PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Multiple Ring of Counterspell effects

g3taso
2015-10-26, 08:39 PM
I've got a ring of counterspells in PF, and I've got Greater Dispel Magic loaded on it. It automatically counterspells an opposing Greater Dispel Magic, but I've been thinking about defense "in depth".

I want [3] rings of counterspells on a single ring, allowing me to counter the first 3 greater dispel magics. Are there any rules against this?

The current ring's current PF construction requirements are Forge Ring, imbue with spell ability; Cost 2,000 gp. What would [3] of these cost on a single ring?

gadren
2015-10-26, 08:50 PM
By the guidelines in the DMG, a ring that works as 3 Rings of Counterspells should cost as much as 4 rings of Counterspells (1+1.5+1.5=4)

Those are just guidelines, mind you. DM has final say. I always thought this was one of the more straightforward ones, though.

g3taso
2015-10-26, 09:01 PM
I appreciate it! I still get confused between 3.5 and PF.

I do like the idea of ablative armor for greater dispel magic. Dispels normally only take off a spell effect so I like Suffer the Flesh and a Restoration spell later to put one to three Magic Mouths on me for the one to three spellcasters who will undoubtedly arrive one day by surprise to attempt to take my persistent spells down.