PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PF] Help with a Milani Evangelist Cleric

kosinsky
2015-10-23, 06:20 PM
So I'm planning on building a Evangelist Cleric for the Reign of Winter Adventure Path for when my group finally finishes Carrion Crown (or my bard dies).

On the one side, i want the summoning part, but also the inspire courage part.
Summoning a bunch of Augmented Celestial Lions, and buffing them with Inspire Courage +3. Or something like this.

This is what i have so far:

Human Cleric (Evangelist) of Milani, CG

STR: 14
DEX: 12
CON: 14
INT: 10
WIS: 16 (+2 Human)
CHA: 12

Alternative Channeling: Protection

Traits: Reactionary, Maestro of Society

Feats:
1) Lingering Performance (maybe other alternatives, dont know if i really need it with Maestro Trait and Extra Performance Feat)
1) Extra Performance (Human Bonus)

3) Power Attack (I also want to punch something occasionaly)

5) Spell Focus Conjuration

7) Master Performer (faction guide, it only says Bardic Performance Class Feature, so if I'm allowed to take Maestro i should be also be allowed -by the rules- to take this feat)

9) Augment Summoning

11) Spell Penetration

13) Grand Master Performer

15) Greater Spell Penetration

How is it? Am i trying to cramp to much into this char? Also Power Attack, I dont have Medium Armor Prof. so maybe not that good of an idea?

Also I hope my formatting isnt too bad.

Kurald Galain
2015-10-23, 06:30 PM
Traits: Reactionary, Maestro of Society
MOS has as prerequisite that you're a bard. The MP feat works, though.

3) Power Attack (I also want to punch something occasionaly)
Don't take PA on a partial-BAB class, especially not one with only a moderate strength. You'll just miss. If you want to punch something, save your feats and instead use buff spells like divine power/favor.

You may benefit from other summon feats.

Florian
2015-10-24, 04:56 AM
Wow, pretty low AC, don't you think?
I'd check with your dm whether Variant Multiclassing (Bard) is an option for your group.

kosinsky
2015-10-24, 04:57 PM
Ok, so no Maestro of Society, maybe getting rid of PA and only focus on buffing considering my low AC.
How good is my melee damage with divine power etc. and without PA? I probably cant compete with the shocking grasp Magus. The other two are probably going to be a Demagogue Bard, and a Witch. Maybe switching to an Oracle (Battle/Metal) with focus on combat maneuver?

VMC is in the unchained book? Not going to work at our table

Kurald Galain
2015-10-24, 05:06 PM
I probably cant compete with the shocking grasp Magus.

Considering a SG Magus has pretty much the highest spike damage in the game, dealing less damage than that really shouldn't be considered crippling for your character :smallbiggrin:

(Un)Inspired
2015-10-24, 06:41 PM
Considering a SG Magus has pretty much the highest spike damage in the game, dealing less damage than that really shouldn't be considered crippling for your character :smallbiggrin:

Is that really true? I was under the impression that they struggled to do more than a few hundred damage a round.

Second Arrow
2015-10-29, 03:00 AM
The typical summoning cleric uses a reach weapon to do more in-between rounds, so I guess your feat selection would depend on that?

Either way, depending on how frequently you find yourself running out of performance daily, you could consider dropping lingering performance. With your low-ish strength you will be more of a secondary martial at best, and wading into battle will probably be less beneficial unless you happen to be super-buffed up pre-battle, or due to a very long-lasting combat where you've already gotten your buffs up and running.

Keep in mind some of the Milani-specific rules, namely
1) You get Good Hope as a 3rd level spell, and
2) You get to summon Chaotic Good Hound Archons with SM IV.

Consequently, starting at level 7 Sacred Summons should be a very solid choice for you in regards of feat selection. Maybe something like

L1: Extra Performance + Master Performer
L3: Spell Focus (Conjuration)
L5: Augment Summoning
L7: Sacred Summons
L9: Superior Summoning

..etc? I will also say, keep in mind that Grand Master Performer has a req of Bard level 8, which you don't have, so you are limited to the first feat in the series.

Best of wishes, and vive la revolution!