PDA

View Full Version : I want a JLA movie- and know how we can get one

Grod_The_Giant
2007-05-26, 03:11 PM
Well, the title says it all. I would absolutely love for there to be a good JLA movie. And I think I know a way we can have one without too much confusion.

Keep making superhero movies! A team movie will work better if we don't have to be introduced to every individual hero. We already have Superman and Batman, and there's a Wonder Woman film in the works.

BUT: you have to be careful on these. There are a few substeps.

Get comic book writers involved. Good ones. For example, have George Perez help with the Wonder Woman film. This way, the films hopefully won't stray too far from the character.
Have them (slightly) interconnected. Nothing major- they should still be stand-alone films. But maybe the insinuation that there's some behind-the-scenes foe helping out.
Make sure that watchers understand the films are set in the same universe. Little mentions, like a newspaper headline: Superman Saves City.
Drop hints in the last film or two before the big JLA film.

For the JLA film itself, it should open with a rampaging supervillain strong enough to make heroes work together.

Finally, unveil the big villain: Darkseid!

darkblade
2007-05-27, 08:37 AM
Well, the title says it all. I would absolutely love for there to be a good JLA movie. And I think I know a way we can have one without too much confusion.

Keep making superhero movies! A team movie will work better if we don't have to be introduced to every individual hero. We already have Superman and Batman, and there's a Wonder Woman film in the works.

BUT: you have to be careful on these. There are a few substeps.

Get comic book writers involved. Good ones. For example, have George Perez help with the Wonder Woman film. This way, the films hopefully won't stray too far from the character.
Have them (slightly) interconnected. Nothing major- they should still be stand-alone films. But maybe the insinuation that there's some behind-the-scenes foe helping out.
Make sure that watchers understand the films are set in the same universe. Little mentions, like a newspaper headline: Superman Saves City.
Drop hints in the last film or two before the big JLA film.

For the JLA film itself, it should open with a rampaging supervillain strong enough to make heroes work together.

Finally, unveil the big villain: Darkseid!

Unfortunately this plan involves alot more intelligence than DC's movie department actually posses. I'm not sure I'd want a JLA movie because most of the Super-Hero movies ruin the comics. *CoughSpidermanCough*

Eldpollard
2007-05-27, 04:21 PM
You're saying spiderman's bad. Did you see fantastic four? Even now I wake up all sweaty from the thought, hoping it was all a dream.
But for the record a JLA film would be cool.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-05-27, 08:34 PM
some of the latest films haven't been too bad. Batman Begins was amazing, for example. But, unfortunately, many aren't. That's why one of my steps was having good comic writers like George Perez and Grant Morrison be involved (on some level, at least). Keep things from getting too bad.

And the reason that Darkseid has to be the villain is this:
It really comes down to him or the White Martians. They're the traditional 'first' foe (the modern JLA comic, the animated series...), but Darkseid...is. You can't argue with him. If you want pure, behind-the-scenes-but-still-completely-scary-and-powerful evil, he's your guy. The continuity behind him shouldn't take more then a few minutes to explain.

Lord of the Helms
2007-05-27, 09:42 PM
You're saying spiderman's bad. Did you see fantastic four? Even now I wake up all sweaty from the thought, hoping it was all a dream.

And if you'e watched Daredevil, the Hulk or Batman and Robin, you'll actually think Fantastic Four was a decent movie. I kid you not. And from what I'm hearing, not even those are rock bottom (Catwoman and Elektra supposedly outsuck them) :|

darkblade
2007-05-27, 09:50 PM
But for the record a JLA film would be cool.

And if you'e watched Daredevil, the Hulk or Batman and Robin, you'll actually think Fantastic Four was a decent movie. I kid you not. And from what I'm hearing, not even those are rock bottom (Catwoman and Elektra supposedly outsuck them) :|

Yes those sucked terribly but even the people who watch them for big special effects and fights and know nothing of the comics admit to that. Everyone for some reason likes the Spider-man movies which started bad with bad acting and butchered contuity and has only gotten worse over the course of two sequels.

Holy_Knight
2007-05-29, 09:21 PM

Your information is faulty--NOTHING outsucks "Batman and Robin" *shudder*. :smallfurious:

(Joel Schumacher's still on my hitlist... he'll be brought to justice one day...)