PDA

View Full Version : what are the best feats for wildshape?

zylodrizzt
2015-10-31, 07:47 AM
You all might have already seen what the character I'm going to eventually level up to but as a reminder here will be my class levels and why unless someone can convince me otherwise. Moon druid 10 (to get sexy elemental forms)/ rogue 6 (just for cunning action but even better with uncanny dodge expertise and sneak attack)/ monk 2 (mostly ac but parcially for speed anything else gravy)/ goo warlock (telepathy though invocations cool too).

Some things to consider in this campaign sneak attack works in beast form, some invocations (like devils sight) works, monks unarmed works.

The idea was originally to be able to do almost anything I could do in natural form (war forged). Originally was just gonna be a good grappler though I found I could be a good scout too. One other thing to note is that since errata of grappler feat on last bullet was taken out DM allowed for last part of tavern brawler to replace.

Other things to note. I have custom 1st level spell called helping hands. In a nutshell is mage hand but two hands (same space though) my str dex, destroyable and can do anything normal hands can do and last 2 hrs. Also I have ability to cherry pick spells I get to fit theme better. Basically almost all his spells change his form briefly more nature themed like my shocking grasp is my hand changing into an electric eel.

I think I got what I want fleshed out mostly but am open to new ideas. Fairly sure its not optimized but would like it to be and fill the role. Sure seems like fun.

So in conclusion would someone like to help me out with feat selection ( fairly decent stats) that would work in beast form? Invocations (DM lenient so like devil sight works others may too)? Is there a better way?

JellyPooga
2015-10-31, 08:08 AM
I'm going to go ahead and suggest Mobile. Between Wild Shape, Monk bonus speed and Bonus Action: Dash from Rogue, you might as well capitalise on being the fastest darned thing on the table!

Even with the houserule on it, I still wouldn't bother with Grappler unless you really find yourself at a loose end. You've already got a bajillion uses for your Bonus Action, you don't need another. Pin is rubbish and Advantage against someone you're grappling is ok, but by no means great because Advantage is easy to come by in combat. You're better off taking an ASI than this IMO.

Alert, Dungeon Delver, Lucky, Resilient and Skulker are all solid feat choices for the style of character you seem to be looking for.

MaxWilson
2015-10-31, 10:11 AM
So in conclusion would someone like to help me out with feat selection ( fairly decent stats) that would work in beast form? Invocations (DM lenient so like devil sight works others may too)? Is there a better way?

Stats are almost entirely irrelevant for moon druids. I always make a moon druid whenever I roll an array like (11, 12, 12, 10, 13, 8). Make him a variant human with +1 Wis, +1 Con and the Mobile feat and you're golden. Resilient(Con) is good to take early too.