PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for domains

ZhanStrider
2015-10-25, 10:51 PM
If you had to make the following domains, what would you put for each spell and what powers would you pick as a domain power? 3.5 not pathfinder

Kindness

King/Queen (distinct from Nobility)

Sound

Love

Redemption

Dread_Head
2015-10-26, 06:59 AM
Here are my best suggestions, some of the spells are a bit forced but they all hopefully are around the correct theme.

Kindness
Granted Power: Whenever you aid another (in combat or on skills) the bonus you grant increases to +3. OR alternatively (I'm not sure which is more balanced): When you aid another (in combat or on skills) the bonus you grant is doubled. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to your cleric level.
1st: Bless
2nd: Shield Other
3rd: Heroism
4th: Panacea (SC)
5th: Rejuvenation Cocoon (SC)
6th: Heroes Feast
7th: Fortunate Fate (SC)
8th: Refuge
9th: Unbinding (SC)

Here I chose the granted power because helping people is a clear aspect of kindness. The spells are chosen to let you aid, heal and protect your allies.

Sound
Granted Power: A Cleric with the Sound domain can use songs to inspire courage in his allies and himself. As a standard action, he can sing rallying or inspiring war songs that grant all allies that hear him a +1 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls. This effect lasts as long as the Cleric sings, and for 5 rounds afterward. This ability is usable once per day per cleric level. Add Perform to the list of Cleric class skills.
1: Amplify (SC)
2: Shatter
3: Sonorous Hum (SC)
4: Castigate (SC)
5: Shout
6: Cacophonic Burst (SC)
7: Holy Word
8: Greater Shout
9: Wail of the Banshee

The granted power here is chosen because Bardic Music is the first sonic effect that sprang to mind. It doesn't scale and is more similar to the Harmonious Knights substitution levels version which I think balances it. The spells are all chosen for the Sonic descriptor.

Royalty (King/Queen)
Granted Power: If you are affected by a charm or compulsion effect and fail your saving throw, you can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. You get only this one extra chance to succeed on your saving throw.
1: Command
2: Enthrall
3: Crown of Protection (PHBII)
4: Crown of Courage (FoW)
5: Greater Command
6: Geas/Quest
7: Demand
8: Crown of Glory (SC)
9: Miracle

The granted power is chosen because royalty tell other people what to do, they don't get told themselves. Spells are chosen along the lines of the nobility domain with a few spells with crown in the name/effect added.

Redemption would have to have Atonement on the spell list, I don't really have any other suggestions though. Love is also difficult, have a look at the lust domain for inspiration.