PDA

View Full Version : Beggar On The Streets II [IC]

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 04:38 PM
It's cold, here on the streets of Dunwall. And raining. You're in the middle of the street in the slums, and are soaking wet. You might die if you don't get some food and shelter soon.

What will you do?

Nyan
2015-10-29, 04:52 PM
"Gods be dammed...Im starving and the only thing I got on me is this stupid book. Cant even sell the thing much less eat it...****..." Sorin is stumbling out of an alley he had been seeking shelter in before this storm had started. He had been trying to get some gold earlier this day but nothing seemed to have been successfull. Most people were inside at this point so he was pretty much alone. So he decided to head for the market in order to perhaps find someone who had not closed up their fruit cart yet and grab something to eat. He held the book under his clothes as best as he could as he hurried down the streets trying to stay under some form of cover as much as he could. "...I need to go back to that old mans place again...Old bastard will probably laugh seeing me crawling back like a dog but **** it if I dont then I'll die like one...Wonder which is worse...Maybe if I throw someone elses ass out from there he might lend me the room again...I could need a punchinbag right about now..." Sorin pulled back his jet black hair out of his face as he kicks a bucket out of frustration on his way to the market.

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 04:54 PM
The market is, for the most part, shut down. No one wants to sell in the rain, and honestly, the slum market isn't exactly bustling on most days. There is, however, an old man with a few loaves of bread and a handful of other baked goods parked in a cart underneath a tarp.

Evening, young man, he says in greeting.

Nyan
2015-10-29, 05:02 PM
Seeing the stand in the market Sorin is relived to a sense and quickly approaches the stand. At the old mans greeting he simply eyes him suspiciously as if he expects him to pull up a dagger and throw it at him and he was quite put off at first considering most people would simply be dead silent and look away whenever he was nearby...So this mans friendliness got him even more suspicious. Sorin had never been one to trust anyone and with good reason. He grabs one loaf of bread that the man had and started eating on it like a hungry animal the way he had been starving for a few days, completely ignoring the man as if he isn't even there.

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 05:03 PM
Hey! There's no such thing as a free lunch! the man says. Pay for that immediately!

Nyan
2015-10-29, 05:15 PM
At the old mans words he simply looks back up at him from the bread loaf and glares intesively at him. His gaze burning like that of a desperate and hungry wolf ready to do pretty much anything to keep its food. "...Piss off...Or you might lose something more than a dry peice of bread..." He scowls at him before he finishes the bread and simply turns to leave but is ready to attack the man if he does anything hostile.

Intimidate: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 05:16 PM
The man steps out from behind his cart, still under the tarp, and attempts to swipe the bread away, successfully snatching it from your grip.

Piss off yourself, boy.

[roll0] vs. [roll1]

Nyan
2015-10-29, 05:24 PM
Sorin is shocked quite frankly that this weak old man ripps the bread out of his hands and his anger wells up within him. He then attempts to instead kick the man down before he swipes whatever thing he manages to get from the cart and legs it, running down the streets as far as he can go.

Attempting to knock him prone with a contested Str (Athletics) Check
Athletics: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 05:27 PM
Athletics check is not needed, his max is a 19.

The man goes tumbling to the ground, and you make off with an armful of bread, four loaves in total. As you run down the rain-slickened streets, though, you end up nearly slamming into a tall, brawny-looking man-one of the thugs you ran off all that time ago in the inn.

Well well well-if it ain't Sorin again.

Nyan
2015-10-29, 05:36 PM
As Sorin looks back to see if the old man would for some reason follow him despite it would be totaly impossible as Sorin bumps in to the man he is shocked at first but his eyes narrow down to a glare once he sees who it is. "You again...Sorry, I don't have time for you today..." He scoffs and tries to get past him and hurry back to the inn.

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 05:38 PM
Tell you what-you hand me that bread you got there, he says, and casually pulls out a long, wicked-looking knife. And you get to keep your face.

Nyan
2015-10-29, 06:46 PM
Sorin sighs as he watches him draw the dagger. He felt he could perhaps convice him to not fight with him and simply go to the old man he had just got away from and steal the rest of his stuff. But he thought he could need that dagger he carried and so he would smirk and stepped up to him. "I guess I'll have to teach you a lesson again now do I?..." He then grabs the wrist the guy holds his dagger in and spins around putting the arm behind his back. But the attempt fails as the thug manages to slip out of his grasp and sorin scowls at him a bit, considering his options to either run or perhaps try again.

Contested Athletics
Sorin [roll0] vs Thug [roll1]

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 06:48 PM
The thug laughs at your attempt to get his dagger away, then slashes out at you, unfortauntely (for him) missing by a hair.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Nyan
2015-10-29, 06:52 PM
Sorin dodges his sloppy attempt for an attack and decides to yet again try to take the dagger away from him. Taking the guys wrist yet again and trying to pull him in to a pin.

Sorin [roll0] vs thug [roll1]

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 06:53 PM
He attempts to break free, successfully breaking the lock. Nice try.

[roll0] vs [roll1]

Nyan
2015-10-29, 07:00 PM
Sorin grunts as he manages to break free from his lock and he shouts with anger as he tries another tactic and attempts to kick him down on the ground. And as he manages to kick him down in the dirt he shouts. "If you try to get up I'll kick your face in!..."

contested acrobatics.
sorin [roll0] vs thug [roll1]

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 07:03 PM
The thug collapses to the ground, letting out an Oof! as his chest hits the stones. He slashes wildly with the dagger at your legs, trying to cause some damage. He succeeds, slashing open your shins.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Nyan
2015-10-29, 07:07 PM
Sorin cries out with pain as he gets cut in the leg and the wound is deep too. Cause the pain was almost too much as his knee gave way slightly but he tries his best and disarm his dagger despite his wounds.

Disarm [roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 07:07 PM
[roll0] Rolling

The dagger clatters from his fingers, falling to the pavement.

Nyan
2015-10-29, 07:14 PM
Sorin quickly heads over and picks up the dagger laughing a bit as he stands over the thug. "...Seems like the tables have turned you bastard!..." He shouts with a wicked smile. "Now you could either get out of here or I'll gut you like a pig!..."

Intimidate [roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 07:15 PM
Wisdom Check [roll0] [roll1]

Alright! Alright, I'm leaving! No harm-I don't want any trouble, he says,s tanding up and backing away slowly.

Gain 30 XP

Nyan
2015-10-29, 07:30 PM
Sorin would simply stand there and glare at him as he were stepping away. Infact he would have tried stabbing the bastard if his leg wasn't hurting so much. As soon as the man got out of sight Sorin would let out groan from the pain as he tried his best to walk down the street again towards the Old mans tavern. "...****ing bastard...He had to cut me in the leg of all places...Well at least I got his dagger..." He tried to stay hidden and keep an eye out for anyone nearby, hiding in an alley if he saw someone approach and waited untill they'd pass by. He did not want to get in to another fight. But he tried his best to push on through the pain through the sheer force of his will and even tho it still hurt he managed to ignore most of the pain.

Using Second wind to recover Hp
[roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 07:31 PM
As you walk, you find yourself near the edge of the slums. The merchants' district is just beyond the gate, with a single tired-looking guard as its lone attendant.

Nyan
2015-10-29, 07:37 PM
As he walks and spots the enterance to the merchants district he thinks that he could perhaps enter lowering the risk of getting attacked but probably not getting any shelter in the rain. He then looks down and figures that the guard, tired as he may be will probably not let him through considering he is holding loafs of bread in his arms, bloodied dagger in his hand and with his leg dripping with blood so he simply marches on to get the the taver. At least he is sure he'll get shelter from the rain so he wont freeze to death.

JNAProductions
2015-10-29, 07:40 PM
You reach the Prancing Centaur without incident. Hey, scum. the owner greets you in his usual insulting fashion. See you picked a fight.

Nyan
2015-10-29, 07:52 PM
As Sorin enters the inn he sighs lightly and looks up at the old man greeting him and simply scoffs in responce. "Yeah yeah, whatever. Just a flesh wound. Scared the ****er off once I got his dagger." He says before he walks past him with his bread and dagger with him towards his room if you could even call it that. He opens the slightly broken door and flops down on the layer of hay that had a very long time ago been a straw mattress and starts chewing on his food and ties up his leg with just a strand of cloth he had washed in a bowl of rain water that was standing in the middle of the tiny room catching the dropps of water comming down from the celing.

JNAProductions
2015-10-30, 11:50 AM
After a night of rest, you feel... Well, sore and wounded, but not as sore and not as wounded. You are, unfortunately, woken early in the morning by a pounding on your door. Hey, useless. There's some of those thugs waiting outside for ya, or at least I'd assume it's for you. Thought you ought to know.

Nyan
2015-10-31, 08:12 AM
Sorin snaps his eyes open and sits up quickly hearing the banging at the door. He grits his teeth hearing the old man tell him about the thugs as he chews down the peice of bread he had started eating on before he went to sleep. "Gods be dammed...Should have killed the ****er when I had the chance...How many are they?" He asks as he gets up and puts his belongings in a makeshift bag made from some rope and a peice of cloth.

JNAProductions
2015-10-31, 09:19 AM
Three. Now go deal with them, he says.

Nyan
2015-10-31, 04:20 PM
Sorin opens the door and gives the old man a stare. "Fine...Do you have anything bigger than this dagger?...A club or something big to smash someones head in...If you do hand it over, now." He says as walks past him and goes towards the door.

JNAProductions
2015-10-31, 06:16 PM
The innkeeper tosses him a long oak staff. I expect that back, he says.

As you step outside, you see three thugs, inlcuding the one you stole the dagger from. Ready for payback, slime?

Nyan
2015-10-31, 08:09 PM
Sorin catches the staff and grins slightly. "Let's hope their sculls aren't so thick it breaks then." He chuckles and he kicks open the door dramaticly as he goes outside. Sorin looks over to the three thugs and has an almost gleefull smile on his face. "Alright you low-life trash...Could not fight your own battles huh?..." He says giving the evil eye to the thug he met before. "You might think you can take me on now right?...Well perhaps that might be true...But one thing that I can say is that I will defenitly take at least one of you ****ers down with me...Might be you..." He pauses and points towards his first pal. "Or perhaps you..." He points at the second. "So let me ask you this...Are both of you prepared to sacrifice your life? Just cause your buddy here is too much of a coward to take me on himself..."

Intimidate: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-10-31, 08:20 PM
They look at each other, fear in their eyes, and as one, turn to sprint away.

Gain 90 XP. And no gold or other items-you own only a dagger.

Nyan
2015-10-31, 08:35 PM
Sorin glares at them as they run before he sighs when they get out of sight. Walking back in to the tavern he throws the stick back at the old man as he speaks. "****ing cowards...I wanted to crack the scull of that ****er but then they leg it...Tsk!...If they come back tell me...They wont be so lucky to get away then..." He says before he goes back to his room and shuts the door behind him. Throwing himself down on the pile of straw again he glances over towards the book, its gleaming gems drawing his attention as he reaches out and takes it. "Since I've got nothing else to do might as well read this bloddy thing..." He says as he opens the books and starts reading the parts he has not really checked yet.

JNAProductions
2015-10-31, 08:50 PM
Reading it again, eh? a voice speaks in your head. Barely literate thug you are. Good only for scaring off the other mindless brutes.

Nyan
2015-10-31, 08:57 PM
Sorin rubs his head and grunts allitle hearing the voices again before he slams the book shut and looks up and around the room. "...There it is again..." He growls slightly before he slowly opens the book again and flips the page. "...I don't care who you are, get the **** out of my head!..." He speaks in his mind trying to shut out the voice and focus on the book.