PDA

View Full Version : Using Constitution modifier

zutox
2015-10-24, 07:57 PM
I am trying to build a character that's going to end up in the Fists of The Forest class and I thought during a session with a few friends that we saw a feat that allowed you to roll an attack using your CON modifier instead of your STR modifier.

Can anyone confirm this?

Amphetryon
2015-10-24, 08:17 PM
I am trying to build a character that's going to end up in the Fists of The Forest class and I thought during a session with a few friends that we saw a feat that allowed you to roll an attack using your CON modifier instead of your STR modifier.

Can anyone confirm this?

Mineral Warrior template lets you use CON to hit once/day. That's the only 1st party method I know of. Check Person_Man's X stat to Y bonus thread, stickied in the Roleplaying Games section.

Troacctid
2015-10-24, 08:25 PM
You mean like a Constitution-based version of Intuitive Attack or Weapon Finesse? No, no such feat exists in D&D 3.5.

Aetol
2015-10-24, 10:12 PM
How is that supposed to work ? Constitution is a very passive ability.

StreamOfTheSky
2015-10-24, 10:49 PM
You can use Con offensively for damage with the Insightful Strike and Greater IS maneuvers in Tome of Battle, since those do damage based on a Concentration check. The Ruby and Diamond Nightmare Blade strikes do 2x or 4x normal damage if your Concentration check beats the foe's AC, which is *sort of* like attacking them w/ your Con. Or you can rely on (natural/self-generated) poison and/or breath weapons to use Con offensively, since both of those common attacks base their save DC on Con, and can be optimized well with the right build.

zutox
2015-10-26, 05:15 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied, I appreciate it a lot :D