PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Creating Sylvanas Windrunner 3.5

Jonathasz
2015-10-31, 09:30 PM
I have no Ideia how to build her, i was thinking about using Elf with Undead Template
2 Ranger - 1 Wizard - (No ideia) / Char Lvl - 6

avr
2015-10-31, 09:45 PM
A mystic ranger elf with the necropolitan template would be the simplest recipe. Was there anything in particular about her you wanted to replicate?

Vhaidara
2015-10-31, 10:01 PM
Also, which Sylvanas? Reign of Chaos is a straight Ghost Wizard, Frozen Throne is more in the vein of Necropolitan Mystic Ranger, WoW would probably require some kind of gestalt, and Heroes of the Storm would probably need some kind of PF Magus port to Spellstrike ranged debuffs.

Eldaran
2015-10-31, 10:15 PM
And the hearthstone version has a contingent dominate person for when she dies.

Snowbluff
2015-10-31, 10:37 PM
And the hearthstone version has a contingent dominate person for when she dies.

Also, which Sylvanas? Reign of Chaos is a straight Ghost Wizard, Frozen Throne is more in the vein of Necropolitan Mystic Ranger, WoW would probably require some kind of gestalt, and Heroes of the Storm would probably need some kind of PF Magus port to Spellstrike ranged debuffs.

For the record, she's the Banshee Queen because she's literally possessing her own body. When she dies in hearthstone, she just moves onto the next body. To Replicate that, probably a Savage Progression ghost (pick up Malevolence to possess stuff). Other than that, the easy option is Necropolitan.

Now, as for a build, Magus isn't far off the mark, but there are couple of problems.. First off, she can't actually debuff with her arrows in Heroes of the Storm aside from minions, and if you do, it's a poison.

Second, Ranged Spell Strike sucks.

Third, Arcane Archer is the way to go, 3.5 or PF. For Wailing Arrow, load up on a power AoE spell and/or Silence. 3.5 AA let's you cast spells as Standard Action even when they have longer casting times (and Glyphs!), and PF AA gets you a caster level and lets you shot arrows wit ha Swift Action if you have a swift action area spell.

Her charisma should be in the high thirties, mostly because I have thing for adorkably tyrannical dead girls. (But Seriously Probably a Wizard Arcane Archer).

Jonathasz
2015-11-01, 09:26 AM
I was Thinking in the Frozen Thrones version, i am new to D&D so i really needed help to create her

Spore
2015-11-01, 09:42 AM
I can't help with the numbers but I can list her abilities that stayed somewhat consistent throughout the games.

1) Silencing Arrow: Pretty much just Silence cast on an arrow. She is considered to be able to counter spellcasters in WC 3. And her wailing arrow is still a silence in HotS.

2) Black Arrows: Be it poison (HotS), an undead-spawning disease (WC3) or anything else, her special arrows are usually coated in something utility based and while she is possibly a decent Alchemist herself, her current arrow poisons are most likely made by the Royal Apothecary.

2) Dilletante Spellcaster: I wouldn't give her magus spellcasting or anything equal to bard casting. She isn't very capable of casting anything beyond her innate abilities. Her main schtick is major strategy (she is wise and like all leaders charismatic but I feel like she is not book-smart), tactics and

3) Mind Control: In every iteration, Sylvanas can dominate weaker allies without leaving her body. Pretty straight forward.

4) Commanding banshees: Banshees are not D&D Banshees. They feels like shadow demons rather than actual undead. So she either has Command Undead and some source of turning or Leadership. She is not only a Queen who happens to be a banshee but also a queen whose closest cohorts ARE banshees.

Chronos
2015-11-01, 08:59 PM
First off, she can't actually debuff with her arrows in Heroes of the Storm aside from minions, and if you do, it's a poison.
There's a high-level talent that lets her affect heroes with it, too (though it's just a slow instead of a stun).

Also possibly of note, her Black Arrows ability doesn't just apply to her arrows; it's everything that she has that does damage.

Snowbluff
2015-11-01, 11:27 PM
There's a high-level talent that lets her affect heroes with it, too (though it's just a slow instead of a stun).

Also possibly of note, her Black Arrows ability doesn't just apply to her arrows; it's everything that she has that does damage.

The banshee attack is the idiosyncratic one. Withering fire, the dagger, and the wailing arrow are transmitted via physical media. There is also the Poison Spell feat.

As for the heroes being affected, that can e accounted for with a DC improvement.

Spore
2015-11-01, 11:33 PM
I feel most of her attacks in Heroes are just altered attacks from previous iterations made to fit a MOBA style game. Shadow Dagger is a simple AoE of ANY variety really (I am sure 3.5 offers some kind of bow based AoE attack), Withering Fire is a simple Manyshot-Rapid Shot feat combo. It's the banshees she can summon to a degree that could get tricky. Then again, Heroes is set in a weird combat dimension that probably bars all other forms of attacks. Heroes like Rehgar or Malfurion also have three skills and an ultimate each and I don't think anyone would doubt that Malfurion is a fully realized druid.