PDA

View Full Version : Dnd 3.5 campaign problems

Thereeldeal
2015-11-01, 11:16 PM
So I am currently playing in a DM created world that is mostly swamp. Not really a main story or problem just that the is a sickness of some kind killing people. But we have had 6 sessions an done zero combat and almost no progression into any kind of story. Iam one of five PCs and I am very bored for the entire three to four hour session. Its very slow moving mostly because of getting distracted with talking to a bartender for no reason or namin a pet slug or other not important things. I would like some tips to get the game moving or to be exciting

oxybe
2015-11-01, 11:51 PM
Don't bring this to us, bring it to the GM.

Explain to him that you're frustrated with the lack of progress and direction of the game and you would like them to give the party some sort push or hook as you're not sure what you should be doing.

Like many issues you have in the game, your No.1 recourse should be to discuss with the GM/group.

Nobot
2015-11-02, 04:32 AM
If you think the other players are bothered by it as well, I would go with oxybe's advice. However, if you're the only player that finds this slug-naming, talking to bartenders, and not fighting boring, then maybe it's the wrong group for you.

hifidelity2
2015-11-02, 06:28 AM
I have to agree with Nobot

some groups love the nitty gritty of chatting to the barman and having a long argument on what to call their pet (Slug)

If you can find a group that is more action orientated or find something you enjoy - start a fight in said bar for example

Inevitability
2015-11-02, 09:33 AM
There's only one way to solve this:

1. Pazuzu pazuzu pazuzu.
2. "Hey, Pazzy! Want to corrupt me in exchange for a skull talisman of Apocalypse from the Sky?"
3. Look upon the charred ruins you created. Except you probably can't because you'll be dead.
4. Join with a new character, who does get to look upon the charred ruins you created.

JK

Fizban
2015-11-02, 10:25 AM
I'm surprised you've stuck it out this long. If you haven't done so already, you should really stop and ask what people are doing. If you've related the events accurately, that's 20 hours of game time spend goofing around. Most people will be quick to point out that a focus on roleplaying is perfectly valid, but come on. If you signed up for DnD and made a character sheet full of weapons and combat stats, you know perfectly well you're not there to argue about slug names.