PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate fear mage

Gambitspades
2015-10-31, 05:29 AM
I want to make a mage that is Sublime at fearing enemies. but i feel like sorc and wiz are so basic.
what class would help me even more in scaring the enemy?

Zanos
2015-10-31, 05:42 AM
You'll want the Dread Witch PrC from Heroes of Horror. You can take your first level in it at 5, and the 4th level of the PrC gives your fear spells the ability to pierce the fear immunity of any creature who's HD is lower than your CL + 4. You get a bunch of other fear related goodies, too.

noob
2015-10-31, 05:43 AM
You want what level of cheese?
I remember there was a fear handbook maybe doing a research would allow you to find it
(it was something like http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809)

nolongerchaos
2015-10-31, 10:04 AM
I like pointing to a Dread Necromancer/Dread Witch, a Black Lore of Moil (CArc) Fell Frightened (HoH) Aura of Terror (SpC) gives your Fear Aura a 15 ft radius and panics anything that fails it's higher than normal DC that penetrates immunity to fear. For added fun, a Naenhoon Illumian (Races of Destiny) can Persist said Aura of Terror.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-10-31, 11:00 AM
Since most fear spells are necromancer a dip into Shadow Adept for a small pile of boosts to necromancer, illusion, and enchantment is always nice.