PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of War Maneuver / Stance Cards

thecrimsondawn
2015-10-31, 10:04 PM
Anyone know a good site or program to make a printable sheet of cards that I can enter data on the many various moves and stances that are offered in the Path of War? If its already made by someone, all the better, but if not what I am looking for is something I can fill data in and print out/cut out, or otherwise make a deck out of.

GilesTheCleric
2015-10-31, 11:58 PM
If you use indesign, give me details for the cards and I'll make you a template.

thecrimsondawn
2015-11-01, 01:33 AM
I do not currently have ID, but it seems I can download a trial easy enough. I am sure what I am trying to do is very baseline easy, I just have little to no artistic experience at all.

The cards I have in mind are rather simple. a box at the top for the name of the move, an area just below that box in the left side telling what type of move it is (strike, boost, stance, ect), and then a large box for the description of the move below that - so basically a header and a body, much like writing an e-mail.

However let me know if this is an option. While this is all fluff for aesthetics, is it possible to have a background picture for the cards so I can change this picture to something related to each style? Silver Crane is one based on holy so it would be white with like angel feathers or something, while scarlet throne would be red with one handed swords.

AoiEMT
2015-11-01, 01:56 AM
If you are down for inserting your own text you could also use draw.io which is 100% free.

Another interesting option I have seen for RPG cards is using the Magic the Gathering set editor program.

thecrimsondawn
2015-11-01, 01:59 AM
If you are down for inserting your own text you could also use draw.io which is 100% free.

Another interesting option I have seen for RPG cards is using the Magic the Gathering set editor program.

I will check out draw.io, but like I said, I have little in the way of art skills. Of course making 2 boxes inside a box is simple enough, but I am hoping for something with a bit more quality to it.
Funny you should say that, I was just thinking about using MTG, only MTG cards have a picture box too, and that eats up a lot of space.

AoiEMT
2015-11-01, 03:58 AM
Funny you should say that, I was just thinking about using MTG, only MTG cards have a picture box too, and that eats up a lot of space.

Draw.io is definitely designed for all art levels.

Also check out this reddit post for a way to make the cards do more what you like!

https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/28rszn/xpost_recently_ran_an_iron_kingdoms_game_at_a/

Novawurmson
2015-11-01, 05:01 AM
Google Docs also has a "drawing" option. I've been using it to make cards for board games I'm working on.

Sayt
2015-11-01, 05:50 AM
I just took a Magic:The Gathering card, cut a sheet of refill into shape around them, wrote the maneuver on the refill, and put them in a card-sleeve with a magic card for rigidity.

Not Pretty, admittedly, but functional.

thecrimsondawn
2015-11-01, 09:48 AM
I found a few templates sort of like what I wanted online for tarot cards that I can use, but now I need to figure out how to turn this one massive 8'11 card into 9 (or more) per sheet.

I am thinking maybe doing a print set up to print several, but saving it as a PDF, then using that pdf to write on. Its quite a few steps, but it should work. Also I have this feeling there is a really easy way to do this that I just dont know either lol.

AoiEMT
2015-11-01, 10:32 AM
really easy way to do this that I just dont know either lol.

Like this?

http://www.thegm.org/perramsSpellbook_custom.php

You can designate different colors and nearly mimic PoW listings. With maybe a few extraneous labels.

thecrimsondawn
2015-11-01, 02:19 PM
Like this?

http://www.thegm.org/perramsSpellbook_custom.php

You can designate different colors and nearly mimic PoW listings. With maybe a few extraneous labels.

I am going to bookmark that, thanks!

My roomy has photo shop it seems and he is letting me use it to make this project. I will give a printable download zip when I am done in a new thread for anyone that wants to use it too.

GeeB
2019-08-13, 10:24 AM
Sorry to dig this up, but since this is one of the top google results for PoW maneuver cards I thought it would be the right place to post my freshly made cards.

The cards are approximately magic card size, so that you could put them in a card sleeve (together with a trading card for stability when you use normal paper) for durability and use.
My idea was to use them like MTG cards. Put all your readied maneuvers in front of you and whenever you use them, you “tap “(turn it sideways) the card and “untap” it when you regain them. The excel sheet has four separate pages, each for one type of maneuver and one for stances. The different types are colored: red for strikes, green for boosts, blue for counters and gray for stances. The layout relevant cells are locked but can be unlocked without a password. You can either finish your needed cards directly in excel or by handwriting. One page contains eight cards (printing border 1cm or smaller). The stance cards are pretty empty and I decided to use them sideways and maybe add an appropriate picture for flavor reasons.

Looks like I'm not allowed to post links :(

.dropbox.com/s/hkibbfyj8dukop7/PF-PoW-Cards.xlsx?dl=0

just add the "www" in front.

truemane
2019-08-13, 03:17 PM
Metamagic Mod: Thread Necromancy is a forbidden art.