PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Aegis/Totemist/Soul Manifester build help

Deadasadoor
2015-10-25, 02:08 PM
So in an upcoming campaign we'll be scouts trying to find habitable land above-ground after monsters invaded the surface. I came across the Aberrant Aegis archetype a while ago and want to use it. However, I've always wanted to play an incarnum character as well. I got the go-ahead from my DM to convert Aegis to 3.5 and progress the customization points and PP as the psionic side of Soul Manifester. With Totemist+Aegis it would be a melee/grapple monster, as opposed to Totemist/Psion shenanigans. I just have a few kinks that I'd like to ask the playground about. Other suggestions are welcome.

The campaign would start at level 7, and this DM usually runs low combat games. I would probably start off with 3 Aegis/2 Totemist/2 SM.

If I go down this route:
How should I compensate for my low BaB/to hit? SM has bad BaB and a d4 HD. The health issue can be fixed with Totem Avatar and Vigor, but hitting may prove difficult. I am aware lawful Incarnates have the soulmeld that gives them a flat bonus to attack bonus, but I'd prefer to use Totemist.

Is it really worth it?
Losing the flexibility of Aegis, with only Reconfigure 1/day is a pain, and Totemist may not cover that.

Other builds:
Pure Aberrant Aegis seems like fun, but with a low number of combat encounters may be wasted.

Regular Totemist/Psion/Soul Manifester is probably the most optimized option and gives the broadest amount of options in an encounter.