PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Chain of attacks

Triskavanski
2015-10-29, 02:42 PM
Noticed a series of feats that really synergize well together it seems.

Charging Stag Style and its two additional feats. This allows you to charge an enemy, punch and then grapple. If you also Pin, you knock the enemy prone or do your unarmed damage again.

Bushwack. If you Grapple an enemy in the surprise round, you get a free action to pin them.

If I read everything right, in a single surprise round you can charge and punch someone. Grapple them. Pin them. And do your punch damage a second time.

Triskavanski
2015-10-29, 05:28 PM
Hmmm..

Monk of Many Styles

1st Level Improved Grapple, Random Style feat or Stunning Pin, Charging Stag Style
2nd Level Stag Horns
3rd level Bushwack
4th Stag Submission

Charge opponent in surprise round and punch them with fist dealing fist damage. Free action to grapple them.
Grapple opponent, Free action to Pin them
Pinned opponent, Swift action to stunning fist them and free action to knock prone/deal unarmed damage again.

Sayt
2015-10-29, 06:24 PM
Cool idea, and I'm noticing that Stag horns and Submission are, surprisingly, also Style Feats. Usually the subsequent feats aren't themselves Style feats. I reccomend your Second Style be Dragon Style, and pick up Ferocity. Then Grab Horn of the Criosphinx for 2.5x strength on the charge attack. I'm fairly sure this stacks properly as it's phrased as "Increase your strength mod by[...]", rather than "Add a bonus equal to your".

Triskavanski
2015-10-29, 08:35 PM
Ah yes Dragon style could be good to pick up. I had to pick up the ones I got to avoid the feat requirements of Dodge + Mobility in order to squeeze in the charging stag style.

Hmm.. When I hit the target with a charge, I could just make the stunning fist attempt then couldn't I? No reason to also use Stunning Pin at that point in time.

Is there any way I could get more attacks to trigger off from the things I do?

Triskavanski
2015-10-30, 12:05 AM
Okay here's what I'm looking at right now. I miss judged the 4th level feat (since I don't get one then)

Monk bonus feat 01 - Charging Stag style
Monk bonus feat 02 - Stag horns
Monk bonus feat 06 - Stag's Submission

Human
Level 01 - Improved Grapple, Snapping Turtle Style (Retain to Kraken Style at level 3.)
Level 3 -Bushwack
Level 5 - Combat Style Mastery
Level 7 - Greater Grapple

Why Kraken over Dragon? The way I figure it, an extra .5x of Str isn't going to do a whole lot of damage. Even if I have 18 str, I'm running something like +2 extra damage. But That 18 str, + even 14~15 Wis, would result in an extra 4 points of damage during that first round if all the grapple checks pass. Once I get Greater Grapple, it is entirely possible for me to perform a total of three grappling effects on an enemy, or two on the surprise round charge.

I think I might know the additional feats to use with this.

Punishing Kick gives me the ability to apply a powerful kick that could knock the target prone, If I do, I could have the feat Vicious stomp to provoke An AoO from the enemy going prone. My charging stag also triggers giving me a free action to grapple. Which triggers my Bushwack, which triggers Stag's Submission.

So I get 2 attacks, and 1 just unarmed damage.

Sayt
2015-10-30, 04:04 AM
If you're getting Stag Submission, might as well grab Vicious Stomp as well. Why choose between putting them on the floor and punching them when you can do both?

Triskavanski
2015-10-30, 07:13 AM
Because you need to be able to take AoOs. If you're using stag submission, you're not able to do that.

However Punishing Kick could work, as it could be part of that first attack of the charge, before you start grappling.