PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Gestalt Artisan, have no idea what to pick.

The Vagabond
2015-10-26, 10:46 PM
If you haven't heard of the Artisan, it's basically a Pathfinder artificer, a base class focused around item crafting. I have no idea what class to Gestalt it with, but I'm rather feat starved, at the moment, primarily because I'm designing him to be a sort of gunslinger-Blastificer fellow, sort of in the vein of Harry Dresden. As it is, however, I'm split between what to Gestalt him with.

My first thought was Wizard, because Wizards. They're the best at everything. Maybe go Scroll Scholar, but exploiter Wizard grants more feats, which I could use. Scroll Scholar is actually really good, since I'm going to be using a lot of those. In addition, the Dwarf FCB increases crafting time by 200 gp per level. Not sure if that's worth it, in comparison to 4 feats...

Alternatively, Arcanist. Grants bonus feats, and more than ever before. But can't get those Scroll Scholar buffs. Spellcasting I slightly prefer. All that jazz.\

Thirdly, a Psionic class. Not too familiar with Psionics, but giving it a shot might be decent.

Finally, and most surprisingly, Incanter or Thamaturge, from Spheres of Power. The only real area I can't duplicate rather well is the benefits of the Spheres of Power system, and I recently bought the PDF. I can craft Psionic objects, and Dorjes are awesome for blasting, since they're augmented automatically thanks to Psionic-Magic transparency, which makes blasting AWESOME for me, I can craft scrolls of Arcane and Divine spells as needed for the party, removal or no, I can summon, I can make demiplanes and all that... But Spheres of Power is outside my reach.

That, and it's simpiler than the regular pathfinder stuff, which is nice. I don't want to have to spend 8 hours constructing a spellbook for a level 20 character again.

So, in conclusion, which do you think is the best class for a level 21 dungeon crawl, the wizard, the Arcanist, or the Incanter?

meemaas
2015-10-27, 06:48 AM
My personal opinion is Incanter from Spheres of Power. Be sure you check out the magic items section from there because there are some adjustments made that would be use able when crafting items with sphere effects.

Just my two cents of course. I'm really loving SoP as both a player and a dm.

Milo v3
2015-10-27, 07:12 PM
I'd actually suggest the Vizier from Akashic Mysteries, it can fix your feat-starved nature, has a few artificer style abilities, and it's magical powers take the form of semi-real magic items. It's also very finely balanced.