PDA

View Full Version : Optimization D&D ferroplasm

you randomly
2015-10-30, 05:47 PM
(insert generic first post comment)
i am very interested in this material and what kind of uses it may have but in trying to search for anything relating to the material was a failure so if anyone on the forms could help me find some information on them regarding interesting uses or at least explain why nobody seems to care about it

OldTrees1
2015-10-30, 05:52 PM
Is this it? http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/ferroplasm

There appear to only be rules for it being a Psionic only lock on a weapon or armor that is vulnerable to a null psionic field.

However a rich NPC(DM fiat needed) might have a staircase, door handle, or other structural piece made out of it so that it is non functional unless the intruder expends a power point.

ComaVision
2015-10-30, 05:54 PM
It's kind of a cool idea but pretty expensive for a minor bonus. It's the sort of thing I'd use as a DM but not as a player, personally.

Rubik
2015-10-30, 06:06 PM
Ferroplasm was a thing in the 3.0 Psionics Handbook. *Shudder*

you randomly
2015-10-30, 06:15 PM
im not really concert about cost as this is more of theory crafting than practical use, the best use i could think of for it was making a liches phalactery out of it and then having a non-psionic minon (undead maybe) sperate the now melted state and sperating it out in to jars but then this opened up a whole can of worms about if that would destroy the item and if it din't where would the lich respawn

Rubik
2015-10-30, 06:26 PM
im not really concert about cost as this is more of theory crafting than practical use, the best use i could think of for it was making a liches phalactery out of it and then having a non-psionic minon (undead maybe) sperate the now melted state and sperating it out in to jars but then this opened up a whole can of worms about if that would destroy the item and if it din't where would the lich respawnTry using aurorum instead. Ironically enough, it's in the Book of Exalted Deeds.

DrMotives
2015-10-30, 10:33 PM
Ferroplasm IRL is so much more interesting than the treatment it gets in the 3.0 psionics handbook. Look it up on YouTube, it's crazy fascinating stuff.