PDA

View Full Version : Halfling weight and length

Spacehamster
2015-10-24, 11:30 AM
So they are 91 centimetres(3ft) tall and weigh 18 kg(40 pounds), but if you play a strong and sturdy halfling with both a high STR and CON how much taller and heavier would you make him to make it feel not totally unrealistic? :)

Yorrin
2015-10-24, 11:37 AM
For every point of Con or Str mod add 1%, which maxes out at 10% above average. Seems realistic.

Aetol
2015-10-24, 07:03 PM
Halflings are 2 feet (7 + 2d4) inches tall and weigh (35 + same 2d4) pounds.

For a bigger-than-average halfling, I'd suggest maxing out one of the d4 and only rolling the other one. In other words :
- roll a d4.
- his/her height is 2'11'' plus the result in inches.
- his/her weight is 39 lbs plus the result.

Regitnui
2015-10-25, 01:16 AM
I'm just going to say that the title of this thread gave me a different, family-unfriendly idea of this thread. Now all the discussion has a faint subtext for me...

Actually on topic; strength isn't necessarily related to height. You could get away with adding less height than breadth, making him/her stocky like a smaller dwarf rather than a smaller human.

Broken Crown
2015-10-25, 01:43 AM
So they are 91 centimetres(3ft) tall and weigh 18 kg(40 pounds), but if you play a strong and sturdy halfling with both a high STR and CON how much taller and heavier would you make him to make it feel not totally unrealistic? :)

A very large and strong human is easily half again as heavy as an average human, while an immensely large and strong human can be twice as heavy, or more. I don't see why the same wouldn't be true for halflings. So a strong and sturdy halfling could be over a meter tall and weigh 27 kg or so, while a 20 STR, 20 CON Bullroarer-type halfling might be as much as 120 cm and 36 kg.