PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder help with debuffer oracle

Kahlendrrari
2015-11-01, 01:26 AM
Looking for help with spells for a debuffing oracle of bone. this is what i have for a build so far:
Male Dhampir
Oracle of Bones 9
N Medium Humanoid (Dhampir)
Initiative: +3
Senses: lowlight vision; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3
Language: common
__________________________________________________ ____________
Armor Class: 13; flat footed: 10; touch: 13
(+3 Dex)
HP: 53; (9 HD)
Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +6; Will: +7
Speed: 30 ft.
Melee: +6/+1 (dagger; 1d4/19-20 X 2)
Melee: +6 (touch; as spell)
Ranged: +9 (ranged touch; as spell)
Base Attack: +6; Combat Maneuver Bonus: +6; Combat Maneuver Defense: +9
Attack Options: command undead, grave touch,
Spell-like Abilties: 3/day- detect undead
Oracle Spells Known: (caster level: 9; DC = 15 + spell level)
(5/day) 4th Level: divine power, fleshworm infestation, inflict critical wounds, slay living
(7/day) 3rd Level: animate dead, bestow curse, blindness/deafness, inflict serious wounds, vision of hell
(7/day) 2nd Level: deathknell, desecrate, false life, hold person, inflict moderate wounds, spiritual weapon
(8/day) 1st Level: cause fear, divine favor, doom, inflict light wounds, murderous command, ray of sickening, shield of faith
(*/day) 0 Level: bleed, detect magic, detect poison, guidance, read magic, resistance, stabilize, virtue
__________________________________________________ _____________
Abilities: Str: 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 20
Special Qualities: bloodline power, light sensitivity, negative energy affinity, oracle's curse, oracle's mystery, resist level drain
Feats: command undead, eldritch heritage (undead), skill focus: Knowledge (religion), spell focus (necromancy), undead master
Skills: Bluff (Chat) +11, Diplomacy (Cha) +8, Disguise (Cha) +8, Heal (Wis) +8, Intimidate (Cha) +17, Knowledge (religion) (Int) +17, Sense Motive (Wis) +9, Spellcraft (Int) +14, Stealth (Dex) +11
Possessions:

1. Oracle 1: mystery (bones), oracle's curse (wasting), orisions, revelation: (armor of bones); Bluff (Cha) +1, Intimidate (Cha) +1, Knowledge (religion) (Int) +1, Sense Motive (Wis) +1, Spellcraft (Int) +1, Stealth (Dex) +1
Feat: skill focus: Knowledge (religion)

2. Oracle 2: mystery spell (cause fear); Diplomacy (Cha) +1, Disguise (Cha) +1, Heal (Wis) +1, Intimidate (Cha) +1, Knowledge (religion) (Int) +1,Spellcraft (Int) +1

3. Oracle 3: revelation (undead servitude); Bluff (Cha) +1, Intimidate (Cha) +1, Knowledge (religion) (Int) +1, Sense Motive (Wis) +1, Spellcraft (Int) +1, Stealth (Dex) +1
Feat: eldritch heritage

4. Oracle 4: +1 Cha; mystery spell (false life); Diplomacy (Cha) +1, Disguise (Cha) +1, Heal (Wis) +1, Intimidate (Cha) +1, Knowledge (religion) (Int) +1,Spellcraft (Int) +1

5. Oracle 5: —; Bluff (Cha) +1, Intimidate (Cha) +1, Knowledge (religion) (Int) +1, Sense Motive (Wis) +1, Spellcraft (Int) +1, Stealth (Dex) +1
Feat: spell focus (necromancy)

6. Oracle 6: mystery spell (animate dead); Diplomacy (Cha) +1, Disguise (Cha) +1, Heal (Wis) +1, Intimidate (Cha) +1, Knowledge (religion) (Int) +1,Spellcraft (Int) +1

7. Oracle 7: revelation (raise the dead); Bluff (Cha) +1, Intimidate (Cha) +1, Knowledge (religion) (Int) +1, Sense Motive (Wis) +1, Spellcraft (Int) +1, Stealth (Dex) +1
Feat: undead master, Bonus Feat: command undead

8. Oracle 8: +1 Cha; mystery spell (slay living); Diplomacy (Cha) +1, Disguise (Cha) +1, Heal (Wis) +1, Intimidate (Cha) +1, Knowledge (religion) (Int) +1,Spellcraft (Int) +1

9. Oracle 9: —; Bluff (Cha) +1, Intimidate (Cha) +1, Knowledge (religion) (Int) +1, Sense Motive (Wis) +1, Spellcraft (Int) +1, Stealth (Dex) +1
Feat:(open)

Spore
2015-11-01, 08:33 AM
Dual Cursed and the Misfortune Revelation REALLY brings the debuffs to the next level. I always feel debuffs are too weak compared to buffs simply because players usually don't save vs. buffs.

Kahlendrrari
2015-11-01, 07:56 PM
Not really what I was looking for..... mainly looking for help with the spell selection, as the rest of the build has pretty much been hashed out.

Psyren
2015-11-02, 09:32 AM
Not really what I was looking for..... mainly looking for help with the spell selection, as the rest of the build has pretty much been hashed out.

There's no need to be so aggressive when you're asking for help.

You have most of the good debuff spells picked already (cause fear, ray of sickness, hold person etc.) Unless the party is lawful evil I would skip Vision of Hell, otherwise you will debuff them too. Dispel Magic is the main "debuff" every caster should pick up, especially a spontaneous caster. You aren't built to be a gish so I would drop Divine Power and replace it with Blessing of Fervor.

Also, it's not a debuff spell, but pick up Grace - it lets you reposition all over the battlefield with impunity.

For more, check out an oracle or cleric handbook (they have something like 90% overlap.)

Geddy2112
2015-11-02, 12:57 PM
Looks pretty solid for spells. might want to consider bane at higher levels. Cause fear has an HD cap, divine favor tops at +3 and shield of faith becomes obsolete with a ring of protection. Bane is nothing special, but it works all the way to level 20 and is an AoE spell.

For your orisons, why don't you have create water? Bleed is useless, as is resistance once the party has cloaks of resistance(and I assume you do at level 9). Stabilize is almost useless, and virtue is probably the worst orison around. Mending and create water are both very useful, as is light. Purify food and drink is situational but still better than virtue.

Spore
2015-11-02, 01:22 PM
Cantrips: Create Water, Light.
1st level: Bless (because you shouldn't ONLY limit yourself to debuffs), Obscuring Mist (interrupt LoS for enemy spellcasters, archers and charging melee guys), Protection from Evil (Protection from Mind Control and summoned creatures), Sanctuary (helping you when you're encircled by ambushing rogues), Liberating Command (immediate action reroll of Escape Artist).
2nd level: Deathknell is a terrible spell, don't take it, do get: Pilfering Hand (to steal anything from anyone really), Lesser Restoration (I don't care if you are no support, you should have this if you have access to it), Silence (I probably shouldnt have to tell a caster how debuffing a silence spell is), Resist Energy (it is always worth it to survive a Fireball to the face)
3rd level: Swap Visions of Hell for Archon's Aura, the debuff helps vs. enemy saves., Prayer, Chain of Perdition (shackle down that pesky wizard back there)
4th level: Airwalk (flight is so vital only skip this if you have a spontaneous caster with Fly in the party), Blessing of Fervor, Debiliating Portent (enemies save or do half damage), Restoration, Summon Monster IV

You should really diversify your spell pool rather than having 5-7 options for debuffing and nothing to heal, support or help your tactical position on the map. With only the inflict line of spells you could even take "Shield Other" and Shield your tank because then you can heal yourself if needed.

Remember to get some scrolls of Remove Paralysis to create Fast Zombies if you find a suitable corpse for that. A Zombie Ogre isn't so useful but a Fast Zombie Ogre is.

Thing is: Your build is not a debuffer oracle. It is a necromancer with too many debuffs slapped into the spell sheet. Your undead are poor beyond words if you cannot buff them. A debuffer would go for other feat choices.