
Take a build that maximizes the ability to improvise weapons. Now just beat their asses with whatever you can get your hands on, since you now have weapon proficiency: everything. Steal the enemy's weapon, beat 'em to death with it. Act all surprised whenever it works too, sort of like you have no idea what you're doing, but somehow it works. Beating someone's ass with a chair is always fun.

All I got for now, but just keep comin' up with silly ****, like a Blink Dog that throws newspapers at people.

Doorhandle
2015-10-23, 03:39 AM
Scoutboy Kender Ranger
Here's the Ranger. He's a naive, well-meaning young, Lawful Good Kender Ranger. He's always trying to earn merit badges for various accomplishments, and he goes from goofy to gallant as soon as he might receive approval, the satisfaction of a well-done good deed, or hugs. His ability tame and commune with animals is downright uncanny, and he gets easily distracted by dinosaurs, or by cute people of either sex, as he bats for both teams...not that he knows there's a word for it. He's a hero-for-hire, and he can be pretty easily roped into things that would've made him fall a thousand times over if he was a Paladin.

Take a build that maximizes the ability to improvise weapons. Now just beat their asses with whatever you can get your hands on, since you now have weapon proficiency: everything. Steal the enemy's weapon, beat 'em to death with it. Act all surprised whenever it works too, sort of like you have no idea what you're doing, but somehow it works. Beating someone's ass with a chair is always fun.

All I got for now, but just keep comin' up with silly ****, like a Blink Dog that throws newspapers at people.

I've played the latter in PFS, worked pretty well, but I got sick of the upkeep.

As for the former remind me of my own concept: the halfling with no name. An incredibly dour gunslinger, who despises thieves and practical jokes. Is complete with a tendency to play a mournful harmonica while walking away from the destruction in his wake. His darkest secret is his kender blood.

SangoProduction
2015-10-23, 03:48 AM
I like the ideas presented. The Tiny Von Huge thing doesn't really work, mechanically, but is a funny concept regardless.

ShurikVch
2015-10-23, 04:11 AM
Something that only attacks with eggs.And use the Drunken Master PrC - eggs will break only on natural 1 :smallsmile:
Strongheart Halfling Barbarian (Halfling Barbarian Racial Sub. Levels), using the flaw Obese and the feat Willing Deformity: Obese. The sub levels removes the Small size penalty to Intimidate and allow the Halfling to use Medium weapon while raging. Pick up a Minotaur Greathammer, and use the rest of your resources to go either Intimidate or standard charging.Add in Half-Ogre template - you will be Medium-sized, but still get a feat for losing your Small size advantages; also, in Rage you will be able to use Large-sized weapon with no penalty
The Calm, Fancy Barbarian
This barbarian is far from angry, he's polite, affable, and always cool as a cucumber. He's a consummate gentleman. Even in a rage, he maintains poise and decorum.Conan Doyle the Barbarian? :smallbiggrin:
The Cute Patoot Bruiser
Take a petite young lady, give her a frontliner class. Now, have her decorate her weapons with cute little embellishments, such as giving her a cloak with a cat-eared hood, or give her ridiculously big hammer a heart pattern. Now have her mildly chastise her enemies for being naughty and making her have to fight them. She's incredibly competent, just childish, immature, and somewhat lazy unless her friends need help. She's tiny and adorable, but she'll **** up their **** while telling them they're silly for thinking they could win. She will also engage in grapples with surprising skill, and cuddle her foes into submission. She's plucky, adorable, and the most ballsy, badass member of the crew. Powerpuff Girl? :smallamused:
Brawler PrC from Dragon #295 actually have proficiency with Improvised Weapons; also, the same issue have the Improvised Weapon Proficiency feat

ThinkMinty
2015-10-23, 04:31 AM
Conan Doyle the Barbarian? :smallbiggrin:

Haaaaa that pun is priceless. But yes, a very polite Barbarian. His rages are like receiving a customer complaint letter, but in person, and with more swordcane in the organs.

Powerpuff Girl? :smallamused:

Also yes. You don't even have to be Buttercup to be hardcore, just be Bubbles.

2015-10-23, 04:53 AM
Limbless monk, whose preferred weapons are headbutts to the crotch...and dangerously powerful pelvic thrusts.

Rubik
2015-10-23, 05:06 AM
Awakened wolf unarmed swordsage with a divine rank.

"I know kung fu."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrJ4AIYQ7Wc

Darrin
2015-10-23, 05:14 AM
Here's a suggestion from an older thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444610):

Caveman Lawyer

Race: Neanderthal
1) Fighter 1. Feat: Criminal Background (City of Stormreach). Bonus: Combat Expertise.
2) Fighter 2. Bonus: Dodge.
3) Fighter 3. Feat: Skill Focus: Profession (Law).
4) Fighter 4. Bonus: Melee Evasion (PHBII).
5) Fighter 5.
6) Fighter 6. Feat: Master Manipulator (PHBII). Bonus: Improved Combat Expertise (Complete Warrior).
7) Fighter 7.
8) Fighter 8. Bonus: Combat Cloak Expert (PHBII).

ShurikVch
2015-10-23, 05:19 AM
Here's a suggestion from an older thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444610):

Caveman Lawyer

Race: Neanderthal
1) Fighter 1. Feat: Criminal Background (City of Stormreach). Bonus: Combat Expertise.
2) Fighter 2. Bonus: Dodge.
3) Fighter 3. Feat: Skill Focus: Profession (Law).
4) Fighter 4. Bonus: Melee Evasion (PHBII).
5) Fighter 5.
6) Fighter 6. Feat: Master Manipulator (PHBII). Bonus: Improved Combat Expertise (Complete Warrior).
7) Fighter 7.
8) Fighter 8. Bonus: Combat Cloak Expert (PHBII).Patron Deity - Asmodeus?

Sir Chuckles
2015-10-23, 05:22 AM
Add in Half-Ogre template - you will be Medium-sized, but still get a feat for losing your Small size advantages; also, in Rage you will be able to use Large-sized weapon with no penalty
Nope, can't do that.
The Halfling Sub levels specifically state Medium weapons can be wielded without penalty while raging, not a size category larger. I had the same thoughts for the character, but found that it didn't work as per the wording, which was surprisingly unambiguous for a Dragon article.

Brawler PrC from Dragon #295 actually have proficiency with Improvised Weapons; also, the same issue have the Improvised Weapon Proficiency feat

Unfortunately, the feat only reduces the penalty to -2. Improvised Weapons are difficult to do in 3.5, as evident by the fact you need to delve into Dragon to get them to function. And then take at least two levels of a class that has a 7th level minimum entry.
Pathfinder is significantly better for Improvised Weapon-ing.

Andezzar
2015-10-23, 05:27 AM
The fighter wizard is always a classic: A purely mundane fighter who yells out things like "magic missile" when shooting arrows, or "grease" when releasing marbles.Make him an Ubercharger. that way he can add "Disintegrate!" to his list of "known spells".

2015-10-23, 05:40 AM
Pathfinder is significantly better for Improvised Weapon-ing.

Hulking Hurler might disagree with you there, although that kind of cheese is almost grounds for getting the book thrown at you.

ShurikVch
2015-10-23, 05:42 AM
Nope, can't do that.
The Halfling Sub levels specifically state Medium weapons can be wielded without penalty while raging, not a size category larger. I had the same thoughts for the character, but found that it didn't work as per the wording, which was surprisingly unambiguous for a Dragon article.That ability is Powerful Build in all but name - re-rule to "+1 size" would be reasonable; otherwise, Halfling shrinker down to 3" by the Rod of Wonder (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rods.htm#wonder) will still fight as Medium-sized

Andezzar
2015-10-23, 06:12 AM
That ability is Powerful Build in all but name - re-rule to "+1 size" would be reasonable; otherwise, Halfling shrinker down to 3" by the Rod of Wonder (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rods.htm#wonder) will still fight as Medium-sizedI don't have the dragon magazine, but unless this ability is worded quite differently than powerful build, your trick does not work. Powerful build does nothing to the character's reach. The reach of a tiny creature is 0 ft.

Xuldarinar
2015-10-23, 06:22 AM
I think a Commoner 1/Anything X with the Corpse flaw could raise some brows.

"Throughout our journeys I've come to notice a corpse turn up in most of our dungeon delves, or even when we would settle in for the night. At first I payed it no mind, but each time there is one that looks identical to those in the last. Sometimes it would arrive before us, and other times it seems to be at our heels, but no one has seen it move. We've done all manner of things to the body to try to illicit a response. We've cast all manners of spells upon it to no avail, even our cleric has attempted to cause it to turn and flee but it just sits there. Theres every indication that it is just an ordinary corpse, yet when we turn our backs it just shows up again. A month ago I removed something from the corpse and put it in among my things, and the next time the corpse turned up, it had it back on its person."

ShurikVch
2015-10-23, 06:32 AM
I don't have the dragon magazine, but unless this ability is worded quite differently than powerful build, your trick does not work. Powerful build does nothing to the character's reach. The reach of a tiny creature is 0 ft.
Halfling Rage (Ex): Halfling barbarians learn to minimize the impact of their size while in combat. Whenever a halfling barbarian rages, treat him as a Medium creature whenever doing so would be beneficial, such as while in a grapple. While raging, the halfling's size actually increases slightly, and he therefore loses his +1 size bonus to AC and on attacks. Otherwise, this ability is exactly like the standard rage ability.
Whenever the halfling barbarian gains additional uses of the rage ability, he instead gains additional uses of this ability. Feats that alter the rage ability, such as Extend Rage or Instantaneous Rage, instead alter the halfling rage ability.
This class feature replaces the standard barbarian's rage ability.So, if it would be "beneficial" for a 3" Barbarian to have a Medium-sized reach, he would have it

Glimworm
2015-10-23, 06:41 AM
This needs Sir Bearington. http://i.imgur.com/FzZBq6K.png

Sir Chuckles
2015-10-23, 07:14 AM
Oh, speaking of Sir Bearington, it needs Fistbear Bearfist (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=6061.0) as well!

Novawurmson
2015-10-23, 07:29 AM
The Cute Patoot Bruiser
Take a petite young lady, give her a frontliner class. Now, have her decorate her weapons with cute little embellishments, such as giving her a cloak with a cat-eared hood, or give her ridiculously big hammer a heart pattern. Now have her mildly chastise her enemies for being naughty and making her have to fight them. She's incredibly competent, just childish, immature, and somewhat lazy unless her friends need help. She's tiny and adorable, but she'll **** up their **** while telling them they're silly for thinking they could win. She will also engage in grapples with surprising skill, and cuddle her foes into submission. She's plucky, adorable, and the most ballsy, badass member of the crew.

I DMed for Princess Sassi (with a little heart for the dot of the "i"), dwarf barbarian. Men would swoon for the gorgeous, flowing locks of her beard.

Same player wanted to play a clown bard who accidentally killed people by throwing pies at them.

Another player was just a human cleric. A human cleric founding a religion based around a giant, divine goose who may or may not have existed. He commanded a warship of lizardfolk that converted to his religion to scalp the wicked and wear their hair (as good deeds cling to the feathers and hair of the faithful; lizardfolk, having no hair, had no way to store good deeds). That was a strange campaign...

Edit: Was reminded that said good deeds were called "heaven points."

Red Fel
2015-10-23, 08:39 AM
Half-elf commoner 4 / dragonmarked heir 4

Feats
1: Least Mark of Storm
3: Favored in House
6: Mighty Dragonmark

When you get the Greater Mark of Storm from your class, select Control Winds. Pick up one of the items which increase a dragonmarks' caster level by 2 - I forget the name - and your caster level is 18 which is sufficient to produce a tornado regardless of the current wind speed, over a radius of 720'. Since it's your only offensive ability it's your go-to offensive ability ...

Sources: ECS and Dragonmarked.

Play it completely straight. You are a character with one ability, only one. You can use it only once a day (twice if you take all DMH levels).

That ability is the power to conjure a tornado that lasts for three hours and pretty much destroys anything in its radius that isn't at least Huge.

You are the walking, talking definition of "if you give a man a hammer," because you have only one tool to address any situation - complete and total destruction by freaking tornado.

If you want actual versatility, take the Storm Sentry PrC and grab your Dragonmark feats separately. Same result, only now you also gain utility from your Gust of Wind SLA. Be the definition of a blowhard.

For triple word score, replace those Commoner levels with Bard. Be a Half-Elf Bard, and rock out. Rock the ever-loving crap out. Wield a literal axe with strings attached, use it as your instrument. Play a wicked lick, and follow it up with your Gust of Wind ability. Blow them all away.

Andezzar
2015-10-23, 09:01 AM
For triple word score, replace those Commoner levels with Bard. Be a Half-Elf Bard, and rock out. Rock the ever-loving crap out. Wield a literal axe with strings attached, use it as your instrument. Play a wicked lick, and follow it up with your Gust of Wind ability. Blow them all away.For those who understand German here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXhvYpd0u5s) is a story about this guy and his friends.

Aletheides
2015-10-23, 09:23 AM
I think a Commoner 1/Anything X with the Corpse flaw could raise some brows.

"Throughout our journeys I've come to notice a corpse turn up in most of our dungeon delves, or even when we would settle in for the night. At first I payed it no mind, but each time there is one that looks identical to those in the last. Sometimes it would arrive before us, and other times it seems to be at our heels, but no one has seen it move. We've done all manner of things to the body to try to illicit a response. We've cast all manners of spells upon it to no avail, even our cleric has attempted to cause it to turn and flee but it just sits there. Theres every indication that it is just an ordinary corpse, yet when we turn our backs it just shows up again. A month ago I removed something from the corpse and put it in among my things, and the next time the corpse turned up, it had it back on its person."

I read this and immediately thought of a corpse rogue.

"Huh, there's a corpse here right next to this unlocked door!"
"Wow, what a tough fight. Hey, here's a dead monster with a dead victim nearby. ...What's this knife doing in its back??"

:smallbiggrin:

daremetoidareyo
2015-10-23, 09:25 AM
droplomancy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?402795-Ridiculous-Character-Concepts-2-Slam-Dunk!&highlight=droplomancer)

birdman stunna (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?367850-Birdman-Stunna-or-How-I-Learned-to-Stop-Worrying-and-Punch-Evil-in-the-Face&highlight=birdman+stun)

Sparrow hengeyokai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?452154-Sparrow-Hengeyokai-melee-build&highlight=sparrow) DFA is always fun.

Xuldarinar
2015-10-23, 10:22 AM
I read this and immediately thought of a corpse rogue.

"Huh, there's a corpse here right next to this unlocked door!"
"Wow, what a tough fight. Hey, here's a dead monster with a dead victim nearby. ...What's this knife doing in its back??"

:smallbiggrin:

That would certainly be a sight to see.

I had another character concept. A Warforged warlock (or dragonfire adept) who seems to take too much delight in the fact they never functionally need to sleep, to the point of being loud and annoyingly cheerful... all.. the time.

Bonzai
2015-10-23, 10:25 AM
One humorous concept I am actually planning on running is The Crazy Cat Lady.

Mongrel Folk Druid 1/sorcerer 1/ wizard 1/ totemist 2/ Beast Master 10
* wizard and sorc use the alternative class features that swap out familiars for animal companions.

Feats: Skill Focus (handle animal), share soulmeld, bonus essentia, expanded capacity, and Wild Cohort. Add on Incarnum feats for extra essentia.

This character, being a mongrel folk, is very insecure and more than a little crazy. She will never refer to herself as an individual. Instead she will project her thoughts and emotions through her cats. Each cat will represent a different aspect of her personality. One will represent her aggression, one her fun loving side, etc... A conversation with her could very well go something like this; "Ooh, Princess Prissy Whiskers loves a fancy party! Yes she does, yes she does. But Mr. Tiggles thinks the prince is up to something. He doesn't trust him, no he does not!"

Mechanically the build will revolve around Share Soulmeld. Bind a Manticore belt to the Totem chakra. It throws out a spike for each essentia point invested in the meld. Each one deals 1d6 points of damage. Ultimately the build will have 8 cats. Each will share the meld with you. You can invest up to 4 normally, plus 1 for the expanded capacity class feature, +1 from the feat, +1 from focus item, for a total of 7 essentia. So 7 spikes each, on the character and each of her cats for 63 spikes each dealing a d6.

Also, Totemist will giver her lots of utility and skill boosts. With her Handle animal skill, she can teach her cats amazing tricks.

daremetoidareyo
2015-10-23, 10:40 AM
One humorous concept I am actually planning on running is The Crazy Cat Lady.

Mongrel Folk Druid 1/sorcerer 1/ wizard 1/ totemist 2/ Beast Master 10
* wizard and sorc use the alternative class features that swap out familiars for animal companions.

Feats: Skill Focus (handle animal), share soulmeld, bonus essentia, expanded capacity, and Wild Cohort. Add on Incarnum feats for extra essentia.

Mechanically the build will revolve around Share Soulmeld. Bind a Manticore belt to the Totem chakra. It throws out a spike for each essentia point invested in the meld. Each one deals 1d6 points of damage. Ultimately the build will have 8 cats. Each will share the meld with you. You can invest up to 4 normally, plus 1 for the expanded capacity class feature, +1 from the feat, +1 from focus item, for a total of 7 essentia. So 7 spikes each, on the character and each of her cats for 63 spikes each dealing a d6.

Also, Totemist will giver her lots of utility and skill boosts. With her Handle animal skill, she can teach her cats amazing tricks.

basilisk mask can be optimized here as well.

Eisfalken
2015-10-23, 04:16 PM
Half-orc barbarian who wishes to be the greatest cook in the land one day. Has ferocity ACF instead of rage; he doesn't go completely nuts, he just gets really, scary-happy about chopping things up. Like some abomination that mixed the Swedish Chef with The Hulk.

carrdrivesyou
2015-10-23, 04:31 PM
Korg the Magical ladies and gents.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?195049-Help-Me-Be-Annoying-with-a-Barbarian-Wizard

Draconium
2015-10-23, 04:54 PM
I once had an idea to play a Tibbit Swordsage. One who would never come out of his cat form. Convince your party's Wizard of Sorcerer to get a cat familiar, so you can communicate to them, and to the spellcaster through them. Have it seem as if you're just following the party around because you like the familiar. Most importantly - never tell any of your party members you're anything but a cat.

Then, at the end of the campaign's final session, after the story has pretty much ended, meow really loudly until you have the party's attention on you. Then turn into your other form, say "Well, it's been fun, guys," and leave without another word. Or an explanation for what just happened. :smalltongue:

Rubik
2015-10-23, 05:06 PM
I once had an idea to play a Tibbit Swordsage. One who would never come out of his cat form. Convince your party's Wizard of Sorcerer to get a cat familiar, so you can communicate to them, and to the spellcaster through them. Have it seem as if you're just following the party around because you like the familiar. Most importantly - never tell any of your party members you're anything but a cat.

Then, at the end of the campaign's final session, after the story has pretty much ended, meow really loudly until you have the party's attention on you. Then turn into your other form, say "Well, it's been fun, guys," and leave without another word. Or an explanation for what just happened. :smalltongue:This would work a bit better in a "real" scenario, like in a movie or TV show. The other players know you're playing the cat, so the surprise is a little less intense, I imagine.

Draconium
2015-10-23, 05:10 PM
This would work a bit better in a "real" scenario, like in a movie or TV show. The other players know you're playing the cat, so the surprise is a little less intense, I imagine.

I originally came up with it for my group, though, and I'm 99% certain I'm the only person in the group who even knows what a Tibbit is. So it would really create a "wait, WHAT?!" moment for them. It wouldn't really work for groups who know what Tibbits are, but it would still be hilarious to see a cat destroying everything in combat with your stances and maneuvers.

Soranar
2015-10-23, 10:32 PM
I always like the Factotum that dumps INT

you can still spend inspiration points to sneak attack with cunning strike
you can still add your class level to skills with cunning knowledge
you can still cast your spells (just use buffs since your save DC is terrible)
you can still use cunning surge for extra actions
you can still use cunning breach to ignore SR

by level 11 though, there isn't much reason to stay a factotum.

There's also my carebear build

Race: strongheart halfling (furriest small creature I could think of)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Templates: none

STATS (32 pts buy)

STR 6
DEX 16
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 16
CHA 14

1 Warlock Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty, nymph's kiss
2 Warlock Vow of nonviolence
3 Warlock Travel devotion
4 Warlock Vow of peace
5 Warlock
6 Warlock Knowledge devotion Purify spell-like ability
7 Ruathar
8 Apostle of peace Consecrate spell-like ability
9 Apostle of peace Maximise Spell-like ability
10 Eldritch Disciple Consecrate spell
11 Eldritch Disciple
12 Eldritch Disciple Quicken spell-like ability good spell focus
13 Eldritch Disciple
14 Eldritch Disciple servant of the heavens
15 Eldritch Disciple spell penetration
16 Eldritch Disciple vow of purity
17 Eldritch Disciple
18 Eldritch Disciple greater spell penetration Vow of abstinence
19 Eldritch Disciple
20 Warlock Vow of chastity

So yeah, basically a very very nice little furry thing that likes to beam people happiness. It never eats, drinks or breathe, and wherever you try to hide it will find you!

Rubik
2015-10-23, 11:20 PM
I always like the Factotum that dumps INT

you can still spend inspiration points to sneak attack with cunning strike
you can still add your class level to skills with cunning knowledge
you can still cast your spells (just use buffs since your save DC is terrible)
you can still use cunning surge for extra actions
you can still use cunning breach to ignore SR

by level 11 though, there isn't much reason to stay a factotum.I was going to say that you need a minimum Int for Arcane Dilettante, but I checked, and no. No, you don't.

How odd.

TheIronGolem
2015-10-23, 11:37 PM
A commoner 1/cleric X with Infested With Chickens who casts off of Strength using the Lost Tradition feat and who uses Greater Consumptive Field and Quick Draw to boost his CL and Str score sky high? Combine with Fell Drain or Fell Animate and that feat that makes undead you create explode?

Hen grenades.

Why not, get some Eggshell Gernades for fun as well. Get the eggs mixed up

And spend all combats paralyzed with indecision, because you're not sure which comes first.

Rubik
2015-10-23, 11:44 PM
And spend all combats paralyzed with indecision, because you're not sure which comes first.Only if your Int is under 10, because the egg has to have come first. You can have a mutation from non-chicken parents that result in an egg with a chicken in it (which is called evolution, BTW), but the inverse doesn't make sense.

SangoProduction
2015-10-23, 11:50 PM
Only if your Int is under 10, because the egg has to have come first. You can have a mutation from non-chicken parents that result in an egg with a chicken in it, but you cannot have an egg that doesn't have a chicken in it result in a chicken.

Evolution does not work that way. A child is never a different species from its parents.

What happens when we classify species (in the simplest terms) is "Does this set of animals look different from another set?". If the two sets are sufficiently different, they are declared separate species.

So, the Egg comes first, because the egg exists before the chicken is classified as a chicken.

However, they both come "at the same time" if you are saying specifically the "chicken egg" because once the species is classified, the eggs are too, and boom. They both are classified at the same time.

Rubik
2015-10-23, 11:51 PM
Evolution does not work that way. A child is never a different species from its parents.

What happens when we classify species (in the simplest terms) is "Does this set of animals look different from another set?". If the two sets are sufficiently different, they are declared separate species.

So, the Egg comes first, because the egg exists before the chicken is classified as a chicken.Mutations can and do occasionally result in offspring that cannot reproduce with the parent species. It's rare, but it can happen.

SangoProduction
2015-10-23, 11:54 PM
Mutations can and do occasionally result in offspring that cannot reproduce with the parent species. It's rare, but it can happen.

Reproductive capacity doesn't make a species either. A barren woman is still a human.

The differentiation between species is arbitrary, but useful in categorization.

TheIronGolem
2015-10-24, 12:05 AM
A biology debate. The surest sign that a joke has landed. Well done, me.

DrMotives
2015-10-24, 09:17 AM
A biology debate. The surest sign that a joke has landed. Well done, me.

Well don't you just have egg on your face now?

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-10-24, 09:51 PM
Longhorn a Minotaur that believe he can be Ninja and will have no talk saying he can't. Class req. Ninja or something similar to mimic it. He use to belong to a group of minotaur called the far east themed wu tang clan that kicked him out for being a ninja.

Cofniben
2015-10-24, 10:17 PM
Just play a character with low Charisma, and the entire time speak like the Swedish Chef. Extra points if you take Profession (Chef)

Rubik
2015-10-24, 10:20 PM
Longhorn a Minotaur that believe he can be Ninja and will have no talk saying he can't. Class req. Ninja or something similar to mimic it. He use to belong to a group of minotaur called the far east themed wu tang clan that kicked him out for being a ninja.Swordsage is undeniably a requirement.

Platymus Pus
2015-10-24, 10:27 PM
Go for the symbiote template, make your character some fusion of a slime and a small cat

2015-10-24, 10:32 PM
Minotaur Bard. (http://elgrandepics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Minotaur-Bard1.jpg)

Rubik
2015-10-24, 11:02 PM
Minotaur Bard. (http://elgrandepics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Minotaur-Bard1.jpg)Minotard. xxx

daremetoidareyo
2015-10-24, 11:29 PM
symbiotic (SS) human/yellow musk creeper (FF)
6 HD/bard

Refluff the whole symbiotic yellow musk creeper for anthropomorphic onion.

Only play sad songs. Sad COUNTRY Songs.

Bonzai
2015-10-25, 10:33 AM
Catfolk werewolf suffering an identity crisis?

Tvtyrant
2015-10-25, 05:41 PM
Jermlaine Warlock, take all day flying and invisibility and call yourself Batmite or the Great Gazoo. Works best if you take leadership or get a cohort somehow, pretend you are a figment of their imagination.

Rubik
2015-10-25, 05:43 PM
A savage progression ghost anthrobat psion with lots of Illithid Heritage feats to simulate the misbegotten, miscarried spawn of Cthulu?

Tvtyrant
2015-10-25, 10:24 PM
I wonder if it would be nore efficient to make it a ghost winged anthro giant squid with psion levels.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-10-25, 10:37 PM
Evolution does not work that way. A child is never a different species from its parents

Ligers and mules say hello. Also it depends entirely on where the species line is drawn. It gets blurry between individuals but if no child can be a different species than its parent speciation would not be possible.

SangoProduction
2015-10-25, 10:44 PM
Depends on your definition of "efficient", and by what measure you are determining efficiency. For example, running might be more time-efficient than walking, but it might not be energy-efficient (it might very well be both, but just take it as an example).

Tvtyrant
2015-10-25, 11:02 PM
Depends on your definition of "efficient", and by what measure you are determining efficiency. For example, running might be more time-efficient than walking, but it might not be energy-efficient (it might very well be both, but just take it as an example).

In this case I guess the question is, is it worsento use all of your feats or lose a few CL?

Platymus Pus
2015-10-26, 12:04 AM
Chicken infested, except actually infested by swarms of tiny chicken.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-10-26, 12:10 AM
Warforged Cleric. Literally a buff-bot. Extra points for using the Vendortron From Fallout series as the voice actor.

Hello sir or madam. How may I protect you today?

SangoProduction
2015-10-26, 12:43 AM
Ligers and mules say hello. Also it depends entirely on where the species line is drawn. It gets blurry between individuals but if no child can be a different species than its parent speciation would not be possible.

Yeah, I forgot about those. Was pretty those were considered breeds, as opposed to species. Meh. Exceptions exist to every rule, and the term is incredibly arbitrary.
There is a point at which a group of animals are considered to have changed enough to be considered a different species, but there is no specific point at which they stop being one species, or are another. The best you're going to get is "modern chickens start to show up around x time."

daremetoidareyo
2015-10-26, 12:48 AM
Back to ops question: how ridiculous are we getting?

A summoner whose summons are represented by magic the gathering, l5r or even playing cards is a fun one.

SangoProduction
2015-10-26, 12:59 AM
Back to ops question: how ridiculous are we getting?

A summoner whose summons are represented by magic the gathering, l5r or even playing cards is a fun one.

I don't know, really, because I haven't found any concept that was considered too "out there" (that was in-theme) for the GM yet. Just mechanics he didn't like.

That's definitely an interesting idea though.

daremetoidareyo
2015-10-26, 02:14 AM
I don't know, really, because I haven't found any concept that was considered too "out there" (that was in-theme) for the GM yet. Just mechanics he didn't like.

That's definitely an interesting idea though.

Don't spam goblin grenade. Zall I'm sayin'