PDA

View Full Version : sundering damage question.

1Forge
2015-10-26, 12:57 PM
Never mind trying to delete

Ryunosuke
2015-10-26, 01:14 PM
It seems worded strange but are you referring to armor and shields taking damage just from being the part of your Armor Class that blocks a weapon, using the logic that its still being struck just as if it were being sundered....?

If so I have contemplated the same and it would end up making an almost 'durability' system like some MMORPGs have for their equipment and thus cause players to actually maintain the upkeep and quality of their own gear.

The catch is deciding if the armor bonus of say a chain mail is the ac 11-14 or if it's applied last so if you had AC 20 with all bonuses, the chain is hot on 17-20 instead (which makes sense if you rationalize Dexterity, dodge, and deflection bonuses.

As for HP of the gear, that’s already determined as per whichever edition you are playing (I'm assuming this is 3.5 you are asking about? Or 5th?) It would mean weaker foes would barely do anything to the armor thanks to hardness but if an Ogre is swinging at your plate mail, it sure as hell won't last all day. Especially if it's mundane.

1Forge
2015-10-26, 01:28 PM
It seems worded strange but are you referring to armor and shields taking damage just from being the part of your Armor Class that blocks a weapon, using the logic that its still being struck just as if it were being sundered....?

If so I have contemplated the same and it would end up making an almost 'durability' system like some MMORPGs have for their equipment and thus cause players to actually maintain the upkeep and quality of their own gear.

The catch is deciding if the armor bonus of say a chain mail is the ac 11-14 or if it's applied last so if you had AC 20 with all bonuses, the chain is hot on 17-20 instead (which makes sense if you rationalize Dexterity, dodge, and deflection bonuses.

As for HP of the gear, that’s already determined as per whichever edition you are playing (I'm assuming this is 3.5 you are asking about? Or 5th?) It would mean weaker foes would barely do anything to the armor thanks to hardness but if an Ogre is swinging at your plate mail, it sure as hell won't last all day. Especially if it's mundane.

Sorry for the trouple I posted this on the wrong page.