PDA

View Full Version : Animated series conversion

jkdjr25
2007-05-25, 12:29 PM
I picked up the D&D animated series dvd recently and after seeing the "official" stats on the items of power I was severely disappointed. So I pose this query to the Playground. Has anyone ever created their own stats for the items from the old Dungeons and Dragons animated series?

Matthew
2007-05-26, 06:32 PM
Heh, heh. No, though I have had cause to think about it. Hank's Bow is by far the most powerful item. What the hell it is, I have no idea. I always remember the episode he falls out of the sky, then shoots several energy arrows into the ground to form a trampoline to save himself... hilarious and not untypical of how he tended to use it. If someone could think up stats to represent that Bow I would be mightily impressed...

Gralamin
2007-05-26, 06:49 PM
I don't know about the items (never watched the show), but the Demodragon is in Dungeon Magazine 147.

jkdjr25
2007-05-27, 02:25 PM
Heh, heh. No, though I have had cause to think about it. Hank's Bow is by far the most powerful item. What the hell it is, I have no idea. I always remember the episode he falls out of the sky, then shoots several energy arrows into the ground to form a trampoline to save himself... hilarious and not untypical of how he tended to use it. If someone could think up stats to represent that Bow I would be mightily impressed...

Hank's longbow would likely use some kind of force effect to my thinking, at least for the initial arrows. With all the utility uses that bow had you'd either have to classify it as an artifact or an epic level magic item with several unique spells incorporated into its creation. hhhhmmmmm I'll have to give it some thought and see what I can come up with.

Matthew
2007-06-11, 12:29 PM
Any progress with that?