PDA

View Full Version : Made an Ork Warboss for d&d 3.5

flamewolf393
2015-10-25, 11:30 AM
Was bored one day so I tried to recreate an Ork Warboss from Warhammer 40k using 3.5 rules. Tell me what you think so far and if you have any further suggestions on it.

So far I've got:

Race: Feral Orc Half-giant

Class: Psychic warrior 1/barbarian 2/warkhulk 4/orc warlord 3

Feats: Tireless, leadership, might makes right, ambitious leader, monkey grip.

Gear: Clockwork armor (made of mythril oerthblood to overcome weaknesses), Gargantuan Dragonclaws (using a ring of enlarge weapon with monkey grip), +6 belt of strength, +6 thingie of constitution

Cohorts: level 10 artificer (mekboy), 2 level 10 psions (weirdboyz).

Has a final strength of 50, and con of 28, with 218 HP, attack of +28/23 4d6+20

Ellowryn
2015-10-25, 12:24 PM
Hrm, while i am not an ork player i will attempt to help you with my 2 copper.

First, i would drop the psywarrior. Yes expansion is nice (along with a few other powers) but the loss of BaB and the fact that it doesn't really work well with barbarian (you cant rage and manifest powers).

You need power attack, cause orks are all about the power.

I would swap the psions for wilders. Have them always wild surge, that way it correctly models how often orks fail to manifest powers.

flamewolf393
2015-10-25, 12:28 PM
Ah, I forgot about wilders. As for the level of p.warrior, it is there more for the flavor. All orks are at least slightly psychic by nature, so I had to have at least one level of something psychic.

Ellowryn
2015-10-25, 12:37 PM
Ah, I forgot about wilders. As for the level of p.warrior, it is there more for the flavor. All orks are at least slightly psychic by nature, so I had to have at least one level of something psychic.

In that case give him the Hidden Talent feat. Gives him 2 PP and one first level power and also allows him to use psionic items (give him a bunch of random djori and have him scream out stuff as he uses them without knowing what they are).

Tvtyrant
2015-10-25, 08:18 PM
See if you can get dragonmech approved to make gargants/stompas/deff dreads/killakans.

The rules are practically built for Orks, and would give your hordes of followers a way to be treated as a relevant threat in combat. The cost scale on the mechs means a level 20 character could get a city mech (mega gargant) to house his Ork army in.

flamewolf393
2015-11-12, 02:18 PM
See if you can get dragonmech approved to make gargants/stompas/deff dreads/killakans.

The rules are practically built for Orks, and would give your hordes of followers a way to be treated as a relevant threat in combat. The cost scale on the mechs means a level 20 character could get a city mech (mega gargant) to house his Ork army in.

O.O that sounds awesome and perfect.

Urpriest
2015-11-12, 03:19 PM
Half-Giant is a race, not a template. Were you thinking of Half-Ogre?