PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt with Warlock

jmt11190
2007-05-26, 12:50 PM
I am trying to make a gestalt character around a warlock. I like the sudden strike and ghost step of the ninja, but the rest of the abilities are obsolete with the fell flight invocation. The barbarian’s d12 health is hard to ignore. What other possible classes would compliment the warlock?

Indon
2007-05-26, 01:08 PM
If you took a template/class like a fiendish or fey sorceror, you could say that you get your warlock powers from making a deal with yourself... :smallbiggrin:

Okay, maybe not. But sorceror does have a similar feel to the Warlock.

You could say that your Warlock powers are, say, celestial in nature (is that allowed?), and take Paladin or Cleric as your second class. Maybe there's a Book of Exalted Deeds feat that would let your Eldritch Blast deal Sacred damage... hmm.

In any case, I'd build it around what you get your warlockish power from. Barbarian? Animal totem. Ninja? Uh, some... darkness... thing. You get the idea.

goat
2007-05-26, 01:10 PM
There's no reason you can't be a cleric and a warlock, you just pray to the demon who gives you your powers.

MeklorIlavator
2007-05-26, 01:18 PM
There's no reason you can't be a cleric and a warlock, you just pray to the demon who gives you your powers.

Actually, a warlock's powers could be from many scources, includin clestial, demonic, devilish, fey, and more. They ae like scorcerer in that there original scource material made it seem as if there was only one flavor, but in actuallity that is only one way to gain the power.

Forrestfire
2007-05-26, 01:19 PM
Three good gesalts for a warlock are these:
1.)Warlock 20//Binder17/Hellfire Warlock 3 or Cleric 16/Contemplative 1/Hellfire warlock 3

Or

2.)Warlock 17/ Hellfire Warlock 3//Pixie 4/Telepath 6/Thrallherd 10

Lastly, My Favorite:

3.)Warlock 17/Hellfire Warlock 3//Gold Dragon 20 (Dragon Magazine #320 has the progression)

Notes on these builds:
1.) You will need a high wisdom for this build to work, also, qualifying for contemplative may be hard, depending on the DM.
2.) This build requires a high intelligence and charisma to work correctly. For your thralls, you should get a 17th level Human Artificer and a 16th level
Human Shaper
3.) This build is good and you only need the normal warlock ability scores for it to work. If you do this build, a psionic item of augmented (ML7) Expansion should be on the tom of your list of items to get. This item will not only boost your size, but it will give you a gargantuan dragon's attacks, including tail sweep.

Kurobara
2007-05-26, 02:57 PM
Scout isn't a bad idea - the fact that you can't do a full attack with Eldrich Blast or Skirmish, so why not combine them? Plus, more skill points never hurt anyone. Possibly Warlock//Scout/Ranger with the Swift Hunter feat.