PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Immunities/Resistances Handbook

Thurbane
2015-10-30, 03:31 AM
Has anyone compiled a list of various immunities and resistances, and how to get them?

I know there's bits and pieces in lists of stuff etc. but is there any sort of comprehensive list?

Cheers - T

Darrin
2015-10-30, 07:09 AM
I was digging around for energy immunities for an Iron Chef build recently, and from what I can tell this is not well documented anywhere. The more book-diving I did, the more I ran into immunities that I hadn't seen mentioned before. A Handbook would be... handy, I suppose?

And while it may not be a good place to start for this sort of thing, I thought the Emerald Legion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?101587-D-amp-D-3-5-The-Emerald-Legion-Mass-Producing-Ikea-Tarrasques) should be worth mentioning.

Thurbane
2015-10-30, 07:56 AM
I agree - I think a handbook is a good idea. Lists of Stuff is probably another good source to draw from.

When I have some time to invest, I'll start compiling. I'll probably start with class features, and work from there.

I also guess Immunities and Resistances need to be defined...do things like a basic bonus on a particular save type count? How about DR? Evasion?

Bakkan
2015-10-30, 08:32 AM
Evasion is, I believe, already covered in the Lists of StuffTM. Bonuses to saves are so numerous as to make compiling all of them likely worth a handbook in itself. I would recommend starting with:

Energy resistances (e.g. resistance to fire 10)
Energy immunities (e.g. immunity to cold)
School/subschool immunities (e.g. immune to polymorph subschool)
Effect immunities (e.g. immune to death or fear effects)
Damage resistance (e.g. barbarian)
Damage immunity (e.g. regeneration)
Environmental effects (e.g. aligned plane effects)
Specific immunities (e.g. void disciple's immunity to spheres of annihilation)

I can help out with soulmelds and spells, so if you like, PM me when you start the thread and I'll contribute.

Thurbane
2015-10-30, 06:30 PM
Great stuff. Those are solid definitions, I believe.

I may not get a chance to start this weekend, but I'll be sure to PM you when I get a start, maybe early next week.