PDA

View Full Version : Undead Theme Party

Naanomi
2015-10-25, 04:09 PM
With 'Undying' undead themed warlock patron in Sword Coast, does the Oathbreaker/Death Cleric/Necromancer/Undying Warlock party really come together as smoothly as it looks?

No firm skill-monkey but with the right background planning,..

Ardantis
2015-10-25, 04:18 PM
I don't know what the Undying Patron abilities are, but...

He's likely party Face, unless the Oathbreaker fills that role.

Skills you'll have to figure out through backgrounds. With no expertise, you might have no Stealth or scouting. Of course, undead minions might fill that role. Also you may be disarming traps with skeletons and stuff like that.

The rules are different for Hordes.

ad_hoc
2015-10-25, 04:30 PM
Don't forget the Death Monk!

Naanomi
2015-10-25, 04:47 PM
I didn't memorize all the abilities, but I think the warlock slowly gained undead traits (no breathing, longer lifespan, etc) and gained advantages in dealing with undead (resistance to their attacks, advantage on social rolls, etc)

Belac93
2015-10-25, 04:59 PM
With a Monk of the Long Death, you would have a pretty well rounded undead party. No one would be really skilled, but that could be fixed with the right backgrounds or a half-elf.

Addaran
2015-10-25, 05:19 PM
Soundslike a fun theme group. =)

I wouldn't worry too much about the skills. Just plan a little with the group and have each players take one of the essential skill (survival, thieves tools, etc) It's one of the easiest thing to get around this edition.

Human Paragon 3
2015-10-25, 06:17 PM
Any links to the content (undying warlock and death monk)?