PDA

View Full Version : What If? If You Could Have Your Own Order of the Stick Story...

Tathum
2015-10-30, 04:28 PM
What would you guys want Rich to make? After reading over old comics, I have to admit, I would really love to see a:

WHAT IF TSUKIKO HAD TURNED MIKO'S CORPSE INTO A POWERFUL, SELF-WILLED UNDEAD?

I keep fantasizing about her story starting out with her being weak, pulling herself back together and having trouble keeping her body whole. But, as she remembers her past, she gets stronger, until Sabine fulfill her promise and helps her become an undead Blackguard.

Hilarity would ensue.

How about you guys?

LuisDantas
2015-10-30, 10:04 PM
I would love to see an alternate continuity where Roy got a glimpse of Miko's fragility before pushing her against the wall in #250. IMO that would lead to a far more subtle and interesting conflict than that we had.

Roy and Miko would probably become a couple after a lot of mutual encouragement and growth. Roy's acceptance would lead Miko out of her anger issues and she would ever so slowly yet ever so deeply become a true, even remarkable Paladin.

Miko and Belkar would not engage is such open conflict, because Miko would know better. Without Belkar's distractions, Miko would not lose her way completely, Shojo would survive and be kept on check by Miko and Hinjo, Azure City would triumph against Xykon.

That would leave the main plot solved at the third Gate, of course. But the story could go on for a while more by changing focus towards Tyrinaria and the Dwarven Lands.

Wildroses
2015-10-30, 10:25 PM
I'd like to see Belkar and Mr Scruffy's illusion they had at Girard's Gate, mostly because I'm curious as to what improbable string of events led to Shojo being resurrected to give Mr Scruffy tummy rubs and Belkar to happily live with them. It made me a little sad actually, the poor cat misses his old master and pretty soon he's going to lose his new one too.

Also it would be interesting seeing if Belkar thought the other Stick members and overarching plot of the gates were important enough to care about or if his fantasy just skimmed over them. In fact, as it was Belkar's fantasy it would be interesting showing what is really important to him as you have to take everything he says with a pinch of salt as he isn't above lying for his own amusement.

Porthos
2015-10-30, 10:55 PM
It's no secret that when the KS drive was going down that I was seriously tempted to drop five grand and request an Order of the Snacks (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0301.html) story.

Like, seriously seriously tempted. At the time, though, I didn't have the 5k just lying around.

If something like this ever happens again (and I seriously doubt it will), circumstances in my life have changed enough that I might be able to make good on that threat. :smallwink: :smallamused:

Aside from that, a nice chronicle about my other favorite character, the Oracle, would be seriously cool. Can't get enough of that sarcastic little fella. :smallcool:

brian 333
2015-10-30, 11:13 PM
This comic is secretly about Mr. Scruffy. Perhaps the next one could be openly about him.

littlebum2002
2015-10-31, 10:09 AM
I always wondered what Rich would have done if someone had ordered a MitD story

Rogar Demonblud
2015-10-31, 04:30 PM
I would've liked to have seen Therkla join the Order, even if only temporarily. So many possibilities in the interactions.

Quartz
2015-10-31, 06:44 PM
That would leave the main plot solved at the third Gate, of course.

That's not actually correct: Xykon and Redcloak only need one rift. Were they fended off at Azure City, they could still try for the other two gates.

woweedd
2015-10-31, 11:27 PM
That's not actually correct: Xykon and Redcloak only need one rift. Were they fended off at Azure City, they could still try for the other two gates.
I think he means that, if Miko weren't insane, Soon would have killed Xykon and Redcloak. He was just about to finish them off before Miko destroyed the Gate and then, he could, as he pointed out, just wait until someone corporeal showed up, explain the situation to them and have them take the phylactery and give it to someone who knows how to destroy it.

skim172
2015-10-31, 11:43 PM
It's no secret that when the KS drive was going down that I was seriously tempted to drop five grand and request an Order of the Snacks (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0301.html) story.

Like, seriously seriously tempted. At the time, though, I didn't have the 5k just lying around.

If something like this ever happens again (and I seriously doubt it will), circumstances in my life have changed enough that I might be able to make good on that threat. :smallwink: :smallamused:

Aside from that, a nice chronicle about my other favorite character, the Oracle, would be seriously cool. Can't get enough of that sarcastic little fella. :smallcool:

I like both those suggestions.

I'd also be interested in seeing a prequel about Nale and Tarquin, and what happened between Nale and Malack (quasi-hinted here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0906.html)).

Synesthesy
2015-11-01, 04:19 AM
What if Elan and Nale were shifted as children?

A good Nale and an evil Elan would have been different?

In a humorous way, of course, nothing of too serious.

jidasfire
2015-11-01, 12:23 PM
I still want a crime caper story along the lines of "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" or "Snatch" featuring Hank, Yor, Gannji, Enor, Kaboom Redaxe, the Shadowdancer, Leeky, Pompeii, the Cleric of Loki, and Grubwiggler all running around Greysky City in competition for some crazy magic item or treasure.

Murk
2015-11-01, 01:18 PM
I'd like a sidestory about the orcs that have converted to Banjoism - how they build a monotheistic culture, how they cope with the discrimination by other orcs, how they try to live peacefully and happily on their Island. Even better, how they start out as rivals of the new Azure island nations, but eventually become unlikely friends, standing together against prejudice and hostility!

Some more Leeky is always welcome, though.

Living Oxymoron
2015-11-01, 10:20 PM
A Vector Legion prequel, maybe explaining how they conquered the Western Continent.

Jankmaster98
2015-11-02, 01:28 AM
Forget all that noise, a comic just about that shoulder pads guys and his daring efforts to keep the Vector Legion together would be the best comic. Or really more comics with Hinjo and Lien. I really like those Saphire Guard guys I don't care what people say.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-11-02, 06:30 AM
Blackwing and co, or the Order of the Tick. (I remember there was a very fitting name for this concept in a thread somewhere, but I have no idea where to look for it, if the thread even still exists.) Scruffy, Bloodfeast, Blackwing and possibly a certain defective tiger or even an escaped celestial horse have an adventure, opposing other animals and the demon roaches in order to free their masters from a pit trap in the owl bear caves in the forest, or something like that. Lighthearted, and perhaps with a bit of a Garfield like feel to it, with the lack of speaking characters and all. In fact, maybe just skip the story completely and do short gag strips, powered by a friendly rivalry between Blackwing and Scruffy.

togapika
2015-11-02, 08:07 AM
Some kind of longer length buddy story (comedy, cop, whatever) with O'Chul and the Monster in the Darkness

Murk
2015-11-02, 10:42 AM
This thread is in desparate need of fanfiction.

dtilque
2015-11-03, 12:57 AM
I'd like to see Belkar and Mr Scruffy's illusion they had at Girard's Gate, mostly because I'm curious as to what improbable string of events led to Shojo being resurrected to give Mr Scruffy tummy rubs and Belkar to happily live with them.

I always read that illusion as being almost entirely Scruffy's and only a little bit Belkar's. A cat would not care about continuity so there wouldn't be any string of events. Shojo would just appear.

I assume the illusion was meant to give insight into the Belkar-Scruffy relationship.

jidasfire
2015-11-03, 10:08 AM
Blackwing and co, or the Order of the Tick. (I remember there was a very fitting name for this concept in a thread somewhere, but I have no idea where to look for it, if the thread even still exists.) Scruffy, Bloodfeast, Blackwing and possibly a certain defective tiger or even an escaped celestial horse have an adventure, opposing other animals and the demon roaches in order to free their masters from a pit trap in the owl bear caves in the forest, or something like that. Lighthearted, and perhaps with a bit of a Garfield like feel to it, with the lack of speaking characters and all. In fact, maybe just skip the story completely and do short gag strips, powered by a friendly rivalry between Blackwing and Scruffy.

I would definitely read this one.

Quild
2015-11-03, 10:24 AM
The story of how Xykon's crown is in fact a powerful artefact that Fyron had a hard time to collect from whatever epic quest.

skim172
2015-11-03, 10:44 AM
I still want a crime caper story along the lines of "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" or "Snatch" featuring Hank, Yor, Gannji, Enor, Kaboom Redaxe, the Shadowdancer, Leeky, Pompeii, the Cleric of Loki, and Grubwiggler all running around Greysky City in competition for some crazy magic item or treasure.

That sounds awesome. All those C-list characters finally getting their time in the limelight in a crime comedy about bumbling incompetents getting in each others' way.

I would absolutely love to read that - and the fact that I never will is actually mildly depressing me. :smallfrown:

Ramien
2015-11-03, 03:31 PM
... I want Elan's Rock Opera about Roy's life.

LotusWyvern
2015-11-05, 08:35 PM
I'd like it if the bandits that Miko killed got resurrected and given a second chance so they could have a happy ending.

Ron Miel
2015-11-09, 01:31 PM
What exactly was up with Meat Loaf Day (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0289.html)?

grandpheonix
2015-11-09, 05:31 PM
Maybe... When Nale met Sabine? The rom-com OotS deserves!

StLordeth
2015-11-10, 06:12 PM
I just want a full novel about Redcloak. **** all these side characters like Elan, Tarquin and Durkon. We all know who the real main character is.

On another note, it would have been cool if the Death Knight survived the war, or if Therkla and/or Miko (preferably both) joined The Order full time. Would have changed up a lot of future events and would be interesting to have that much more dynamic to our main group. Especially if they both joined and Roy was never resurrected (Rich defeating cliche tropes in stories) and his arc ended with his loss against Xykon. Different and unique, but hey - maybe I just don't like Roy all too much.

Also, I think the story missed a great opportunity for an amazing recurring villain with Trigak. Unless of course he's going to return soon to top the Julio-return.

Lastly, even though it isn't confirmed, we better get Thog back in the story.

grandpheonix
2015-11-11, 08:54 AM
I just want a full novel about Redcloak. **** all these side characters like Elan, Tarquin and Durkon. We all know who the real main character is.

On another note, it would have been cool if the Death Knight survived the war, or if Therkla and/or Miko (preferably both) joined The Order full time. Would have changed up a lot of future events and would be interesting to have that much more dynamic to our main group. Especially if they both joined and Roy was never resurrected (Rich defeating cliche tropes in stories) and his arc ended with his loss against Xykon. Different and unique, but hey - maybe I just don't like Roy all too much.

Also, I think the story missed a great opportunity for an amazing recurring villain with Trigak. Unless of course he's going to return soon to top the Julio-return.

Lastly, even though it isn't confirmed, we better get Thog back in the story.

Sometimes I wish I could thumbs up posts. Because this, this deserves a thumbs up!

and to add the the conversation, I wouldnt mind getting to see a detailed story on the the souls that were used for the soul splice.