PDA

View Full Version : Balanced class?

Baxter2072
2015-10-31, 05:53 PM
Hello I am Trying to make a monster hunter character that is kinda like a witcher.
I found this online and I was thinking about asking my DM if I could use the witcher class within it,however, it might be unbalanced.
The author does have a table comparing it to fighter battlemaster so it does make me think it isn't as unbalanced as I think.
Can anyone out there verify this for me because I am unsure honestly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Z7ZsrO9VLBZHI1c1o1LTc2cFU/view

ThirdProgenitor
2015-10-31, 09:23 PM
I found a witch hunter class based off the witcher series and posted about it on the forum a few weeks back. I can link it later but the forum is "witch hunter- underpowered?" Turns out, a lot of people seem to think it isn't

Mcdt2
2015-11-01, 09:27 PM
I found a witch hunter class based off the witcher series and posted about it on the forum a few weeks back. I can link it later but the forum is "witch hunter- underpowered?" Turns out, a lot of people seem to think it isn't

This is the thread in question (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?452216-Witch-hunter-underpowered), but it's not at all about the Witcher series. It was made as a tie-in to the recent movie "The Last Witch Hunter". As for the class itself, it has a few issues, but it's not overpowered. I know literally nothing about the Witcher franchise, except that it's a book series and also a video game series, so I couldn't tell you if it is a good fit or not.

Rhaegar14
2015-11-01, 10:03 PM
Witch Hunter is a tie-in to the Vin Diesel movie, but the Order of the Mutant subclass very clearly takes direction from the Witcher. Witchers make a variety of special potions that give them different buffs suited to fighting different monsters. These potions raise the level of toxicity in their bodies and too many can kill them.

Plus the generalized "good at tracking monsters" feature from the parent class, extra attack, and appropriate proficiencies. It's not a perfect representation but it's close.