PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Wizard/Cleric/Druid/etc with specialized classes?

gadren
2015-10-24, 10:55 PM
I have run many a campaign where near anything goes, but I'm toying with the idea of a game where magic is more restricted.

I was thinking of banning wizard, sorcerer, druid, cleric, favored soul, psion, and erudite, but allowing other casting classes like warlock, warmage, healer, beguiled, etc.

Anyone ever done this before? How'd it turn out? Any thoughts on which classes should be barred and which to allow?

avr
2015-10-24, 11:17 PM
Some notes on this in your other thread, but you're basically banning the tier 1-2 classes, see here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?266559-Tier-System-for-Classes-(Rescued-from-MinMax)).

Troacctid
2015-10-24, 11:18 PM
If Beguiler is your baseline, then I would tentatively ban Archivist, Cleric, Druid, Psion, Sha'ir, Spirit Shaman, and Wizard. That cuts out the primary casters with expansive lists and fast progressions, leaving Bard, Beguiler, Death Master, Dread Necromancer, Duskblade, Favored Soul, Healer, Jester, Shugenja, Sorcerer, Urban Druid, Warmage, and Wu Jen as your casting classes and Wilder, Psychic Warrior, Ardent, and Lurk as your psionic classes.