PDA

View Full Version : Portable Subterfuge on IOS and Android

axus
2015-10-26, 05:20 PM
Subterfuge is a "real time" strategy game, where it takes hours or days for your submarines to travel across the map. You can plan moves that execute immediately, minutes, hours, or days into the future. There are no game-enforced alliances, players are free to make and break informal agreements.

I've played one game so far, it had enough twists to entertain me. I helped my ally get within 24 hours of victory, and then betrayed him to rise from last place and eventually win the game.

You can upgrade your account for $10, which lets you join ranked games and schedule unlimited moves in advance. The free account has a limit of 4 scheduled moves, which was usually fine. You can set as many immediate moves as you like, and you've got 10 minutes to cancel an immediate move if you change your mind. You can cancel any of your scheduled moves, which I often did as situations changed.

It was enjoyable enough that I plan spend my Google credit soon.

Narkis
2015-10-26, 06:28 PM
It looks and sounds really similar to Neptune's Pride, a browser game I used to play way back when. Unfortunately, it had the minor issue of completely consuming my life. I'd check it constantly throught the day and even set up alarm clocks in the middle of the night, just to see if my attack succeeded, or if I had been betrayed and needed to respond or to send a message to my erstwhile allies with plans of a glorious future together when I was totally planning a backstab.

I think I'll pass on this one.

axus
2015-10-27, 01:14 PM
It looks and sounds really similar to Neptune's Pride, a browser game I used to play way back when. Unfortunately, it had the minor issue of completely consuming my life. I'd check it constantly throught the day and even set up alarm clocks in the middle of the night, just to see if my attack succeeded, or if I had been betrayed and needed to respond or to send a message to my erstwhile allies with plans of a glorious future together when I was totally planning a backstab.

I think I'll pass on this one.

Yeah, I've heard other people mention that game, and saying the basic gameplay is the same but with more features and the scheduling / time scanning. Out of the 7 days, there was one night I set an alarm clock :smallredface: