PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Blade of Devotion

1Forge
2015-10-26, 05:57 PM
Blade of Devotion (longsword)
Containing the soul of the first Paladin who gave not only his mortal life to the innocent and weak, but his immortal life to make this sword. When held by a person who is accepted by the sword the blade will ignite in a holy nimbus (use the 20th level devotion paladin ability) and the wielder will grow two flaming wings from their back (vengeance paladin ability) The user always has divine sense active while wielding this blade. Any attack made with this weapon does double damage to oathbreaker paladins, devils, demons, and evil aligned deities (but not undead).

These effects last for 1 minute after which the paladins soul inside is depleted and all effects stop immediately, after which it counts as a holy avenger. At the dawn of the next day the sword crumbles to dust and the paladins soul is released into eternal peace, the wielder of the blade is forgiven of any sins they committed if they prevail with this blade.

1d8 slashing+2d10 radient+3

This sword is designed to be given to my players if they reach level 20 in my game in order to kill the first death knight (who will be epic tiered for home brews sake)

it doesn't harm undead any more than normal because the first paladin wields this blade in my game while being undead (but still good) and because zombies didn't exist yet in his natural life.

JNAProductions
2015-10-26, 06:57 PM
Seems a bit unfair to everyone else. Why don't they get super smexy awesome gear?

And, while it's clearly OP as heck, you're also using it for an endgame, big bad showdown. So that's not a huge deal. Just plan for it accordingly

1Forge
2015-10-26, 10:24 PM
Seems a bit unfair to everyone else. Why don't they get super smexy awesome gear?

And, while it's clearly OP as heck, you're also using it for an endgame, big bad showdown. So that's not a huge deal. Just plan for it accordingly

Hmmm good point I do need to give "super smexy awesome gear" to everyone if I want to be fair... ok how about:

Barbarian: Spirits of the totem (unfinished because i dont know if he will stay with the game)
Bard The symphony stone: Your eyes shine bright as you become caught up in the subtle rhythm of everything, every attack againsed you has disadvantage. As you join in the chorus/orchestra you compel all hostile creatures near by to join in the song, they must success a charisma saving throw or become enthralled in the music, any time a creature starts a turn in the symphonys enchantment they lose 10 hp and you instead receive it. The song effect covers 60 ft and cannot be magically silenced. All arcane magic cast by an enemy fails and is absorbed into the universe.

Wizard, mass wish: Every weilder of magic from your wizard school has come together to combine their power, you contain all of their raw magical ability and can cast Mass wish. Mass wish works like wish exept it is muc stronger you may grant immunity vs one damage type to all allies within a kilomoter, you may reverse time up to 24 hours, ressurect anything and basically be overpowered.

Rogue temporal blade: Idk magic knife stuff ,You gain one use where you can see a foes life before you, you may cut out any event in their life with this knife, it dussolves after.

I'm sure I can think of more later but I'm not sure where all the story arcs will go.