PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Closest Equivalent to "The Gleam Eyes"?

Dusk Eclipse
2015-10-26, 02:17 PM
I'm helping a friend to build a character based on Aelfheim!Kirito, so far we have decided to go with Dervish Defender into Mage Hunter to start, but when we started going for the most iconic ability from that arc, the monster transformation, we ran into a problem. What monster and therefore what spell would be the best fit for "The Gleam Eyes?" At first I thought Minotaur form would be OK since it is relatively easy to access to monstrous physique 2 (level 11 which is just 1 later than a standard magus), but honestly... it is a sucky form for MP, you would only gain the Str and Nat Armour bonus.. and darkvision I guess. So what I'm asking is if there is a form attainable by a magus that could stand in for a minotaur-like monster. Bonus point if it can still wield weapons.

On a related note, is there a spell that allows to shapechange into Outsiders?

Dusk Eclipse
2015-10-27, 08:07 PM
Does nobody has any sort of suggestions?

Sayt
2015-10-27, 08:25 PM
The best Magus/Gish shapechange in Pathfinder is probably the Calikang, But it isn't at all minotaur-like. I guess you could pretend the Slams are blunt horns?

I mean, there are Elder and Labyrinth Minotaurs, but those are both large, so they aren't actually any better for Monstrous Physique.

And as for outsiders, only Elemental Body, really, and that loses your weapon for the duration.

Novawurmson
2015-10-31, 06:50 AM
The Tikbalang (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/monstrous-humanoids/tikbalang) is kind of a go-to for Monstrous Physique II because it grants pounce and flight. Scent isn't bad. Hoof attacks are kind of hard to get, so that's a bonus.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-10-31, 09:50 AM
That is actually a really good form, though I don't see how it gets flight, sure it gets fly as a 1/day SLA, but MP doesn't grants them.

Novawurmson
2015-10-31, 10:24 AM
That is actually a really good form, though I don't see how it gets flight, sure it gets fly as a 1/day SLA, but MP doesn't grants them.

D'oh. I used it for a boss my players fought, but it was a bloodrager that got flight from its bloodline. That's why I was thinking about a flying tikbalang. Sorry.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-10-31, 10:29 AM
Don't worry, the Mage Hunter uses the Magus spell list so he can get flight through spells too. Still pretty awesome form and I don't know how I missed when I was checking the SRD for monster forms.

Novawurmson
2015-10-31, 10:58 AM
As a sidenote, if you want to make your players make a mess in their pants, have a halfling turn into a flying, raging, demonic, extremely fast horse-man and chase them through the skies.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-10-31, 11:33 AM
We are playing through Rise of the Runelords, so I don't know where and when I can drop that in... but I will! That sounds hilarious!

Novawurmson
2015-10-31, 04:40 PM
We are playing through Rise of the Runelords, so I don't know where and when I can drop that in... but I will! That sounds hilarious!

I mean, books 5-6 are just full to the brim of transmutation experiments gone wrong. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Here's the character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=473388). Note that he was done with a 35 point buy (my players all rolled the equivalent of 40+ point buys), has his HP maximized, and has a couple spells already cast (already noted).

Dusk Eclipse
2015-10-31, 08:17 PM
I'll make note of it, but books 5 and 6 are a loooooooong way off, we only have one session under our belt so far :smalltongue:

Diarmuid
2015-10-31, 09:15 PM
I'm confused about what the intent here is.

Is this for an enemy that would face the Kirito clone?

If not, why would the Kirito clone want an ability that turned them into a big Minotaur looking creature? That's not anything the character ever did in the show afaik.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-10-31, 09:44 PM
No, the character is supposed to emulate Kirito as he was during the Aelfheim arc, including spellcasting and a polymorph type ability, the halfling bloodrager is just an enemy that sounds hilarious and I want to include because again hilarious.