PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Living without Honor: Dirty Fighter Handbook

Triskavanski
2015-10-27, 12:34 PM
Here's something I'm working on. My Dirty Fighter's hand book (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WPYR7NcMltWZilYkkfsQnVbwoPHB4dYJZ7uU3oDB5WI/edit?usp=sharing). Mind you Its a pretty big undertaking that I'm doing compaired to what I normally do.

Anycase, I'm looking for input, more dirty tactics and the like.

Vhaidara
2015-10-27, 01:15 PM
Interesting idea for a handbook.

I suggest including mention of both Summoner and Spiritualist in the classes section. Both classes have a gish chassis, allowing them to work on the front lines, and they have a built in flanking buddy, which works wonders with the Dirty Fighting feat. Further, the feat lets the your Eidolon/Phantom get around the Int 13 requirement for Improved Dirty Trick.

The specific setup I have is a Nagaji Spiritualist, using the Fractured Mind archetype and an Anger Phantom. It gives me 2 Str based characters who I can enlarge for extra reach, and both of them can drop Dirty Tricks from level 1 so long as they flank. My prize moment was when I, in 2 rounds, inflicted upon a boss Blind, Entangled, Tripped, and Sickened.

Triskavanski
2015-10-27, 01:48 PM
Yeah, the idea is to try to figure out small tactics that may or may not be thought of that aren't exactly breaking the rules of the game, or getting rules lawyery, rather focusing on the idea that there are those who don't just fight nicely, and fight dirty.

Also bringing to light some of the odder weapons and pieces of equipement that we don't see very often if at all, like poison sand tubes, and arrow shooters.

Triskavanski
2015-10-28, 04:25 PM
Added in some more weapons, some spells. There is quite a few scoundrally martial weapons.

The Random NPC
2015-10-28, 06:56 PM
I wanted to point out that the devs said Flanking is melee only, and that Gang Up doesn't remove that requirement.

Novawurmson
2015-10-29, 08:10 AM
The Mesmerist (especially the Vexing Daredevil archetype) is a pretty decent "dirty trick fighter in a can." Very good at being a nuisance while being difficult to pin down himself. See my mesmerist guide and feel free to pull anything from it that would help.

Barbarian/bloodrager/etc. are also a surprising good for CMB/disruption builds because of rage powers like strength surge and knockdown.

Triskavanski
2015-10-29, 10:04 AM
I wanted to point out that the devs said Flanking is melee only, and that Gang Up doesn't remove that requirement.

Well, that stinks. Would have been great for a ranged rogue.

I'll also take a deeper look into that mesmerist archtype and the barbarians there.

Triskavanski
2015-10-29, 02:09 PM
Would deadly grappler work when you're the one who's grappling?

I ask, because having a monk of the charging stag style who can apply his unarmed damage twice with a single charge during the surprise round

MasterFu
2015-10-30, 10:09 PM
The following options apply to Pathfinder characters:

Undines have access to a racial feat called "Hydraulic Maneuver" that will let them use the spell "Hydraulic Push" (which they also get as a 1/day SLA) as dirty trick (blind or dazzle). This applies to the spell, SLA, and class-granted usage of the spell but not to wands or other magic items. Quicken Spell/SLA would thus give you a dirty trick as a swift action.

Other useful feats include:

Greater Dirty Trick: Dirty tricks last longer, require a standard action to remove (instead of a move action).

Dirty Trick Master: Successive dirty tricks cause conditions to worsen (dazzled to dazed, entangled to pinned, shaken to frightened, and sickened to nauseated).

Equipment trick (net): This grants two useful tricks if you are proficient with nets and meet the other prerequisites (Improved Dirty Trick for the first trick, Improved Grapple for the second) . Either target (who must be entangled in a net you control) cannot take an action to remove any dirty trick conditions until it escapes from or bursts free of the net, or tie up a pinned target in the net as a swift action.