PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Emerald City Knights

Dudeons
2015-10-25, 10:08 AM
It is a beautiful day in Emerald City; the sun is shining, not a single cloud obstructing it. It seems like everybody is out and enjoying the day, and nowhere is that more noticeable than at the open air mall known as Yellow Brick Row. Renowned for literally being paved with yellow bricks, Yellow Brick Row is a well-known part of Emerald City. There are a wide variety of stores and restaurants on this street, as well as a number of food and beverage carts on the sidewalks. You'll notice that in addition to standard foodstuffs that many places offer various Asian foods.

Describe what your characters are doing at Yellow Brick Row. You don't have your powers yet. :smallbiggrin:

Nintendogeek01
2015-10-25, 10:44 AM
Along the yellow brick row you'd find one sight that, while not unusual per se, would catch some people's eye for a few moments was an unusually tall woman jogging along its sidewalk, hot pink workout shirt and shorts with a purse over her shoulder, her brown hair tied in a ponytail that swayed with each step, and blue eyes that would glance over at the stores bustling with business today. She stopped jogging at an intersection to allow some traffic through, taking a moment to wipe away the beads of sweat glistening on her forehead with her sweatband. Once traffic was done she immediately took off jogging again; Fiona had every reason to jog after all, it was a great day to be out and jogging, and tomorrow were Joey and June's sixth birthday.

Fiona smiled between breaths as she thought about the twins, they weren't planned but they were her greatest treasures in the world to her, and while she had the time to be out and about without them now was the perfect time to find the perfect surprise for them. Fiona had, once again, found more money mysteriously in her bank account to which no one raised a fuss over except for her for a moment, so she decided to splurge a little on their birthday this year. The cake was going to be a nice big one, there would be a few more decorations, now she just needed two nice birthday present, something nice for each of them.

Fiona stopped at a bench to rest for a bit and look around, there was a toy store across the street, oh or maybe some nice clothes? She checked her purse and pulled out her phone, scrolling down the contact's list; Dan was going to be there, a few other friends she'd made with their own kids would be there, she then found the number of two people she was most certain were not going to be there: the kid's own grandparents.

The thought immediately soured Fiona's mood; it'd been months since they conversed at all and years since they had a proper talk that didn't end with a full-blown argument. Fiona's thumb hovered over the dial button but couldn't bring herself to push it, no matter how much she wanted ta- ask them to come over for Joey and June's sake; I mean they had to be the ones leaving money for her right? No one else she knew of would be able to afford it so maybe some part of them still cares... about their grandkids at least.

Fiona sighs and shakes her head, closes the phone and tucks it away. She stands back up and stretches a bit while eyeing that toy store across the street; maybe get the twins a toy after all. A nice big teddy bear for Joey to roar and play with but hug when he needs something to hold, and June a nice doll with a few dresses; they'll love them surely. Maybe... maybe she'll call and ask mom and dad over after this. Maybe.

Honor Guard
2015-10-25, 12:08 PM
Jon Walker, Warmachine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19993227&postcount=9)
Hero Points: One. Luck Points: One.
Condition: Normal

The screen door banged behind him as he left his uncle's trailer, he stopped and took a deep breath, the air still cool this early in the morning. He was used to getting up when the sky was still dark, and the sun only just starting to crest the Atlas Mountains to the east of the Reservation. He wanted to get into town today, it was the weekend and the traffic was going to be hell, but he needed to get some supplies for the old man. That and he figured he might be able to catch Dr. Myeong, she always liked to take her morning coffee at that ridiculously overpriced Arcadia Coffee Roasters place on the Row.

He flipped a leg over his custom Harley, he didn't like to think about it, it was almost embarrassing, but on his return to Emerald City the guys at the local Harley shop had worked with some of the local businesses and custom modded his old Electra Glide so he could ride it with his prosthetics. The engine roared to life as he peeled down the old dirt road from his uncle's, he saw a couple sleepy faces poking out of the window as he picked up speed. Then he hit the quiet of the Elysian Forest for another fifteen minutes before he hit the White Water Highway and turned West towards downtown, and the Atlas Mall.

Traffic was still light this early in the morning, and with the wind whipping by him, he just smiled a feral smile. It felt good to be out, to be riding, to putting everything behind him, just the roar of the engine, the snap of the crisp morning air, he could almost forget everything else, for a time. As he pulled into the Atlas Mall, he dropped the stand and parked his bike. He looked around at the crowd that was starting to mill towards the mall, shrugged, and pulled his phone to check his messages.

'Where the hell you at, old man's got his sentencing today and you f%^k off to town?'

John slid his phone shut, and jammed it savagely back into his pocket. Apparently Jack had started some sort of turf war with some guys who were trying to cook and sell product at the Res, but Jack, considered the Res his territory, and so he went and shot up their lab, chased off their cook, and took their profits. And now his brother was on him to do something about it, when in all reality Jon just wanted to walk away. That's what he'd been doing all night, is talking to his Uncle, Southwind was always an easy man to talk to, though Jon was sure the whiskey helped too.

Trying to forget about his problems for the time being, he spun around and began walking out of the mall parking lot, heading East towards the USEnet Stadium. He figured he'd have time to hit the NFL shop and grab Thomas that Bulldog's jersey he'd been hounding his mother for. Kid's birthday was coming up anyways.

Besides that would give him enough time to circle round towards the Arcadia and meet 'liz for a morning coffee.

Drakeburn
2015-10-25, 12:08 PM
Scott couldn't believe his luck. First Brad Connor, some football jock, stuffed him into his own locker. Then the same guy "accidentally" knocked him down the stairs.

Scott found himself at the Yellow Brick Row after bolting at the first sight of Brad as he was looking for an after school program to join. Having had enough of Brad for one day, and the fact that Brad doesn't appear to be after him, Scott decided to have a look around. The food from the carts looked so good, but he couldn't make up his mind of which one to have.

After a while, he decides to go for a can of soda and a hot dog.

DataNinja
2015-10-25, 01:01 PM
Michael walked hurriedly along Yellow Brick Row. He hated the fact that the Ye Olde Fantasy Restaraunte was near the opposite end from the gaming store. Because really? Who thought that through? He knew that Alex, James, and Sarah were all waiting for him back at Kings, Rings and Things - probably already starting those tense negotiations with the Duke. He didn't really mind, because everyone took their turn doing food runs. At least the food from Ye Olde was worth it, even if it did have a stupid name. And costumed staff. Heck, pretty much everything was pretty bad or laughable except for the food. That was good. He could already taste the Dragon Burgers... Now if only it wasn't so far. And that was only half the trip...

AirApparent
2015-10-25, 04:17 PM
"Ok, just try to relax and I'll set you up." David's client was one giant bundle of tense muscle. Almost every node he tried to put a needle into either hurt for the guy, or was so tense that no matter what angle he put the needle in it immediately stood straight up. Regardless he set up the guy as best he could and made sure the New Agey music was just soft enough to better relax him. "Alright, we'll put those in for twenty minutes, then we'll turn you over and work on your back."

Thanks to a few friends, he finally managed to get space working in Yellow Brick Row. Not the best location, but work is work. He stepped out into the open air to get some fresh air before he moved on to the next client.

smuchmuch
2015-10-25, 05:23 PM
?????
Hero point: 1 Luck: could be better. 1
Condition: Sleeping

She's dreaming.
Imagine, if you will: Arteries of gold pulsing among Green cristaline spires crossed by hundreds of line of lights. A sum of smaller unaware parts, all moving around to their own lives yet working together in a gigantic body. From the giants towering in the middle to the little boxes in the outskirts, it teems with life. It pulse, it breathes, it lives. In it, Thousands of little lights blink and move around in shifting patterns. It's quite pretty
She'll wake up soon enough.

Miss Green won't appear before the Storm start but have a small post to confirm tht yes, i'm int he game. I don't mond waiting a bit if I have to

Dudeons
2015-10-26, 06:32 AM
Your everyday lives are called to a halt by the sound of a deafening explosion. As you try to process the sudden disruption, a cloud of silvery mist blankets a large section of the street. The cloud begins to swirl about without any provocation from the wind, whipping itself into a cyclonic mass. Pale blue energy surges throughout the cloud before blasting out, striking several points in it's immediate vicinity. It's energy released, the storm disappears just as quickly as it appeared.

All of you are struck by bolts of energy. Although it feels painful for a second, a good feeling quickly replaces it, as though the energy has somehow improved you. As you check yourselves over, you find that the energy bolts didn't leave so much as a singe after hitting you. However, not everybody is doing as well as you. Everywhere you look you can see property damage, injured civillians, and panicked crowds causing bedlam.

You now have powers. But with them comes responsibi- *choke*

AirApparent
2015-10-26, 08:14 AM
As soon as David recovers from the bolt of energy, he runs inside to check on his client. As he does, he notices as strange feeling from all sides, almost like the walls were pushing him. Wierd, he thought. He reached his patient, and the next weird thing happened. David could see a warm calm purple emanating from the man on the table, and he thought he could see the meridians he spent years studying just under the man's skin. "Oh my gosh, I have powers!" As calmly as he could given the unfolding situation, he addressed his client. I'm sorry, but something is happening outside, and we are going to have to end early today. Stay here, just for safety, but it would be best if I didn't leave you alone with these in." He worked quickly to remove the needles.

Too quickly, in fact.

He looked down and realized that he was pulling the needles out without even touching them. They hovered at about shoulder level. He mentally nudged it, it moved a foot. Whoa.

Realizing he should mask his identity somehow, David peeled of his t-shirt, a dark blue color, and wrapped it around his head in a homemade ninja mask he used as a budget Halloween costume once. He cut an imposing figure shirtless anyway, between his time at the gym and his parkour, so if he was sUperhero...-ing on short notice it wasn't a bad choice. He grabbed as many acupuncture needles as he could hold. And ran out into the Yellow Brick Row to see where he was needed. He noticed that the glow around his client was repeated in everybody else, except mainly in panicky yellows, with those injured tinged with an orange.

DataNinja
2015-10-26, 08:39 AM
Gah! Natural 1 on your Reflex Check there, Michael! he thinks to himself. But then, looking around, he notices there's a lot of injuries and damage But I think I rolled a natural 20 in Luck,.. He realizes he feels a bit...odd. Like there are a few things different about his brain. Sorta like...he doesn't really know. Concentrate, man, you can figure this out lat- OH GOD!

He just realizes that he's wearing a white suit, and, feeling his face, a mask. What the? Okay... Mysterious accident? Check. Weird costume? Check. Awesome origin story? ...Nope. I'll just ignore that one. I think this means I've got powers now! Awesome! ...but it sucks that I've got this Zoot Suit type thing as a costume. How'd that even happen? At least there's no cape. Oh, right...

For a second there he was too busy being excited, but then he got brought back to reality, looking around to see if there was something that he could do to help out with the aftermath. Guess that food'll have to wait. How am I going to explain this to the group?

Nintendogeek01
2015-10-26, 09:57 AM
Fiona was striding out of the store, bag with her kid's new toys in one hand, and purse cradled under the other arm and a big smile on her face. She turned down the street and made it to the alleyway when the silvery cloud suddenly burst out and began to consume the area, whipping around almost like a giant spherical tornado. Fiona's eyes popped open with horror, and before she could even finish processing all of this a silver-white bolt struck her through the chest and sent her flying back into the alleyway! Her senses all blacked out just after hearing a massive...

CLANG

A short-time later Fiona's vision slowly returned to her, fading back in, everything was so blurry... ungh and that sound... as she tried to pick herself up it sounded like metal grating against stone... feels strange... almost like... she could barely feel the ground beneath her. Fiona looked around the alleyway and found the bag with her kid's toys flown down the alleyway, mercifully only the doll, still in its box, spilled out and the bag was otherwise intact; good she still had good gifts for Joey and June... whatever this is she doesn't want it to...

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of pavement cracking and crunching as she put a hand down to push herself up, she looked down and where her hand was there was her handprint pressing into the concrete, and her once flesh and blood hand now reflecting light like a steel-colored metal. Horrified she sat upright to a kneeling position, looked at both her hands, the metal extending up her arms too! She looked down to her workout shirt and peeked under to the naval to find her abs likewise metallic! with trembling hands she reached for her purse, nearly ripping the thing clean open prompting her to draw her hands back for a moment, take a deep breath that felt... like nothing really, the air going into her mouth didn't feel... refreshing, or much like anything really.

Still she took a few moments and eventually it psychologically calmed her down enough to look through the purse for a compact. She very very veeeery gently pulled it out of the purse, opened up but accidentally snapped it off of its hinge, spilling down the pad and blush, leaving the mirror in her hand to see her face, now sheathed entirely in metal, and chrome covering over her eyes along with hair no longer restrained by an incredibly frayed ponytail holder that's more akin to iron than hair, yet still about as flexible. The shock made her twitch her thumb only slightly, just slightly, but it was enough to completely shatter the compact mirror.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH...!!!" Fiona jumped to her feet with a start and lurched back into one of the walls in the alleyway, cracking it and slightly indenting it prompting her to stumble away from it in panic, each footstep making a thud that would likely have been more metallic had it not been for her shoes cushioning each step, though not enough to avoid making cracks in the pavement.

Questions raced through Fiona's mind, "What the hell happened to me? What was that cloud? What'll happen when my kids see me like this!? How do I explain this to everyone!? Oh God what if I hurt them!? What the hell just happened!?!" Fiona reached out to lean on the nearby dumpster, her grip immediately deforming the metal around the rim and then her newfound weight causing the dumpster to shoot up nearly forty-five degrees before she backed off from it! Fiona stared at that spot on the dumpster edge for several seconds before shakily reaching out to touch another part of it. She squeezed slightly, deforming it again but not near as badly as when she did it absentmindedly, she kept lightening her squeeze until there were only the slightest of indentations on it.

"Okay... okay..." she whispered to herself out loud as she moved to her personal effects and collected them, gently nudging the boxed doll into the bag with the bear and picking up the bag by the handle, then picking up her purse and holding the side she ripped together with her free hand, and then she hurried out of the alleyway. "Okay I might break my phone if I dial on it so I'll see if anyone can dial for me to call Dan... and we'll go from... oh God what is going on?" she thought to herself as she exited to the street, though one look at it told her that this day was only just beginning...

"Oh no..." Fiona stopped and saw all the damage about and the panic in the streets, closest to her was a jogger stuck under a small tree and her little dog whining and licking its master to try and make things easier. "Hold on," she set her things down and went over to the tree, prompting the dog to bark, whine, and back away with its tail between its legs while Fiona stooped down and tried to lift the tree; muscle memory had expected her to just budge it just enough for the trapped person to crawl out, she didn't expect to just lift the whole damn thing at once. She was briefly stunned but after regaining her wits she set the tree to the side as the jogger crawled to her feet, a little weakly but otherwise alright. "You okay?"

"Yeah..." woman was clearly confused and a bit weirded out by the metal woman talking to her, but she gave a grateful smile and cuddled her little dog, "Thanks," she said before going on her way.

Fiona looked around as she slowly picked her things back up... there were more that needed help... she... she couldn't just leave them. With that she picked up the pace to the next person.

Drakeburn
2015-10-26, 08:49 PM
Scott woke up and groaned as he tried to get himself up from the ground. The last thing he remembered was drinking his soda when a strange storm suddenly appeared and struck him with a bolt of blue lightning. He considered himself lucky that he survived it.

As he got back on his feet, he immediately noticed something odd. Everybody appeared to be almost frozen in place, slightly moving.
"What is going on?" Scott mumbled to himself as he stumbled around.
He waved his hand in front of the nearest face he could find, to have it suddenly vibrating at rapid speed!
"What's happening to me!?" Scott freaked out as he grabbed his wrist to make the vibrating stop.
Okay Scott, there has to be a logical explanation for this. First you got hit by a weird lightning storm. Then everybody around are hardly moving at all. And your hand is vibrating really fast!
Then it suddenly hit him.
I got superpowers? I actually got superpowers?! The thought of it excited him.
He quickly darted into the nearest sports store, and got out wearing a cerulean full body running suit and a visor of the same color that he can see out of, but nobody can see his eyes.
Scott couldn't help but to feel guilty about taking the stuff from the store. But he'll eventually pay for their loss...... Eventually.
Can't let people see my real identity, Scott reassured to himself.
If my family knew I got superpowers, they'd freak out!

Then he goes off, speeding around the Yellow Brick Row to see the situation, and to find anybody who would need his help. As he sped around, he couldn't help but to be exhilarated by how it feels to have super speed.

smuchmuch
2015-10-27, 12:25 AM
That girl who sleep on pavement, apparently
Hero point: 1 Luck: 1
Condition: Awakening

There's a silver light and violent sharp pain. She opens her eyes.
"Ugh.". Hello world. !talk about a way to wake up.

Her breath is very slow and heavy. She's lying on the ground, face right on the pavement, covered in a thick layer of what happnes to be bright ...sand ? Dust. She blinks, some of it got in her... eyes. intinctively she raises a hand over her face to protect herself then for a plit second just freeze contemplating the limb in front of her in silence .

Energy seems to come to her, replacing the feeling of pain. Rather slowly with stiffs and awkwards movements she puts a hand behind the back of her head and rubs the stiffness out of her neck then with a small amount of effort suddenly stands up

Thing is. She has no idea what's going on. Or a lot of other things really.

She catch a glimpse of a reflection in a miraculoulsy non broken shop window. With sheepish grin she gives a little grin while whipping the dust from her and gives a little wave. "Hi"

The reflection that waves back is a young woman, about sixteen. She seems pretty lithe, comely if she'd say so herself (but she might be biased there) and about average size. Her face sports rather high cheeckbones a small nose and almond (though ever so slightly slanted; maybe a hint of asian descent there ?) clear brown eyes framed by a mass of slightly curling shoulder length brown hair kept rully by a green hairband. She's wearing a simple green short pleated skirt, pale red shoes, a white shirt and a dark green jacket with a little logo of the local baseball team in front.
Also she's covered in silvery glittery dust but she doesn't think that's meant to be there. ...Is it ?

Her memory still draws a complete blank.
You'd think the complete lack of recollection, even her own refletion in the mirror does not feel familair, would be most upsetting, shockinng horryfing even. Yet she's taking this strangely well all things considered. She's feling oddly calm, curious of oursee, maybe even a little amused by this.
Many questions whirl in her head, though Who ? What ? Why ? How ? and...

"...What is that crap ?" Her contemplation just got interuted by a last gust of silvery dust. Dpsite raising her hand in protection, it just hit her in the face and once again, it's all over her, in her hair and even in her mouth. Ew. Nearly knocked her backward too.

The screaming is pretty distracting too. Makes it hard to have a moment. ...She should probaly be looking at that. Finaly she takes a good looks around ather surroundings (as if she suddenly just noticed the whole world around her, but let us be generous, would you fault her for being distrcted in her situation ?)...Oh dear.
Her recollections may be jumbled and confused but she's prety sure that this is not how things should be. Confusion and chaos are reigning. People are running around, screaming and trampling each others. Broken windows, objects scattered violently all around. Hey, it's a little like sales week except people are running away, so it must be a genuine disaster. (Oh good, her sense of humour is working, apparently. Even in the most inapropriate situation.) People are panicking, many are hurting. Even the very street looks broken.
Okay so that is putting a slight damper on her mood. That won't do at all

She notices a nearby building whose second floor has been dangeroulsy hit by the violent 'winds' of the storm. Part of the wall has crumbled and it looks about an enitre bit the whole second floor could give up at any moment burrying over the people ifleing inthe street below in shards of stone, glass and the bodies of the unfortunate people that were a moment ago shopping and seem to be now gripping or their lives.

She may not know much at the moment but ehre are two things she's sure of. The first is 'where'. This is the yellow brick road , that much she recognized, she doesn't know how she knows it but it feels familiar as soon as she panned the whole background in.
And the second :, She may not know the exact 'why' she is there, but there's a reason for it. even stronger, a Purpose. What that is exactly and why, she wish she knew that but it's definitively there in the back of her mind, nagging. Something else too. The feling of stiffness in her body is mostly gone and she's feeling quite healty, all thing cosidered but there's Something stiring in. It's like feeling pins and needles in your leg except she's not sure where, just in general, like a slightly numb invisible limb that just scream to be used.

It's like moving her arm or raising her leg, just another muscle to flex. All she do is drop her hand, close her eyes for a split second, on the ground then raise it slightly. As if the very ground had became alive, it almost imperceptibly shifts, twist and flex and a slight wave ripples through the street from around her hand to the front of the construction. Suddenly in a loud rumble, a thick wall formed from the pavement of the street, some of the underlying concrette and rocks rises from the ground and reinforce the crumbling building.

It also may have very nearly frightened the nearby peoples to death, it was kind of sudden "hehe, whoops sorry" but better scared than squished. Anyhow, That felt ...just right. A Purpose indeed.

She nods (mostly for herself), gives a thumb up and start running on her merry way, counter intuitively, against the crowd of fleeing people and closer to the heart of whatever happened. She's still feeling quite a little disoriented, truth be told, but no time for questions, "It'll make sense any moment anyway." Surely. Hopefully. Can't loose time, can't be bogged down, not now, there's so much more to do !

Honor Guard
2015-10-27, 05:09 AM
Jon Walker, Warmachine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19993227&postcount=9)

He felt it before he heard it, felt it deep in his chest, and he knew what it meant, almost instinctively he dropped behind the planter that contained the trees and flowers that lined the Row. He looked over the edge of the concrete planter, and saw a young couple, she was in his arms eyes forced closed, twisting her face, while he looked at the on coming cloud of particulate and concrete dust in shock and horror.

Walker's mind reeled, he heard the phantom sounds of his unit, the 401st, returning fire against unknown attackers. Muted sounds of bullets zipping past his ear, disintegrating into the rock from which he had taken cover, and Cpl. Taylor, he could almost hear his screams. Gut shot, out there in the open.

He shook his head, cleared it. Watched as the young couple stood in the open, as the concussion wave of the explosion roared towards them like a living thing. He sprang forward, tried not to think of how his charge to save Taylor had cost him his legs, he reacted, pushing the couple down to the pavement as the lead edge of the shockwave rolled over them.

"GET DO ----- ARGGGGGHHHH!!!!"

Before the words were out of his mouth, he felt the shockwave roll over him, he felt something akin to sand hammer into his skin, at first there was no pain, just a sensation like a thousand, thousand mosquito's swarming his exposed skin. And then his world exploded, each bite, each itch felt like a fishhook being driving into his nerve endings, and then each fishhook pulled in a different direction. He screamed, his throat raw, he tasted metal, and then something wet, and like bright copper exploded in his mouth. Blood. Dripping over his lips.

The sounds of his own screams assailed his ears, and mingled with the moans and the ragged sobs of the dead and the dying around him. Then blackness took him, for what seemed an eternity, he almost smiled at the sudden silence, and then with a start he awoke. The sounds at first muffled and confused, and then growing increasingly distinct and chaotic with each passing heart beat.

'My baby, has anyone seen ... Ohmygod! Ohmygod! Ohmyg ... My arm, my arm, my ar ... You okay ... Thanks ... What's going on ... my baaaaby ...'

The sounds started hammering his consciousness, and as his eyes opened he was battered by vertigo, the sky was too bright, he averted his eyes, covered them with an arm and realized in shock that he had been changed. His skin was drained of all pallor, nearly bleach white, traced with fine lines of silver circuitry along his veins and arteries which stood out like cords in arms that ended in wicked looking bi-mechanical claws.

He struggled to his feet, didn't feel the now too familiar sensation of the prosthetic chaffing against his leg, and looked down to see his legs. In shock he stumbled, his legs ended in massive calves, again traced with those silvery cords, he flexed his toes, arched his foot. And then staggered back to one knee, as the smell hit him, smoke, burning fuel, and beneath that the tangy smell of blood, sweat, fear, it hammered at his fragile consciousness with each breath he took. His body heaved as his stomach emptied itself of last night's meager dinner, and the smell of his own bile assailed his senses again.

He struggled to his feet looked up and down the street, shocked, stunned, confused.

As the smoked, and the odd silvery particulate dissipated, some of the other survivors called to him, but as they came to their senses and saw the six foot tall heavily muscled man who stood before them, blood from innumerable small lacerations leaking over pale white flesh, and arms that terminated in silvery bio mechanical claws, they withdrew, scrambling back in fear.

Dudeons
2015-10-27, 02:40 PM
Needle

As you run down the street, you see a truck that's crashed into a telephone pole. You can see two orange auras coming from the front seats. On top of the truck is a woman with thick brown fur, a pointed face, and clawed fingers and toes. Her clothing is torn and she's standing on all fours. She turns towards you, hissing.

Initiative: [roll0]

Mr Mirror

You look about to see if there's anything you can do to help. However, you may be the one who needs help. From out of nowhere, a flaming truck starts charging down the street, coming straight at you.

Attack: [roll1]

Ferrous

As you look for other people in trouble, you quickly find a rather troubling sight. In the center of the street, a large crowd is trying to flee, but barreling through them is a short man with orange skin and six large tentacles protruding from his sides in place of arms. He's using his tentacles to toss aside civilians, which could quickly prove hazardous to their health.

Swift

Since you're moving at speeds the human body really shouldn't be capable of, you quickly find that a lot is happening on this street. Fights are breaking out, people are developing various mutations, and everything is chaos. Amidst this chaos, you find a school bus has crashed against a book store. The front end of the bus is on fire, and you can see through the windows that the fire is spreading towards the back where several elementary school students are cowering and trying to force open a jammed emergency exit.

Miss Green

Running through the crowd, you quickly see a problem up ahead. A short man with orange skin and six large tentacles is barreling through the street, using his abnormal limbs to throw aside civilians haphazardly.

War Machine

Even though people are fleeing from you, you notice one major exception. A scrawny young man, maybe college age, is flying towards you. He has unnaturally pale skin (most likely from makeup, just like his gratuitous guyliner and purple lipstick), oily black hair, and a ridiculous amount of dark clothing, including a black trench coat that's a few sizes too big for him. It flaps like a cape as he lands a few yards away from you, hovering a few inches off the ground.

"Ah, another freak produced by this storm!" he shouts in a gratingly high-pitched voice, "Duel me, peasant, for I must exercise my immeasurable mystic might! You look powerful, but not more powerful than I, Lord Etheric!"

Purplish black energy crackles through his hands as he sneers at you.

Initiative: [roll2]

Drakeburn
2015-10-27, 03:25 PM
This is not good, Scott thought to himself.
There are kids trapped in a burning bus! I gotta think of something fast!
He quickly took off to find the nearest fire extinguisher around. The plan was simple: get the fire extinguisher, break one of the windows at the school bus, and put that fire out. With his super speed, he's definitely sure he can do it in time without breaking a sweat.

First Attack check: [roll0]
Second Attack check: [roll1]

AirApparent
2015-10-27, 04:42 PM
Daniel stops short, the red aura of the wolf-like woman like a stop light. Hey, get away from them! The woman hisses and starts approaching him at a rather accelerated pace. Rather than a head on collision, he runs the opposite direction while at the same time pulling out a few needles. Acting on instinct, Dan runs up the lamppost he ran at, flipped over the wolf woman, throwing his needles at what he knew should be the meridians that governed most of her motion, and alighted softly upon a second floor balcony.

Damn, this is almost cool!

Acupunctural Offensive Attack Roll: [roll0]

DataNinja
2015-10-27, 06:02 PM
Gah! Where'd that come from? Michael thinks to himself as he tries to jump out of the way. I mean, seriously? What kind of life is this where you get powers and then have a truck set on you! He sighs. If this is my life now, I'd better get XP for this...

Dodge: [roll0]

Nintendogeek01
2015-10-27, 06:04 PM
Fiona's eyes shiny metal eyes popped open when she saw the tentacled monstrosity barreling down the street; it was literally tossing people aside, hurting them?

The bag and purse drop to the sidewalk...

Should she catch them? No she wouldn't be fast enough, she wasn't sure she wouldn't hurt them either.

One foot forward onto the yellow brick of the street.

Should she do something? Lifting off rubble is one thing but this...

Pavement cracks as she pushes off of that foot into a sprint.

Oh hell...

"Knock it off!" Fiona, the metal woman shouts while sprinting full-steam at the Octoguy before flying forward to tackle him!

Guess she can't sit by and let this happen now can she? Fiona just couldn't let someone just get hurt when she can do something about it. She can do something about it.

While all of this was fluffed as tackling here's how the actions break down...

Move Action: Move into melee range.

Standard Action: All-out attack for 5: [roll0]

Result of Standard Action: If attack check is successful, Octoguy must make a DC27 toughness save. Ferrous' dodge and parry are at -5 this turn.

Reaction: On the off-chance Octoguy attacks someone else other than Ferrous, Ferrous will interpose for them.

Honor Guard
2015-10-27, 09:48 PM

Walker leapt back from the crackling etheric energy as it coursed through the concrete, he threw up an arm to protect himself from the exploding fragments of concrete. Looking up towards the levitating goth, thick viscuous blood leaked down his face and shoulder from innumerable cuts.

Jon tried to exert control over his emotions, but he felt an odd disconnect, his consciousness being submerged under something powerful, something primal, he was able to maintain control, though just barely. "Duel? Duel?" He threw back his head, his dark black mane of hair wreathing his head, revealing the cuts now healing before Etheric's eyes. "Foolish boy, a duel has rules. This ...", as he spoke the metallic blades in his hands grew until they could easily encompass a man's head, and the blades gleamed deadly sharp, "this will be a slaughter. Save yourself." As he stalked towards his prey, he dragged his claws along the sidewalk carving a furrow through the concrete. "Run."

First of all my Initiative check. [roll0]. Move Action towards Etheric, Standard Action to use Startle to Feint Etheric, he will roll either Insight, Intimidation or Will, whichever is greater vs. DC [roll1]. If he fails, he is Vulnerable to Warmachine's next attack. Lets hope the dice like me!

smuchmuch
2015-10-27, 11:25 PM
Green
Hero point: 1 Luck: 1
Condition: Annoyed

She's running fast along the road, helping as much as she can when she see the octoman barreling down.
She's gotta stop him from just trampling and shoving other people around before more get hurt.

"Stop that. Calm down, please !"
Yeah he's probaly not going to listen in the circumstances, she's probaly going to have make herself noticed first. "Red light"

Miss Green extend her open hand over the ground, .She raises her arm a little and closes her fingers, the ground rumbles and twitches rises slightly and from deep down bellow, pipes burst from the ground and in serpentine movement start wrapping thelmselves tightly around the octoguy tentacles and arms to stop him to futher hurting people. That'll slow him down.

"Look I'm sorry, I get you're scared but..." she starts atempting to be as calming and soothing as she can, now thet he's hopefully slowed down.
But before, she can go on on how 'it's for his own good, help surely must be on the way and she's sure she's talking to a very nice an reasonable octopus/man/...thingy and as soon as he calm down she'll just get those regratable bindings down', a crazy metal statue woman just barrels from the side and charge the guy while screaming.

"Hey, calm down"
What's her problem ? This is the site of a disaster, not a football match.

A little unfair to Ferrous but given the initiative order, I think it'd look to green like Ferrous is jumping on Octoguy as she's trying to talk him down :smalltongue:

Snare (Affliction (8))
Dizabled /Impaired -> Vulnerable/Defenless)
Extra: Extra condition, ranged, cumulative
Flaw: Limited degree, Medium: Urban material)
[roll0]

Dudeons
2015-10-29, 02:03 AM
Swift

Dashing into the nearby bookstore, your newfound speed allows you to check everywhere in a matter of seconds. You find a fire extinguisher behind the counter. Running back to the bus, a few quick punches breaks through the window, allowing you to climb through and extinguish the fire. The kids start to look relieved after you've extinguished the fire, though most of them are screaming with excitement at seeing a real superhero.

Needle

The woman lunges at you, but you leap above her and smoothly toss needles directly into her pressure points. She falls to the ground with a yipe, swiping at the needles set in various points on her body. As she gets up, you notice that her movements are less coordinated than they were before. Baring her fangs, she pounces up to the balcony where you are standing, swiping at you with her claws.

The animal woman failed by one degree, which means she is now Dazed.

She uses a Charge action to attack you, using five ranks of All-Out attack to enhance her attack.

Attack: [roll0]
If it hits, roll against a Toughness DC of 24.

Mr Mirror

You leap out of the way of the truck, but your leg gets caught by it. However, there's a distinct lack of pain or even impact as the car passes through you. As it passes through you, the mirrored suit on your body seems to bend and distort the intangible truck. The truck then speeds past you, dissipating as it veers into a building. There's no sign of impact on the building either. Out of an alley steps a large man with blonde dreadlocks, jeans, and a white shirt with the name and logo of some band you've never heard of.

"Lame..." the man mutters. His eyes are blank, but far more troubling is the fact that eight identical copies of him are flanking him, four duplicates on each side. He lumbers towards you, his clumsy steps flawlessly matched by the duplicates like a drunken dance group. They raise their hands, all simultaneously firing blue laser beams at you.

Attack: [roll1]
If it hits, roll Toughness against DC 23 make an ranged attack roll as you reflect those lasers. Since you're reflecting the lasers, you can use your Ranged Attack (Mirrormodes) skill.

Ferrous

As you lunge at the tentacled man, you see that pipes pull themselves out of the ground and try to bind him. However, he manages to pull himself loose and continues lumbering through the crowd. That is when you tackle him from behind, slamming him into a food cart. You smoothly land while he's struggling to his feet, rubbing his head with his middle right tentacle while the bottom left tentacle wipes soy sauce off his torso.

Octoguy fails by two degrees, leaving him dazed and at a -1 against future Toughness checks.

War Machine

'Lord' Etheric smirks at your intimidating display, stifling a mock yawn.

"You truly believe you can intimidate Lord Etheric with your barbaric displays?" Etheric drawls, slowly rising into the air, "Watch closely, and witness true power!"

Lord Etheric raises a hand and points down at you. Purple energy streaks forth form his hand, striking you in the center of the head. Nightmarish images start flashing through your mind as the energy courses through you.

Completely succeeded on his Will save. And now you need a Will save of your own against this Perception range effect, DC 23.

Miss Green

Pipes wrap around the tentacled man. He struggles against them, using his tentacles to peel the wires away from his body as he wriggles his way out. He tries to continue fleeing, but a woman with a metallic body tackles him.

Octoguy fails by one degree. He now has the Impaired and Vulnerable conditions...

But then his turn came up. He used an attack to break the bonds and succeeded. He then used a move action to move away, and then Ferrous happened.

Honor Guard
2015-10-29, 05:15 AM
Hero Points: One>Two. Luck Points: One.
Condition: -5 Active Defense, Autonomic Attack Routine activated (5 Rnds remaining), Temper Complication: No Intellect or Awareness based skills other than Perception. Will not withdraw from combat until all opponents are down, or he himself is either Incapacitated or Exhausted. Will Check DC 20 to end the Attack Routine prematurely.

Jon clamped his jaw as the nightmarish images raced through his mind, the etheric bolt seemed to seek out the darkest recesses of his mind, searching for his innermost fears, doubts, failures, confronting him with twisted, amplified images torn from his own psyche. He shook his head to clear the mental onslaught, and he felt something cold and emotionless slide down over the terror and guilt that the attack had brought up within him, his vision focused on Etheric, and his arms twisted into a jagged, nightmarish fusion of gleaming claws, tendons of thick cabled steel, and his pale flesh.

His face was entirely neutral, not a sneer, not a smile, it reflected absolutely no emotion as he suddenly lept into the air, torquing his hips so that his right arm gained both his forward momentum, and the torque of his shoulder rotation. His arm extended almost fifteen feet as the mass of it remained the same, it thinned out, circling like a whip, and as it spun towards the hovering black clad man, the end of his arm shifted, terminating in a scythe like blade that came slashing viciously across the man's torso.

After the sycthe-like whip laced across the man, it drove across the street latching on to the lip of a nearby building, the arm itself retracting pulling Jon towards the rooftop. As he swung by the arrogant young man, his left hand lashed out, it's mass shifted to a brutal anvil like fist that swung towards Etheric's face.

He finished his pirouette in a low crouch atop the building, watching his prey closely prepared to finish this conflict with swift, savage finality.

Will Check vs DC 23 [roll0]. Success, and no effect from the attack. I will activate my Temper Complication, it makes sense based on Jon's mind set, and the description of the attack. Since I rolled my Resistance check, and then editted in my narrative, I will roll my Attack results in the OOC thread and link the results here. Free action to activate my Autonomic Attack Routines and all it's linked effects. Attack Action will be with my Bio-Organic Weaponry, which have Multiattack due to my Attack Routine linked effects, I will also use All out Attack for +5 Accuracy & -5 Active Defense, and Power Attack for -5 Accuracy & +5 Effect. Net result of +0 Accuracy, +5 Effect Value, -5 Active Defense. A 28 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20010167&postcount=49). That's going to mean a real bad day for Etheric, just two off of a crit! Toughness DC of 28, DC 30 if Attack check exceeded his Parry by 6-9, DC 33 if Attack check exceeded his Parry by 10+. And finally a combined Move action using Swinging & Speed 2 to end my Round on the rooftop.

DataNinja
2015-10-29, 08:40 AM
"Gah! What are you doing that for?" Michael asked. "Y'know, that isn't actually hurting," he muses, just as he sees the laser bounce off of him, and back towards the other guys. "Coooooool..." He then instinctively points his hand at the other guy, and fires a bolt of light, which bounces off nearby terrain to strike several duplicates. "Hey! I didn't know I could do that!"

Beam o' Lite Reflection: [roll0]
So, I'm not exactly sure how this area attack ricochet works. So I make a sigle attack roll for everything, or everything hit? If it's just one:
Mirrorbeam shot (hope I don't regret lowering the shields.): [roll1] Area Resistance versus Dodge
Damage: [roll2] Toughness Save, less 4 if the Dodge save is made.

AirApparent
2015-10-29, 09:21 AM
The woman's claw rakes across Dan's shoulder. Letting the pain register and flow to the back of his mind, he thought to himself, "I gotta keep away from this thing." A path opened up to his mind and he leapt from the balcony to a lamppost, hopping across to the lamppost on the other side, and balancing there atop it. From there he let loose a spray of needles in the woman's direction, not to paralyze but just to harm.

1 bruise, 1 hero point
Move action to Kinetic Parkour up to a lamppost on the other side of the street (likely the one Needle used to flip off from). DC 15 (I think) Acrobatics to balance, +5 DC to not be vulnerable
[roll0]
Attack Roll for Needle Spray
[roll1].
DC 25 resistance, If succeed by 5+, resistance check increase by 2, if by 10+, increase by 5.

Nintendogeek01
2015-10-29, 10:40 AM
Fiona saw the pipes rise up to restrain the Octoguy and was about to skid to a halt, her momentum slowed that task down a bit however, and she recommitted to running when she saw the guy smash and yank away the bindings and begin to tear down the street again, more people in his way, he was going to hurt more people... not if she could help it.

With that she dived at the Octoguy and slammed into his waist and blew past him while he was left to stumble onto the ground! Damn... she'd meant to grab him and hold him down but she didn't realize how hard she could jump now... a fact she was reminded of again when she slammed into the ground, making a small impact crater from her landing, and rolled back to her feet, stumbling as she got to her feet and leaving a few more footprints in the Yellow Brick Row.

She whipped back around to look at the Octoguy and... notice some girl yelling at her about not helping... "Hey! I was trying to hold him so he... I don't know... doesn't hurt anyone else!?" she yelled back, maybe snippier than usual, but that girl caught Fiona on a bad day. What was her problem?

Anyways, back to the Octoguy he was shaking off the impact from earlier, so maybe now was a good time to, more carefully, try and hold him; no flying tackle this time, not at the risk of hurting him unintentionally. So this time Fiona would try and run up, and try to hug him around the waist to hold him as she got close. Go!

NOTE: Since my concern about what happens if our conditions are changed without the chance to alter our actions based on them as we would be able to normally expect a lot of what-ifs in this post.

Move Action: Move to Octoguy. If and only if Move Action becomes unavailable: Charge as a standard action, taking -2 to final attack check result.

Standard Action: All-out attack 5 Power Attack 5 Attack check to attempt to grab Octoguy: result was 21 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20010673&postcount=51). If and only If charge action was taken: Power Attack modifier will be 3 instead of 5 to equate to same attack result for -2 to the effect as described below.

Result of Standard Action: Under unaltered circumstances - if the attack check succeeds Octoguy must make a DC27 strength or dodge check to resist Fiona's grab before it can be established; failure by one degree will result in being immobilized & vulnerable, failure by two degrees will result in being immobilized, defensless, & impaired. See "Escape" in the core rule books for details on escaping grabs. If charge action and thus reducing Power Attack's modifier took place, then decrease the difficulty to DC25.

If an affliction or other effect that would negatively impact attack rating befalls Fiona: Reduce Power Attack Modifier until the effect's degree is matched, or until Power Attack's modifier hits zero.

Other what-ifs I can think of would require extra rolls so we'll deal with those if they come up.

Oh and if the grab fails for any reason I'd like to interpose for the first person Octoguy attacks... I would like to interpose even while grabbing him but I don't think that would be feasible for several reasons lol.

Drakeburn
2015-10-29, 12:39 PM
"Stay in school kids," Scott said, trying to pose and sound as heroicly as he can.
"See ya."
With that said, he quickly climbs out of the window and runs around, observing the area. So far, he sees battles between other stormers. There was so much happening around the place, he had to put a stop to it. Besides, he's been itching to punch a few supervillains himself.
He swoops by, throwing rapid punches at the guy with the tentacles before darting off to observe the situation from the rooftops.

Movement

Using Super Speed

Standard Action

Rapid Attack

Attack against Octoguy: [roll0]
Attack against the animal woman: [roll1]

DC 22 Damage

smuchmuch
2015-10-29, 02:57 PM
"Well, I was already doing that" Green answers the metal woman with a little shrug, looking at the ground, sounding a little miffed, a little apologetic. (So not with great success maybe but still...) On the plus side, she guess the metal woman was apprently trying to help. It's not like there'd be anyone just running around and picking fights, that'd be crazy.

She puts a hand on the pavement once again and the ground is traversed by a vibration and it becomes animated of a small almost impreceptible movement particulary around the tentacles man, if someone observant were to look at the ground they'd see bits of it seems to be moving like they are about to suddenly crack and sprout but they aren't yet

She lift her head to look at the guy and atempt to reson with him one last time, now that he's been stoped own, maybe he'll be more inclined to listen.

"Hey Mr Tentacle Guy, I get the situation got pretty crazy but it's over. Help is on the way right now. You haven't done anything wrong" (the people thrown around might disagree, she really hopes none of them were hurt too badly, or worse, but now is probably not the moment to mention that) "and no one's gonna to hurt you" ...Much. Probably. "the lady just grabbing you as a precaution. If you could just calm down and stay put it'd be great, thanks ♪ "

Probably not the best spiel ever but she's kinda trying to get the message cleary but quickly before he starts trashing and running around again.

[roll0] Diplomacy to atempt to calm Octoguy down

Withholding standart action for now (assuming the above roll doesn't count as such)

If the diplomacy attempt fails (and doesn't count as a standart action of it's own) and Octoguy doesn't seem responsive and/or does something agressive, and Green doesn't get stunned or another condition that would deprive her from a standart action, she'll fire another Snare (targeting Octoguy).

All out attack (-4/+4), power attack (-2/+2) snare
[roll1]
(Same hindered/imobilized, vulnerable/defensless affliction (rank 8, 1 with the power attack).)

smuchmuch
2015-11-21, 07:53 PM
Swift

As you run along the street, It's like the world has stopped to a crawl. And you aren't even at your fullest, you can feel it. Fast as you are, it is easy for you to avoid the slow tentacles, turn around the octoman thing and pummel the monster blow by blow and leave the scene without looking back and climb over a nearby building by litteraly running on it.

From where you are, by running around the top of building a little, you easily get a good bird eyes of most notable things going in most of the yellow brick road. Not everything though, there are still a few things obstructing your field of view here and here and while you may have gained supernatural speed it seems you weren't granted Eagle vision as well so you loose details in the distance, still it's a pretty good vantage point.

There's aren't many people left in the street around in the street. Not counting those couple of dozens lying around. despite the best efforts of all, in the very moment of the catastrophy, cars crashed as people lost control, people got trampled, people dying of fear or fromtneh shock... Given how packed the place was, it's an amazingly the low numbers of victim.
Most of the people left have manage to run away, are cowering under covers and hiding places. You can definitively see a few looters a few streets away breaking the window of a shop. There are also quite a few scenes of fights that have broken between the people having gained power as you did.

There's the scene you just went from not far down, you can see that the metallic lady you past by just grabbed the angry tentacle guy in an tight pose, while some girl about your age you had barely noticed seems to be looking at them.

Standing on one foot on a streetlamp post like a monk out of kung fu movie, an Asian man is fighting on top by some kind of golden brown .. Cat ? Ferret ? furry woman by throwing needles at her.

A large burly man with slivery extending clawed arms and silvery lines all over his body stands crouched on the edge of the roof of building around a block away in the opposite direction having just swung there and punched a flying young in an emo get up who seems to have stopped moving in mid air.

A little further away along the main axe of the 'road' you can see a group of men, they all look identical to you but from where you are it's difficult to tell standing around. They seem to be starring at a place you can't quite see yourself because behind a building slightly too tall.

Finally at the edge of your vision in different directions, it's hard to see in the daylight but you can make out red and blue lights, which you assume, are probably police lights as well as a few flying blobs, one at least you can identify as patrolling helicopter, coming in the general direction of the event. It seems response is on the way, but not quite there.

Warmachine

"Peasant, you will.... Aah !"
Whatever pompous bragging the gaunt young man was about to spout, it turns into a surprised cry of pain as your scythe slashes over his torso. It seems he wasn't expecting to be able to touch him in flight and your attack took him completely by surprise. He attempts to veer on the right while energy start glowing on his hand as he prepares for retaliation but only to find you in mid swing almost at his level, anvil shaped fist at the ready.

Lord Aetheric manage one last stare at you, he seems almost as outraged as he is shocked by his sudden defeat, before his eyelids close and his body goes limp. And, without the concentration to maintain his power if the black energy that surrounded him a moment ago suddenly vanishing is any indication, subject to gravity any second right now.
Two stories over the middle of the street is a pretty bad place for it to happen.

Ferous

"...no One's gonna hurt y..."
"Graaaaaah !"
The green wearing teen's ill attempt attempt at diplomacy is cut short as The octman start bellowing bellows and suddenly folds in pain.
Either he finds her that grating, or more likely, it has something to do with the mysterious streak that just suddenly traversed the street and in barely a split second was already out, leaving only a rushing sound, a slight trail on the pavement and the octoman to suddenly covered in sudden multiple appearing bruise. In a defensive reflex, his tentacles start swiping around blindly attempting to crush all the surrounding threats.

"What ?" the girl in green looks confused for a moment then closes her eyes.
You see the ground start rising around the Octoman, as if forming into limbs like protrusions but they are immediately crushed and snapped under the mass and strength of the blindly flailing tentacles.

One of the tentacles swings in your direction. You have no time to dodge but you do manage to brace for impact and despite the apparent strength of the man the contact barely feel like a large wet noodle landed on your shoulder and seems to inflict about as much damage. If anything, as the limp limb is right in your grab, he just provided with a perfect opening to make your move.

Attempting to wrestle an angry Octopus would be considered quite the challenge. For most that is, and yet, maybe you took him by surprise or your newfound strength is much greater than his own, you wrap your arms and shoulders around him in a suprisingly easily embrace. Still you feel his attempt to trash his body around and the tentacles angrily writhes under your metallic grip, their tips instinctively attempting to loop around to strike you in a reflex to free him but right now your grip is, quite literally, an iron one.

"Uhm, so you want help with that ?"

Needle

The animal woman raises her hand in reflex and screams gives a little screech of pain as multiple pins plants themselves in her forearm.

She removes them with a quick gesture Her eyes tracks you and your parkour tunts, she seems most ...fascinated by your movement as she lick blood from her arm.
Standing tall, she takes a rather odd if maybe slightly familiar stance, extending her arms and hands in front of her, her back slightly bend while her legs are subtly coiling, reminding you somwhat of a martial artist preparing for a fight, and then springs in action and takes a powerful in your direction. Thankfully you have quite the distance to see it coming and fast as she may be, it is easy for you to move out of the way.

Mr Mirror

... Just got hit with another truck, or so he assumes. did someone get the licence plate ?
Michael can only wonder if he'll manage to stabilized his hit points before they hit -9 or if it's game over for him as he mercifully sinks unto unconciousness.

-Okay so for those with individual fight is ending who would like to to move on, you run at the speed of plot consider it takes the equivalent of one 'post' worth of movement to get from one scene to another for now unless you have apropriate movement powers, leap, speed, flight or teleport.
(If the scene doesn't have a PC fighting in it, you can do that and start acting in the same post, though.)
For information
-With his speed, Swift can go to any place of the yellow brick road in a single move action and can act in the same post, no matter how farand from his position on the rooves, swift can see every of the other scenes if he just move around a bit
-The reason I've kept some part of the YBR (at this point it's more like a whole small shopping district than a mall) are 'out of view' is mostly so I can have new character pop there as I'm gonna invite new players.
-Swift and Warmachine are close enough in direct line of sight of each others.

Nintendogeek01
2015-11-21, 09:11 PM
Ferrous
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Hindered & Vulnerable while grabbing

Welp, negotiations have clearly broken down along with the pavement that the girl (maybe?) is moving and... what the hell was that blur? Oh never mind, this Octopus guy's still a danger!

Fiona manages to shrug off the blow from the Octoguy's tentacle, a little to her surprise she had to admit but this metal body was beginning to show its perks, and grab the offending tentacle in a vice grip! While the thing was gargling in pain she moved in and wrapped her arms around his waist and managed to keep him rooted in place! "Alright hold still!" she shouted to the Octoguy.

"Hm? Can you speak up!? I can't hear you over this guy!" Fiona yells to the girl as the latter says something, but never mind that, right now she had the Octoguy in a solid grip but... now what? She hadn't taken martial arts classes since she was a teenager and she wasn't precisely sure what to do next... especially since she was worried about crushing the Octoguy to death with her newfound strength... but then again if he kept this up... okay... easy does it... gradually try and force the wind out of him... gradually... gradually... gradual... oops.

Standard Action: Gradually... oops... looks like instead of choking him out Ferrous may have possibly inflicted her strength-based damage on the victim of her grab. :smalltongue: As this is basically a free damage effect this does not gain the benefits of a successful attack check, so the Octoguy simply makes a DC27 toughness save.

Move Action: Nah.

Free Action: Maintain grab

Drakeburn
2015-11-21, 11:32 PM
Scott was a bit curious about the army of lookalikes he saw. Rushing to the scene, he finds that they're staring down an unconscious guy in a white suit.
'Hey! Have you ever heard of a fair fight?" Swift asked as he stepped in between the unconscious guy and the doppleganger division.
"Or a haircut?"
Before any of the guys could answer, Swift gets to work, trying to hit as many of them as he could as he weaved around them.

Movement: Run to the scene and around the duplicate division.

Standard Action: Multiattack (I don't know how many guys there are, so I assume there are 8 of them) the duplicates to see which one is real.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

AirApparent
2015-11-23, 09:15 AM
Needle
Hero points: 1
Conditions: None

Allowing himself a bit of a mental breath, considering this balancing act was oddly easier than before, he took a breath and focused on the ferret-like woman until....
There! Suddenly the woman's aura solidified into the lines he had studied so well. The Four Gates and countless other meridians and pressure point lit up for Dan to see. He let loose another set of needles, aiming for those specific points again.

Move action: Activate Meridian Sense, targeting Ferret Lady

Standard Action: Acupunctural Offensive: +10, Affliction DC 20 Fortitude, on Ferret lady. crit on natural 16-20
[roll0]

CandyLaser
2015-11-23, 08:29 PM
Viridian
Hero Points: 1

Amy had been at home, putting the finishing touches on a puff piece she'd written for the online version of the Emerald City Paper ("19 of Emerald City's Best Bookstores"). It wasn't exactly what she wanted to be doing, but she had to pay the bills - and at least the research let her spend a few days combing Emerald City's used bookstores, where she'd picked up a few choice finds. Her boyfriend Grant just rolled his eyes when she came home with an armful of classic science fiction.

When the explosion of silver energy surged through Yellow Brick Row, Amy was quick to find out about it. Twitter went crazy, for one thing. When the alarms started sounding, Amy was standing in front of her, biting her lip, trying to will herself out the door. You can do this. The city needs you. Finally, she worked up the nerve and she headed outside and up to the roof of her apartment building.

There, she turned toward Yellow Brick Row. A silver haze hung over the neighborhood, mingling with some smoke, and the sounds of emergency response teams could be heard even from her place near University Hill. "All right. Showtime." With a shower of blue-green sparks, her comfortable jeans and t-shirt transformed into a bodysuit. Hey, if you've got powers, you need a costume, right? She rose into the air, somewhat unsteadily at first, oriented herself toward Yellow Brick Row, and took off.

The trip took about half a second. It owould have been quicker, but she overshot it the first time and had to wheel around. Amy did one pass over the whole site, looking for any obvious cases of people in danger. She saw the last moments of a fight between a tall, muscled, clawed man and Hot Topic's best customer, and she saw the latter plucked from the sky. As good a place as any to get started. Focusing on the power of the Viridian Crown, green light flared and solidified, forming a giant cushion in midair just beneath the falling man.

Using the green crystal to create a nice big cushion, as described. If I need to roll, here it is: [roll0]

Honor Guard
2015-11-24, 08:00 AM
Hero Points: One>Two. Luck Points: One.
Condition: (4 Rnds remaining), Temper Complication: No Intellect or Awareness based skills other than Perception. Will not withdraw from combat until all opponents are down, or he himself is either Incapacitated or Exhausted. Will Check DC 20 to end the Attack Routine prematurely.

Jon struggled with a new flood of almost primal rage, he spun as the blue-green energy formed under Lord Etheric's unconscious form, seeking the energy's source. He spotted a woman hovering above him, snarling he yelled, "You! Are you the cause of this, what happened here!" His hand extended pointing at the hovering form as he roared his challenge into the air.

Will Check to Prematurely end the Temper Complication. [roll0]. DC 20. Lets hope this works! Nope! I never indicated he cannot tell friend from foe, so he will refrain from attacking my fellow PC's, and just be snarly until I can make the will check or some other baddie crops up. If someone wanted to try to reason with him, to get him to help save innocents, we could consider that a Aid Other check on his next Temper save. Hint hint, nudge, nudge!

smuchmuch
2015-11-26, 01:47 AM
Swift

It's at your sixth target that your realize each one you've attacked so far is unscathed. Either somehow they somehow dodge despite your incredible speed, or you missed. Which is quite possible, even with super reflexes, piercing the world around you and steering while at full super speed isn't that easy. Slowing your speed a little you focus to hit your seven target and your fist make contact... With thin air again, as your fist disappear right in the seventh 'man''s face

In less than the blink of an eye for a normal man, your eyes sweeps the scene and you notice the geeky guy in a white suit, the one passed out has a trace of being slightly burned. On the back of his suit. You manage to slow and change your course as a beam red energy strikes where your eight target and you would have been had you engaged.

"Bummer. Nice dodge" In the parking of the Freedom burger at your right, among other plastic effigies of the Freedom league hero, 'Captain Thunder' just turned his head, eye glowing red. The voice is definitively same as the eight clone (who all just cleanly disappeared by the way), though.

Viridian

There's a short moment, of disorientation and vertigo when you firstfloat though the air and in a downward glance your eyes takes it all, the city has you've likely never seen it before unless you're into small plane flying, and even that isn't the same. Not to mention the rush of air and defing gravity. In this mix of sensation you barely notice a strange feeling in the back of your head, almost like a continuous barely paercivable hissing but it quickly pass.
Orienting yourself to the Yellow brick Road is easy, all you have to do is targeting yourself to the great Emerald tower towering in the center of the road.

On the way, you zip past a news and a police chopper .Downward you can see a few early cops vehicles have stopped around The Yellow Brick Road and surroundings city blocks with more one the way. A few officers on the ground seems to be acting as crowd control helping running civilians out. More police cars are on the way at full speed alongside firetrucks, ambulances and some grey trucks whose insignia you are too high to see.

Inside the district itself though, you can see most of the catastrophe itself has passed and most of the silver cloud has already dissipated, there's no strong winds blowing either. It hasn't done a lot of direct property damage directly, most of this seem to have come from byproducts accidents, out of control crashing into buildings, that kind of things. And quite a few fights between what seems to be clearly powered individual such as yourself seems to have broken.

Diving into one of the scenes, your quick thinking and action probably saved a life as the flying emo guy bounces on your large cushion instead of ending up as a stain the hard pavement. The big guy with metallic claws arms and tron lines is screaming at you with rage.

No rolls needed for create object not used for combat application (I suppose I could have asked for a reflex roll for being fast enough but nah)

Warmachine

You are screaming with barely contained beserker rage to the woman, the intruder, the potential enemy who just flew in. Under the orders of the nanites into your body, metalic nanocables are reinforcing your natural muscle fibers and constantly produced adrenaline is pumped through your veins, keeping your mind agressive, your senses alert and your body on your toes, ready to spring. Your hands itch to claw something and your body almost aches for action.

Needle

Your pins hits almost all the points that control the flow of qui in the ferret woman body, sadly you missed in afew places so she doesn't stop dead in her track as you hoped but her movement seems slower, definitively sapped some of her energy.

There's a short moment as the animal woman look at you and seems to consider her options. She seems about to jump at you again but suddenly instead dives on her left and quickly rushes through the door into "Back to The Fuschia" according to the letter on the glass.

Ferrous

"Did you saw what it was that just flew over there, though ?" There might have been something passing over your head, also the silhouette of some guy on the roof a bit before but you're jsut a litle too busy being into tightlock to pay attention over your head.

"Let go of m.. me..ee ufh"
You can feel the man's tentacles shifting as the man tries to wiggle his way out but not to avail. Slowly and implacably your tighten your grip, harder and harder but carefully not to hurt him and.. woops you may have squeezed just a tad too hard. The man finaly goes limp.
A quick glance at the man confirms he is thankfully alive and breathing.

"Did you ... ?" You notice the girl moved closer while you were busy holding the man and is extending an arm , apparently was about to touch him. "Oh good.. " she sighs of relief, seeing him alive and retracts her extended arm behing her back. Funny for a very short moment her hands looked gray, more lumpy and rough and you could swear you saw something looking like small wires creeping into her flesh.

"So,uh, sorry for earlier and I wasn't more help but..." she gives a thumb up with a genuine if slightly awkward smile as she touches the floor with her other hands and the broken pipes from before suddenly mend, animate, crawl over the floor to tie themselves around the thing as impromptu restraints "that was cool ! You got this. ✔ You ever though of doing that thing were people does the takling and grabbing each others, er, wrestling right ?"

Drakeburn
2015-11-27, 12:00 AM
"What can I say?" Scott replies, facing towards "Captain Thunder."
"I'm swift." He gives Captain Thunder a smirk, not only does he want to drive this guy bonkers, but he also got a superhero name that he liked.
He quickly goes over to the geeky guy in the white suit and picks him up.
"Catch me if you can 'Bummer.'" Swift teased as he sped away, hoping to get this guy to the nearest hospital.

Standard Action: Grab Mr. Mirror

[roll0]

Movement Action: Take Mr. Mirror to a hospital

smuchmuch
2015-11-27, 11:34 AM
Swift

In the moment it takes for a hummingbird to flap their wing, you make your way to the nerdy guy and grab him. He's heavier than he looks, you realise carrying someone might slow you down a bit but you should be able to make it to the nearest hospital in seconds. There that new big place they opened two years ago by the waterfront, it was all over the local news for a while.

All around you the world is slowed down and muffled. It's funny all the little details you notice at these moment. Hey they actualy augmented the price of the 'Centurion special', man what a rip. You notice the eyes of the fake fake "Captain Thunder" are starting to glow more intensely again. You could probaly run ten laps around him before he's done 'lighting up' though

I assume that even if Scott has no science skill, he had already been in a car and why there are such a thing as a safety belt and the effts of acelaration/deelration.
Up to you, you may choose to roll an easy (diff 5) int roll for Swift. If you clear it, he may realise (your choice) that while he's obviously immune to the effect of insane accelaration/decelaration as part of his speed powers, he has no idea if it applies to anyone else he would carry.

-Does he takes the risk of going to full speed (well maybe not full full, I assume swift hasn't been going to hiw full 64 000 mph yet or he would leave trails of broken widows and eardriums everytime :smalltongue:), of going very fast and make it to the hospital almost instantaneously and hope he won't turn Mr Mirror internal organs into salsa in the process ?
-or would he slow a little even if it means taking more time to get there (you'll still be faster than any ambulance would to be clear) and being more visible, open yourself to an attack by the laser guy ?
(attack is a perception attack. It will hit you atomaticaly though you get a +2 to resist thanks to partial concealement). DC 14

Precisions:
-He attacks after you grabbed the nerdy guy so even if you get dazed you can still use a move action to run away, the effect of the daze apply next round
-If you get hurt, have a hero point.

CandyLaser
2015-11-27, 08:49 PM
"I don't have anything to do with it. Please, calm down, relax, and I'll help get you whatever it is that you need." As she spoke, she gently lowered the man she'd caught down to the ground, setting him well away from both the ranting clawed fellow and whatever other chaos was gripping the streets.

Using the orange ray to move Lord Etheric.

Nintendogeek01
2015-11-27, 10:29 PM
Oh crap! Fiona was startled enough by the Octoguy suddenly going limp that she released her grip and leaned back, too startled to consider that just letting him fall over may not have been any better for his health, but it did succeed in adding to her panic! "Crap crap crap... is he breathing?" not daring to touch him again she instead leaned down on the pavement and put an ear close to his chest... oh good he at least seems to be breathing, and the girl's whispered relief seems to confirm that he should at least be alive.

"Oh good... seems to be breathing still..." she sighs, pushing herself up to her feet and leaving an imprint of her hands firmly in the road, "It's cool... it's cool..." she said to the girl when she apologized, "And no... wrestling's not my thing," she answered, kind of a strange girl but maybe, "Look if you want to help me out though could I ask you for a favor? Erm... just wait a sec..." Fiona jogs back over to where she left her purse and the shopping bag. She grimaced when she saw that was remained of the make-up was now destroyed, but at least everything else was as intact as she left it in the purse, what really pulled her heart-strings was that the teddy bear was missing from the bag, "Damn it!" this caused a brief boiling over of everything that was bothering her right now, enough of a boil to cause her to slam a fist into the pavement, cracking it and making a very minor tremor, but nothing serious.

Okay... one thing at a time, no idea why the bear would be missing but no matter what she will find something for Joey again if she has to, but right now she needed to straighten other things out and call Dan. From what she could tell the phone was intact, it'd better be able to survive a simple drop while inside a purse after all, and she brought her purse and bag over to the girl, "Look, this metal body it... it's new and I keep breaking stuff without meaning to and I need to call a friend to work this out but while I could just leaving it sitting on my palm to talk I'm worried I'll break it if I try to dial the phone so... please please could you dial his number for me miss...?" she asked the woman, though the question felt a bit more awkward when she realized she never got the girl's name, "Er... sorry I didn't ask your name, I'm Fiona," she introduced a bit hastily.

smuchmuch
2015-11-30, 10:43 AM
Swift ?

(ooc: will edit something later ?)

Viridian (/Warmachine)

You find a spot the golden pavement to put the still passed out emo guy on. You notice one hell of a bruise and a teeth flew off as well as the obvious if superficial slash on his chest. But otherwise (at the difference of some of the other bodies lying in the street you sadly saw while flying over sadly) he should be okay when he'll wake up.

Not much to say unless Honnor guard answer you or one of you take a siginficative action

Ferous

"Oh uh I'm..." she has an almost blank look for a moment then an embarassed sheepish grin. "... Jade ...Esmeralda.. Green.." It's those delighfully awkward pauses that seals in this "absolutly not made up on the moment" flavor. "...Glad to meet you. Gotta be more people to help ! And please don't do that ?" she grimaces as you punch in the pavement in frustration.

At your demand she takes the phone. There's a small moment of her just looking at the phone as if it was something alien and sliding her finger on the screen with concentration as if she was exploring a puzzle. Dial 'Dan' please ? ..here ya go" After starring in her palm she finaly passes you the phone back, the symbol of a call dialing on the screen

There's a moments where it feels the call isn't going to pass, the reception seems to pretty bad, but it finaly picks up after a while.

Question: For calmer moments like these do you want to roleplay character close to yours, important for family and personal related scenes, or would you rather the GM did it ?
(Of course any NPC can still get overiden by the GM whenever plot or dramaticaly imporant)

Nintendogeek01
2015-12-01, 12:55 PM
"Thank you!" Fiona said to Jade (Esmerelda Green? Did she make that up or were her parents a little weird?) Fiona just held out her palm and let the girl set it into her palm, she then tilted her head to bring her ear and mouth close to her phone without actually applying pressure around the phone before beginning to pace a bit; for the last little while she'd been more concerned with actually getting in touch with someone but not what the hell she was going to tell them.

"Hey Fi!" Dan's voice answering over the phone immediately snapped her from her current train of thought.

"Hey... Dan," Fiona's response was a little hung up as she struggled to find the exact words to use. She could hear a heavy sigh of relief on the other end of the line from Dan as she spoke.

"Fi you have NO idea how much I've been freakin' out. You still on the Row?" he asked.

"Yeah... yeah I am," Fiona answered a bit nervously.

"Well thank God you called I'd have to start joggin' up and down there myself if you hadn't but uh..." the pause Dan took did little to calm Fiona's nerves, "You're not hurt or anything are you? You sound a little different."

"Uh not... hurt per se... Dan do you know what happened out here?"

"I was hoping you could tell me, no one that isn't already there knows what's goin' on other than a 'This just in! Somethin' freaky at the Yellow Brick Row!' You really alright over there?"

"Dan that... hell I'm here and I don't know what the hell's going on," Fiona sighed, "Okay okay..."

"Alright girl, just take your time," Dan by now has clearly picked up on something bothering Fiona, "Start at the beginning," he suggested.

"Okay it's like this..." by this point Fiona's pacing has literally worn a path into the concrete since she hadn't even bothered to mind how heavy her feet had been coming down, yet still she didn't notice, "I'd just gotten Joey and June's presents and then this... I don't know, silvery storm cloud came out of nowhere!"

"You're sh-kiddin' me," Dan quickly changed his words out. Dan had been asked to watch after the kids while she went shopping and Fiona absolutely HATED it when people cussed if they were even in the same building as the kids, didn't want them to overhear a "bad word."

"I wish... next thing I know I'm... I'm..."

"Easy... deep breaths,"

"It's... you know how the Freedom League has super-heroes and stuff right?" might have seemed like an odd change in topic when Dan was lacking context but she felt she needed some frame of reference for this.

"Uh... yeah but what's that got to do with the Row?" Predictably Dan sounded confused.

"Look when I woke up I... oh damn it all. Dan I'm made out of metal!" and thus the dive was taken.

"What!?" and the confusion just piled on.

"Yes I am now made. Of. Metal," she uttered out, "I woke up started breaking things left and right but I didn't mean to and then there was an octoguy who was attacking people but I couldn't let him so me and some other girl tried to hold him down and..."

"Whoa whoa whoa..."

"My bad..." Fiona felt slightly embarrassed about how that came out but she could only keep a lid on it all for so long.

"Okay okay, look I believe you Fi, not sure I completely get it but I believe you. Traffic's jammed all to he-ck but I can get the kids and we can come find you at the Row if you need it," Dan offered.

"No... no... Dan I'm not exaggerating I am made of metal now I keep breaking everything partly because of how much... heavier I got..." she finally noticed the path she'd been making in the pavement with her pacing, prompting her to sigh before continuing on, "Look I... I have to figure out how to break this to the kids first I'll... I'll figure that out and come over there, I'll call before I head over."

"Alright. Alright I gotcha Fi. Look you know me I've gotcha anytime you need me, I'll keep them safe here," Dan told his friend over the phone.

"Thanks... catch ya later," Fiona held onto the phone and let it head back to the main menu and then lock out on its own once Dan hung up. "Thanks..." she told Jade again. "Augh... but now what?" she groaned, she really had NO idea how to explain this to her kids and this quickly occupied her thoughts.

Drakeburn
2015-12-01, 04:21 PM
Swift quickly realized that if he went full speed towards the hospital, the acceleration/deceleration would probably tear the poor guy apart before they'd get to the hospital. He decided that finding the guy someplace safe till the ambulances arrive would be a better option.

"Is that all you got Bummer?!" Swift mocked at Captain Thunder as he slowed down for him, taking the unconscious guy in white to the nearest dumpster. There, he would drop the guy in there and close the lid before darting back into the chaos.

Dodge roll (for the heck of it): [roll0]

Bonus from partial concealment not included. :smalltongue:

CandyLaser
2015-12-01, 11:04 PM
Viridian took a calculated risk, turning her back on the angry man to scan the scene for any other people in danger.

Rolling Perception: [roll0]