PDA

View Full Version : Computer Making Friends in Civilization: Beyond Earth

GreatWyrmGold
2015-10-27, 03:51 PM
I've been playing some Civilization: Beyond Earth lately, because even if I don't like the newer installments of the Civilization franchise as much as the older, they're not completely bad. I have a game where I have the top score and the #2 player seems to be coming closer to Transcendence than I, which I'm not interested in allowing. My solution? Attack her.

Since my military power isn't my strongest suit (I've had other nations say they're all laughing at me for it), I decided to not only start producing more military units (and stockpiling energy to purchase more with), but also get some friends. Step 1 in friendship seems to be getting a Cooperation Agreement, especially since a number of other things (paying people to like me, trading technology, etc) seem to require one. Unfortunately, I can't seem to make anyone like me enough to cooperate with me.

Does anyone have some advice about how to solve thee problems?

Dhavaer
2015-10-27, 06:54 PM
First up, are you playing with Rising Tide? The expansion completely changes the diplomacy system.

GreatWyrmGold
2015-10-28, 07:23 AM
First up, are you playing with Rising Tide? The expansion completely changes the diplomacy system.
I am not. I can't say I enjoy Beyond Earth enough to consider getting it at this point.