PDA

View Full Version : Untouchable pacifist Bard build ideas

NevinPL
2015-10-31, 04:06 AM
Untouchable - can bluff before, or dodge during the fight.
Pacifist - no weapons, or damaging spells.

nedz
2015-10-31, 06:57 AM
I assume you mean Buff and not Bluff.

Sacred Vow, Vow of Non Violence and maybe Vow of Peace

Beguiler / Prestige Bard also works for this. Beguilers have no damaging spells.

NevinPL
2015-11-01, 06:49 AM
I assume you mean Buff and not Bluff.
No, I mean Bluff, but not necessary the skill.
Although him disrobing and flexing hueg muscles, thus scaring would be assailants away, is a thought.

Sacred Vow, Vow of Non Violence and maybe Vow of Peace
Vow of Peace is nice, although he still can take an arrow\bolt, or twenty. Or the attacker can make the save.
Other Vows are better, but they make him a "holy saint". He isn't. Far from it.

Beguiler / Prestige Bard also works for this. Beguilers have no damaging spells.
No other classes, PRC's. Just bard.

P.S.
I've used a poopload of luck feats, and some items to do the untouchable part, but maybe it can be done better.

stanprollyright
2015-11-01, 03:39 PM
Half-elf substitution level. Find a way to cast Sanctuary.

Zetapup
2015-11-01, 07:04 PM
For the untouchable part, a starmantle cloak or finding a way to cast starmantle (and preferably keep it going all day) would work pretty well if you can get evasion somehow. You become immune to nonmagical weapon attacks and take half (or no damage with evasion) from magical weapons if you can pass the reflex save.

Talionis
2015-11-01, 09:36 PM
Combat Panache feat could be a solid help and on theme.

Cloak Dance Feat eats your move action, but grants concealment.

Barbarian Horde
2015-11-01, 11:08 PM
Illusions+Celerity+bluff=win? So if I had to summarize it. Pretend you are the wizard of Oz.

NevinPL
2015-11-06, 08:06 AM
Thank you all.

[...]
Beside being on the wrong spell list, it has two other flaws - saving throw spoils, area effects still affects.

[...]
I forgot - about 8th level, but I'll remember it for future use.

[...]
The two first maneuvers of Combat Panache looks good. Cloak Dance looks even better (with some tweaking), but why, for the love of Beory, it's in XPH ? ?!

[...]
I never understood the Celerity fad, IMO it leaves you too exposed after, but with Cloak Dance it could work.