PDA

View Full Version : Silly character concepts

Driderman
2007-05-25, 01:31 PM
I've been reading through a lot of wacky suggestions for all sorts of things on these forums and it reminded me of an old joke-character idea of mine:

The Sahuagin Mutant-Vampire

Basically, it's a four-armed sharkman who has to be carted around in a lightproof watertank for the most of the campaign due to his need for immersion in saltwater and his 'allergy' to sunlight. As he must hunt for blood, he'll have to leave the tank from time to time, just make sure he gets back in before he dries out.
And just imagine how he drinks blood with those nasty sharkteeth, not to mention how they'll affect the mandatory ridiculous vampire accent...

For the same campaign a friend of mine made a character named Grimbranch, The Root of All Evil. A red halfdragon treant....

Anyone else got some sillies?

NEO|Phyte
2007-05-25, 01:53 PM
A Human Wereweasel Psychic Warrior that has taken the entirety of the Illithid Heritage feat line, as well as ranks in Profession(Lawyer).

Among other traits, this creation has the ability 'Weasel Empathy', which may provide a circumstance bonus on Profession(Lawyer) checks.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-25, 03:10 PM
A warforged binder who dressed like an old hermit(though not really hiding the fact he's a construct) and wore a greatsword and heavy mithril shield on his back. I liked his concept because alot of the vestige signs relied on the idea that the binder was organic, like teeth growing out of your forhead or a pair of little vestigial wings on your back. I even drew a picture of him (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40224795/).

Pauwel
2007-05-25, 03:35 PM
Awakened Badger Swordsage.

I'm still waiting for a DM that will accept him.

Poppatomus
2007-05-25, 03:37 PM
http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=8570529&postcount=31

Lemur
2007-05-25, 03:57 PM
A cybernetic ghost from the future. Instead of being the kind of spirit who lingers on after death, he's the kind that lingers around before birth. Being a cybernetically enhanced soldier from the future, somehow sent back in time when he died, he's mechanically identical to a sorceror. Advanced nanomachines implanted in his body can create effects identical to magic. Only, he's a ghost, so the nanomachines are actually ghost nanomachines. From the future. He doesn't really remember his future, since it hasn't happened yet.

SurlySeraph
2007-05-25, 05:41 PM
They have some great character concepts around the middle of the "Things I'm not allowed to do while gaming" thread, like the elf who thinks she's a gnome who wishes she were a pixie, but who nontheless has the highest Wisdom score in the party.

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-05-25, 05:43 PM
I solemnly vow that before the end of my life I shall play a psychic sandwich in a D&D campaign.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-05-25, 06:38 PM
An obese, emo-goth mindflayer cleric of Ilsensine (WWID?). Was more than normally slimey, oozing whole puddles, and stuffed himself on brains whenever he could. Wore alot of eyeliner which he had to apply frequently as it melted off.

Played it in a joke campaign spoofing Survivor where we made characters and had to solve quests, and then we had to vote one off, etc.

Absolutely hillarious.

Dihan
2007-05-25, 06:42 PM
I've played a Psion spork before.

ocato
2007-05-25, 07:10 PM
My friend asked me to consult him on making a Half-orc Bard named Grash Slaughtersong who's two-handed axe was also strung like a guitar. He proclaimed it the greatest bard ever, ignored my suggestions, and was ripped apart by an angry mob after realizing he hadn't bothered to put ranks in Diplomacy.

Then he blamed me for not helping him make it right.

Granted, after he told me all of my suggestions were 'gay' and that Bards don't need spells (or a positive charisma, don't ask) just a badass axe and a lot of make up, I washed my hands of the project.

JaronK
2007-05-25, 07:18 PM
I really wanted to play a Dread Necromancer frat boy. I wanted to make a mobile fortress out of the inside of a Titan skeleton, complete with kegs, and he could be partying inside with wenches while the thing battled.

JaronK

kemmotar
2007-05-25, 07:32 PM
Half orc cleric of Kord that accepted any...and i mean absolutely any challenge...the party wizard once slapped me..i returned the slap critted on the slap and dealt him about 7 damage (lvl 1 campaign...)..poor guy was immediately left with 1 Hp...

Oh and his name was crusk the butterfly...not withstanding his 8 dexterity and his orc double axe...with 22 str...

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-25, 07:49 PM
A Human Wereweasel Psychic Warrior that has taken the entirety of the Illithid Heritage feat line, as well as ranks in Profession(Lawyer).

Among other traits, this creation has the ability 'Weasel Empathy', which may provide a circumstance bonus on Profession(Lawyer) checks.

You want to know something weird? I'm in the game this wereweasel applied for. Its friggin hilarious in every way.

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-05-25, 08:03 PM
A gnome maester who has ranks in Profession (cook) and uses them to invent...PEANUT BUTTER! Any time he cooks for the party he makes them all peanut butter sandwiches, and is currently working on a machine to mass produce it, so he can sell it for a profit and start a massive peanut-buttery empire!

NEO|Phyte
2007-05-25, 08:04 PM
You want to know something weird? I'm in the game this wereweasel applied for. Its friggin hilarious in every way.

funny, that. :smallwink:

:edit: It'll be interesting if/when I get to be an antagonist for y'all to be antagonised by.

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-05-25, 08:30 PM
The silliest creature I ever played was way back in 2nd edition. I played a pixie who the party didn't know existed. I'd only communicate with images of old hermits and fake godesses, telling them what "quests" they must undertake.

Jensik
2007-05-25, 09:01 PM
I once played a ninja who acted tough and cool, but had an unhealthy obsession with small furry animals. During our first mission I left my team behind to chase after a monkey. I thought it was hilarious... they didn't think so at first.

kemmotar
2007-05-25, 09:04 PM
The silliest creature I ever played was way back in 2nd edition. I played a pixie who the party didn't know existed. I'd only communicate with images of old hermits and fake godesses, telling them what "quests" they must undertake.

i can just imagine your bluff checks:smallbiggrin:

i was thinking of making a pixie *a spirit of battle that for offerings of gold and food will help you in your battles* well until someone cast true seeing or see invisibility or something of the like and saw an invisible pixie:smalltongue:

SilverClawShift
2007-05-25, 10:36 PM
I'm probably not the only one, but my DM let me play a warforged Bard Dragon Disciple.

My excuse was that I had a bizzarre amount of silver and organic material from a dead silver dragon in my otherwise normal construction, and tapped into it magically as if it were a bloodline.

He didn't ever let me grow wings though, and he said I had to modify my body to look more draconic, not having it occur naturally (and that if I ignored the appearance he'd start stripping away stuff, like I had to have metallic scales crafted, attached, and otherwise etched into my construction).
We went epic in that game, and he let me grow in sizes, but I had to cannibalize warforged parts to do it. I only stripped parts from warforged we defeated (the party was squeemish about it, but how is stripping the armor off a warforged worse than looting the corpses anyway?)

But I was like "What the heck? I can become a LARGE WARFORGED WITH A DRAGONSHAPED FACE, but I can't bolt on some WINGS?"

Driderman
2007-05-25, 10:47 PM
...I only stripped parts from warforged we defeated (the party was squeemish about it, but how is stripping the armor off a warforged worse than looting the corpses anyway?)...

Well the fact that you're techically stealing the defeated warforgeds "skin" and adding it to your own, that would make it seem worse in some peoples eyes.
Cutting off the skin of sentient creatures and wearing them is often frowned upon in what amounts to civilized society... :smallbiggrin:

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-25, 11:10 PM
I once played a ninja who acted tough and cool, but had an unhealthy obsession with small furry animals. During our first mission I left my team behind to chase after a monkey. I thought it was hilarious... they didn't think so at first.

....-.-....

I'm still having trouble with the laughter.

Setra
2007-05-25, 11:25 PM
Oh dear god that reminds me of my friend.

Mad Wizard
2007-05-25, 11:31 PM
A player in a campaign I was in once played an awakened rat cleric of Kord... who turned on us at the first oppertunity, killing the druid who supposedly awakened him. :smallconfused:

Kascade101
2007-05-25, 11:39 PM
A bard/cleric with the domains Death and Metal.

Raistlin1040
2007-05-25, 11:58 PM
Hmm. Lets think for a sec. How about a drow, whose parents are a red dragon and a Lloth priestest afflicted with werewolf lycanthropy. That way he's a half-red dragon Drow werewolf. Wonder what the LA would be...

Bassetking
2007-05-26, 12:00 AM
Well the fact that you're techically stealing the defeated warforgeds "skin" and adding it to your own, that would make it seem worse in some peoples eyes.
Cutting off the skin of sentient creatures and wearing them is often frowned upon in what amounts to civilized society... :smallbiggrin:

Dragonhide.

Armor.

kemmotar
2007-05-26, 09:41 AM

Well in a quest in the underdark for my friend's PrC me (a lesbian elf archer rogue) and his fighter...so first think we do is go to an inn...fighter asks for a beer and my elf just had to ask for dragon's blood (i didnt really know at the time what it was) and the inn turned out to be a base for smuggling dragon's blood and other drugs...when we went outside we faced a part of 5, defeated them and find out that one of the guy's the son of the guildmaster as we're looting the bodies...

Well the rogue (that used to be lawfull evil but due to certain circumstances became LG...damn solars) decides to cut off the skin of the face and take it with her...well that was me but who cares...same quest i kept storing brains to give to a good mindflayer that helped us:smallwink:

Bryn
2007-05-26, 09:53 AM
Fhorozzanios, also known as Gooseman (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=13081)

By day, he is Fhorozzanios, crafter of exotic mechanical beasts. By night, however, he is GOOSEMAN, defender of the poor and oppressed. Dressed in a guy fawkes hat and a sweeping cloak and magically transformed into an anthropomorphic goose, GOOSEMAN crashes through walls, causing explosions galore!

The truth: It all began when Fhorozzanios was pecked by a goose upon the head. He seemed alright, but from then on he was convinced that he was GOOSEMAN, defender of the poor and oppressed... and all poor are oppressed, right? He does this mainly by blowing things up. He rides an enormous mechanical goose, and uses his spells to turn himself into a goose-like thing too. Flashy, extravagant spells are his purview as he fights the 'evil' government and all it stands for!

I have been playing this guy in a solo campaign for a few sessions. I'll post his adventures someday...

Quietus
2007-05-26, 10:09 AM
Hmm. Lets think for a sec. How about a drow, whose parents are a red dragon and a Lloth priestest afflicted with werewolf lycanthropy. That way he's a half-red dragon Drow werewolf. Wonder what the LA would be...

+7, with two racial hit dice (d10's). 9th level character.

Straight tens in stats would give :

Str 23, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 12

+8 natural armor, two claws and a bite, wolf empathy, DR 10/silver, low-light vision, darkvision 120, scent, breath weapon, immune to sleep/paralysis, fire subtype, SR 13, +2 will vs spells/spell-likes, automatic weapon proficiencies, light blindness, favored class Wizard or Cleric (depending on gender)

Could be fun, but one hit and you're toast - at max, you'd have 28 HP at level 9. Then again, you could always boost that con up a bit more, which is never a bad idea in this case.

goat
2007-05-26, 10:53 AM

Militant Vegetarian Druids, who keep awakening herds of cows.

It could work.

ocato
2007-05-26, 10:55 AM
A bard/cleric with the domains Death and Metal.

That is fantastic.

Castaras
2007-05-26, 10:56 AM
I really need to play an animated pie player character sometime...:smallbiggrin:

Maybe stat out the animated pie...Hmm...

*Goes to plot*