PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Assistance in brewing a Mental Domination Warlock Pact

Wolfiee
2015-10-28, 06:17 PM
Hey there everyone, I'm currently trying to brew up a new Warlock Pact with my DM for potential upcoming sessions. It's focused with a mental/emotional/visual-altering series of spells and abilities (Domination, Command, and learning people's thoughts; that kind of thing).|

I'm currently at a bit of a loss when it comes to the abilities in regards to levels 1, 6, 10 and 14 of the pact. So far I have this set out:

Spell Level
Spells

1st
Command, Sleep

2nd
Silence, Pass Without Trace

3rd
Major Image, Fear

4th
Greater Invisibility, Confusion

5th
Dominate Person, Hold Monster

At 1st level, your prowess with emotional domination allows you to view the emotional aura of a creature. This aura provides basic information about the creature’s feelings and emotions. For example, if a creature is attempting to deceive you, the aura will provide a brief outline of this. This aura may provide incorrect information if the creature has a form of mental shielding e.g. Thought Shield.
I'm not sure about this one, but I like it, thoughts?

At 6th level, you gain the power to invade the mind of a creature that you can touch. If the creature is not willing, it must make a Wisdom saving throw. If it fails this roll, you project an image of yourself into the creature’s mind. This spell requires concentration, and whilst in this state of concentration you are considered blind and unable to attack. The creature is able to see and hear you in their mind although; you may take upon any form you wish whilst in this state. You are able to project images and you may alter your voice.
I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to continue with this one. How should the 'lock be able to manipulate their mind? Should it cause a frightened status? Should it have combat uses? Maybe you could discover the motives of the creature?

How do you guys think I should continue this whole pact?
Any ideas or help would be appreciated!