PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder A little help constructing a Divine "Dragon Warrior"

lynxd80
2015-10-24, 09:02 AM
Good day to you all!

So, I have a friend whom will be hosting a Pathfinder game in the not so distant future where my group will be playing the Kids of our previous characters from this universe. As such, my character's father was a divinely blessed human cleric/Crusader of Iomedae, rescued by a Divine Dragon whom granted him the ability to become a Gold Dragon. Furthermore, he fell in love with a Princess that he rescued who joined the group on their journeys as a Sorcerous and Held a strong Draconic Heritage, herself.

That said, I figured that I wanted my Next character to represent the Divine, the Arcane, and MOST definitely a strong Dragon presence. I was thinking of going with a couple of levels in Paladin (Apsu as my deity) before switching to Sorcerer for a few, followed by Dragon disciple and some additional sorcerer levels… Does anyone have any tips for this build or any better ideas to represent the over-all theme?

Note: I do wish to be able to have the ability to transform into a Dragon, if possible… It was really helpful to my cleric in the previous game and… Well… I <3 dragons XD. Also, I’d like to be able make a dent in foes but, be able to lay a buff or two when needed… Thanks for any advice and aid in advance!

~Lynx D.

Vhaidara
2015-10-24, 09:28 AM
It's a little unusual, but Bloodrager/Paladin might also work if you want to focus more on combat ability over magical skills.

My natural inclination would be to start with 2 levels of Paladin, since he was trained as a child (this gets you Cha to saves as well as Detect and Smite Evil).

Bloodrager is a cross of Barbarian and Sorcerer (and CAN be Lawful), and Draconic Bloodline Bloodragers, at level 16 (which is about the time you would probably get it 1/day from Dragon Disciple) get Dragon Form: As long as you are in a Bloodrage, you can activate Form of Dragon II. For perspective on how much time that allows, at minimum you will have 34 rounds a day (4 base +2 per level for 15 levels). 37-38 is more likely due to adding Con mod.

Depending on how your GM feels about homebrew, I'm going to go ahead and plug my Sarkan (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?400592-Draconians-Race) race, which is designed to be to dragons what aasimar and tieflings are to celestials and fiends. Fire Sarkans in particular were pretty much designed for this kind of role: The frontline commander, with +Str and +Cha.

avr
2015-10-24, 10:03 AM
There's an obscure spell called Shadow Dragon Aspect which is the earliest you can change into a dragon that I know of. 4th level, it's on the sorc/wiz and bard lists, from Kobolds of Golarion but not racially limited I think.

On combining arcane and divine, skalds get an ability named spell kenning which allows them to cast a very limited number of spells from other lists. The bard list includes more than a few buffs and a few heals to help round this out.

lynxd80
2015-10-25, 07:02 AM
Appreciate the suggestions! Thanks a Mil!

~Lynx D.