PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Unique Secondary Class] Marked; Wielders of the Outside

Xuldarinar
2015-10-27, 11:51 PM
(Abandoned)

Ethereal Gears
2015-10-28, 05:15 AM
So has the Marked officially been changed into a unique secondary class, rather than being its own base class? I think I rather like the concept, if so. Although, I am currently working on my own cosmic horror-themed base class, the nihilurge, so I may just be biased in favor of less competition in that arena. :P

No, but seriously, it's not especially similar to this concept except very broadly and in a few niche particulars, and at any rate there can never be too much eldritch abominable flavor about.

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of ideas to suggest for marked powers just at present, although I'm definitely looking forward to what you can come up with. I think it could be neat if the devourer mark somehow granted one or more abilities tied to planar travel and such. The way the titles are phrased currently, it seems awfully focused on the offensive and soul-eating aspect of devourers. I always liked the fact that they're doomed, lost travelers of the Great Beyond who ventured out too far. So something along those lines I think would be cool.

Cheers,
- Gears

Xuldarinar
2015-10-28, 12:36 PM
I'll have to look into that.

As for the names, they are broad ideas and hardly set in stone. I hope with this structure though, I'll get enough done it is usable. We'll see, however.