PDA

View Full Version : Merchants and their wares

CrazedGoblin
2007-05-26, 12:50 PM
is there a list somewhere were i can find out what kind of things merchants would sell in certain towns?

Tellah
2007-05-26, 02:43 PM
You can find the GP limit by town size on page 137 of the DMG. D&D doesn't really have hard and fast rules for shop generation, though.

In my game, each town has a few specialized shops that break the GP limit for their size, as well as a number of shops that carry things under the GP limit. Since the Magic Item Compendium came out, it's much easier to divide up shops thematically, so I've made shops that cater to each body slot as well as special shops for scrolls, wands, dorjes, etc.

the_tick_rules
2007-05-26, 05:15 PM
what he said. it doesn't say specifically what to stock in DM, but it gives general guidelines of like max values of gold worth of items the town has.

Inyssius Tor
2007-05-26, 05:24 PM
In my game, each town has a few specialized shops that break the GP limit for their size, as well as a number of shops that carry things under the GP limit. Since the Magic Item Compendium came out, it's much easier to divide up shops thematically, so I've made shops that cater to each body slot as well as special shops for scrolls, wands, dorjes, etc.

Are you playing in Sigil, or some crazy high-magic homebrew setting?

CrazedGoblin
2007-05-27, 03:28 AM
Thanks guys :smallbiggrin: