PDA

View Full Version : Chaos ensues IC

Alyka
2015-10-28, 12:04 AM
Hi all, This is the in character thread. Below I'll post the characters and players. If your status is complete please post one summary of your looks and attitude, maybe walk a day in your tattered shoes for those who don't want to read other players sheets. Continue using the recruitment thread for incomplete characters discussion and questions about the world.
Level ups and mechanics http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?454932-Chaos-ensues-reference-material&p=20033825#post20033825

Player "Race" Template Character
Chas Kramer "unblessed" Fallen Noble Biff (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=603877)
Cozja "Shadow's little helper" Savant Rasalgand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=603958)
Bluydee
Gremlin-pult "Lizard wot m8!?" Laborer Nik-Nak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=603823)
Omoikane13 "Blessings from above" service
Feirgon "unblessed" Service Joseph (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=604281)
J-H "Half high double wide" manufacturer Benadin (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=82362)
Mostly_harmless "Sleek" Fallen Noble Sylwyn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=604075)
Mentalyunstable "Big Bad Hug'" Laborer Rajin Dashi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=603676)
Shannny2k "Four seasons" manufacturer Ribles (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=604835)

Your religious institution preaches a council of three deities designed to keep the community self sufficient, compliant, and focused.
Kathuun, the redeemer. Guides the wicked or frail to pursue diligence in order to counteract their shortcomings. Preaches that people can be reformed by work and community.
Railiq, the nurturer. Responsible for sleep, healing, calluses, and preaches the importance of community day for the body and soul.
Purn, the herald. The forceful god responsible for the way the world is. He has given his chosen people the knowledge to create utopia and it is all beings responsibility to build this machination piece by piece.
Together they judge the dead by their work done and how mourned they are. If the council finds a person to be of superior stock that person may be reborn mightier and with authority to spur on progress. Those who fail to lift the world to a higher tier through work are reborn with fewer traits to make the next life even harder. For this reason every person has a random day off each weeks spent either at funerals to help those lost find a better afterlife, in prayer to aid others or request blessing, or with family mostly doing chores.

Each individual is expected to perform the job they were assigned at age ten for the rest of their lives. Every day they must meet the standard quota or face punishment. Physical jobs generally deal physical punishments, thoughful jobs generally deal mental punishments. for example; miners get lashes, seamstresses are seated upon hot coals, clerks face torture spells. Each person whose work allows them to see that a better world exists is cursed to intolerable agony in the mind and nerves if they dare to consider sharing what they know.

Personal wealth comes from exceeding quota, and only from exceeding. Meeting quota just means no punishment and minimum rations to survive for your expected caloric need. Any income earned is of little good but a little goes a long way here. Larger rations, ale, scrap materials to build with etc. are what you expect to afford. Most clothing and food comes from your employer, purchased or earned goods are made specifically to be of inferior quality to what is normally produced.

gremlin-pult
2015-10-28, 09:11 AM
And here, with no further ado I present:

A day in the life of Nik-Nak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=603823). Miner. Ankle-biter. Lizard.

Born with physical characteristics not at all like those of his parents, Nik-Nak cuts an imposing figure (This is self-proclaimed)
Just above three feet tall, Nik-Nak has a decidedly reptilian appearance, with a lizard face, clawed hands and digitrade, clawed feet. He is covered in dirt-brown dull scales, and a slim, dextrous tail peeks out from his pants. He is skinny and slight of stature, but his body holds a wiry strength that is entirely unexpected to those who judges by his appearance. Yellow snake-like eyes peek out from under a heavy brow of horn like protrusions, and his mouth is filled with short, pointy teeth. Excellent for biting things.
http://geddon.org/images/9/9a/Rsz_toadeyefin.jpg
The colors of the picture is wrong. But this is a pretty good idea of what he's like, nonetheless.

Nik-Nak is well aware of his role as a small person in a big world, But with an outlook most commonly found in small terriers, he fervently believes that size and strength comes not from your size, but from your mindset. If he believes it enough, he is actually much bigger and stronger than any tall folk. No matter what they say, dammit! And as a large person in a small persons body, he has a temper to match. Never shying from a scrap, Nik-Nak knows that he is actually much bigger than the rest of the world, When he needs to be.But despite his fiery temper and larger-than-himself perception of the world, Nik-Nak is in truth a simple lizard. He likes to mine, and to gather pretty things, and he likes to let out steam with a good fight. With these needs met, he is content.
But should someone deny him his pleasures... Well, hell hath no fury like a tiny lizard scorned...
Also, he's a biter.

"Nik-Nak knows. Nik-Nak is always careful, friend Marcus." The tiny lizard said to his fellow miner. The man gave him a doubtful look, then shrugged.

"Suit yourself, then. Just thought you should know that the boss is on the warpath, looking through everyone's bags."

"Nik-Nak thanks you, but he will be fine. Now he must go and fill his quota. rock does not mine itself, as father says." Nik-Nak retorted with a wave of his clawed hand, before skipping over to a section of the mine's wall. Hefting his prized pickaxe, almost as tall as himself, with practiced ease, He set to chopping into the stone, hitting the same spot with expert precision every time. Nik-Nak was in a good mood. Today was half-week in the mine, which meant that stew and ale would be served at a discount in the inn later that night. So the lizard chopped away merrilly, whistling to himself.

Many hours of hard work later, Nik-Nak joined his fellow miners on the way out of the mine, noting with pleasure that the infernal day star was setting,sparing his poor eyes from its hurtful glare. Today is a good day He thought with satisfaction It was bad for Nik-Nak when the new boss took away his collection, but a new one is already in the works, this time with shinies from outside the mine only.

"Hoh there, gents. Not so fast."
At the sound of the dreaded voice, Nik-Nak's mood plummeted. He looked up with a knot in his stomach as the arrogant young boss approached.
"Hello again, Lizard. I have a feeling you are up to no good as usual. Let's empty that bag, shall we?" The boss said with a superior sneer on his face.
"Of course, master Boss sir." Nik-Nak retorted with a servile tone. "Nik-Nak has nothing to hide. So Nik-Nak is sure he will soon be chowing on delicious stew, yes." He continued, as he emptied is bag, the remains of his lunch falling out on the ground, his new collection lying amongst them.

"Hmm, what have we here." The boss said, picking one of the shiny stones up from the ground. "This is obviously a stone from the mine. Stealing from our employers again, are we lizard?"
"N-no, of course not, Boss sir!" Nik-Nak exclaimed with a sinking feeling. "It is not from the mine. Nik-Nak remembers as if it was yesterday, which in fact it was, that he found it by the river when he..."
"Silence! I say this is from the mine! Are you, a lowly miner, accusing me of lying?" The boss roared, giving Nik-Nak a dangerous look.

Nik-Nak stared at his boss for a moment, almost shaking from anger and outrage. His face is right there. His snooty, stupid face! It woudl be so easy. Nik-Nak's claws would go snicker-snacker, and then no more stupid face... Nik-Nak shook his head, forcing the anger down.
"No, Boss sir. Nik-Nak was lying. Boss sir would never lie..." He mutters, defeat evident in his tone.
"Good. It is good that you admit your criminal tendencies. but you must be punished. Tonight your right to a discount is revoked. You shall pay full price for your ale and food." The boss said with a sadistic smile. He leaned closer and whispered to Nik-Nak. "Now get out of here, you pathetic little frog."

A short time later, the village inn...

"That's a shame mate, but look on the bright side." Marcus said, patting Nik-Nak on the shoulder as the lizard sat, nursing his beer with a dejected look on his face.

"Stupid boss took Nik-Nak's favorite shinies. Again! Even though Nik-Nak is a good worker, and always fills his quota..." The lizard murmured, looking down into the beer mug.

A flash of annoyance crossed Marcus' face and he snorted derisively. "Oh for Purn's sake, Man! He took half my wages just because I lay sick one day last week without notice! You just lost some damn stupid rocks!"

Nik-Nak sat up straight, his face completely blank. lifting his mug slowly, he drained it in one long gulp, before setting it down with a clank.
"Nik-Nak's collection..." He said, his voice tight with anger "...IS NOT STUPID!!" Screeching with fury, the tiny lizard jumped straight at the surprised miner, knocking him to the ground. Sitting on top of him he bit, clawed and punched, all the while screeching and roaring like a wild animal.
He fought viciously as he heard shouts around him, and was forcibly pulled of Marcus. His struggles only stopped when something heavy hit him on the head, and everything went black.

Some hours later, the infirmary...

"Nik-Nak is sorry for clawing and biting friend Marcus." Nik-Nak said as he held the frozen piece of meat against his eye, wincing at the pain and swelling.
"It's alright mate. I know I hit a sore spot about your rocks. I was just frustrated, is all." Marcus answered, wincing as well when a dab of alkohol was applied to the scratches on his face as disinfectant. "Dammit, that hurts! Why'd you have to claw my face?"
"Once again, Nik-Nak apologises. But it is all the stupid boss' fault. he makes Nik-Nak so mad!"
"Yeah, don't I know it..."

Fellows in their pain, the two miners then shared a beer and their bond of mutual hatred for the unfairness of their boss. And the lizard hoped for a better tomorrow...

Chas Kramer
2015-10-28, 11:08 AM
Here comes Biff (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=603877)

CozJa
2015-10-28, 11:41 AM
Here's pointy hatted Rasalgand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=603958)

Rasalgand is a Savant who seems like a pale and a bit ill little man, while, in fact, he is a shadow touched gnome, that despise his neighbours but is incapable to escape the plane he lives in. He always wears in black, and tries to evade the gaze of the people around him.
He has always a pointy hat on, (well, not when he is stealing something) because he believes that it's what a very intelligent man should wear

...deeply interested in otherwordly affairs, so spend most of his time studying the subject of deities and religion. Obviously he is a really bad worker because: 1) he lacks the strenght to do heavy manual labor. 2) he lacks the mannerism to do a service labor (he doesn't like people, and struggle to keep it to himself) and 3) he like studying more than living.
That said, he is a pretty good thief, for being little and shadowy, so he generally steal what he needs to eat during the night, trying his best to not being caught, while during the day he tries all his best to stay out of people's way.

He has almost always a bad attitude towards others and, but is enough of a coward ("wise" he would say) to don't let it slip too much
While he seems a bad person, in fact Rasalgand is more a distracted student. He really like to learn and understand new things, especially those that have nothing to do with his actual life. He is very well cultured and especially versed on matters of religion; he dreams to, one day, use his knowledge to teach the idiotic buffons that surround him how life should be really lived

Midday Rest

While the sun was lazily entering from the windows, the gnome was intent in reading one of the last books about Railiq's volunteers, while something struck him:
"Oh, father Golaron, I'm not so sure that the rightful interpretation of this verse is right... what about the tennants of Kathuun?"
"You think too much about those things," answered the old man with a gentle smile "and don't forget that your workplace is not here" he added, this time with a more worried face. "Officially, you are here only to bring me my meal, and don't forget what happened last time you were caught studying in the library!" He remembered ofr a moment the curse of the void, and let the question slip away.
"I should go father, my stupid work waits"

A happy evening

"Hey! Where's the mug of beer I asked for?"
The fat man on the table shouted louder than the rumors of washed dishes, and the innkeeper shouted even louder: "Rasalgand! Where the hell are you? Bring this damned beer!"
"Yes sir, I'm coming!" answered the gnome, who was thinking that the couple on the far side of the bar didn't seem to be so happy, and that the guardsmen drinking were going to be in deep trouble that night. "I brought all the beer you need!"
"It's about time you little stupid! You were daydreaming again, weren't you? Ah, it's impossible to find a decent help in this cesspool of town! Go now, and take those clients order!"
"Yes sir, I'm going!" answered the gnome, running as fast as his little legs permitted him (and it was fast enough, truth to be told!)

Some hour Later...

"The shadow be damnded!" thought Rasalgand "I almost stubled on this stupid board" Silent and fast, he took all the things he could find at the home he chosen this night. "That fat drunkard smells more than a outhouse, but at least he's got something good to eat" After filling up his purse, Rasalgand fled, walking in the night with even more haste than the day, passing buy a couple of guardsmen asleep on the job "Told ya..." he thought, before climbing over a fence to reach Hans for his appointment. "Meals for you, steals for me" he always said to the gnome, meaning that even his 'honest thieveries' were going to be controlled by someone in this town.
"At least tomorrow I'll sleep some hour more, who cares if I'm late at the Inn?" said to himself the little gnome, while a figure was slowly taking form in the darkness...

mentalyunstable
2015-10-28, 01:27 PM
Meet Rajin:

Rajin stands easily over 9 feet tall but do to his years slouched over digging graves his terrible posture and hunch makes him look to only be around 6'5". This also helps to make him look less intimidating, atleast for a troll. He has blue leathery skin and green that spikes out backwards and two large tusks sticking from his mouth. He is fairly slim for a troll since they don't let him eat much and his diet isn't normal for a troll, and frankly he has grown used to it by now.

Rajin has been around for almost as long as the town has and has been doing the same menial job for about just as long. He was born in this town and would be pretty sure he would die in it if he he had to worry about such things. His time here has pretty much drained all hope and fight out of him. He has seen generations come and go and he is sure to see even more. He pretty much keeps to himself as people are weary around him and he would rather not start trouble, though if something does start he isn't afraid to end it. He has seen just about all manner of death and he has become numb to it now. He no longer even fears it, he would be ready to embrace it if he thought it could get him out of this never ending cycle.

For a man with no hope or fight left, Rajin is extremely prideful and protective of his work and will not allow any harm come to the homes he has dug for those granted freedom from this hopelessness, the dead have paid their dues and someone should stand up for them.

A typical day for Rajin doesn't amount to much.
He wakes up in his little hut in the middle of the graveyard early in the morning. Heads to the church to check in with the priest there and to get some breakfast. After being told how many and how big the graves he must dig are he gets to work. A town like this sees its fair share of dead each day, and yet there always seems to be more to take their place. The task is big, but then so is Rajin, and working alone causes it to take up most of his day. He takes a short break to eat the sandwich he brings with him, and then its back to digging. Towards the end of the day he finally finishes the digging. He then heads back to the church to return his tools and get his much needed dinner. Once his stomach is no longer empty he makes his rounds around the graveyard, ensuring his neighbors houses are well maintained and undisturbed. Once he finds everything in order he heads back to his hut where he passes the rest of the evening working on a wood carving to send of each of the people who will soon be buried. By the time he finishes his carvings he has gotten tired enough from the day that he goes to sleep ready for the next day of the same old routine.
The only real variation in Rajin's life is funeral day, and its pretty much the only way he can tell a week has ended. Instead of digging holes all day he gets to sleep in a little longer than usual while people come to pay their "respects" to those who have died during the week at their funerals. It is after everyone has finally left that Rajin finally emerges from his hut to get to work. Now that the dead are in their new homes it's time to make them nice and cozy. Filling holes is much easier work than digging them, but now he has to do a week's load of graves instead of a days so it takes him a while. Before he fills each grave he places one of his carving in with the person to help them find their way towards their newfound freedom. Once the graves are filled his work for the day is done, but because of his late start he now does not have any time in the evening for hobbies. So to sleep he goes, ready to start the next week

mostly_harmless
2015-10-28, 02:21 PM
Here's what I've got so far on Sylwyn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=604075) as well as:

Sylwyn was the youngest member of an Elven family with claim to the various natural resources in the area. As nearby settlements grew and expanded, his mother's family moved to the growing metropolitan locales and prospered after they established a strong mercantile presence. Sylwyn's privileged youth soon granted him a life previously unknown to his kin as they viewed the illegitimate youth as am unfortunate consequence of a tryst his mother had with a passing forest ranger during the early expansions. Much later, much of his family's wealth and holdings were seized after his half-brother and sole remaining heir was implicated in embezzlement and his claim denied. Penniless, he now wanders town occasionally performing a small task that will pay for a few meals, though his passion for music has him performing at the local tavern for his meals and drinks as his only sole form of employment.

Sylwyn's boyishly tousled hair is the pale blonde common throughout his mother's family , though the vibrant green eyes and lithe build closely resembles that of his father. Even at rest, his eyes seem to gleam slightly as if lit from behind and after a few days away from a razor, his facial hair begins to show twinges of light copper. During the day, Sylwyn typically sports a threadbare shirt with trousers and riding boots both worn down. At nights at the tavern, he dons his only moth-eaten brocade jacket and "borrows" whatever accessory he fancies for an evening of carousing about town in a futile attempt to cling onto the little glamour he once had.

Sylwyn is rather light-hearted and easygoing, preferring to remain detached and aloof even as pressing take a dour turn. Unbeknownst to himself, his manner tends to come off as flighty and slightly condescending even to friends and family. Though his privileged upbringing has bred a taste for finer accouterments, many of his family attribute his empathy with the 'lower-classes" and various unsavory types common to the lower dregs as a symptom of his half-bred heritage. To date, there has yet to be a moment in which Sylwyn has neglected to indulge in what he considers a good time.

Early morning and throughout the day, Sylwyn wanders around looking for inspiration and muses on whatever catches his attention. As noon approaches, he will take a moment to admire nature and occasionally take an odd job or two. As dusk approaches, he takes his leave and washes up as best he can before waltzing off into the tavern for a night of carousing. If the owner allows it so, Sylwyn will perform for food and drinks for as long as patrons of the tavern continue to enjoy his company. As they close, he will offer to help clean should they permit him to sleep on the floor, if not he simply continues to wander until he can spot the sunrise and continues the cycle again. On Sundays whilst laborers toil in factories, Sylwyn spends the entire day and night composing outdoors and taking in whatever he can for his next piece.

Alyka
2015-10-29, 01:35 AM
It is community day for each of you. The day where it's your turn to give thanks, mourn the fallen, repair your shack, or get down with your mate. Whatever you did today it ends in the tavern cashing in your daily evening ration and an extra copper or two for something to get buzzed by. The next day will be as painful and 6/7ths of those that preceded it. But for a moment there is some relief thank Railiq.

For those working at the hotel, you expect to be brought back in a few hours as the ride takes time. Most sleep through the trip each night.

J-H
2015-10-29, 08:57 AM
Benadin Digadin
Benadin wakes up as the sky begins to lighten; his father and brothers rise at the same time, each of them carefully folding their individual blankets, and sweeping their hay 'mattresses' against the wall so that there's space to move around.

Together, they work to heat water and make a pot of hot ground cereal grains, which they share before quietly parting and heading to their different tasks. Benadin's father watches his boys go; as a maimed man with one arm, his work schedule is much less regular, although he's hoping to get to teach others and perhaps keep someone else from suffering an accident as he did. At least he taught his boys to be quick on their feet and stay alert, so that they could stay safe.

Benadin goes to work at the factory, where a clerk puts a mark by his name indicating that he's shown up on time. Benadin is smart enough and can do detail-work with his fingers, so he's one of several workers trusted to fill in for whoever is out on a given day, and to help with any minor repairs or maintenance on the machines. The day passes as many others do, with a short break where he gets to enjoy a few minutes sunshine while eating the factory-provided meal (rice, some kind of sausage, enough spices to make it edible, a watery glass of ale, and a very small piece of cheese, and a couple of slivers of dried fruit). Summer is ending, and the sun is already starting to go down when his shift ends. He goes home, stopping only to pick up the part of dinner he's responsible for buying for the four of them.

The day ends with quiet conversation and a few games of checkers played on the floor with reeds and colored stones serving as the pieces before the boys lay their tired bodies down to rest.

For a visual, just imagine a stereotypical dwarf, but with more dexterous hands and fingers. You'll be close enough.

Character sheet: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=82362

The economic description reads like a communist/state capitalism dystopia. Yuck.

Alyka
2015-10-29, 12:32 PM
Soon we will officially begin with Biff making an introduction.

Meanwhile a little about Ribles the multichromatic (goblin) little woman who works in the refinery. Her career began tending to fires for boiling oil tar, and molten metal. But with hard work and diligent commitment was promoted to perform the formulations and refining process, following strict formula and under heavy watch of course. A success story worthy of purns approval. But given a taste of alchemy brought an appetite for knowledge. It pains her that she will probably never be promoted again but tries so extra hard to earn it anyway, even at the cost of having a family.

She thinks that's ok though, her siblings have enough to compensate.

BTW there is maternity leave and pay, your ruling body and church see to it that raising workers has incentives.

Sylwyn. You've been discovered squatting at the hotel and banished to this town with no job assignment. You are not taken care of until you earn kathuun's blessing.

Chas Kramer
2015-10-30, 11:06 AM
"My fellow citizens lend me ears..." no, sounds lame.
"Hear me free women, free men, free ... uh... beings... " ugh, this is even worse.
Why, in the name of the Three, did his new friends give him such an embarassing task? Biff was a strong believer of mind-your-own-business-nism.
He was never a charismatic leader and never had interest in telling people what to do. Yet, giving more people the choice of freedom was the right thing to do, he could feel it. But being unable to find the right words was very, very frustrating and aggravating for the man. In fact, he entered the door of the tavern without the slightest idea on what he would say. So aggravating...

Inside the tavern, the usual scum was doing their best to enjoy a little rest, before being absorbed again in their daily nigtmares and hard-work routines. The man's entrance was barely noticed by the people inside. The ragged hood he was didn't hide his shabby brown-reddish beard, but was enough to conceal his fiery gaze. To the people inside, he was just another human ragmuffin. The man could barely draw breath and start talking, when a drunk guard confronted him and grabbed his lapel.
"Youuuu... you should get some rest now, sss...slave. Go home now... or I'll have your skin peeled off... you..."
Those guards...they were meant to watch that the workers in the tavern didn't make any trouble...but they usually exploited this occasion to eat and drink for free, and bully people around.
So very aggravating...
Biff was no fighter at all, but he had learned some tricks while living in the streets. Like that time he thought he could mess with that cute girl, and she almost broke his fingers...
With a rapid tourque of his body, Biff freed himself from the guard's hold, and at the same time he grabbed the fingers of his right hand in a painful grip. The guard yelled, but he was too drunk and surprised to effectively react, with his finger and arm twisted in an unnatural manner. Biff suddendly pulled the guard's arm, completely unbalancing him, grabbed his head and accompanied his face onto the edge of a table.
A thump. Then silence in the whole room.

"My ladies, my lords, now that I have your attention, allow me to show you something." Biff pointed at the guard, laying on the floor, groaning and holding his nose in his hands. A little pool of blood was forming underneath him.
"See? They bleed! Like any of us. Those enforcers, who expoit any occasion to bully us around, to humiliate us, to remember us that we are born to serve, and will die serving... they bleed. They even are less able to endure pain than we are, if you ask me. And they have no power over us, except the one that we allow them to have!"
Biff moved towards a kobold, sitting there, having a beer with a fellow human. "Have you ever dreamt to do that? To do something crazy? To show your jailers how you really feel about their orders? Well, friend, you are not alone. We are many. And when there are many of us, there will be no chain able to hold us. No whip to scare us. No prison for us, except the prison in our minds". Biff let his gaze indulge on his whole new platea.
"That's right folks. Our prison is only in our mind. All we have to do is WANT to be free. Understand the concept that this people don't have power over us, except the power that we, ourselves, give them!"
Biff's voice tone raised a little bit.
"I don't know you, brothers, but I am sure to know how everyone lives. Everyday, every single day equal to the one before, working until your back hurt, your hands bleed. The result of your work to be enjoied by some uppity noble arse, or self-righteous cleric. Your greatest achievement? a bowl of gruel and a mug of watery-ale."
"Do I come here, to you, offering something better? Offering you richness? The end of your fatigues? No. I only offer you FREEDOM".
Someone in the crowd murmured something, which sounded like approval.
Biff moved next to a dwarf; he had the tough body of his race, but strangely delicate fingers. "I come here offering you the most exausting and scary task you'll ever endured. I offer you the possibility of being masters of your own life. To be responsible for yourself. Enjoy the results of your own work, and pay the consequences of every error of yours. You will curse the day you've met me, sometimes. When you'll struggle to fulfil your own objectives, when you'll work harder than youl'' do now, when you'll regret the gruel that you're given for free now, you'll prefer you've never joined me, for a moment.... but you'll be free. Every struggle, will be one of your choice, you'll be free!"
Biff reached the table of a blonde elf. Compared to his beauty, the bearded human looked like a starving donkey next to a unicorn.
"That's right, brother." he whispered to him. " There will be the opportunity to learm, to teach, to understand. Knowledge will be free. It will be like drawing breath for the first time. Equally inspiring, equally painful. Trust me, I know".

Biff embraced again the whole tavern, he was almost shouting, now.
"So, folks. Your choice. Either you drag yourself, meaningless day after meaningless day, step by step cloeser your death. Or you join US. You JOIN THE RESISTANCE. "
The crowed started grumbling, but Biff couldn't tell if they were effectively cheering. He drew a crystal orb out of his pocket. He held it in his right hand, theatrically "BEHOLD! BEHOLD WHAT KNOWLEDGE I OFFER, AND STATE YOUR CHOICE!!!!"

Biff tried to shatter the globe with his hand...well...maybe with two hands and with a little more strenght...
A muffled grunt came out of Biff's throat, as he arched an eyebrow, and tried his best to conceal his effort. A cough from the silent crowd... What was the orb made of, anyway?!
"Behind you!!!"
A voice in the crowd warned Biff just in time. The guard had stood up (sorta), and tried to snatch the man from behind. Biff reacted instinctively, and managed to crash the orb directly on the guard's face.
Down he fell again. A puff of glowing vapor came out of the shattered orb...

Alyka
2015-10-30, 12:46 PM
The barkeep had remained silent so far, the other enforcers amused by their friends humiliation. But now that the rant is over they took their cue to quell the rebellion.

"You've got spunk lad, now its time to show you why we're in charge. You had a good point, these workers can't take care of themselves. But nobody lives for free not you and not us. Not even the beating you're about to get can save you from purn's wrath. Ya heathen."

The orb unleashed a wave of kowledge within each of you. Spells, maneuvers, anatomy, math, science, engineering, and a vision of alien promises flash before your minds. This man has given you the power to do anything imaginable, from beyond comprehension. Three enforcers are scrambled amongst you with clubs drawn. The barkeep lashes a whip from behind his 5' cover.

No initiative this round. Anything goes, cower in a corner or help the speaker are the obvious choices. If you don't post by midnight Monday the guards might get you.

Terrain is difficult but generally you can get around in a move action. There are civilians panicking to get to the corners. You are not limited to dnd spells, you can get creative but they should not be almighty, your still only level 0-1 with a temporary boost.

J-H
2015-10-30, 04:47 PM
Benadin
Benadin's eyes lose focus for a couple of seconds as visions flash through his head. Some of the runes and patterns of light and shadow seem almost familiar, like something he's read before.

Acting on instinct, he scoops a bit of sawdust off the floor. Holding it in his palm, he blows it towards the nearest enforcers. Rest

The closest one sags as his eyes go shut. Benadin steps behind him quickly and palms the man's dagger and coin pouch as he gentles his fall to the floor.

Sleep-type effect, probably in a cone, probably 15'? The rest is pretty standard sleight of hand type stuff

mentalyunstable
2015-10-30, 06:05 PM
Rajin is at first overwhelmed with knowledge he did not even know could exist, but then he sighs. He has seen men try to struggle, fight, or even run from their miserable lives before, but nothing ever this impressive before.
For a moment he considers if he should get involved, then he thinks to the dead he has buried and how some of them had gotten to be there, and decides he is dead either way.
When this man's plan failed everyone present would be made an example of. This man had, whether knowingly or not, sentenced them all to their demise. Rajin may wish for death so that he can be free, but he isn't going to just going to let others suffer so he can finally have his wish.
Plus the prospect of getting his freedom in life intrigued him in a way he didn't think possible.

As two of the guards approach some frightened workers in a corner Rajiin reaches out his arms and grabs a hold of them. As he pulls them in he wraps his long arms around their necks and squeezes until they both pass out.

Rajin turns to the frightened workers.
"Don't just stand there." He bellows. "Whether we like it or not we are now a part of this man's revolution. Involvement or not all present will be punished for simply being here for fear that we may one day later be inspired by this event and choose to take a stand then. So forget fighting for your freedom, fight for your lives and those of your friends here. If you don't fight, death is all that awaits us."

Rajin turns to face the panic. He is ready to finally be released from his suffering, whether it be in life or death.

Alyka
2015-10-30, 10:54 PM
With the three rear guards, and a FEW of the civilians, subdued the original enforcer tries to run for the door. (AOO available to Biff and the next poster if they want it, though the only obvious implement is a spoon or nat weapons). The bartender lashes out with his whip, splitting a gash across a panicked commoners face which sprays blood across the bar and his comrades. The whipped man falls in place.

Wasting no time the bartender also sends a lighter lashing to the mesmerized, prone, enforcer. (who as I mentioned was armed with a club, no daggers involved as they don't want to risk self harm from workers. most meals are spoon friendly and all work tools stay on site. And yeah that's right this mofo's got 6/1 Bab, deal with that :P) waking him while causing minor harm.

Grey is Benanin casing sleep. Lime is Rajin, going to choke the two red enforcers to the left. Orange is Biff next to the original red enforcer. Maroon is barkeep. The rest of you are wherever you say you are. Black lines are swinging doors, square tables circle stools you get the picture right?

http://i.imgur.com/WYp0QHY.png

mostly_harmless
2015-10-31, 12:35 AM
Shortly after the patron began a speech regarding freedom and rebellion, Sylwyn listened and thought, "Hmm, man has the makings of an orator to say the least." As patrons began to turn and towards the glowing orb in the man's hand, Sylwyn eyed the now unattended drinks with a gleam and snatched one. A light flashed as soon as he put the mug to his lips and Sylwyn was stunned, "My my, if there ever was hope for the misfortunes of the working class, it must indeed lie here, huh." As his eyes opened he awoke to find the bar erupted into chaos. Taking his chance, Sylwyn lay low as the patrons scattered and he gladly took to downing their drinks for them.

What's the plan once we leave the tavern?

CozJa
2015-10-31, 03:06 AM
The gnome listened at what he thought was a madman, but after every word he heard, he felt something growing in his heart, stronger and stronger. When the orb exploded, for the first time in his life Rasalgand knew what he had to do. "Now it's time to have fun!" he said, with a wicked smile.
Using his position near the barkeep, but still unnoticed, he tries his best to stay unnoticed, and, with a power he never heard before, unleash a rainbowy colored cone towards the two guards on the table next to him, hoping to see a lot of chaos.

A simple prismatic spray, directed towards the leftmost guards on the table, so that Rajin can have a better time dealing with them.
Since Rasalgand is really short, I'm counting (hoping :smallbiggrin: ) for the table to give him concealment from the barkeep

J-H
2015-10-31, 03:21 AM
Even in poorer medieval times, people still had meat a couple of times per week. Unless it's all on the bone or in soups, they have knives to cut meat with. Tableware as we know it didn't exist; people would carry a spoon and a small knife to eat with. Most people will have access to a cooking/eating type knife at the least.

From there, it's reasonable that the enforcers would have better tools available, and it's the rare police officer who doesn't carry a small, concealable backup weapon. A dagger is the likeliest choice for that.

Do we all get to go again? A DM in one game I'm playing will end his posts with

=> Everyone
or
=> Bob and Jane
to clarify who needs to act next.

gremlin-pult
2015-10-31, 04:48 AM
Watching the events unfold from his stol at the bar, Nik-Nak was taken completely by surprise.
"Speeches and bright lights..." He muttered, blinking in confusion as the people around began to do all sorts of magicky, not very peasant-like things. "Nik-Nak doesn't understand." The lizard said, actually geting quite annoyed that his drinking and brooding was so rudely interrupted.

As the guards began falling to the floor and the barkeep started lashing out with his narsty whip, the annoyance turned to anger. But a different anger then normal. Stronger, Nik-Nak noted. And Nik-Nak knew anger. With an incoherent scream, he grabbed the barkeep by the neck, and smashed his head against the bar, twice for good measure. He then hauled his up with a grunt, over the bar and across the room, the man crashing down on top of a table near the far wall of the room.
Nik-Nak stared at his own handiwork with openmouthed astonishment for a second, before puffing out his chest.
"Nik-Nak is done with taking orders from stupid mine boss and other bastards!" He exclaimed loudly, climbing onto the bar "For freedom... And for shinies!!"

So what i basically do is haul the bartender bodily across the room. Not something super fancy, but certainly something no ond experter a little kobold was capable of.

Alyka
2015-10-31, 10:00 AM
6/8 replies, I suppose it's next round.

The guards against the wall and a fetal position bystander are blinded, deafened, numbed, muted, glowing, slowed, and fatigued by the rainbow.

The awakened guard stands then approaches Biff, replacing the one that fleed.

Bartender, now near the central table makes two attacks at Nik-Nak. The first splits the low mid table in two, removing it as cover for the kobold and gnome. His next strike is dodged with an acrobatic leap.

Sorry guys but I'm going to make some I intervention here, Without his own will to do so Biff immolates the running enforcer as he grabs the door. The man burns a brilliant blue from within and crumbled to the floor.

Ribles and Joseoh hide under the top mid table taking it all in.

Alyka
2015-10-31, 10:17 AM
Even in poorer medieval times, people still had meat a couple of times per week. Unless it's all on the bone or in soups, they have knives to cut meat with. Tableware as we know it didn't exist; people would carry a spoon and a small knife to eat with. Most people will have access to a cooking/eating type knife at the least.

From there, it's reasonable that the enforcers would have better tools available, and it's the rare police officer who doesn't carry a small, concealable backup weapon. A dagger is the likeliest choice for that.

Do we all get to go again? A DM in one game I'm playing will end his posts with

=> Everyone
or
=> Bob and Jane
to clarify who needs to act next.

As far as you all knew you were free peasants. In reality is more like prisoners put to work in a wide cell, no knives.

I'll get more formal with rolls sheets and layout when the brawl is over.

J-H
2015-10-31, 02:06 PM
Benadin

Ok, in that case he grabbed the guard's club as he fell.

As the bartender launches a vicious assault on someone else, Benadin throws the club at him, hoping to catch him by surprise.

Attack [roll0] plus modifiers
Damage [roll1] plus modifiers
Clubs can be used as a thrown weapon with 10' ranged increments.

mentalyunstable
2015-10-31, 04:12 PM
As the bartender is momentarily distracted from being hit by a club Rajin charges at him in an attempt to wrestle him to the ground where he can use his tusks and size to his advantage

Alyka
2015-10-31, 04:38 PM
Benadins club lands bulbous side flat against the upside of the bartenders head with an audible knock. The burly recipient turns his violet eyes to the hurler. And with both hands winds up for a severe lash out.

At the peak of this wind up an overly tall green fellow charges in grabbing the bartender's wrists and planting both knees against the whippers back. They fall prone and scramble for dominance.

Chas Kramer
2015-11-02, 06:23 AM
Biff was near the door, and from there he could see the whole mess he managed to cause.
There were no roaring flames...yet. But it was impossible to ignore that his actions had started quite a metaphorical fire.
If it wasn't for the flash of insight that he was experiencing, he would've been quite disappointed with himself. However, he could understand why things existed now. And with his Sight, he could see all those souls breaking out of oppression. Even the panicked civilians' souls seemed to cheer at the opportunity they had been given, even if their mortal shell was suffering.

No time for self loathing, better put his newfound knowledge to some use...
The guys fighting the guards were doing pretty well. No need to intervene, yet. But all those people would nead a means to escape...sooner or later.
Therefore Biff went outside, in the cold breeze...as he inspired the cold air, he felt the simphony of the world and the note of every living being. He attuned to it...or better yet, he concentrated on a single tune of it. Finally, he "whinnied". He emitted a single neigh, echoing as an imperious call!!

Biff tries to call nearby horses, hoping that some of them come to him and obey his orders. His plan is to use them as a ride, for him and anyone who wants to follow.

shannny2k
2015-11-02, 03:06 PM
Round 1:
Ribles being naturally attuned to the elements is naturally drawn to their powers when the orb breaks. The knowledge on how to breath fire into the furnaces is the first of many to catch her attention. As soon as she realizes it is something she can do, something she can do right now, she knows she must try it out. Ribles takes a deep breath, mixing it into the fire within, and breaths out in a stream of smoke. "That's not right." She thinks in annoyance, trying again while mixing more fire into the breath in, and expelling it all at once. The table and chairs in front of her burst into flame.

Round 2:
Ribles panics for a moment. Setting fire to things that aren't her own is a quick way to get arrested, or worse, demoted. As the horrible consequences flash before her mind a solution pops into her head from information she didn't know she had. She takes another deep breath, mixing it with the coldest water she could manage, and breathing out. The table in front of her was now frozen solid instead of flaming. She supposed that was a reasonable solution, nodding to herself, wondering what else she might be able to do with these powers.

If someone attacks from behind I'll fart an element on them, not realizing that I could do it but not being too surprised considering the last two rounds. Assume the table I set on fire/freeze isn't too close to the rest of the action so that my retroactivity doesn't mess anyone up.

Alyka
2015-11-03, 11:50 AM
Joseph, Sylwin, Rasalgand, and Nik-Nak It's your turns.

Feirgon
2015-11-03, 02:03 PM
Very sorry, the weekend was much busier than expected, as was the work day yesterday.

Joseph

Joseph was still.

When he had entered the bar, he chose to take the simplest seat. Choosing to sit at the table close to an exit meant he could quickly leave the bar if any fighting were to break out. Despite this, Joseph didn't leave.

A world where I can make my own choices...

The world continued on, as it always did. Hiding beneath his table, he watched. And as he caught the eyes of a guard, he saw into his mind. And inside that man's mind, he saw the darkest part of his past.

...his dead son...

The guard then stopped, color left his face, and he became catatonic.

Something akin to a fear/mind control affect on the once sleeping guard.

Alyka
2015-11-03, 05:32 PM
The fleeing guard stops suddenly before the door then mutters to himself, "I had this coming, its best to face this head on" then raises his fist and attempts to strike Joseph.

AOO for Joseph for unarmed attack.

the guard interpreted the spell as suggestions . that this is his fight, he can not abandon it.

mostly_harmless
2015-11-03, 05:44 PM
Sylwyn lets out a slight laugh at the ensuing chaos, taking in several sips of the various drinks left behind as he eyed what now appeared to be an unguarded bar. Overcome slightly with the prospect of his daily food and drink within grasp, he waltzes on over towards the bar to see the burly barkeep wrestle upon the floor with an even larger creature. "Excuse me," Sylwyn pilfers the finer bottles currently within reach and picks up the club upon the floor. Sylwyn ponders for a moment, then without hesitation brings down the club upon the barkeep's head.

[roll0]

Feirgon
2015-11-03, 05:49 PM
Joseph

Joseph's eyes go wide. He wasn't expecting the guard to go after him, but it isn't like he had much of an idea of what he actually just did.

Instinctively, Joseph holds up his left hand and feels a strange surge of power emanate from his palm.

This can be anything from a defensive spell like shield; an offensive spell like force bolt; or something completely different! :smallcool:

gremlin-pult
2015-11-03, 06:08 PM
As he watched the innkeeper get back on his feet, Nik-Nak felt another surge of anger course through him. He wasn't sure what should happen, but the guy getting back on his feet after being tossed was just rude!
"Nik-Nak will make you regret whipping people, and not staying down!" He exclaimed, and reflexively bent his legs. As he bent down he felt a surge of strength go through his body, along with an instinctive knowledge of what to do. With a screech he jumped of the bar, soaring through the room straight toward the innkeep. With his claws outstretched, he collided with the mans head, scratching furiously with strength he had no idea he possessed.

Nik-Nak jumps the innkeep,using the maneuver "Soaring raptor strike" from the tiger claw discipline in Tome of Battle, combined with the "Leaping dragon stance", which gives +10 to jump checks. You make a jump check equal to the foes AC, with a +4 to hit. If it succeeds you do your normal damage, +6d6 extra damage.
Dunno if rolls for attac, damage and such is required in this introductionary brawl, but here they are to be sure.

Jump check: [roll0]
attack roll: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]
extra damage: [roll3]

Alyka
2015-11-03, 09:36 PM
The second smack on the head from a club had the bartender woozy, pinned beneith the large green man he was barely struggling when blood began to gush from his mouth. Nik-Nak had come down like a comet from the heavens and slashed in a frenzy that could barely be seen. His first strikes bore clean through Rajin's back and chest then the rest caused the bartender's entrails to violently spurt out in a misty cone above them.

Sylwyn stood mouth agape and riddled with blood, he looked down at the club in his hand then cast it aside. This fight was beyond any measure of violence he had ever known. There is more to learn to catch up, if he could muster the guts to live down this gore bath. Maybe more booze, the bar might not suffice.

Joseph peeked out from clenched eyes, his assailant stood before him like a comical statue mocking him. The guard had mimicked his pose, sweating purfusely and eyes darting.

Rajin is unconscious and glad because it would feel weird to feel a lizard man crawl out of your carcass while your body tries to heal around it.

Horses sheep pigs goats and cows stampede towards the tavern. It's not I conspicuous.

The orbs effects end. Next round

Feirgon
2015-11-03, 10:09 PM
Joseph

Joseph turns his head to look out the nearest door. He then looks back at the guard. Then he makes haste to the exit, caring little to see how much the guard is going to mimicking him. And caring less so if their are obstacles in the way of said mimicry.

He is escaping and perhaps knocking the guard out by making him run into a nearby wall.

Alyka
2015-11-03, 11:10 PM
You all forget the details of the orb's information but any lingering spells remain. It is obvious that the information is no longer there though you do not forget what you have done just how exactly you did it.

Joseph gets out of the tavern next to Biff, stopping abruptly to avoid a cow that decided to park itself at he tavern's stoop. The chasing guard stumbled over a table, ending the spell and leaving him groaning and prone. The two incapacitated guards have flailed around unaware for now that they have broken most of their bones in the process, their expressions are of dread terror. Ribles is annoyed that things have gone back to normal already, then begins to notice that the tavern isn't in such normal shape.

Rasalgand, disappointed with the guard's aptitude for getting out of spells quickly launched one last attempt as the orb expired. The tripped guard began laughing maniacally then shouted "No strings!" and impaled his head on a broken table leg. [Insanity spell]

Benadin considered the next necessary action. He concluded that either the writhing guards should be put out of their misery or Rajin should be carried away, preferably without Nik-Nak consumed in his flesh.

mentalyunstable
2015-11-04, 01:18 AM
Rajin lays there unconscious a top the barkeep as his body does what it does best, heal. The blood from the hole in his chest quickly stops spilling into the bar and the hole slowly starts to get smaller.

mostly_harmless
2015-11-04, 01:44 AM
Sylwyn takes a deep breath before removing his now bloodstained jacket and carefully wraps the unopened bottles within. His eyes remain silent and unfocused as he takes a swig from a nearby mug and hands it over to Rajin. "Your first?" Sylwyn asks before eyeing the bloodied club and elects to keep it close.

CozJa
2015-11-04, 05:22 AM
Rasalgand, as he sees the guard going out of his mind, and all the ruckus provoked by the stampede, sprints toward the bar, while Sylwyn takes some bottles.
He stops for a moment, pondering about the power he felt in the last seconds and that now seems gone like a flicker out of the corner of his eye.
Sadly, what's in front of his eyes is a disgusting gory mess, and he must contain itself to not throw up his last launch. "I need something to do!" he says, "Something OUTSIDE!" he then adds, eyeing the animals and people out of the door.

J-H
2015-11-04, 08:09 AM
Benadin

The dwarfish man looks around. "What a mess..." I'm not sure these guards deserve even that. Grabbing one of the clubs, he gives each of the guards a thump on the head, rendering them unconscious.

With those not under the influence of the orb having fled, it's easy to spot his injured ally - the one bleeding on the remains of the barkeep. "Come on, let's get you out of here." He raises his voice and addresses everyone. "We just fought some guards, a couple of you killed them, a bunch of people saw...well, whatever happened... and then ran away, and there's an animal stampede out front. We need to get out of here before more guards show up."

After dragging Rajin out from behind the bar, Benadin puts him down for a little while, as he steps into the kitchen area to verify that there's a back door leading outside; he returns, and starts going that way.

Nonlethal damage on the guards. They won't remember much anyway.

Feirgon
2015-11-04, 10:46 AM
Joseph

Joseph finds the nearest dark alley in which to rest and hide.

What just happened?

And where are all these animals coming from?!

He takes a few deep breaths and composes himself. He then looks around to make sure he hasn't been followed. His eyes keep focusing on the tavern.

I wasn't the only one...I wonder if that Biff individual has any answers.

Joseph then cautiously leaves the alleyway to see where Biff and perhaps the others have gone.

He will avoid going into the tavern, but he will be keeping an eye out for people leaving.

Alyka
2015-11-04, 12:51 PM
I made a thread for not quite in character stuff. I plan to use it to document things the party has learned like places, cultures, clues, and progression. Anything that might need to be referenced without wading through combat and dialogue. Your level 1 stats are now up there, any changes to what you already have replace the current set. PM me if I missed anything. HP is maxed die, please add your con mod.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?454932-Chaos-ensues-reference-material&p=20033825#post20033825

Chas Kramer
2015-11-05, 07:26 AM
As the effect of the orb snapped out, Biff was stupidly looking at the stampeede he'd caused, with some unanswered questions in his mind.
First one being "How did I do this?", second, and most important, being "Why oh why?", third being "what now?"
As he was nearly trampled by a strangely hyperkinetic swine, the third question quickly found its answer." get the hell out of here".

He quickly fled away from that unlikely animal convention and found safety in the same alley where Joseph was.
"Oh! ... Greetings" It was clear that the man had as many questions as Biff had. "Ehm.... diversion! The stampede will provide an excellent one. "
Well, it was almost believable. Biff forced himself to think quickly, and look for a way out for him and anyone who would follow him.

CozJa
2015-11-05, 08:32 AM
Rasalgand, seeing the stange madman that begun all this disaster (a disaster he deeply liked) decided to take a sprint for the exit, and follow him.
He juggled a bit between the animals and the people escaping, all too panicked to give him attention, and reached the alley in wich he saw the man enter.
With him, there was another one, a shadowy figure that Rasalgand, without fully understanding why, found immediately pleasurable.

gremlin-pult
2015-11-05, 10:18 AM
Sitting atop the fallen innkeep. Nik-Nak scratched his head, with a lost expression on his face. "What happened? Nik-Nak wanted to jump at the stupid innkeep and his stupid whip... Except Nik-Nak really, REALLY jumped..." He said. Looking down, he noted the gore covering his body, and remembered jumping through the really tall ones chest. "Odd..." He muttered.

Getting to his feet, he looked around at the chaos, with a bemused expression. "Nik-Nak is very confused... Perhaps he should go and take a nap. Then everything will make more sense, yes." He said, and then took a step toward the front door. He then recalled that he had, in fact, never paid the mean innkeep for his beer. A sly smile crossed stretched across his muzzle, and with a snicker he turned around and ran out the backdoor on all fours.

Outside he saw a whole bunch of people who were standing in an alley. Noticing that they had also been involved in the odd stuff inside, and that one of them was in fact the one he'd chest-jumped, Which he should probably apologize for, Nik-Nak decided to walk over to them.
"Hello. Nik-Nak wishes to know if Nik-Nak is dreaming, or if weird jumpy flashy boomy stuff really just happened in the inn. It's all very confusing to Nik-Nak."

Feirgon
2015-11-05, 12:27 PM
Joseph

To say that it didn't take long for Joseph to find Biff, would be an understatement. In fact, it almost seemed as if Biff had found him.

I ...

Joseph had begun to speak, but he suddenly found his mind drowning in a sea of questions. He was grasping at incomplete ideas and half considered questions. After what seemed like an eternity in his mind, he finally found some words that made sense.

My name is Joseph.

What?! That wasn't a question! This isn't a time for decorum! I need answers and I need them now! How about I ask him about the orb? Ok.

What was...

But that question never was completed as Biff seemed to want to make haste away from this locale. Also, more people were now joining the two in the alleyway.

Joseph let out a silent sigh.

I guess we should find a place more conducive to conversation, do you have a place in mind?

mentalyunstable
2015-11-05, 01:57 PM
Rajin slowly begins to stir as the hole in his chest begins to close. As his eyes open he is a little confused at why he is not only no longer in the bar, but also seems to be surrounded by several of the people involved in the fight.
Rajin groggily attempts to stand and get a better feel for the situation.
"what happened?" he asks as he touches the hole in one of the few pairs of clothes he owns. "last thing I remember is holding down the barkeeper"

J-H
2015-11-05, 03:27 PM
Benadin
Benadin looks up at Rajin after the tall man stands. "I don't know, but after that orb was cracked things got pretty crazy. We had to fight off some guards and the barkeeper, and then we escaped. We need to move on before more guards get here.

I don't know what happened...but things are going to change. I think I can do things I couldn't do before."

Alyka
2015-11-05, 04:14 PM
The animals out front scatter causing a very wide distraction. Interestingly 5 horses and 5 ponies calmly trot to and wait at the end of the ally.

Biff "uh...there's our escape exactly as planned."

Rajin "good work, but there's no guarantee dat I won't loose an organ on horseback tho"

Ribles "I think I can freeze your guts in place, or cauterize it".

Rajin " No no no no nah, I don't do well wit fire"

Benanin is recalling bits of information from the fight. What each person did and scraps of arcane knowledge he retained. "You, Biff right? Give her your fire magic. And you, can you change it to ice?"

The groups looks perplexed but attempts to follow the suggestion. Biff produces two motes of red mana floating in his palm and hands them to Ribles. The short woman clenches her fist around them, absorbing the motes and generating a blue pair in her other hand with an astonished look. In her mind memories of formulas relating to plants animals minerals and magics that bind the planes become slightly clearer.

Benanin takes the motes and puts his other hand to Rajin. "From meat to flesh" a blue light and a sound "recconed" burst into the green man's torso. His condition improves, so the spell is cast again.

Rajin" dat's much better. Tank you all. Let's get going."

Chas Kramer
2015-11-06, 07:17 AM
All was happening so fast... Biff had been a spoiled brat until a year before now, a self righteous rebel and self-imposed alley rat untill a week before now... and now he was discovering a whole new world, where people fought for their freedom, and where he was able to bend reality. And share this gift with his companions, no less!

Biff approached one of the wandering horses. It seemed quiet, as the other ones.
Then, talking to his newfound companions: "We all have many unanswered questions. There will be time to answer them. I'll be taking you, to those who can help with those riddles, if you like. Let's go now. "

shannny2k
2015-11-06, 05:12 PM
Ribles is fascinated with the motes she just changed from red to blue. How did she do that? And more importantly how did this person know that she could do that? And even more importantly, did they know how to teach her to do more just like that?

Ribles watched as the man approached the calm horses while telling the group that, if they wanted, they could follow and learn more about these riddles. Now, Ribles was not a riddler, but if they guy could teach her then she was willing to follow and learn.

"I'm in." Ribles said as she walked towards one of the pony's, climbed into the saddle, and pointed the pony at the group expectantly.

J-H
2015-11-06, 05:34 PM
Benadin
"We should get going, but we don't want to be caught. Stay to the mid-sized roads. Does anyone have a safe place to go, or are we going to try to get out of the city?"

As the others look on, Benadin closes his eyes, and his body shifts. He gains an extra head of height, his beard turns into neatly trimmed whiskers, and his skin appears to harden to the semi-hardened calluses that some of the laborers have.

Alter self type effect. Minor height change, +2 NA, and cosmetic alterations. Nobody should recognize him, which'll keep his family safe. Hopefully it lasts until we're safe.

He walks over to one of the ponies and tentatively climbs on, having never been on a horse or pony before.

Feirgon
2015-11-06, 06:25 PM
Joseph

Joseph pulled on the energies within him and drew a dark mote into his right hand. He then looked at one of the horses and nervously approached it. He then gently touched the horse with the dark mote. The horse's mane change slightly darker as it was now sharing its thoughts with Joseph.

Joseph nodded with a slight smile and then climbed onto the back of the beast.

I could definitely get used to this...

Essentially, a mind meld to help the two not scare each other.

gremlin-pult
2015-11-06, 08:35 PM
"Nik-Nak isn't sure about this..." The lizard said hesitantly, glaring suspiciously at the nearest horse. The horse looked back at the bloody little creature with just as much apprehension. "Nik-Nak would very much like to know what is going on, making Nik-Nak able to jump through people, Which Nik-Nak is very sorry about, by the way!" He adds quickly, with a glance over at Rajin.
"But Nik-Nak does not like horses. They are much too big and stompy for Nik-Nak's tastes... Besides, Nik-Nak is a miner, and therefore has no idea how to ride. So Nik-Nak is in a bind, you see."

CozJa
2015-11-07, 02:38 AM
Rasalgand, convinced and intrigued by the words of the strange man, decided to follow them; He tried his best to get onto a horse, but his little frame was unable to mount the great (for him) animals that were passing by, he saw his other "companions" preparing to ride away, while the lizardling was in a similar situation.
"Eh, magic powers or not, little people are always unfavored" he said, approaching Nik-Nak "Maybe we could search for a more diminutive animal?" he asked, without knowing for sure if the creature in front of him understood what he said

mentalyunstable
2015-11-07, 03:21 AM
Rajin stood too his full height as he stretched, now feeling better but not exactly sure how. He looked as the group around him jumped onto horses that were much to small for him and worried if he somehow did get on if his weight would not simply break its back.
Rajin saw how two of the smaller ones in the group seemed to be having trouble getting onto the horse.
"I don't think da horse would like it very much if I tried ta get on it, but if you'd like I could give da two of you a lift up? "

Alyka
2015-11-07, 03:23 AM
Half of the horses are ponies which should be proper for small size characters. One of your party members showed the ability to calm his steed magically, perhaps he could do the same for a nervous rider? In an aside I once played a poisondusk lizardfolk, he became the party leader's hat when not in combat and post-mortus, I'd recommend Nik-Nak getting a piggy back ride on a horse ride.

To recap:
Biff and Joseph are on horse
Ribbles and Benadin or on pony

Rasalgand and Nik-Nak are uneasy about mounting.
Rajin is now fully healed but has not decided on riding.
Sylwyn has not confirmed his position since the brawl concluded inside.

A Bull moos furiously towards the party and their mounts! It begins to charge!

I didn't realize i had given you some untyped mana. for the rest of 1st level think of his power like a spelltheif which i reassessed his level up on (more skills and you can keep the high reflex for power creep purposes). your next level will lock in the earth element (because of growing bones) which will supply you with your own pool of mana.

You channel your dark magic into the mount, a whine can be heard from where you touch it. The horse's mind has been partitioned against fear and distraction for the time being.

Feirgon
2015-11-07, 01:35 PM
Joseph

Joseph points with his right hand at the charging bull and with his left hand he points down the street away from the group.

Over there!

As Joseph stares into the eyes of the creature, its eyes begin to darken.

Trying to convince the creature that whatever it is charging at is 'over there', which is to say, not where we are.

mentalyunstable
2015-11-07, 04:26 PM
As Rajin stands ready to help the small ones onto a horse he spots the bull ready to charge.
He quickly braces himself and spreads his arms.
He waits for the bull to charge and attempts to grab onto its horns with his hands and bracing it's face with his tusks he tries and pull/throw it to the ground/wall so as to stop it in its tracks.

Alyka
2015-11-08, 06:04 PM
The bull does not change direction, instead takes Rajin up on his challenge. (failed will save cuz it's less fun. sorry.)

It crashes horns first at Rajin [roll0] vs AC, for [roll1] damage. Bulls AC is 11 (touch is -4) this round
Rajin can make an attack for his readied action before being hit.

Alyka
2015-11-08, 07:10 PM
Rajin's attack [roll0]
Rajin's grapple [roll1] [roll2]
Bulls opposed grapple [roll3]

with it's target subdued the spell takes hold making the bull wander away harmlessly.

mentalyunstable
2015-11-08, 10:59 PM
Rajin grabs at the bull as it rushes towards him but is quickly overcome by the strength of the beast. As it rips from his hands it slams into his chest.
The blow knocks rajin to the ground and unconscious.

gremlin-pult
2015-11-09, 01:28 PM
"EEEP!"

As the bull collided with Rajin, all Nik-Nak's initial suspicion of horses was momentarily forgotten in the face of his intense (and according to himself, very rational) fear of the horned monstrosities called bovines. In a second he leapt over to Biff's horse, latched onto the mans leg, and climbed up. Regaining his wits somewhat, He was very surprised to find himself securely latched onto Biff's back, his claws dug into the mans clothes, not entirely unlike a cat latching onto curtains.

"Well..." He said shakily, feeling slightly safer now that he was at a higher vantage point than the bull. "Nik-Nak supposes he could ride horses with the rest of you, just this once... Now that he is already on the mangy thing, anyway."

CozJa
2015-11-09, 02:43 PM
Rasalgand, terrified by the sight of the charging bull, instinctively leapt on the side, finding a more suitable mount: a pony.
He immediately climbed on the animal, ready to ride away!

Chas Kramer
2015-11-10, 02:52 AM
" A charging bull is for sure more convincing than a thousand words. I wish I had that eloquence. Now, if we're done here, follow me."

"Oh, and mr Nik Nak, sir...if you could avoid sharpening your claws on my back, I'd apreciate."

If the threat of the bull is gone, and the others accept to follow Biff, he will lead them to the camp of the rebels.

Alyka
2015-11-10, 03:07 AM
Rajin's limp body is tied between two remaining horses, sylwyn joins the group on a pony and they all makes their escape. They go unnoticed by the people herding animals out of the streets. Rajin is back to half HP by the time the group arrives.

Alyka
2015-11-10, 01:23 PM
You all arrive at the inn where people of a higher station would stay to inspect the going on of town or rest on their travels. It is not utterly elaborate by our standards but for the setting is nicer than a typical motel.

Waiting for you outside the door is a man that Biff points out to be the communities leader for the rebellion. He is nearly 6' wearing loose fit cotton under metal plates and is currently unarmed. The man has golden brown hair and skin, sporting fox ears and enlarged canine teeth which sometimes poke out from his lips.

"I'm very glad you made it, welcome all to our community. As Biff probably told you we are a tribe attempting to live outside of the social castes created to keep those in power with it and those without power supplying it. Our goals are to acquire and distribute knowledge amongst ourselves, then use it to improve the quality of life throughout the country. This may mean war should nobility refuse to acknowledge the value of each person's life. With that said are there any here who would wish to return to their previous life or wander independently instead of joining us? Let's have each of you make a brief introduction and statement about what you seek in the future with us should you decide to stay."

mentalyunstable
2015-11-10, 07:27 PM
"Da names Rajin. I was da grave keeper, before I was t'rown inta dis rebellion." He says as his eyes drift towards Biff.
Rajin stretches to his full height for a moment as he continues talking. "My only real skills are bein' big and and not dyin'. As for my future goals with ya group. I just want da freedom ta be left alone wit'out being forced to work for dose wit a fraction of my lifespan."

CozJa
2015-11-11, 02:50 AM
"I am Rasalgand, I worked as a waiter, and I only want to know more about 'the other side' of life.
Since this rebellion seems more interested in understanding the destiny of everyone, I think I'll stick with you!"

Chas Kramer
2015-11-11, 04:33 AM
"I am Biff, and I was... uh...nevermind.
Well, let's say I was done with my "previous life" before I met you. Although, you tried to give my wandering a purpose, and shared some of your knowledge with me, already. Not entirely painless..." Biff frowned as he recalled being cast into the fire, and the sudden mystic evolution he experienced "...but I suppose I should be grateful to you. As long as you want to free and enlight the oppressed, we share the same purpose. I've already said it, I'll say it again: I'm with you"

shannny2k
2015-11-11, 05:24 AM
Ribles looks around and realizes it's her turn to give a statement. "Since meeting this... group I've breathed fire and ice. I've changed motes from red to blue. Both of these I did without truly knowing how, but I know the knowledge is somehow from you. If you will teach me more I will stay."

gremlin-pult
2015-11-11, 08:56 AM
"Nik-Nak's name is.... well, Nik-Nak" The lizard said with a moments hesitation. "Nik-Nak is a miner, and a very good one at that. Nik-Nak always fills his quota, even where some of the tall ones doesn't." He continued, puffing his scrawny chest out with pride. "Nik-Nak is also a very good scrapper, but today Nik-Nak got scary good at scrapping, and Nik-Nak is confused by this and wants to know how and why."

Thinking for a moment, his brow furrowing, Nik-Nak then adds. "But Nik-Nak is tired of the stupid boss, who makes Nik-Nak's wonderful mining job an unpleasant chore. Also he took Nik-Nak's shinies. Twice! So if your freedom includes the freedom to mine when Nik-Nak wants to, and collect shinies freely, Nik-Nak wants to join."

Feirgon
2015-11-11, 01:16 PM
Joseph

Joseph stares down at his right hand as the the others give their introductions. He ponders the nature of everything that has happened this evening, but is unable to draw any conclusions. He lets out a silent sigh as he begins to speak.

My name is Joseph and I am a bellhop at the Grand Inn. I have spent my entire life around those who believe they are better, simple due to fate.

But, I say this now, I want nothing to do with your rebellion.

Joseph clenches his fist and closes his eyes. Visions of those living in squalor fill his thoughts.

Children live their entire lives starving, families are destroyed by the whims of the few, and we are forced to sacrifice the things that define us just so that we can see another day. The desire for a rebellion has probably never existed within me or any of us here. But we were born into a world where rebellion is a necessity.

Joseph unclenches his fist and opens his eyes. He looks up at the rebel leader.

To that end, I will join you. Not to free just myself, but all those who live oppressed.

But, I do have one question, who are you?

J-H
2015-11-11, 11:29 PM
Benadin

"My name is Benadin. I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I believe that things need to be better...and it seems that I might be able to help. I don't know if I'll like it or if I'll help, but I'd kick myself if I didn't try.

As for what I can do...I'm pretty good with my hands, and I've got a bit of magical talent."

Alyka
2015-11-12, 06:53 PM
"It is a pleasure to meet you all, and somewhat of a relief to hear that you are not overly bloodthirsty. My apologies for misleading you but the orb you witnessed did not contain our communities current knowledge. Rather the collective memories from a sect that left us a few years ago to pursue a confrontational approach to freedom for all. They were executed as terrorists and traitors. Like you or approach is to gather information by our own sweat, and to gain in size so that we may one day free others en masse."

"As for me, my name is Reece and like you I come from a humble backround where ignorance was enforced upon me and my kin. I was a potato farmer frustrated that more plants existed but were not in my grasp. I have since discarded my green thumb in favor of cultivating a new society.

Please follow me to meet the others, those of you who would be recognized here should see Phil beside me to become disguised."

Phil, a powerful looking man with a beard of feathers casts a spell on the party discussing your rags as robes.

shannny2k
2015-11-13, 07:26 AM
Ribles looks down at the majestic robes now covering her and scoffs. These would not do if she was going to be doing any smelting or fire breathing. She hoped she didn't have to wear this silly disguise for long.

CozJa
2015-11-13, 07:40 AM
Rasalgand, looking at his new vestements with a mixture of surprise and pleasure, started to think that maybe this place was not bad, not bad at all.
For the first time, he felt in his rightful place, moreso than when he was studying at the church.
"I think that things could get really better..." he thought to himself. Then he remembered the " executed as terrorists and traitors" part of Reece speech and freaked out a bit...

Alyka
2015-11-13, 06:15 PM
With everyone looking fancy, and sadly not feeling the comfort of silk flowing against their skin, in new illusionary clothes they follow Reece inside. Those unfamiliar with the building were struck by the polished golden rails and waxed hardwood floors that lay flat without any hint of cracks or nooks. The place was lit by orbs of still fire shining a glimmer of elegance in all directions.

A hostess walked to the group with a courtesy. " your rooms have been prepared gentlemen and lady, please make yourself comfortable at your leasure the spa is to our right, dining to the left and we will be taking the elevator to your accommodations now.

She brings them to a large dias surrounded by walls on most sides. A worker pulls a chain with practiced consistency, making an effort to keep a low profile. The circle rises with all aboard.

Alyka
2015-11-17, 06:03 AM
Sorry I left you in the middle of things with nothing to do, I've been hooked on fallout4 all weekend. And monday is my sunday.

You are each assigned an adjacent room with mysterious marvels like lights and plumbing. Somehow you all manage to keep your wits about you while causally coming across all these things in public. Reece explains that half of the community is tending to their wagons in the yard posing as a merchant caravan. They will be staying here two days to resupply. Please interact between pcs or with npcs. if you describe somebody to talk to they will likely exist here within reason (<9th level).

Things you observe about the universe.
1) consistent electricity has been harnessed.
2) kinetic energy is utilized to cause controlled motion.
3) Spoiler to prevent rl knowledge getting in the way of things: These do not combine. Magnetism does not exist in this setting so conversion of motion to electricity and the other way is not readily available since stored electricity to heat coil to steam to turbine is less efficient that burning just about anything. Computers have not been developed partially because of this.

mentalyunstable
2015-11-18, 11:24 PM
Rajin is astounded by the room these people have just given to him, he is almost excited at the chance to sleep in such a room. But first, the call of real food draws him to dining room. Rajin does not remember the last time he actually ate past the point where he was no longer starving, and he continues to eat until he can no longer eat any more without being sick. While eating he is happy to talk to anyone that approaches him, albeit with a full mouth.
After stuffing himself on food he decides to see what this "spa" thing that was mentioned is. After a message that seemed to relieve much of the aches and knots throughout his entire he is led to a mud bath which he thought was strange way of relaxing.
Rajin finally retires to his room. Rajin climbs into a real bath, that's actually warm for once, and just lays there for a bit enjoying the warmth without the need of fire. Finally Rajin sinks into bed for the most sleep he has ever gotten in his life.

Feirgon
2015-11-19, 03:00 PM
Joseph

Joseph puts much effort into avoiding those who may recognize him. As such, when he is finally led to his room, he locks the door and lets out a sigh.

The room is as familiar as any he has visited, though, he rarely stays long. This is his first time he will be spending time alone in one of these rooms. As he walks around the room, he stops in front of a window and it suddenly sinks in how far he is about to go.

What the next day will bring is beyond anything he can imagine. Yesterday already seems like a distant memory.

Joseph will mostly stick to his room, except to eat. He will attempt to make no contact with any within the establishment out of fear of being discovered.

Chas Kramer
2015-11-20, 03:12 AM
Biff was quite torn, at that point. On one hand, he felt that his new shiny illusory clothes, and that intellectual superiority and elegance show-off were making him sick. On the other hand, he couldn't deny a certain interest in how they had set up that place. They seemed to use very complex energy networks, and water transport seemed to be a masterpiece in engineering.

Impressive. But not impressive enough to make him automatically trust what was being offered to him.
Biff rudely intercepted the hostess walking by.

"Thanks a lot for all the commodities you are offering, but I haven't come here to indulge in decadence. I'd like to speak with Reece, or whoever is ruling here, and has time for me. "

Alyka
2015-11-20, 05:16 PM
To Biff: "I can leave Mr. Fortifork a message asking for his audience, the party is expected to stay for two nights. Would you like to reserve a private dining or business area?" The hostess attempts to treat you as if the tone of your request were not unusual but she obviously doesn't know starts going on here.

To Joseph: although you've seen it all before and have been condissioned away from prying this opportunity to inspect the room is to great. You begin to disassemble items to see their workings after baracading your entrances.

To Rajin: an illithid asks for a seat beside you. Onlookers are surprised and pay attention. "Are you the ancient one? I see more than two life times of pain beset on your body. What wisdom would you share with me?"

J-H
2015-11-20, 10:33 PM
Benadin

Benadin spends a great deal of time examining each of the cunning mechanisms and strange devices in this building, while trying not to think about his brothers and father, left behind...

The mechanical devices are simple for him; the plumbing is, although he causes a minor mess by opening a pressurized line when he first starts exploring. Chelf, an older man with a peg leg, and grey hair, helps him fix the pressurized line and explains how the pressurized water and the electrical systems work. It's a lot to take in, but Benadin already has some interesting ideas about improving the machines at the factory... and possibly making an improved crossbow. These people have a great deal of detailed manufacturing capabilities available.

hurray, I'm not sick any more.

A crossbow or repeating crossbow may be in the future

CozJa
2015-11-21, 05:09 AM
Rasalgand, after a good rest in his room, goes around the building, trying to see if there's a library or, at least, someone to whom he can discuss.

The last day left him with a lot of questions, about the nature of what happened, the "magic" into the sphere, and the way things work in the place were they now reside.

After asking to the hostess, he is conducted to a middle aged man, who's working on getting some books into a wagon.
"Good morning" he says with a gentle voice "I heard you seek to study on what happened there, I have a proposal: help me get those books in place, and I'll let you take what you want to read".

Rasalgand started to work with the man, feeling something anew: satisfaction.

Alyka
2015-11-21, 06:31 AM
Rasalgand has discovered a librarian for the community. Tabby, an owl eyed woman who edits research into textbook for non magic matters. You're told that the knowledge sharing magic is psionics in nature stemming from the illithid blessing.

Benanin finds a tinkerer for tutelage in conceptual physics and can work on understanding pressure systems up to hydraulics.

When stepping out for dinner Joseph heard Benanin and the tinkerer talking about what might be keeping the plumbing pressure consistent.

When you awake there is a message requesting your attendance in the dining hall for a late lunch meeting.

mentalyunstable
2015-11-21, 11:54 AM
Rajin turns to the illithid that sat at the table with him. While still chewing on whatever food he happens to be devouring at the the time he answers his questions?

"If by ancient ya mean I be living longer than most, then ya, dat be me. As for words of wisdom. Life is full of pain and suffering, true rest and freedom comes in da form of death when struggles no longer matter. But one can only respect dat death by living through da suffering of life so that when da time comes you can Embrace da end for the peacefulness it brings."

Rajin awakens late in the morning to discover a message for him. He decides since he has been asked to make an appearance for lunch he might as well get there earlly and eat before hand.

Rajin heads to the dinning hall and begins to order anything that he didn't try the night before and eats , this time with slightly lees vigor than the night before, until the meeting.

Feirgon
2015-11-23, 12:17 AM
Joseph

So much of this place is still a mystery and yet I have spent almost my entire life here...

Joseph seems lost in thought as he steps out of his room for the late lunch meeting.

He had spent the past 24 hours looking at each item in the room, meticulously examining each object. And he was careful not to break anything that seemed important, though he did take things apart that he was sure he could put back together. Each little piece was full of information and Joseph strained to take in as much as possible.

As it is, Joseph is quite tired, but he hopes that he will have to do little interacting with anyone today.

As a heads up, I will be on vacation from the 24th to the 30th of November. Hopefully, I can log on at some point during that time, but I can make no guarantees!

Alyka
2015-11-24, 06:00 AM
The meeting starts leisurely in the ballroom, allowing everyone to fill a plate. Reece begins:

"I'm glad to see you all here this afternoon. This morning a handful of people came to join our cause, and last night another group came to learn what it is to be free. I hope that these new friends will find everything they seek alongside the rest of us. Last night's group was recruited by the power of our shared mind, this mornings by the valor in our conviction, and today both forces will meet for them. This location was chosen because it would allow us to partake in a nefarious deed, the elimination of the noble who rules this land. We don't often seek blood like this, but when the opportunity arises to soften the opposition we must take the tactical move or lose what ground we have.

The target is responsible for creating the conditions many of you have lived with your whole lives. Conditions that are not necessary. He has chosen to work the life right from your bodies to manufacture goods that you are not allowed to enjoy. He has trained entire generations to hate and abuse you for their own pleasure. He takes every conceivable ounce of profit for himself by exploiting countless people who deserve to make their own choices.

In the world we seek, individuals would be able to determine their own worth; in the world we live in only he can make that judgment. You don't have to accept his verdict now. You can stand against tyranny. But I must be honest, doing this will not change everything all at once. He will be replaced and there will be a period of difficult change for everyone involved. The impact is that the other nobles will become cautious, and if we play our cards right workers across the country will see a slight reprieve. This way we can force the nobles to improve quality of life across the board. Then when we have become strong and they have weakened we can make bigger changes to gradually allow everyone the same rights as equals.

Join us now and be given our gift of knowledge, then tomorrow we will make a stand as a team."

Reece calls a newcomer over and waves the Illithid to the center of the room with them. "Chris here has volunteered to receive the gift first. I know it looks gruesome, we've all been through it and this magnificent process allows us to be linked in mind, able to learn faster and express clearer."

Chris takes a seat while the Illithid wraps his tentacles around the newcomer's head. The Illithid's eyes glow purple then flash green and black, Chris twitches a few times as though pinched, and then they separate. Chris speaks, somewhat disoriented "There's so much to take in. Wow are there really that many of us? This is amazing, I've got so much studying to do. Thank you both. I'll do everything I can to help."

Each of you and 8 others go through this process unless you specify otherwise soon. You should also specify how you want to help ambush the noble's carriage and entourage. It can be anything that is considered helpful from digging trenches, buff spells, setting traps, fighting front line, support fire, organization etc. You can study without books or direct tutelage as well.

mentalyunstable
2015-11-24, 08:26 AM
Rajin turns down the offer to have his mind melded, but he does offer to help with their cause.
He offers to assist in digging trenches for protection and potholes to hinder the carriage, and to also stand in the front lines when the fighting starts.

J-H
2015-11-24, 04:31 PM
Benadin

Benadin declines the mind-meld, but does find a few books to study. Drawing from the organization's armory, he finds a suit of leather armor and a couple of crossbows. He tries to modify one to speed up the reload time so that it can fire faster.

Attempting to make a repeating crossbow; not sure if that's viable within game or not. If not, he'll just take a light crossbow and a suit of leather armor.

CozJa
2015-11-25, 02:23 AM
Rasalgand occupies himself with strategies, and understanding how to use his newfound powers: the best thing to do would be to block all the escape routes, and then cast a horrible fear in the heart of their enemies, forcing them to escape towards a gruesome death.

Feirgon
2015-11-30, 12:14 PM
Joseph

Joseph cautiously sits down in the chair and shivers as the Illithid's tentacles make contact with his skin.

I hope I'm not making a mistake...

---

I'm not much for combat, but I think I could help set-up the ambush or be a lookout.

Joseph will volunteer for information gathering, scouting, and maybe some ambush casting (before and/or during).

Alyka
2015-11-30, 10:38 PM
Those of you who undergo the process see flashes of memories from the first person, waves of emotions, then a quiet understanding of life's lessons. This all fades away by the time you are released and you feel completely normal. Focusing on a topic grants some understanding of it, you can meditate to sift through the collective mind to momentarily recall information. You don't retain specifics but it can be used to guide you to learn things on your own. Generally private thoughts are kept private unless the searching person gets very specific and usually only remembers the impression. For example you can't just cast things you don't know but you don't need to learn from scratch you usually have someplace to start and can take notes.

The next day everyone is busy preparing. the carriage comes into view around 4pm surrounded by mounted lancers, four archers atop, and it could easily fit a dozen people and luggage. Joseph gives the signal to ready positions. Benanin has made progress on crossbow cartridges that do not autoload but simplify the process to prevent drawing bolts. Rajin's ditches will be crossed in two turns. Everyone is nearby and armed in case of total retaliation.

J-H
2015-12-10, 11:34 AM
Benadin

Benadin hides behind cover off the road, but within easy crossbow-shot of the carriage's path.

Are we in the woods? If so, he's in a tree. If we're in the city, he's on a rooftop. He does not want to get stuck in melee.

Alyka
2015-12-11, 11:01 PM
Thanks J-H, yes there are wooded areas nearby but that's a little beside the point.

The reason I've been so late to respond is because I posted the sad news that I was cancelling the game. But it looks like that post never went up. I think the forums might have been down and i didn't refresh. The other reasons I'm closing the thread is that I've not been sufficient at explaining my intended scenarios or keeping the post frequency I originally wanted. Fallout is somewhat to blame there. It's also been getting harder to stay excited for you guys since joining a good friends roll20 based campaign where more happens in a day and I have to keep track of less. If I try anything like this in the distant future I'll be sure to have more preparation and motivation.

So thank you all for playing, I'm sorry to have to cut it short.