PDA

View Full Version : Working on an RPG Shmup game, looking for someone to collaborate with.

AgentPaper
2015-11-01, 05:02 PM
Hey guys, so I'm working on a shoot-em-up game (ie: Space Invaders) using Game Maker Studio, and working on the project alone is a bit rough, so I'm looking for someone to collaborate with make the game. I can handle all of the programming and probably most of the game, level, and system design, but I'm no artist, so if someone could help me with the art (probably just some simple 2d pixel art) and ideally sound as well. More than anything though, I want someone to chat with while working on the game, bounce ideas back and forth with, and who's just as invested in the game as I am (part of why I haven't tried to flesh out the details of the story too much yet).

The basic premise of the game is that the player is a bounty hunter in space, working out of a space station and piloting his ship on various missions to collect the bounty on massive aliens (the boss of each level). As he completes missions, the story progresses and he finds new parts and earns money to buy even more parts, slowly upgrading his ship to take on ever more difficult bounties. The story itself would mostly be told through text boxes mid-level as the various characters talk back and forth about what's going on, and probably a few basic cutscenes for important events as well.

Since this is just a hobbyist project, there won't be any compensation for this, though any revenue that does come in would be split evenly. Really though, I don't expect to make much from this, and if you're interested just for making money this probably isn't the project for you.

Fri
2015-11-02, 04:23 AM
Sounds simple and fun enough, but sadly, I'm not a pixel artist.

You might have more luck asking this on the art subforum. Might.

danzibr
2015-11-02, 07:16 AM
Hey, I'm using GM:S too. Currently about to finish a Udemy course. I've scratched the surface of pixel art... I have very little free time, which I split between writing and my own stuff, and to be honest my stuff is going to be very crude (intentionally so, like NES games), but hey, good to know a fellow forum-goer's using GM:S.

In fact, there's a game development thread in this subforum.