PDA

View Full Version : would you give your followers a popemobile?

Wraithy
2007-05-25, 04:37 AM
this is basically what i thought the thread "If you were a God..." was about (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44925)
i was wrong, so what would you be in deified form?

If I were a god....

Oator, god of Trade and Grains
Domains: Plant, Knowledge, Trickery, Travel
Granted power: add cleric level to appraise checks, and any diplomacy or bluff checks involving trade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (leaning slightly towards evil)
Prayers to Oator are quick, generally rubbibing your hands together.
Requirements to enter the church of Oator; must Haggle an item down to at least 3/4 of it's worth in the presence of an existing cleric of Oator, or bribe the cleric with a bag of oats.
Favored weapon: Scythe, flail, or any other modified farming implement.
Deity's weapon: Keen Blurstrike Scythe
History; Oator was born into an unremarkable house and ascended to godhood after haggling with a grain trader so well that the trader paid him to take his entire buisness.
Oator believes combat is childish. and encourages diplomacy, trade, and trickery. his followers are allmost allways traders, whether in information, produce, or services. His followers take pride in scamming and haggling as long as it is within the law, followers are forbidden from stealing and other dishonourable practises, and praised for using keen whit.

Fenix_of_Doom
2007-05-25, 05:49 AM
Favored weapon: Scythe, flail, or any other modified farming implement.

a flail is a modified farming tool? what was it used for?

Green Bean
2007-05-25, 05:52 AM

For killing giant intelligent weeds. Remember folks, magic is a completely safe source of energy, with no side effects or environmental damage.

-This message brought to you by the Order of the Three Headed Wizards.

jamroar
2007-05-25, 06:11 AM
Cereal threshing.

Attilargh
2007-05-25, 06:13 AM
Flailing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flail), obviously.

Wraithy
2007-05-25, 09:38 AM
THE FLAIL AND THE NUNCHAKU ARE ONE AND THE SAME...
basically yes, but farm tools aside Fenix, h_v, jamroar, and Attilargh, what are you the deities of?