PDA

View Full Version : TW: Celestial Winds (IC)

ArcaneStomper
2015-11-02, 01:47 AM
January 1st, 2020

It is a new year in the solar system. Of course that concept is becoming increasingly obsolete as civilizations spreads among the planets with all their varying orbits. But the majority of humanity still calls the blue world of Earth home, and so the calendar retains its conventions despite so many other changes.

And when everyone goes by the same calendar they all enjoy the same holidays. From the shaded bases on Mercury to the cold outposts of Saturn people stop and and take the time to do something special. The daredevils complete a kilometer high plunge into the upper atmosphere of Venus. Braving the acidic clouds and boiling temperature in an attempt to set newer and faster speed records. Most people think they are crazy, but videos taken from their helmet cameras are among the most watched sequences in the system.

Corporations around the solar system continue working with minimal reference to the holiday. The employees of the Phoenix corporation have a few drinks and enjoy their double pay, but have no time for a real celebration. Not when the great twilight trawlers must keep on rolling. The Rust Consortium's annual board meeting regarding the terraforming project meets and concludes that all projects are currently on target or ahead of schedule. The accompanying yearly bonus has an enlivening effect on office parties throughout Mars.

On Earth the last of the true nation states release addresses from their leaders in various forms. The demigod Tiberius transmits a message that is one part status update and one part divine inspiration to the citizens of the Commonwealth. The transcendent communication is almost impossible to decipher for those who lack the Commonwealth's heavy augmentations, but it certainly seems to please the citizens themselves. In a similar, but much more comprehensible vein Prince Iskander speaks before a crowd of millions of loyal Imperials of the strength of the Empire and how far they have come from their humble beginnings.

The secretive Brotherhood have arcane rituals and conventions of their own, but they take the time to publish a paper on the curing of a type of disease caused by certain genetic mutations in the presence of high mana leylines. Nobody knows what the deep collective does. Those secretive miners haven't had contact with outsiders for years. The scientists of Reach maintain their dogged insistence that it isn't the New Year for them, and won't be for another 20,000 days.

The non humans in the system have less dealings with what is a traditionally human holiday. The hybrids of the Harmonius Seed test the effects of alcohol on their binary forms. The results are not discussed ever again, but are thought to include disjointed poetry and cyber attacks on the gardens of their parent hives. The many faceted being known as the Garden of Outward Reflection on Differences and the Annihilation of Despicable Thoughts has no concept of time in the human sense. So it's ode in Silicon and hydrogen to the Refinement of Proper Argument continues without interruption.

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?454569-TW-Celestial-Winds-%28OOC%29)

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-11-02, 03:38 AM
Caroline has some business to take care of, right from the get-go.

Greetings, Nations of The Inner Rings. As many of you dislike frivolous flair, I will keep this message brief and strictly to business, there will be time for pleasantries later. I would like to propose a Pax Meteoris, a peace treaty amongst all of our nations. We can talk specific relations, deals, and alliances afterwards, but I would like us to have a common ground of peace.

I believe that not only will this foster some trust between us for future negotiations, but delivering a unified front of peace and prosperity will grant a good standing amongst other nations.

The deal is simple. No Military or Espionage attacks against each other. Beholden only to those that haven’t already broken the treaty, and can be backed out without penalty provided 1 turn’s negotiations (in good faith) to resolve the issues that cause somebody to want to back out.

According to the rules, the Reputation bonus is +1 for 2 nations agreeing, +1 Reputation for each additional nation in the Pax Meteoris. So if 5 Nations join the Pax, that is +4 Reputation to us all.

Hello Harmonious Collective, and Djinn fellows, this is Bishop Sayaka speaking. As we are all aware, some outlying territories have been spotted on the outskirts of the Red Rift. Rather than bicker over territories and expend excessive energy fighting, I propose we split the new ground evenly, and settle the matter of the lines being drawn before we both wind up with a standoff and ‘neither’ of us getting ‘anything’.

Treaty is simple. Territories will be given to each player in an even split. Neither of us will settle in or barricade the territories designated to other parties of the contract, nor will we launch military or espionage operations upon the other factions at any time.
+2 Reputation to us all for making the treaty, I believe.

A_Dinosaur
2015-11-02, 10:06 PM
The New Pact of Atlantis [espionage 10]

A flurry of sparks and flares swept across the lake of the dragon, named for the ceaseless bubbles surging from its depths. The new years fireworks have the lake a festive glow, and clever children were flying camera drones through the display, marveling at a new way technology have them to experience an ancient tradition.

New years for the Atlanteans was still some weeks away, the standard calendar of the surface didn't apply well to their strange little biome. There was no seasonal cycle and this the calendar was a magical construct for measuring mana surges. Still, on an effort to integrate more comfortably with the surface they had adopted many of our holidays.

To Algeria
Greetings distant Algeria, we have admired your political philosophy for many years and think you should be the first we approach with a new idea. We wish to start a research project with the goal of economic, research, even military and intelligence infrastructure densification. With the earth now being a very full world and most economies at there growth limit we feel this tech, made public to all would go a long way to reducing the potential for wear on a devastating modern scale. Would you have interest in contributing to such a project?

To the daredevil association
Salutations to you, the NPA is considering seeing up a couple of outposts on Venus and maybe doing a bit of terrified on earth's second closest neighbor, you folks have any typos for a good landing zone? Preferably an easier start.
Also, huge fans of the dive cams, you guys are rocking it over there.

To the Commonwealth, ASSYRIA, the Vuurkokej Empire, Algiers, any NPC nation with greater than 8 stat points
given the current state of world affairs and the growing crisis of overcrowding the new Pact would like to invite a representative from each of the major nations to a congress in our city to discuss solutions. Transportation will be provided.

Internal
couple of questions related to setting. Are there any earth based ongoing conflicts/crisises?
Is piracy still a problem?
What is happening in eastern Russia, Oceania, and western north america? Looking for safe expansion options. Might not

Thelonius
2015-11-03, 06:58 AM
The Reach [ESP 2]

The Ultraviolet Kingdom

Most esteemed Caroline of UVK,

Your proposal shall be taken under consideration by the Reach.

May you find prosperity in your home,
Bao Xun, Director of Reach.

Main Belt Factions

I would like to offer for your consideration, a treatiy to ensure peaceful coexistence and fruitful cooperation between out factions.

Proposal: Main Belt Non-Aggression Treaty

The Reach, Deep Collective and the Bleak Ark conclude a non-aggression treaty. It can be dissolved with a [1 Turn] advance warning.

The Rust Consortium

Greetings to the sagacious Rust Consortium,

The Reach would like to propose a series of treaties, that would be of great mutual benefit.

Trade
The Reach and Rust Consortium would dedicate [2 Economy] to establishment of Trade Route between Rust Consortium and Reach.

Research Treaty
Both Rust Consortium and the Reach will commit [4 Research] to joint projects in the areas of advancement of [Research], [Eonomy], , [Terraforming] and [Trade], specific projects selected by mutual agreement of both parties. This treaty can be dissolved at any moment, before commitment of research resources.

Declaration of Protection/Colonization Support
The Reach will guaranty territorial sovereignty of the Rust Consortium on Mars and support its terraforming projects.

The Rust Consortium will support Reach's effort at colonizing the solar system, as expressed in Reach's [Influence] initiatives.*

Yours sincerely,
Bao Xun, Reach Director

*[[I]I want my Influence stat to benefit from Rust Consortium's presence.]

silphael
2015-11-03, 07:55 PM
Consortium Omega, ESP 10

To the Whole System (may take some time to reach the farthest people) :
I believe, and I think it's the same for all of you, that a war is no good for all of us. The prosperity of our people is at utmost priority, and I wish we can all work together toward that goal.

Nyna
2015-11-03, 10:32 PM
Mitsuharu Academy
D.ESP: 4

The beginning of the 'new year' brings with it plenty of celebration by the students at the Academy, who will look for any excuse to party. Mercury itself had experienced numerous 'new years' in the time that it took Earth to experience one, but that didn't really matter. Still, the New Year didn't exactly make all of the Academy's problems go away. They were now effectively isolated from their original schools on Earth, which had closed down, and now the Sssl on Mercury turned out to house a major military arm which would make any government nervous, much less a research facility like their own. More likely than not, it was going to be a busy year for everyone... and likely more busy years to come, for that matter.

The presence of such a major military Sssl force on Mercury is of concern to us here at the Academy. We request a clear explanation as to your plans moving forward, and a public declaration of your intention to not cause war here on Mercury. Relocating a significant portion of your military force off-world would go a long way towards reducing tensions moving forward.

Greetings from the Academy. I would like to propose a partnership moving forward. The presence of Neptune's Trident is a threat to us both, and I believe we would both benefit from a publicly declared defensive pact to ensure that the Sssl military does not get any strange ideas.

Greetings from the Academy. I would like to propose an alliance of sorts, as it seems both of our groups are in fairly similar situations. If you'd be interested in a partnership, we could possibly discuss trade or a joint research project moving forward.

Greetings from Mercury. I'd like to propose a possible exchange of goods and knowledge (a trade route) between our two groups moving forward. I believe that there is plenty of valuable research data that we could exchange that would help both of our factions out moving forward.

Greetings from Mercury. I'd like to propose a possible exchange of goods and knowledge (a trade route) between our two groups moving forward. I believe that there is plenty of valuable research data that we could exchange that would help both of our factions out moving forward.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-11-03, 10:42 PM
That sounds like a good idea. There are lots of goods and assets potential of trade, as well as knowledge. Are there any specifics?

ArcaneStomper
2015-11-03, 11:43 PM
We would happy to sign such a treaty. we have no intention of attacking anyone. And mutual assurances of peace can only help the political situation between our people.

To Everyone Who Tried to Contact The Deep Collective
The Deep Collective never return any messages.

Equitable Distribution.
Adequate Resolution
Terms Acceptable

We don't land unless it's on a dare. And even then a lot of us have died trying. The surface of Venus is a death zone. So we use floating dive platforms instead.

There are no current conflicts on Earth. At least not organized ones between major powers.

Piracy is not a problem at the moment. But on the other hand there aren't really and lucrative trade routes to steal from either.

Eastern Russia is still the domain of the Soviet Union. They are one of the last remaining world powers from before the Masquerade shattered. But no one really knows if they are still relevant any more as they don't make waves anymore.

Oceania is basically a bunch of independent islands with no central leadership. The only real problem is having too many tourists.

The northern parts of North America, in what used to be Canada are generally populated by kobolds. Former humans who have modified themselves with draconic features. They are divided into clans that each worship/serve a different dragon.

In what used to be the United States the land is basically in anarchy. California is literally gone. Ripped out and moved to Mars. Zones of forest filled with highly dangerous critters have grown all over the place. Roaming gangs of thugs and savages use a mixture of magic and scavenged technology to survive, but there aren't that many of them. That's on the west coast. Further east there are more pockets of civilization which are all basically communes of laid back hippies.

Mexico and Central America are part of the Commonwealth. A transhuman society, which is doing quite well for itself.

The terms appear to be agreeable. However we would first like to clarify what research projects you are interested in. And what the Reach's initiatives would be that we would be expected to support.

Consortium Omega Statement Reactions
Most of the powers in the system echo the Consortium's statements and agree that war is non productive. A few of the more cynical ones note that even if it wasn't the Consortium isn't exactly likely to be attacked any time soon.

We don't expect them to make any moves. And Sssl making an aggressive action would get the whole human fleet on whatever passes for their heads. Still we can agree to that. If only to protect us from other human raiders.

cybric
2015-11-04, 01:20 AM
Neptune's Trident

D. ESP 4

Joyful exclamation
Greetings are presented Human.

Your request for the withdrawal of our forces from Mercury has been accessed and denied.

Our current forces are a planetary defense force insuring security for our interests

While we are uncomfortable moving our defense force off world, as mobilization would be seen by other parties as provocation, we are open to the topic of a planetary peace treaty.

This would involve a public declaration of intent from both of our factions to avoid both hard and soft conflict if possible and work toward mutually beneficial outcomes. Conflict on Mercury gains us both little. While we have military material we are lacking in research capacity and your academy would make for a ideal partner. We have an opportunity to establish a working relationship that could lead to increased productivity and well being for both our people.

The Trident would like to propose a joint research project involving the use of Sssl constructor matrices for use in industrial production and infrastructure creation/ terraforming operations. As one of the more resource deprived planets Mercury must be made as efficient as possible

In addition we would like establish trade between our factions as well as this will lead to increased understanding between our people and economic gains as well.

We await your response.

Polite introduction

We would like to establish a planetary peace agreement between the Phoenix Consortium, Mitsuharu Academy, and Neptune's Trident. This would take the form of a public declaration of intent the our parties will not engage in hard or soft conflict with each other, that conflicts that do arise should be solved nonviolently, and that cooperation benefits Mercury more than conflict. The Sssl are tested warriors that could be a valuable friend in the future.

We of the Trident believe that our interests as well as those of the people of Mercury will be served by agree to work towards cooperation and not conflict

The Trident would also be interested in economic opportunities that the consortium maybe interested in. While the majority of our materials are currently dedicated to warfare we are interested in economic growth. We believe that our crystal matrices magitech can be applied readily to solar power conversion as well as development of new processors.

We await your reply.

Nyna
2015-11-04, 08:20 AM
Mitsuharu Academy
D. ESP: 4

Public Statement
The Mitsuharu Academy and the Phoenix Consortium have agreed upon a mutual defense pact that will remain in place for the foreseeable future. Any hostile actions against one of our groups will be seen as a hostile action to us both.

You state that your military forces here are necessary for maintaining your 'interests', but you never say what those interests are. You also state that they are merely a 'defense' force, but (10 Mil) does not constitute a defense force, but an invasion party capable of wiping out both ourselves and the Phoenix Consortium without much difficulty. While we would appreciate a peaceful relationship here on Mercury, we cannot feel comfortable with such a massive military branch from a species not native to Earth sitting right on our doorstep. To be blunt, the Sssl just very recently initiated an attack on the entirety of Earth, and while we do understand that this was not the will of the species as a whole, we find it difficult to have faith when an invasion fleet is within striking distance of Earth itself, not to mention ourselves.

So again, we request that you explain your plans moving forward, publicly declare your intent to not cause war, and move at least half of your forces off world and out of attack range.

Initially, this would involve a trade route between our two groups. Depending on our situation here on Mercury this (turn), we may or may not be able to commit the (2 ECON) necessary to open the route, but we should definitely be able to handle at least (1 ECON) worth, and we can make up the difference in the proceeding (turns) by contributing (TP) equal to the difference.

Basically, we commit 4 ECON total, or 2 ECON each to open a trade route, which will earn us 1 TP each moving forward. However, depending on how things look moving closer to EOT, I may or may not have 2 ECON to spare. I'll still definitely have 1 ECON, though, and since we can spend 3 TP each turn (equilvalent to 1 ECON) to 'improve' the trade route, I can make up the difference in the following turn to improve the trade route if you're able to commit 3 ECON this turn. Still, that's up in the air, right now I should be able to provide 2 ECON.
In addition, while this isn't immediately relevant to the Academy's interests, we imagine that the Ultraviolet Kingdom will soon have a need for a faster drive than 1 AU. If you could round up one or two other factions, we'd be more than happy to participate in a research agreement in this regard. We might suggest the Consortium Omega on Saturn as they will definitely have a similar need, and perhaps Storm's Wake on Mars or one of the main belt factions. While we of course realize that research is not the Ultraviolet's Kingdom's focus, we imagine that you can likely secure the services of a number of researchers for a limited time (via Influence) for something like this, if you're interested.

Thelonius
2015-11-04, 08:57 AM
The Reach [ESP 2]

Rust Consortium

We propose two projects - you can select, the one you prefer.

Project ACF I

We propose research into Automated Cargo Freighters. A new generation of pilot-less ships, that will ferry the goods across the solar system. The lack of human crews would allow for greater acceleration and cargo space. Naturally, such project would require research in problem identification and maintenance - without human crews to keep on top of any issues, there's increased risk from faults and design mistakes.

[Research Objective: Increase Economy, give a Boost to Trade Routes]

Ship Acceleration Station

A space station that will be able to create considerable acceleration for any ship, thus shortening travel time between planets. Naturally, in addition to acceleration this project would include research into life support measures, that would prevent the crew and goods from suffering from ill-effects as well as means to kill acceleration, once the ship approaches its target.

[Objective: Economy, from faster trade ships. Decrease in travel times, if Station is used. Would require construction of the Station and perhaps extra costs to reinforce ships/kill acceleration.]

Reach Initiatives

We plan to expend our to establish a social and police presence on Mars, acquiring control of [2 Territories]. Our objective is to provide planetary and near-orbit security to prevent pirate attacks and deter hostile takeovers, as well as encourage PR efforts to secure financial investment and high-skill immigration to Mars, in order to advance its terraforming and development.

The Brotherhood of the Dawn and The Daredevil Association

Dear Mr. Artemis and Magister Lorun,

The Reach's objective is colonization in a way that would of benefit mankind and preserve the beauty and richness of our beloved Sol System. It is our concern, that with population growth, the Venus will eventually, and in not so far future, will become a major migration direction, that would see the current unique features of Venus give way to the needs of billions of people.

We in Reach would like to preserve the current state of Venus, that no doubt attracted you to it. This can be accomplished by immigration control and opening of alternative colonization initiatives to the more suitable locations. The Reach shall take care of the second, but we naturally need support of the Venusians in order to enact reasonable inter-system immigration policies.

We propose the following Treaty, that our police forces would support:

Venus Territorial Utilization Act

[I]No group outside of Venus, may claim territory on Venus, without uniform consent of The Brotherhood of the Dawn, The Daredevil Association and Reach.

Special Condition:
The Reach will be granted special permission to control 1 Territory on Venus, and be able to expand its territorial presence only with permission of Brotherhood and Daredevil Association.

This Treaty will secure the natural beauty and uniqueness of Venus against threats of unauthorized colonization attempts, that would threaten to loot its planetary resources, militarize or destroy its unique culture.

cybric
2015-11-04, 11:58 AM
Neptune's Trident

Esp 4

Public Declaration
We agree to a public pledge to not attack if that pledge took the form of a peace treaty between our two factions. We will both publicly declare our intent for cooperation. Your requests make no mention of your dedication to not attack and so it makes us leery of committing to nonviolence if you are not willing reciprocate the notion.

Our Interests and intentions
Our interest on Mercury is the establishment of a world where the Sssl and Humans can coexist and to prepare against another attack from a extra solar system enemy. We were enslaved once to the will of an outside force which made us attack humanity for them. They enslaved an entire race to take control of your solar system. Do you not think that they will attempt to do so again? What will your people do when they arrive? We intent to help humanity and sssl progress towards becoming able to repel these invaders should they attempt another invasion.

The first step in building towards our goal is the development of Mercury into a economic zone. We intend to grow factories, shipping ports, logistics centers for managing of materials as well as develop faster star drives for commercial purposes.

Please define your intentions as well in good faith.

Military Transfer
Your request that we move half of our forces off world is unreasonable and unenforceable. As you stated the Trident is a potent military force and this force can be used many different ways. We understand your caution however especially since we know that you have been speaking with the consortium about a alliance against us we must keep our forces in place should you two attempt to attack us. Keep in mind we are still stronger than the both of you combined and you are a long way from home. We fought for a place in the solar system and we will not give it up.

We can be friends but if you force us to be enemies we will not hesitate to respond accordingly.

We can offer your protection from raiders and well as work with training your own security forces. Our warriors would joyfully share hard won knowledge of battle.

Joint Research Project
Cooperaction benefits us more than conflict at this point.

The Brotherhood of the Dawn and The Daredevil Association

The Sssl of the Trident would like to establish good relations with you both. We will be establishing trade routes into the main belt and outer rim regions soon and would will need to travel through your regions.

We would like to propose a nonagression pact with you both as well as. We believe that Venus will become a prime location for economic exchanges between Mercury and the rest of the solar system. Would you be open to the establishment of trade? Our crystal conversion magitek can help to grow factories and facilities that are functional and aesthetically pleasing.

A_Dinosaur
2015-11-04, 12:42 PM
The New Pact of Atlantis [espionage 10] (OOC: I sincerely apologize to anyone who had to suffer through the grammar and auto correcting of my last post. How my phone translated some of those words was most embarrassing)

To the Daredevil Association
Interesting, so your group primarily resides in semi orbital platforms? We have seen the vids, but proper information about Venus is somewhat scarce. What about the Brotherhood?Are they in the same way? Well regardless can you think of any good locations to set up an outpost or two?

To Consortium Omega
While I am in general agreement that war is a detriment to all, I hardly think it wise to just lay down arms and sing Kumbia'a, humanity only recently suffered through an unprecedented and unpredictable alien invasion. Peace may have been reached but I think it is safe to call the peace tense, and from our understanding, the Sssl were directed by a force other than their own during the invasions. I think perhaps a better way to avoid war forever without leaving our solar system vulnerable would be to make was unprofitable in the extreme by use of trade routes. If everyone has a trade route with everyone else after all, war would destroy ones own economy.

Speaking of which, does the Consortium have any interest in setting up a trade route with the NPA?

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-11-04, 01:36 PM
We agree that we will likely require warp drives eventually, and splitting the participating factions up over multiple planets helps spread the knowledge. There will come a point where we can easily convert researchers to the cause, but not so much this turn. I'll send out an emissary to Saturn eventually, and see how the reactions work towards my peace proposal on the inner ring.

My assumption was that on following turns, only 3 TP 'total' were required to upgrade the route, not 3 TP from both of us. I can definitely contribute 2 Eco this turn, but I'm unsure if I can spend 3. (Also if there could be some bonus to the long trade route that'd be wonderful, but i know it's not officially in the rules)

(PM)
I would like to ask two things on a more personal note.
One, what kinds of research should we work towards other than straight AU speeds? Also, if you could keep me abreast of if anybody else has developed higher AU reach technology, especially in the Main Belt. I feel a little uncomfortable about their eventual raising strikes, given that I haven't gotten much any response to my peace treaty suggestion to them.
Two, I'm having doubts that a Trade Route would be beneficial for us in the long run, and I don't think we should actually do it this turn. Primarily because we have every faction between us, and I'm not 100% confident that we'll be able to maintain it 'without' it being raided.

Edit: Because I don't want to double post, and I added information.

silphael
2015-11-06, 11:06 AM
The Consortium Omega

To New Pact of Atlantis:
Of course disarmement isn't an option now, it would be foolish to think otherwise. But we believe that the current peace can, with time, evolve into a more durable one. That may require action, or not, pending on the good will of mankind.

As for your trade proposal, we will gladly accept it.

To Mitsuhara Academy :
Exchange of knowledge from Saturn to Mercury seems indeed highly profitable. Consider it done, our subordinates will bother themselves with the exact conditions.

cybric
2015-11-06, 02:00 PM
Neptune's Trident - esp. 4

The Sssl of the Trident would like to propose purchasing information from The Brotherhood. We would like to purchase messages passed between factions with intelligence networks above our own. Information is power as you know and we would like to be well informed.

I propose paying for passive messages factions with a esp rating of 5 up to 11. We would like to pay 3 tp per round for this information. Does that sound agreeable?

Greatings from Mercury. The Sssl of The Trident would like to due business with the commercial departments of the Reach Institute. Our factories here on Mercury are capable of producing many interesting and exotic Sssl designs as well as commercial/ industrial products built to specification. The establishment of trade would benefit both of our planets and lead to a deepening of ties between the Sssl and humans as we both recover from the unfortunate circumstances of war.

I would like to propose a trade route with the reach institute. I would pay 1 ECON and The Reach Institute would pay 3 ECON however I would provide 1 MIL to defend the route from attack as well as pay 2/3rds of the cost to upgrade the route in the future (2 TP /round)

A_Dinosaur
2015-11-06, 05:21 PM

To Consortium Omega
Glad to hear you've put some thought into this. And as to trade routes, shall we each contribute [1.5 eco]?

To Storms Wake
Greetings to the red planet, hows the water over there? We heard you were a mercenary company on mars and wanted to know two things First and more obviously what are your going rates for mercenary work? We aren't looking for any sort of fight at the moment but down here on the homeworld ASSYRIA and the Vujy's are starting to feel a bit crowded in thier turf. Second thing we were curious on was how mars was doing crowd-wise. As I mentioned things are pretty snug here on earth and we are looking for a good spot to do some terraforming. Would you have any tips for settling the red planet? We would of course be looking to set up trade relations with our potential neighbors.

Mabn
2015-11-06, 10:47 PM
Algiers Consortium

We would be interested in such a project. We have done some research with similar goals before which we would love to see studied more intensely. We will also send a representative delegation to your conference.

we would like to use influence to undermine the more militaristic parts of the Vuurkoekje government [undermine moral] and would very much like the Union to join in these efforts.

A_Dinosaur
2015-11-06, 11:12 PM

To the Algiers Consortium
Good, the conference was mostly to present the idea for densified infrastructure to the world stage, but I feel with your reputation we will have a good chance to bring many more people on board with the project. On another front, do your people have any interest in establishing a trade route? I understand that your economy will need ours to front most of the cost, but if you can provide [1 eco] we will support the other [2]

cybric
2015-11-07, 01:02 AM
Neptune's Trident

Esp.4

Greetings humans of the Pheonix Consortium. We Sssl of the Trident would like to open relations with you and would request a meeting to establish a nonagression pact between our two people. We have extended our offer to our mutual neighbor the Academy however they have turned down our request for peace and have instead decided to mistrust us rather than move forward way from the past.

We would like to send a cultural and trade delegation to your facilities or a neutral location of your choosing if that would make you feel more comfortable.

Eventually we would like trade to flow between our two nations. The Trident is a collection of past warriors who are trying to build a future for our species on Mercury. We can offer protection from aggressors as well. You never know who will take advantage of our isolated location. Our fleet is well equipped and our warriors strong and creative with our combat Magitek.

Please respond at your convenience

mjorkk
2015-11-07, 04:48 AM
A holographic image of a Djinn stands before you
We do not sign contracts lightly. The Singularity regrets to inform you that your offer is untenable. Our diviners and memetics experts all agree: a state of peace adjacent the memetic strength of your flawed ideology inevitably leads to ruin. If our mortals have the freedom to chose, they will chose wrong. However, a state of open war, similarly weakens the state of Jupiter relative to its neighbors. Cold war and closed borders are the only viable option.

Your propensity for proselytization threatens the greater good of our subjects. Our ideologies are... for the moment... incompatible. However, a cursory reading of your holy text indicates that wish-contract would be equally incompatible to your philosophies. Our methods are too similar, you lack the.... my mortal tells me you would call it hivemind... but the result is the same. Proposal: fully closed borders. We shall not harvest mortals from you for wishes, and you shall not harvest our mortals for conversion. Let the superior ideology be determined by conversions from other factions.
I'm not 100% on how a closed borders treaty would work. My SUGGESTED mechanics are something to the effect of reduced effectiveness of espionage-attacks, annexation-attempts, and military-attacks on civilian targets both ways until borders are re-opened, which I would imagine would require a EoT declaration. However, I'm ultimately leaving the exact mechanics up to our fearless-leader-GM. The major key is not allowing UVK ministries within their borders, making the religion illegal within borders, and in exchange, not tempting anyone within official UVK borders.

Notably, your clear and logical border proposal is acceptable: clear borders are necessary for closed borders. Our military forces are superior, but your ability to muster a citizen's militia is considerable and far from negligible our military is higher, but if you used influence as military, you'd be stronger than us.. Our armed settlers will only refuse to retreat from those units of habitable space marked for the singularity. However, we strongly suggest that you defend each of your chosen territories with at-least two leviathan's worth of military force. We have no intention of engaging in active military conflict, but neither will we retreat from our territories.

Thelonius
2015-11-07, 01:48 PM
The Reach

The Algiers Consortium

Greetings to the Artists of the Algiers Consortium.

We would like to propose a joint research project in improving Media & Social Networks [Obj: Improve Influence]. We propose, that we both contribute Research 4 for this project.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-11-07, 03:46 PM
A pause. There was a need to consider. The broadcast was more clear than expected, but the Djinn were not known for subtlety.

“Very well. You have a fair understanding of the situation. Our ideologies are in truth utterly opposed in nearly every conceivable manner. I am certain that we will eventually come upon siege from without, and at such a time will need to present a united front. It is dignified manner to settle our differences through what third parties think is better.”

“However, if we are to have closed borders, we are establishing clear borders here. Notably, that your territories consists of those two assigned to you. Explicitly, those territories assigned to us are outside your purview.”

“Do note that we fully grasp your clear threat at the end, suggesting to ‘guard’ our territories. The purpose of these borders is to establish territorial grounds, and to that end we expect you to not ‘show up’ at the territories assigned to us. Not ‘we will yield’, maybe, if we feel sufficiently threatened. The only reason you would even consider to walk your settlers into our assigned lands is if you intended foul play, to deny or delay our colonization.”

“In sum, we may have our closed borders. However with those borders we expect you to not show up.“

It will depend exactly on the dm’s suggestions as to closed borders, but if we are making a treaty to not infringe upon each others lands and assets, we are defining those now, and defining our assigned to-be-colonized territories under those lands that are to be stayed out of.

Mabn
2015-11-07, 07:06 PM
Algiers Consortium

Your proposition is acceptable. Unless you wish otherwise we will begin immediately. [ooc, you mean the tp of 4 permanent research points, rather than 4 tp a turn, correct?]

ArcaneStomper
2015-11-09, 01:23 AM
Phoenix Consortium to Neptune's Trident
We are of course full willing to establish a treaty of non aggression. Being a commercial organization we see no reason to pursue militaristic endeavors, and are glad that you feel the same. We would be happy to help you convert your current resources from a war footing to something more suited to these times of peace.

The Daredevil Association to Neptune's Trident
We are willing to establish a treaty of nonaggression. We currently have no desire to expand our economic interests, but we do have another proposition for you. There are few Sssl-Human competitions around. We propose to change that. If you send some representatives, then we could compete in some field such as atmosphere diving or non lethal war games.

We know the results would be popular no matter the outcome. Which could translate into increased prestige and economic recognition for both of us.

The Brotherhood of the Dawn to Neptune's Trident
We will agree to a non aggression project, but we refuse to deal in information. The brotherhood is not an information brokerage. The information we gather is solely to help guide our research projects and charitable activities.

The Reach Institute to Neptune's Trident
We are separated by vast distances so we would not normally agree. But if you are willing to take on the duty of safeguarding the trade route, then we find your offer satisfactory.

The Rust Consortium to the Reach
We would prefer the accelerations stations, and we are prepared to begin research immediately. However we cannot condone your colonization of Mars. We have worked hard to terraform it, and have plans for the territory already.

We suggest orbital outposts instead. They may be less comfortable to live in, but they would still allow you to fulfill all your stated objectives.

The Daredevil Association to the Reach
We don't have any concerns with immigration. If other people wish to come to Venus we would welcome them. Our purpose here is to enjoy the thrills of the atmosphere, but it will be decades or centuries before any terraforming would change that. And in such a period of time we would find other opportunities.

The Brotherhood of the Dawn
We could agree, but we are not sure why your forces would be required. Or what you would gain from your offer.

The Daredevil Association to the New Pact of Atlantis
The Brotherhood are very secretive. We know they live here somewhere as we can see their ships leaving, but we've never spotted their actual bases.

As for you we would recommend somewhere along the equator. Conditions are more stable there, and it allows for easier orbital transfers.

The African Union to the Algiers Consortium
In the style of true bureaucracy everywhere the consortium's offer is debated by all sides of the union both in support, opposition, and denial of the whole affair. They don't look like they'll make a coherent response any time in the next decade.

At least not without some sort of external events prodding them into motion.

Thelonius
2015-11-09, 03:01 AM
Reach

Rust Consortium

We agree to the research project - ''Acceleration Station''.

As for territory on Mars, the Reach proposes a swap. You would want to have an AS built in the Main Belt, as the costs of space stations are lower there and it would improve the trade profits with the outer rim planets. We are prepared to provide you with 2 Territories in the Main Belt, in exchange for 2 Territories on Mars.

Andre
2015-11-09, 08:10 AM
ASSYRIA [d.esp 5]

Greetings Prince Iskander, I'm not cut out for diplomatic bull****, so let me get straight to the point and speak clearly as a fighter to another. I have been authorized by the Senate to discuss a treaty with the Empire concerning an exchange of military equipment and battlemagic to further bolster our grand armies. We can establish a trade route to funnel men and materials in safety if you would.
General Sarhad Iousif, supreme commander of the ALF

Report: Disaster at Batnaya
security clearance: white, disclosure approved and sealed by senatorial commission

[...]It was determined that the power plant meltdown in the border city of Batnaya occurred on the 10th December, during the celebration of the 4th anniversary of Assyrian independence, has to be attributed as the result of a terrorist plot seeking to disrupt the festival and make attempts at the lives of the citizenry.
No loss of human life has been reported despite the power outage crippling the region for over two weeks.
No claims have been brought forward by the organizations (omissis) behind this spiteful attack, but their identities are well known and will be dealt with accordingly. Subsequent attempts have been repelled by security forces. [...]

A_Dinosaur
2015-11-09, 04:38 PM
The New Pact of Atlantis

To The Reach
Greetings to our most noble defenders. The NPA has heard of your endeavors to retaken the solar system and make it habitable for life. We would like to offer our assistance in the matter. It is a strong message to both the Sssl or any other alien threats that humanity has colonized so much and overcome such obstacles.

I propose a treaty between our nations. The NPA has interests in gaining some territory on Venus. Preferably around the equator. We would like to have your moral backing on this project, especially given the cagey nature of the planets established locale. I'm exchange we will offer [2 tp a turn for 3 turns] to any treasuring projects you have not on the planet Venus.

Or other proposal was a research project to add efficiency to terraforming processes. Would you have interest in such a project we would ask that we both contribute [2 Rafferty a turn] and make some effort to bring others into the project.

Mabn
2015-11-09, 04:53 PM
Algiers Consortium

We would be happy to open a trade route with you [next EoT]. (ooc, trade routes require 3 tp to upgrade, but 4 tp to open. I can pay the extra point if you wish)

Nyna
2015-11-09, 06:33 PM
Mitsuharu Academy

Very well. We'll commit (2 ECON) this turn towards opening a trade route between our two groups.

We can hold off on a trade route for this turn if you prefer and consider it next turn instead. I'm not particularly concerned about raiders at the moment, however.

I believe you're correct regarding this, it should be 3 TP total between our two factions each turn to improve the route. Just to note though, it is specifically stated in the rules that longer trade routes give bonus TP, so this would likely become profitable very quickly for us.

The Academy's intentions have always been fairly clear, though I can understand why the Sssl would not be familiar with our purpose. We are a private organization dedicated to the advancement of knowledge, and many of our members are those that were once orphaned due to wars or other calamities on Earth.

We don't wish for war, but you can understand why we are upset about finally establishing a place for ourselves away from the military forces on Earth... only to be next to one that we understand even less than humanity. We do, however, apologize if our initial stance has been a bit aggressive, but to be blunt, your presence here is frightening.

However, if you do wish to cooperate, then perhaps we are worried about nothing. We do agree that cooperation would benefit us both more than conflict would.

We have three proposals, let us know which interest you.

1) Much as what we did with the Phoenix Consortium, a publicly declared mutual defense pact. This can evolve later on into a full alliance should our working relationship prove fruitful. We might suggest bringing the Phoenix Consortium into this agreement as well, seeing as how we've already made such as agreement with them. This would definitely ensure peace on Mercury moving forward, which would be in all of our interests.

2) The Academy is definitely interested in working on an economic/terraforming project such as the one you proposed. As such, if you're still interested in doing so, we'd be willing to commit up to (3 RESEARCH) towards this as a joint project, equal to however much you yourselves are willing to commit.

3) We are certainly interested in an advanced space drive project, though this is not an immediate need. We are in contact with the Ultraviolet Kingdom who have a stated interest in this area as well, so this may be a possible joint project in the future if you're interested.

A_Dinosaur
2015-11-09, 07:41 PM

To the Algiers Consortium
Ah, this is excellent to hear. We are sure this will lead to great prosperity for both our civilizations. We were also wondering if you wanted to enter any joint research projects together, as cooperation between our scientists does seem to be more effiecient that pursuing seperate projects alone. Perhaps a project towards powerful social and cultural broadcasting abilities? [improve influence actions] Certainly I'm sure that there are things we could both benifit from beyond simple trade.

Internal
Is it too late to change my eot? I just want to modify what the espionage stat and influence stats are doing. No PC interaction, just a slightly riskier play for the 1-1 nations around my territory. Using esionage to damage morale of three small nations all near eachother and then using the remaining espionage to cover my tracks. The espionage attacks will put each of them to 2 morale and then I will use my 6 influence to move in and 'rush to their aid'. Bringing them under the Atlantean banner through fear of these unknown attackers and comfort in the safety of numbers and the power of the Atlantean military. Preferably territories around modern day Thialand, The Philipenes, Indonesia, and Papu New Guinea. If that does not total up to three 1-1 nations I will also go after Korea.

Mabn
2015-11-09, 07:47 PM
Algiers Consortium

Are we not already engaged in a joint research project to densify infrastructure?

ArcaneStomper
2015-11-09, 10:36 PM
The New Pact of Atlantis (GM)
You can change your EoT if you want, but bear in mind that just because you manage to annex the nations you attacked doesn't mean no one will investigate. After all terrorists on Earth are basically nonexistent at this point.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-11-09, 11:41 PM
I meant, I thought it was 3 TP to improve both ends, not 3 TP for each side to improve their own end. However, if you have little reason to fear Raiders, I will trust you on that accord. I'll devote 2 Eco to the Trade Route, and we can have it set up this turn.

As a side note, where is it 'actually' in the rules that longer trade routes get a bigger boost? I thought that there explicitly were no length benefits to trade routes this game?

Lady Serpentine
2015-11-10, 01:11 AM
Your idea of a Pax Meteoris is intriguing. That said, we are mercenaries; it seems as though this might drastically reduce the number of contracts that we are actually allowed to take. Unless we have some assurance that actions undertaken for our employers will not put us in violation, we will have to decline.

--Respectfully,
Commander Lily D'Arvane

So, uh. Hey there. Been a long time since we talked. Guess things are working out for you, from all I've heard. We should get together again. Though given that you're way out in the ass-end of the system, can't really say how... So maybe that's a stupid idea. I dunno. I do miss you, though; you too busy to talk to your old friends or something?

--Aerith

We would indeed be interested in a partnership. While I doubt that we will have the resources available to devote to trade at this time, a joint research project (for instance, working on improved drives with you and the Ultraviolet Kingdom) would be quite helpful.

We also took the liberty of sending a small contingent to Mercury, as we've noticed that Neptune's Trident are making veiled threats and attempting to pull away the support of the Phoenix Consortium, as a show of goodwill to you; given that we plan to ally with you, in light of your generous offer, and further that you did not request such aid, there will of course be no charge for their services.

The water is unfortunately mostly frozen - we feel that yours is undoubtedly superior for most purposes, though we would humbly submit that our skiing is likely to be better, especially given the reduced gravity. However, in any case, to business: The going rate for our services is negotiable, depending on the client, the amount to be engaged, and the strength of the target.

Similarly, length of the contract is important, as is whether or not it is a simple military operation or something more covert; we also expect compensation for inability to take other contracts while in-transit if the target is at a great distance, even if the contract itself is short-term.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-11-10, 01:45 AM
Understandable. We are perfectly willing to make individualized peace, or individualized trade relations. My initial attempts to get everyone into a pact didn't work, too much competition.

No, not at all. It has been too long. We'd need to figure out some way to set up connections, but I could definitely spare time to talk. I've actually had more than I expected recently, despite all the… oddities of my new neighbors. Least they're sticking to themselves and not hunting me down.

You seem to be doing well for yourself though. Different than when I was back there, though. I'll keep in touch.

cybric
2015-11-11, 11:55 PM
Neptune's Trident
Esp. D 4

The Sssl of the Trident are excited to hear about the possiblity of trade with your consortium. Indeed while we have been on a war footing for many years we are dedicated to peace and would appreciate your help converting some of our capacity towards commercial interests

We shall publicly announce our nonagression treaty soon

Joyful exclamation human. We are excited to you are interested in engaging with the Ssl. We agree that a cultural exchange group would be beneficial as both Humans and Ssl move forward from the horrors of the war.

We shall gather a group of Ssl as well as the necessary hardware to initiate the games. Please send over specification for nonlethal weapons so that there is no mistake over the amount of force or acceptable magiteck allowed as we do not wish to injury anyone during the games.

[Joyful exclamation] Human. We are happy that you are dedicated to peace as we move past the horrors of the war. Many whisper of the Brotherhood in hushed corners hence our misunderstanding about the nature and purpose of you information network. [Regretful Tone] We did not mean to offend and offer apologies if they are required.

[divergent run time event] If you are interested in collaborating on research the Ssl of the Trident have been in talks with other that are interested in developing faster drive systems for ships as well as increasing efficacy of terraforming technologies.

Both of these projects have charitible applications. Faster drives means more relief supplies can reach more people faster and terraforming can help to make more room for regions that do not have enough food or space to hold your species growing population.

Let us know of your interest if it exists.

In addition we will be sending a cultural exchange group to meet with your neighbors the Daredevil association. We feel that this would make for a good opportunity to meet with your representatives as well. It will be a good opportunity for us of the inner system to strengthen our bonds and grow in understanding of each other.

[Joyful exclamation] We are very excited by your agreement to establish trade with the Ssl of the Trident and that you have found our offer to your liking. We will start stocking our freighters and will divert a 3 carriers and a wing of escorts frigates {1 MIL} to defending the transfer points of the trade route. Our trade fleet will leave as soon as it is prepared

1 econ will be spent next EoT for establishment of the trade route

[new input declared]
[threat escalation halted]
[cease troop activation]
[spin down magitek forge]
[recommendation==cautious optimism]

Greetings human. We are happy that you decided to work with the Ssl of the Trident. You say that you are orphans of the war, as are we. We have both seen enough blood and prana spilt in this conflict.

A public declaration of a mutual defense pact indeed sounds as though it will work towards stabilizing Mercury and enabling us to work together in our future endeavors. We have also spoken with our mutual neighbor the consortium about forming a nonagession/mutual defense pact and they have agreed that conflict would not benefit Mercury nor their economic interests in the system. I believe that they would be willing to participate in the formation of a planet spanning mutual defense pact between our three groups.

We are also interested both research projects. We would be willing to move forward with your proposed terraforming project as improving our seeding process will be very valuable.(I am willing to commit 3 research as well to this project next EoT. I would also be willing to reimburse you in the same EoT for additional research TP put in since I don't have anymore and it seems like you could have some excess capacity. Basically we would agree on how much additional research TP your willing to invest and then I would transfer general TP to you on a 1:1 basis)

We would also be interested in working with the UV Kingdom. We will be establishing a trade route to the outer system shortly and having a relationship with groups in the outer rim region would be beneficial

Greetings human. The Ssl of the Trident would like to introduce ourselves to your company. News of your mercenary group as reached us and we would like to establish a dialogue with your group. Will we have no active offers for your group it is always good to be in contact with parties of interest.

The Ssl of the Trident are currently one of the most powerful military forces in the system if reports are to believed along side the Terran country of Assyria and the warriors of The Bleak Ark. Again sine we have no active need of your company so we can not offer you a contract however we feel as though both us should know each other.

In short hello

ArcaneStomper
2015-11-16, 02:07 AM
Turn 2
January 1st, 2021

Solar Industrialization
Even with the advent of fusion reactors and mana taps the sun remains the primary source of energy in the system. Through one means or another it's rays provide life giving power to billions of sophonts from the inner reaches to the outer edges of the solar system. And nowhere is this more clear than on Mercury that most sun lit planet.

At one time this profusion of solar energy was too much. Colonization attempts failed due to extreme temperatures and deadly radiation. But now it has become the home of a bounty of factories and energy plants. And the most recent year has seen the construction of more industrial assets than ever. The Mitsuharu Academy has built massive solar arrays. Like great glass flowers kilometers across these arrays follow Mercury in its orbit harvesting Megawatts of energy and beam it to power the Academy's ever growing complex.

But the Academy is not alone in orbit. The Sssl known as Neptune's Trident have built a series of orbital shipyards. They are massive crystalline artifacts that nurture the Trident's seed crystals into ships ranging from tiny pebble sized scouts to the quartz leviathans that serve as the backbone of the Sssl fleet both military and civilian.

On the ground the efforts of the Phoenix Consortium are less impressive visually, but represent and even more monumental technical effort as they have constructed solar shields across their territory to protect a series of research outposts and magical laboratories.

Tourism in the Clouds
After the broadcasts of their dives the Daredevils have seen an influx of tourism to their aerial cities. People from all over the system are taking their vacations on the murky planet eager to see the massive storm banks and extreme performances put on by the daredevils. In particular the residents of Atlantis have gone farther than most and actually gone to the trouble of building their own floating platforms in an effort to better see the sights for themselves. Not being a very territorial faction the Daredevil Association welcome their new neighbors and promise to do everything they can to make Venus a safer location for those who are not as adept as they are in navigating its perils.

Rocky Antagonism
Although it is one of the largest and most spread out regions in the entire system the asteroid belt is also one of the most tense at the moment. Orbital crypts from the Bleak Ark, shadowy deep collective transports, and Reach corporate security patrols have been forming up and pressing each other in increasingly hostile moves. The few independent miners in the belt have gradually come under the sway of one group or the other, and although no shots have been fired it seems as if it is only a matter of time now that the largest and most readily habitable asteroids have been fully settled.

News from the Homeworld
On Earth a situation is developing in Africa as the Algiers Consortium has started using its involvement in the Vuukoekje's education initiative to spread a measure of dissent against the monarchy and call for a more representative form of government. This has been countered by the Vuurkoekje's own statements and a rise of news reports noting the high living standards and quality of in the Vuurkoekje funded directly from Imperial coffers. So far the populace seems to be favoring their current quality of life, but time will tell if the Algiers inspired movement will have any sway.

Meanwhile the Assyrians have been having more serious problems. A group of terrorists calling for the liberation of old captured territory from the Assyrian overlords has struck several power stations throughout Assyria. Fortunately the terrorists equipment and training were lacking and few casualties were taken. The Assyrian government has vowed to find the terrorists responsible and punish them accordingly. This shocking act of violence after so many years of peace has also inspired the long marginalized world justice organization to put out a call for action and a more thorough accounting of ground side military equipment and the security there of.

On the other side of the world the Commonwealth has been slowly growing. Several of the adjacent and most heavily influence nations in South America have voted to rejoin the Commonwealth after having joined and left shortly after it's initial forming. They cite a renewed sense of confidence in it's purpose now that the Commonwealth has managed to survive and stay strong through the tumultuous times of the nineties and new millennium.

Red Chaos
The Rust Consortium has unveiled several new terraforming stations on Mars in the past few months, which are planned to open up even more areas for settlement. They have also announced plans to research more ambitious methods that could fully terraform the planet in as "few as two decades."

This news however is overshadowed by the events on the Martian plateaus where several Storm's Wake research complex have erupted in eldritch fire. A vast mana storm has engulfed that portion of the Martian outback causing massive loss of life and severely impacting terraforming efforts. Reports indicate that the research complexes were conducting experiments with mana resonance fields in an attempt to build higher efficiency drives, and an accidental containment failure lead to a cascading loss of control in the main high mana reactors. Groups around the system have expressed outrage at this disaster and called for more stringent safety protocols be instated in any similar facility.

Flash Fight over Ganymede
In the past months the spate of newly terraformed areas and settlements coming online has prompted considerable tensions as factions across the system rush to assert control. But in most cases even heavily armed groups, such as the asteroid belt fleets, have refrained from actually attacking each other. Not so in Jupiter where the inhuman hybrids of the Harmonious Seed have been fired on by the even more alien Djinn in a conflict over one of the Ganymede underground cities.

The Seed forces were wiped out by a Djinn leviathan, and the city taken over for the collective. The Seed themselves have stated that they acknowledge the Djinn's declaration of intent beforehand and have recorded the veracity of warnings. They also state that they have expanded their fleet three fold so that they can appropriatly meet future statements of intent.

In contrast to this coldly logical analysis other factions around the system have expressed far more outrage and called for the Djinn Collective to make reparations to the Harmonious Seed. Others are worried that this will be the start of a new age of open war and conflict. The Ultraviolet Kingdom, being a direct neighbor of both states, has stepped up its own patrols and built new warships in liue of a direct statement.

Deep Space Initiative
In far off Saturn things have been far more peaceful than in other parts of the system. The Institute of Interstellar Research has announced plans to begin testing a new line of deep space habitats as the next step in their continued plan to launch a voyage to Alpha Centaur.

Consortium Omega meanwhile have built a number of new settlements on the moons of Saturn as well as a cloud mining station. They have also contacted several inner system factions to arrange for further trade despite the immense distances, which has inspired a wave of economic investments in various mercantile companies.

The Far System
At the edges of the system where few humans have gone the Sssl keep up their strange ways. Observatories have recorded several strange energy discharges and odd looking constructs being built. But it is much too far off to readily derive what is going on, and while the Sssl are talking no one can understand what they are saying beyond an odd desire for tulips.

New Trade Routes
Reach/Rust Consortium
The Vuurkoekje Empire/Assyria
Mitsuharu Academy/Ultraviolet Kingdom
Mitsuharu Academy/Consortium Omega
New Pact of Atlantis/Consortium Omega

mjorkk
2015-11-16, 07:52 PM
After the unfortunate military conflicts with the seed force, the Djinn began coldly and calculatedly doing media damage control. Those few hybrid settlers who didn't flee or get eaten by the leviathans were given far more wish allowance than the average subject, on one condition: they allow psi-camera djinn to follow them and document their lavish lifestyle for entertainment purposes.

"Keeping Up With The Hybrids" quickly became one of the most popular reality shows within the Singularity, spawning numerous spinoffs that are broadcast all over the system (though not to the UVK, in cautious accordance with their closed-borders agreement.) Many of the reality-show-star hybrids, wanting to "get in touch with the Ssl half of their heritage" wished for lavish crystalline orbital palaces during the season 1 finale. This sparked many copycat wishes, both in the spinoffs, and in the general population (five outposts worth of orbital palaces to be exact.) Ssl orbital architecture quickly became all the rage. This prompted the Djinn to begin studying the structure of the Ssl crystalline orbitals in order to make more genuine reproductions.

While this show didn't do much to repair the Djinn's damaged reputation on a cultural scale, as it painted assimilated populations as useless dilettantes, and illustrated the moral depravity of Djinn Wish-Slave culture, it remains quite popular, and is the guilty pleasure of many viewers, and a strong potentially influential media tool.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-11-17, 12:56 PM
As expected, the Djinn would encroach on territory. They made sure explicitly to keep the Djinn from their own territory, which left the Harmonious collective as their primary target. The UVK largely consolidated their territories and kept the closed borders with the Djinn, placing churches down in the surrounding areas in Jupiter orbit, moons, and elsewhere.

Specifically, Caroline personally extended a charity program to give those who suffered a loss in military conflicts some kind of compensation. It didn't have a lot of the flash and flair that the Djinn wish machines had, their Emissaries attempted to offer more down to jupiter comfort.

3 Esp
Greetings, we spoke last turn, and this turn I would like to propose a trade route. We know you have focused on your military standing, so we would like to ‘hire’ you to keep defense of our trade routes, and to make a public treaty to this effect.

As compensation, we would like to entirely furnish this trade route, contributing 4 Eco worth and wholesale starting it up.

As a side note, we would like to chat about research projects. You were explicitly mentioned as someone to talk to regarding research and speeding up drives from the Mitsuharu Academy, and the beginning of a bigger ‘research project’. We would like in on the joint research, and contribute in any way that we can. I think we should get to work setting up some kind of joint research group.

Thelonius
2015-11-17, 01:20 PM
The Reach [ESP 2]

The Bleak Ark

It is our sincere wish to de-escalate the current tensions in the Main Belt. We offer a signing of non-aggression treaty, that would preserve the current borders in the Main Belt.

Rust Consortium [PM]

Dear Sirs,

It is duty of the Reach to promote peace and colonization in the system. Therefore, I write you with concern about the recent Storm's Wake military build-up. They have nearly tripped their forces and their reckless research methods pose question, why they would take such risks to build more weapons. By my estimation, if they were to enter a conflict with you at this point, they would prevail.

The Reach would like to offer a presence of of our System Security Fleet in the skies of Mars this month, until the intentions of Storm's Wake could be verified. They would intervene to protect your borders in case of hostile attack.

Director Bao Xun

Research Treaty

We'd like to confirm continuation of the treat and offer to provide RES 8 into Acceleration Project, if you were to commit the same resources.

Mabn
2015-11-18, 10:21 AM
Algiers Consortium

Considering you broached the topic and then inexplicably resuggested it after agreeing, we were disappointed that you did not in fact chose to pursue our joint research project on infrastructure densification

ArcaneStomper
2015-11-18, 05:27 PM
Public Announcement
The Phoenix Consortium announces that they have made another nonagression treaty with the Neptune's Trident. Something they hope will lead to a peaceful and brighter future for Mercury.

Daredevil Association to Neptune's Trident
The Association sends over a list of specifications as well as a proposed date for the games. Their current plan is start with some races through the lower atmosphere.

The Brotherhood of the Dawn to Neptune's Trident
We are not certain if we wish to pursue either of those projects at this time, but we will meet with your representatives when they come to Venus.

The Interstellar Institute to Neptune's Trident
Then we will make the preparations for determining what trade goods are necessary and assembling sufficient freighters.

The Rust Consortium to the Reach
We do not believe they intend to attack us, but we see no reason to deny you the opportunity of providing assistance. If nothing else perhaps your crews can get some valuable training time.

We certainly plan to continue development of the stations, and we are willing to increase our contribution now that we have brought more research facilities online.

Nyna
2015-11-19, 06:20 PM
Mitsuharu Academy

Public Announcement:
The Mitsuharu Academy is pleased to announce that the Academy has entered into a mutual non-aggression pact with Neptune's Trident.

Greetings,

As you can see, we've made an annoucement regarding our mutual non-aggression pact. Moving forward, we hope that relations will continue to warm between our two groups.

If you are still interested, the Academy is more than willing to begin a research project regarding terraforming on Mercury. However, given the recent events on Ganymede, it may not be a bad idea for our two groups to collaborate on a deterrent, such as improved weaponry, shielding of some sort, or perhaps a more advanced armoring for fleets. We'd be willing to commit up to 4 research to this project, and the head of the Academy, Yuma Mitsuharu, has expressed interest in pursuing a joint project together, so she will likely participate as well. Let us know what you think.

Greetings,

We're following up on the interest expressed in creating a faster drive for our ships and trading fleets. The Academy would be willing to commit up to 6 research this turn to such a project, should either of you be interested in doing so this turn.

I realize you only have 1 Research, but if you commit your VIP to the project, you'd be able to contribute a full 6 points, or alternatively, you'd be able to use your Influence as Research if you'd like. Of course, if you're committed elsewhere, just let us know.

Greetings,

It looks like our trade route has successfully opened up, which is great news. If you're interested in improving the trade route, we would suggest switching between our two factions each turn as to which group pays 2 TP and which pays 1 TP for the improvement. A significant portion of our TP is tied up in improving the territories that we just gained this turn, so it would be easiest for our group if we were to pay 1 TP this turn and 2 TP next turn, but let us know what you think.

Greetings,

It looks like our trade route has successfully opened up, which is great news. If you're interested in improving the trade route, we would suggest switching between our two factions each turn as to which group pays 2 TP and which pays 1 TP for the improvement. A significant portion of our TP is tied up in improving the territories that we just gained this turn, so it would be easiest for our group if we were to pay 1 TP this turn and 2 TP next turn, but let us know what you think.

Andre
2015-11-20, 10:13 AM
ASSYRIA [d.esp 5]

on the 2020 attacks

public opinion in Assyria turns out to be more indignant than it ever was after the reasons behind the power failures are made crystal clear; far from considering themselves invaders, the populace claims it is their god-given right to inherit the land of their ancient forefathers, which by the way their kin who didn't emigrate abroad never ceased to inhabit. many believe that there is no room for peaceful cohexistance with neighbours who shun them as intruders and invoke retribution from the Senate.

countdown to Nisan

just as many, however, are content to eagerly await for celebrations due April the 1st, which marks the start of the Assyrian New Year. The motto "Assur reborn" spreads as rumours abound that the Senate is to issue a special announcement in that date.

Greetings, Atleanteans. The Senate would like to extend Assyria's hand in friendship. There are mutual treaties we could sign and many opportunities we could explore together to bring the old world into the new if you would hear us.

An ambassador is deployed to the imperial capital by aircraft. As soon as he is received, he requests Prince Iskander himself to hold a private meeting with a "very important person" representing Assyria. (requesting PM)

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-11-20, 01:05 PM
Mitsuharu Academy
We would like to utilize the TP expenditure this way. However, far as I know, the 'improvements' do not apply to both sides at the same time. If you pay 3 TP, then your half would improve by 1 rank, but ours would stay the same, unless we also paid 3 TP.

As a side note, it may be a trivial formality, but it might be wise to create an official peace. At some point, at least. It might pave the way for more practical treaties later.

Mitsuharu Academy, Storm's Wake
From what I notice, doing Research in tandem with other nations is actually more productive than doing it by yourself. However, this is not the case with VIP led Research, although we have found a very practical use for the VIP this turn. We would like to contribute towards the project, but we would be better spent making those contributions in ways that we are effective.

In part, financially, by financially compensating elsewhere, such as offering to cover some of the financial costs of trade (being able to put 3 TP towards the Mitsu-UVK trade route for both sides instead of just our own, and offering to wholesale construct the Storm's Wake route). In part, by offering to offer charity relief aid to those that suffer as a result of any… accidents, and alleviating some of the concern that there will be bad press as a result of the research.

tl:dr: VIP is worth 'far' more when spent towards Eco than it is towards Res. It's a better strategy for us to compensate you in other areas instead, given that far as I know you suffer zero penalty for being in the research project anyway and actually get a 'speed boost' just by being in one.

Djinn Singularity
We believe you wished to speak with us, about a particular matter? Organizing orbitals with the closed door policy is hard, after all. (If we discuss such matters I believe it would be strongly prudent to use a PM)

Nyna
2015-11-20, 06:17 PM
Mitsuharu Academy

You're correct, it looks like I misunderstood that particular rule. Thanks for the heads up. Regarding a peace, I'd be up for it, but we might want to consider a three-way agreement of sorts, depending on how Storm's Wake feels about it. I'll bring it up in that conversation.

This would be acceptable to us, and I would also suggest that each of our groups dedicate at least part of our counter-espionage divisions to the research project to prevent sabotage or theft of our research data.

In addition, since we're collaborating on this project anyways, might I suggest an alliance between our three factions? It won't amount to anything practical for now since we don't exactly have the ability to get out to the Ultraviolet Kingdom for military purposes at the moment, but once we have an advanced drive researched it should work out nicely for us all.

Looks like I made a mistake regarding the trade rules. It looks like we can pay 3 TP to improve the trade route for ourselves, but the improvements only apply to the side that paid the cost. As such, we won't have to collaborate on improving trade now that we've got the route established. Disregard the previous message if you don't mind!

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-11-21, 02:31 AM
Greetings, Arvis. It would be nice to chat at a later point about relations and the methods of magi mechanical fusion. For now though, I simply propose the starting of a Trade Route. I do believe that it would be profitable for us both, and very easy to prevent from being usurped.

Andre
2015-11-22, 09:53 AM
ASSYRIA [d.esp 5]

Aššur Reborn

the celebrations for the Assyrian New Year are fully in motion and the whole country is anxiously awaiting for the much vaunted event. However, for once reality surpasses fiction and tall tales as the Senate reveals in this occasion a rather ordinary looking man garbed in a simple white robe, devoid of any ornament and in an equally plain ceremony the patriarch anoints him as Aššur, Emperor of Assyria.
In front of an astonished crowd, the new Emperor gives his first public speech. "I was once a man like you, one of us. I still am, in a fashion, but my former name, my former self, no longer matter. Our science, our magic turned me into so much more, the collective consciousness of our people made man. You need not worry for your freedom, my friends; the Senate will retain its functions and continue to administer our country accordingly. As for me, I only vow to devote all I am to Assyria, so that we may rise to greatness once again."

In the wake of the evidence accrued of the involvement, including support and outright funding, of your government with the organizations responsible of the attacks on Assyria, the Senate offers you the following terms:
1) You are to allow military access to the ALF in order to cleanse the terrorist cells
2) Your government body, as well as the administrative officials who provided the funding, are to be released from office and delivered to Assyria for a trial
3) Democratic elections are to be held to install a new government. The ALF will ensure the security and the fairness of this process
4) The new government shall recognize Assyrian suzerainity on foreign policy matters. It may retain its authority on local administration.

ArcaneStomper
2015-11-23, 11:58 AM
Vuurkoekje Empire to Assyria
Prince Iskander agrees to schedule a meeting for this dignitary.

Independent Nations to Assyria (And the World)
This latest attempt is outright agression on the part of Assyria. We have never funded terrorist attacks and we deny these accusations. To prove it we are willing to let a third party investigate the matter, and even allows Assyrian observers of the investigation.

Andre
2015-11-23, 03:07 PM
ASSYRIA [d.esp 5]

Meeting Iskander is no one else but Aššur himself. "So, we are finally here. It's an honour the meet the illustrious Prince Iskander."
After the customary polite meet n' greet, Aššur goes straight to the heart of the matter. "I've come to discuss the recent infiltrations of Algiers throughout the empire. What is your opinion on the matter? We have ours, but I wouldn't want to presume too much on matters that concern you primarily."

Assyrian rebuttal to neighbouring countries
This is unacceptable. How is this an act of aggression? This is justice. We have been unhearting evidence for the better part of the year, while you offer generic pleas of innocence, the same as any convicted felon would, and attempt to bide your time to cover the trails. Where is your proof? You offer none.
We also would like to remind this issue falls under the internal jurisdiction of the state of Assyria. A third party, susceptible of corruption as anybody is, has no right to interfere on our internal matters.

silphael
2015-11-23, 06:22 PM
Espionnage 12

Trading benefits all of us, of course I accept. About magience business, I'm pretty sure we could benefit a lot from conversations, and from our new trading route : there is no bigger challenge than trading through the void of space. Of course the security of our people will stay an absolute priority.

ArcaneStomper
2015-11-24, 06:10 PM
Vuurkoekje Empire to Assyria (PM)
"They think we are blind to their attempts at convincing our people, but we have foreseen this. We have already placed plans in motion to counter their feeble attempts."

Response to Assyria
It is aggression because it is not merely performing counter terrorism as you say. Indeed if that were your sole goal we would be happy to aid you. As we have clearly stated we do not support these terrorists and we find their actions deplorable. But you have also quite clearly demanded that we hand over our autonomy and be annexed into your empire. Something which is clearly neither necessary nor a justified response. Even if members of a government had been funding them, the correct and internationally recognized response is the removal of the offending government and replacement with a new uncorrupt local regime not integration into the empire of the targets of the terrorists.

mjorkk
2015-11-25, 03:59 AM
Djinn Singularity
D.ESP: 2

Fellow sapients. Our wish-serfs have brought to our attention the issue of.... continuity and.... sentimentality. Our leviathans have ended the physical forms of a number of your people, and in doing so have done the unthinkable. Your people do not share our hive-mind, and as such, with a lost physical form, comes the loss of all its memories and continuity. The loss of cultural memories and continuity is unthinkable to us, and our most regretful apologies.

We also offer a more tangible form of reparations. In addition to individual continuity, the sentimental association to planetary territory as more than... habitable space, is.... alien to us. However, your sentimentality, and our people's need for architectural fashion align. We require more orbitals, of genuine Ssl design to satisfy our wish-serfs, and we have a surplus of planetary territory housing fashion savvy wish-serfs. If, at any time, you provide sufficient orbitals for relocation, you may keep the less fashionable vacated planetary territory. Our people get to enjoy the latest fashions in orbital archetecture, and your people get to enjoy their sentimental connection to naturally occurring gravity wells. It is... what you would call... a win/win. Proposed Treaty: At any time, if the HC puts up 2 outposts (8 TP value) we will give them 1 Territory in exchange(12 TP value on Jupiter) no time limit

As for the loss of mimetic history and continuity at the hands of our leviathans, we are still working towards a sufficiently elegant solution, but have yet to arrive at a satisfying conclusion. Your universe's limitations on life-spans are difficult to manage.

We both lack significant research and advancement potential. We are unfamiliar with how our arcane secrets interact with your... limited universe, and your potential for advancement is all tied up in a single continuity. However, with proper organization, we could find ways to bypass your universe's troublesome limitations on speed. Our closed borders, however, will remain closed. We have recently constructed at-least one orbital station that could be re-purposed and media-isolated to serve as a research station for our contingent. Given sufficient security measures, we would be willing to link it to one of your orbitals, and allow one of our bodies, and perhaps even a lab-assistant-serf to interact with your people. The linked satellite would be self-sufficient, and self sustaining, to limit cultural contamination... for both of our peoples. IF this is insufficient, you could host the research contingent, provided you allow our lab-serfs to enjoy their wishes, exist as self sustaining entities, and do not proselytize to them.

Shared research project. Either two orbitals, or one of your territories. One research point apiece. Researching faster travel. Saftey restrictions taken away. TP to be spent according to the following procedural flowchart

If neither research point has an accident, all TP go to researching faster travel
If one research point has an accident, 4 TP go to replacing the lost moralle, regardless of side (this represents the self-sustaining/self-sufficiency requirements, and the natural proclivity of both parties to think media-spin first)
If both research points have an accident, it is each empire's responsibility to replace their own moralle.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-11-25, 08:51 AM
Orbitals are sufficient for preventing contamination. Limiting the contact area means only authorized personnel will cross paths, limiting exposure. High Orbit will also allow it sufficient distance from the colonies. We will be sure to insulate our station similarly for the link-up. I do believe however that given our limited resources, we should appropriate our resources to larger propulsion ballistics rather than trying to create self sustaining engines. A limited large result is better than a less restricted tiny result.

I do believe we have to check two things in regards to this.
One, if the TP provided in Research are actually capable of rebuilding stat points.
Two, if the territory/orbital a Research Failure happens on is rendered uninhabitable, and thus would require replacing the orbital station as well as the stat point. If either of those are impediments, then we can’t be certain our plan will work as assumed, and it may be better to cruise at non-reckless speeds.
Edit: Neither of these are impediments, further, we can replace the stat point loss with a morale loss. Full steam ahead, I say.

Also, I feel like given our limited Research, researching a more narrow application will produce results faster. I suggest we specifically research extended AU reach provided that the ships launch from one of our territories or outposts, in the form of Launch Pads for something like +X AU distance when launching.

Yeah, though knowing you don't lose stat points directly and can actually lose morale, I would personally say that losing the morale is okay as long as the morale meter doesn't dip below 50, and that given it doesn't dip below 50, we can safely 'ignore' the morale dip and not sacrifice Research Progress.

My concern about the territory was primarily because of the public research failure being flavored as a "rift opening making it uninhabitable" and I was concerned that applied to research failures in general. Sorry about that apparently undue worry, fluff does that sometimes.

Andre
2015-11-25, 11:46 AM
ASSYRIA [d.esp 5]

"That I am glad of. I must admit that Assyria does have a vested interest into expanding the boundaries of our friendship and, therefore, the welfare of the Empire. Would you require some cooperation on our part?"

Assyrian reply
Your countries retaining their internal autonomy under the governance of local officials was specifically part of the terms we offered. You reticence is understandable, but we cannot be satifisfied with merely extirpating the present threat; we must be in such position as to monitor and prevent future ones.

Mabn
2015-11-25, 01:41 PM
Algiers Consortium

Your most recent public message rests on a puzzling implicit assertion. You seem to imply that control over a nations external affairs would guard against activities internal to it and that this is necessary to guard against theoretical future events. This logic is all the more puzzling as many of the worlds nations, most famously the Soviet Union and ourselves have been able to see and defend against future events for decades. It is primarily your isolation that made such an attack against you possible, yet you increase this isolation with every message you send.

cybric
2015-11-25, 03:49 PM
Neputunes Trident

ESP. Def: 5

Open System Wide Broadcast begins:

The Sssl of the Trident are currently seeking economic partners who are independent entrepreneurial minded people to carry our goods to the people of the solar system. If you are interested in signing up for our associates program please feel free to esquire.

The Trident is looking to establish two trade routes this round if people are still open to doing so

I forget how many research were you contributing to our joint project? I can devote all of my research if you'd like but I forget what we agreed upon.

The Ssl of the Trident is excited have a dialogue with your organizations. The Ssl of the trident are interested in establishing a base of operations on Venus to protect our growing trade network in the inner solar system as well as set up cultural centers and economic facilities so that our people might understand each other better. Would you have any preference or suggestions on location on Venus that would be best?

Nyna
2015-11-25, 06:40 PM
Mitsuharu Academy

We're dedicating 4 points of Research plus our VIP this turn, which should be 9 points in total.

mjorkk
2015-11-26, 12:34 AM
The goal of our joint venture should indeed be the extension of Jupiter's reach. However, chemical propulsion is not the only option. There may be some loopholes in your universe's speed-contracts that could allow the transfer of information to exceed usual limitations. Your universe lacks hivemind memory sharing, real-time communications reach may well be a more.... efficient avenue of investigation.

I think researching long distance communications could be a good justification to research increasing the AU "speed" of JUST influence... and let's be honest, that's what both of our factions are MOST concerned with.

ArcaneStomper
2015-11-26, 01:09 AM
Harmonious Seed to the Djinn Singularity
The lives will be forever lost to our song. And we will not forget. But we find this exchange to be mutually fulfilling. We will create stations suitable for human habitation.

To be clear you are willing to accept this trade multiple times?

Vuurkoekje Empire to Assyria (PM)
If you wish to aid us, then we will not turn it down. But we do not expect that it is actually necessary.

Independent Rebuttal
The only way your presence would allow monitoring is if your forces actively watched our people. And while we all accept the presence of intelligence services as a necessary evil to global politics the only way they would be benefited by your actual occupation would imply far more interference than we are willing to allow. That would indeed be securing your interests. But at the expense of our people.

We restate our position that we are willing to allow a third party to investigate this situation. Or even a coalition involving your forces. But we reject your right to unilaterally invade our nation, when the terrorists actions your have suffered are in no way supported by our people or government.

Daredevil Association To Neptune's Trident
Venus is a cloudy mass of atmosphere. Most of our cities are already nomadic. So anywhere you wish to settle would be acceptable to us.

Brotherhood of the Dawn to the Sssl
We would prefer that Sssl units not emigrate to Venus. As we have claimed the planetary surface for our own efforts. We would be willing to allow orbital habitats however.

To UVK and Djinn
Speed is an all or nothing research. There is no way to apply it to just one stat as I have no good way to judge the effectiveness of only influence speed versus everything else, and thus no way to adequately price it. In addition to the fact that it would make keeping track of things harder if your stats moved at different speeds. For instance what if you used influence to substitute for military, and then used that along with your formal military to attack somewhere. Which speed would be used.

mjorkk
2015-11-26, 01:35 AM
We are satisfied with this joint venture proposal, and will proceed to prepare our orbital.

Thelonius
2015-11-26, 04:25 AM
The Reach

On Earth Peace

We express our concern about the Assyrian incident and hope, that violence wouldn't be employed, while diplomatic options haven't been exhausted. The Reach stands for the peace in the Solar System and it would be a tragedy to see war erupt in the heart of humanity.

Andre
2015-11-26, 08:46 AM
ASSYRIA [d.esp 5]

Our isolation was caused by the ignorance and carelessness of our western brethen. The british once promised us our land, only to call back on the deal once they no longer needed our freedom fighters. We ended up reclaiming this nation ourselves, and mean to protect it at all cost.

That may, or may not, include our investments, however small they may be. Perhaps if the state of Assyria were not to be antagonized over the exercise of their rights, it would be far less willing to antagonize other countries over their schemes, regardless of their threat to its assets. Make of that what you will.[/COLOR]

Lady Serpentine
2015-11-26, 10:32 AM
We would like to note that we do already possess enhanced drives. Not the peak of what we can create working together, I'm certain - but definitively more effective than standard. Three times more effective, in fact. We are of course more than happy to share the schematics for them, and our research.

Pretty simple - slam mana into the fuel, go three AU/turn. And before you ask, yes, this research is how we managed to turn prime Martian mountainside into a Shoggoth-spawning abomination. No, there's no risk of doing that again; that was an entirely different type of 'engine'.

An alliance sounds lovely. Given that we'll wish something to seal the deal and Caroline already offered... Shall we fund a trade route with the Academy (protected, of course, by our force), and then help contribute to the one that the Kingdom so graciously seeks to provide?

We'll contribute one economy to the Kingdom, to take a little of the pressure off. And as a show of good-faith we'll pay all four economy to opening one with the Academy.

Nyna
2015-11-28, 07:17 AM
Mitsuharu Academy

The Academy is more than happy to accept the generosity of Storm's Wake. A trade route between both of our groups is something we're definitely interested in, and having schematics for a better engine should make our joint research even more fruitful. We should be able to return the favor at a later time. (EoT is already submitted).

ArcaneStomper
2015-12-04, 12:36 AM
January 1st, 2022
Turn 3

Terrestrial Affairs
After the break down in negotiations between Assyria and its neighbors last year it is unsurprising when the Assyrian Emperor declares a unilateral police action and sends troops over the border in the name of securing the regions peace and prosperity. The battle is as short and one sided as everyone expected and the old governments are soon eradicated and replaced with ones loyal to the Empire.

More unexpectedly is that this is not the only change of power on Earth this year, though certainly the most violent one. The nearby Vuurkoekje Empire has joined the African Union with some of it's neighbors and is even now convincing them that an even closer alliance will benefit them all. The Algiers Consortium meanwhile is working in the Vuurkoekje Empire itself to convince the populace to peacefully form a new more democratic government.

In South America the Commonwealth has admitted several new members and now covers most of the continent. And not all these contenders are Earth born either as the Reach has taken an interest in Japanese politics convincing it's citizens to elect Reach executives into high office and align their economic interest with the Reach.

Industrial Expansion
The system economy surges as news of new projects and financial opportunities appear around the system. In the innermost reaches the Mitsuharu Academy has brought online a wave of new manufacturing complexes and industrial centers that utilize the plentiful solar energy on Mercury to greatly expand their scope and capabilities.

On Mars the Storm's Wake and Rust Consortium have continued their terraforming efforts building ever more cities and habitats for people to live in on the Red Planet. The Storm's Wake especially has used this new capacity to good use as it builds even more research facilities to house high energy experiments and new material production facilities. While the Rust Consortium has expanded system wide in a partnership with the Reach to build trade depots throughout the system.

And even the very outermost regions have come into play as the Omega Consortium has overseen the development of numerous energy exchanges throughout the system to facilitate the trading of mana and electricity between areas of over production and new demand.

Cultural Revolution
Jupiter is fast becoming the cultural center piece of the system as both the Djinn and the Ultraviolet Kingdom have concentrated on reaching out to the other members of humanity. The Djinn have concentrated on mass appeal by expanding their line up of reality TV shows. Many of these emphasize the sheer wealth and opulence of Djinn habitats while others go to great lengths to unite their cast with loved ones who long been lost or even dead.

The Ultraviolet Kingdom takes a more balanced approach and have built a massive culture way station which serves as a broadcast center for a number educational shows, news programs, and documentaries. It also houses many conference spaces and has been advertised as a neutral meeting ground for any sort of dispute resolution. Complete with the presence of neutral Ultraviolet mediators to help arbitrate especially tense matters.

Thelonius
2015-12-06, 06:49 AM
Reach [ESP 2]

Storm's Wake

Greetings,

I will admit that your recent military build-up and events on Mars have led Reach to question motives of your factions. However, time has proved that you seek peace and transformation of Mars into a new home for humanity. As such we'd like to propose cooperation. If you are interested we'd like to propose conclusion of [Trade Agreement] , as first step in establishment of long-term friendship between Reach and Storm's Wake.

Reach Director, Bao Xun

Rust Consortium

Greetings.

It is good to see that our concerns were unfounded and life continues peacefully on Mars.

The Reach would like to know, if you wish to continue research in improved spaceship drives & dampening systems [Increase Speed by +1 AU]. We are willing to commit[RES 8] to the project.

Commonwealth

Greetings to the esteemed Commonwealth,

The Reach would like to offer you a [Trade Agreement], that will no doubt lead to mutual prosperity. The industries of Earth and resources of solar system, joined together for common good.

Mabn
2015-12-06, 03:26 PM
Algiers Consortium

We are thrilled with your decision to join the African Union. Particularly because one of the early Union treaties specified that citizens and assets of Union nations be allowed free travel throughout Union territory, particularly in the former fog regions which you now inhabit. This presents the perfect opportunity to end our disagreement on government philosophy. Our arguments being already firmly set forth, every Union citizen can now choose for themselves whether to live under your laws or the laws of another Union nation. As founding Union members the Consortium will of course allow this interchange to proceed and will take any results as a satisfactory resolution to any contention between us. We too hope for close and longevitus relations across the African Union.

Thelonius
2015-12-08, 10:12 AM
The Reach

Harmonius Seed [PM]

Dear Sirs & Madam,

In the lieu of recent unveiling of cultural and propaganda capabilities of your immediate neighbors, the Reach is offering you services of our own media and political assets [INF 5] to assist in maintaining political stability of your nation. The fee for their use would be [15 TP].

mjorkk
2015-12-08, 07:44 PM
Djinn Singularity
E.S.P 2

Even with the resurrection episodes rating high, the Djinn have noticed a direct relationship between the shows' ratings and the shallowness of a given episode. As such, they have begun targeting their niche more heavily: moving from just reality show spin-offs, to a full-blown media network, with every hollow distraction you could want: from bubblegum teen pop-idols, to game-shows like "who wants to own a space palace?" to clearly staged but well written weekly battles between the leviathans of the KWF (Kauju Wrestling Federation,) to romantic comedies about hybrids dating humans, to movie/book trilogies about 16-year-old love triangles during the Ssl war. Reverence for genuine emotion, beyond the immediately marketable, is decreasing, while ratings within key demographics are spiking. While once unheard-of brand dissatisfaction among some fans is on the rise, total fanbase and brand-loyalty among fans are rising more than enough to compensate. At first, other than all being shallow entertainment, there seems to be little overlap, but laced deep within each bit of media is the repeated meme that "within the Singularity, there are so few problems, that the petty silly things seem significant."

UVK [PM]

A human man in a with what appears to be a thousand-credit haircut, a million-credit suit, and a a ten-cent sales smile appears in a holo-transmission with the highest encryption, as the monotone recording of a Djinn chimes out "This mortal has been cleared for immunity to cultural contamination. Conference requested."

(Assuming Caroline choses to accept the transmission)

The human, who even through a holographic projection oozes marketing-department sleaze, bows and speaks "Greetings from the Djinn Singularity to our beloved competitors in the production and sale of cultural contentment. I'm executive marketing-slave Johnson: first child born and raised exclusively in the Singularity: we have a proposition for you."

Johnson's grin widens as a hyper-point holo-slide-show projects itself behind him.

"As you can see, we are currently, and truly, in direct competition for Jupiter, and in-fact the solar-system's most valuable resource.... let's call it souls. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Throughout history, competition between two, and exactly two, similar but outwardly polar opposites has increased the profit of both parties by eliminating the pesky element of choice with a false binary. Every Coke needs a Pepsi, every McDonald's needs a Burger King, and we need each other."

The slide moves from one motivational picture to another, interspersed with charts of two lines rising simultaneously

"Our mutually closed borders, and continued competition create the illusion of genuine competition, but that doesn't need to be the reality of our relationship. At-least as of late, neither of our ideologies can hope to capture the totality of human nature without spreading itself too thin. We will always have those for whom paradise isn't enough, who need more sentimentality to be truly satisfied;similarly we assume that you have run into those who have no time nor patience for the trappings of diplomacy or religion in their self gratification. The Singularity has determined, after years of reading your text, that the human concepts of compassion, charity, and dogma, while less efficient in implementation, are similar enough in their end result to the Hivemind to be permissible in the brightest of human futures."

"However, if we are to take advantage of humanity's tendency towards categorization and false binaries, the outward presentation of a Brand-War must remain. We would much sooner have mortals 'pick a side' between two acceptable ideologies than have them be left to the vast oblivion of free will. You may have noticed a shift in our marketing as of late. This is us claiming our niche. We no longer have any intention of encroaching on your niche, beyond what is necessary to maintain the social capital of the Brand-War."

"Given our reputation, we don't expect you to immediately agree to such a large joint venture, and as such, my masters have, at my suggestion, authorized me to propose a test-run of the Brand-War-Alliance model. Over the past year, we have been slowly preparing the Jovian Hybrids for assimilation into the Singularity, and our customer-focused, data-driven, sales-automated model has shown quite a bit of promise, but together.... with the illusion of choice, all of them would have to pick a brand, and both of our bottom-lines would grow."

As you can probably deduce from their morale, I performed an annexation action on the Harmonious Collective last turn. If we annexed them together this turn, (possibly with the assistance of Caroline as well) the faction would essentially be split down the middle. I'd even be willing to agree to literally split the gained territory/outposts/stats down the middle as well (mechanically a treaty that any stats/territory/outposts gained in excess of half from the annexation would be given to the other side, with odd-number remainders still going to the winner.... technically, with Caroline's support, I'd still be winning by 3 (15+22>29+5, but 22+29>50, with Caroline giving CERTAINTY to the venture's success) so it's actually a loss for me, but it's worth it for the huge mutual gains we both stand to make, and to set the ground for a possible alliance in the future.

ArcaneStomper
2015-12-08, 09:14 PM
We are willing to commit to another year of research. Faster ships will only benefit our economy.

We welcome your proposal and agree to begin trade relations. Let us also be the first to welcome your newfound presence on the home world. We are sure you will bring Japan to ever greater prosperity.

You speak as if you aren't already free to visit the empire. When in fact your teachers are in and out all the time preparing our children's education. We have not denied your entry and we will not start doing so now.

By our calculations your offer would be more expensive to us than it would be to simply divert our energies into improving our own stability. Your offer would be more helpful if we were actually attempting to wage our own cultural war on our neighbors.

However we have a counter offer. You have significant research assets, but we doubt that you are willing to use them to their full potential. Send them to join our research laboratories and we will take on the risks of doing so. In exchange we will pay [3 TP per point].

We have noted your efforts. We wish to maintain our hybrid identity and as such do not wish to join your collective. As such we have studied the problem and propose that we join the closed borders treaty between you and the Ultraviolet Kingdom.

mjorkk
2015-12-08, 10:37 PM
A monotone voice of a true Dijinn chimes out of the audio, with no visual accompaniment.
"The objection of your many-minded leaders to the people's desire to live in contentment with their ancestors has been noted. We cannot speak for the ascended one, but the Djinn at this time, neither have extended such a treaty to the Harmonious Seed, nor intend to arbitrarily respect the censorship decrees of one group of many-minded on behalf of another group of many-minded. If you intend to censor our broadcasts, there is little we can do about that, and so be it, but the hivemind will not do it for you, nor will it block the transmission of any pirated signals or shut down hyper-net streaming clones as it does for our in concordance with our contractual arrangement with the ascended one, unless the many-minded leaders of the collective have something to offer for such a contract. We do not break contracts, and as such we do not make them lightly. Our mortals look forward to any more crystal palaces you have for us, and we will continue to relinquish gravity-well-bound territories in exchange for any we receive as we are contractually bound."

ArcaneStomper
2015-12-08, 10:50 PM
"We value our collective identity more than we do our individual lives. We are willing to offer you several orbital habitations each year free of charge in return for a cessation of attempts to subvert us."

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-12-09, 05:44 AM
Djinn Singularity (PM)

There was a brief moment, while the message relayed through the actual Bishop-in-a-mock-scientist-gown. The main contact between the two empires has been through this little research lab, which more resembled a comedy skit than anything resembling actual Science. Perhaps this would be quick to change.

“Conference Accepted.”

Caroline has been expecting something of this nature for a while now, and chortles at the fact that the Djinn are so bold as to label their human a ‘market-slave’. They probably realize charades with us are pointless by now.

A hologram of Caroline stood within the research lab, talking to the other holographic projection across the room, being watched by the actual humans in the room. One of the Violet Bishops whispered “summon proxy” (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0998.html) to her liaison, and their chortles went completely unnoticed.

And then the proposal. It was alien, but not foreign. Caroline had much to consider and speak with the Djinn Singularity before making a concrete choice on this model. She leaned forwards, humming and raising her hands together. Unlike the Djinn, identity was prized in the UVK, however they still had a Unity, and the ability to mind link for deep analyzation.

“We have thought… I have thought… on the deal. The small crack formed by our attempts to pacify them can grow into a tide to ahem, save them from the blatant hypnotism by giving them safe haven in Kingdom Territory. You can promise their individuals hedonistic glory. We can promise their ‘collective’ a sanctified place in our halls, and allow their core to retain a good bit of the unity they hold most precious.”

“Behind the curtains, we can have a deal to make sure we both come out profitably from this venture. We should target specifically their war capacities, because Terrorism is one of the issues that might crop up if we’re going to assimilate them.”

“I would also suggest… grabbing a monopoly between us on the surface of Jupiter. There is… a special mana yet untapped, and without worry of interference, I believe we can access the ley lines safely. I have already drawn out plans to drill to the center of Jupiter once the planet is secure, and begin construction of the Black Lotus.”

“So yes, we shall be the heaven to your hell, or the hell to your heaven, whichever way you would have it. I have noticed that the Djinn are not very subtle in their dealings, but I must be clear in that a false choice requires a base level of outward deception.”

Yes, the time table for such an action would be almost-assured-assimilation. I actually expected this to be a covert operation, but the Djinn are hardly ones for that are they.

Mechanically this is not a loss for you in any sense of the word. You would lose perhaps one stat point, three at most by going even with me here. Getting 15+ Stat points this turn is worth more than that, because 3 Stat Points are worth 24 TP to produce, and you can get ‘way’ more than that out of 1 turn of 15 Stat Points. That’s ignoring all the other potential hazards of trying it otherwise, and such a boost is worth far ‘far’ more than other ventures.

This is a clear win for us too, as it gives a clean way to sweep the rug, gives us a gateway for an alliance to ground against outworldly attacks, and grounds to gain VP from Jupiter once we clean up the balkanized remnants.

We will want to bleed them dry as hard as possible, simply because the more we bleed them here, the easier the little bits that balkanize and remain will be to deal with, so I will add Caroline to the mixture, both to make this operation more even and closer to 99% certain.

Additionally, I suggest in the strongest possible terms that we go to claim territories over outposts, because it is owning all the Territories that grants us control of Jupiter, so if this grants us that and we ally at turn end after sweeping the Harmonious collective, we can reap benefits as soon as T4.

Double Additionally, I suggest that we plan out which stats we should plunder from them and how much. They have 7+7+5+13+11=43 Stats, plus whatever stats they generate this turn. Your calculations of our influence put us at 71 Morale Pool to soak from them, which means we would plunder 35.5 Stat Points total, probably rounded down to 35. Meaning that a total of 8+Generated Stat Points will Balkanize and roam around.

I propose that we leave them most of their Economy, and couple points of Research, as those are the least threatening stat points.

mjorkk
2015-12-09, 09:14 PM
"A spliced recording of the previously sent message replays

"We value our collective identity more than we do our individual lives"

The voice of a True Djinn, this time accompanied by a blood-red horned entity with sharpened teeth and yellow eyes, tilting its head in confusion
"We do not understand the comparison. What value can life alone hold in a world where resurrection is possible? Your implied conclusion is based on a false premise... one which we cannot be certain the many-minded people share with their leaders."

yet another recording plays

"We are willing to offer you several orbital habitations each year free of charge in return for a cessation of attempts to subvert us"
"You mistake the shepherd for the sheep, and offer him cud in exchange for allowing the wolves to devour his flock. We are not our mortal subjects, and cannot be so easily swayed by temporal trinkets and baubles. We are the one true Djinn Singularity, and seek only the greater good of all sapient life. We do not lie, nor we do not break contracts, and as such will not make the same mistake we made with the Ascended One, who's domain is now beyond our reach. If your people truly value your identity above all, then they should have nothing to fear, nor any interest in, our broadcasts of peace and happiness. However, if we can save but one discontented soul from a life wasted on pain and toil rather than pleasure, this will be of value to us.

A familiar face, but this time in a female body, and accompanied by a personal Djinn, personally visits the joint research station to meet. This new body is adorned with bits of symbiotic hybrid crystal, obviously imitating the Harmonious Seed, but with more ostentatious designs, clearly designed for purely ornamental fashion purposes.

"Pardon the change of attire, but I thought I would try a quarter-hybrid female body this week. You may call be Joan today, though I am still the firstborn. We have some secrets to reveal, and could only do so in the safety of our research station. Your proposed priority of resource allocation upon the completion of our joint venture is acceptable. As for your apprehension at my masters' lack of subtlety: it requires subtlety to subvert a broken culture while playing the hero; we on the other hand, have chosen the role of villain for this performance, and that requires gaul and chutzpa.

We have one further proposed joint venture to ensure the success of our.... merger. To ensure that the Hybrids receive our transmission, we request limited access to what little spy network you have. We have been hiding our spy network, but suffice to say, it is larger than we have been outwardly displaying. My masters are not so... unsubtle as they appear when playing the villain. We do not require any citizen levies/uprisings, nor the direct covert assistance of Catherine, besides, her media presence is too valuable to the venture, covert access your limited rumor network should suffice. The masters are willing to pay handsomely for this assistance, with no signatures or strings attached of course, though myself being a fellow human, would like to suggest a lower introductory price, as a sign of good faith to start the brand-war alliance off right. We have already spent almost two years trying to repair our public image from but a border skirmish, making open conflict a non-option."

I want to use espionage to undermine any attempts at blocking our influence. I don't want to use military again, because getting reputation back is SO HARD, and I want to stay above the 49.9 mark so my influence can be NOT at 3/1 for "count as another stat." The thing is, espionage can be used to hide the true size of your espionage :smallbiggrin: , and your 2 should be enough to trump their 7 espionage. We would be happy to pay as much as 4TP (even 6 TP if you REALLY want to jack the price and be "that guy") for the one-turn use, but a "friends and family" discount of 2TP would be appreciated if possible. Don't bother including Catherine or any Influence "counting as" as it would decrease the possibility of success, and it isn't really needed. EDIT: Alternatively, you could just send them, there's no reason I actually need to control them.

The masters agree that, assuming a successful acquisition, the shadow merger should be complete, with lines clearly drawn, by the end of the year. I had a suggestion for the logistics of such an alliance to which they were equally amenable. While outwardly we must remain enemies, that does not necessarily negate the possibility of a unified defensive military and espionage. We have shown that joint ventures can take place without contaminating the general population, which is a social experiment the masters fully intend to continue, and such ventures could, in the future, include military and intelligence operations.

Outwardly, this 'police force' would be tasked with maintaining the closed borders of Jupiter, a task which they would indeed perform, but they could also act as a buffer between jupiter and those who might envy or fear our cultural might: one stronger than what either of us could provide alone. The leviathans have been getting restless since the creation of the KWF, and a measure of independence could do the more dangerous ones some good, as well as placing them further from civilian activity.

Finally, as head marketing-slave, I would like to further address your concerns that my masters are being too... blunt in their.... "negotiations." While I recognize how unnerving the masters can be to those unfamiliar with them, their actions are rarely anything but carefully calculated. As-per my advisement, we are under no illusions about deceiving the powers-that-be who run the various political factions with regards to our political relationship. Those with true power understand the thin line between enemy and ally in the political landscape: it is the consumer of our mutually produced product of contentment who need to buy into the brand-war, and the masses are much less... critical.

I completely agree to an EoT shadow-alliance treaty, assuming a successful annexation of the Hybrids. My suggestion is, we could create an independent, purely outpost-based, automaton-faction, composed entirely of military and espionage donated by both factions, with perpetual standing orders to go on active defense for the planet of Jupiter. Theoretically, these standing orders could be broken if both the UVK and DS agreed to a particular venture, but I get the feeling we're probably going to be doing most ACTIVE actions with research and influence with the way jupiter's going, and it would provide a strong barrier to what is otherwise going to be an intimidating "target-on-back" alliance. This of-course wouldn't happen until later, but when it does, I'd be willing to contribute at-least 6 of my existing military, as well as whatever I wind up getting from the annexation. Also, with the "border police" enforcing the closed borders, the temptation to annex each other as our respective influences grow will be abated for both factions.

Thelonius
2015-12-10, 03:49 AM
Reach

The Institute of Interstellar Research

Greetings.

We would like to conclude a [trade agreement], that would see us both profit. Our organizations are aligned in our sentiment - you study interstellar matters, while our focus is on solar exploration. We propose greater cooperation, so in the future, our objectives could align even closer.

Bao Xun

Harmonius Seed [PM]

We must reject your offer. Misuse of scientific method already led to considerable damage to the Marsian ecology. The risk may not be ours, but it is carried by metahumanity's future in the solar system. We urge you to consider the long-term consequences of your approach.

[OOC: My calculation was INF 5 -> negates 5 INF of opponent for 15 TP (so negates -5 Morale). If they do it on their own, 4 TP = +1 Morale, 20 TP -> +5 Morale.]

Mabn
2015-12-10, 02:13 PM
Algiers Consortium

You have indeed allowed our people to travel freely in your territory. We encourage you to allow your people to do the same, allow any of your citizens to individually choose another union government at any time.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-12-10, 05:47 PM
Djinn Singularity (PM)

Caroline’s hologram stared at her hand. “It has been a while since I’ve tried a different look.” She muttered to herself. “But once the black lotus is done, I’ll be doing that anyway in a sense.”

“In any case, yes I believe you can handle the job, I just wished to mention the potential danger of it. We will need to draw up contracts and procedures, but we could lend you the use of resources. We will accept no responsibility for lashback however, but ideally there is no lashback at all. I do believe I can arrange a deal… better than that initial price that you’ve listed.”

Caroline looked out the window of the orbit to deep space, seeing a glimpse of earth in the distance. “By the way, I’ve been… noticing abnormal amounts of contact from the Harmonious collective by outside sources. I haven’t had the resources to pry… but it concerns me. They may be desperate.”

We actually have 3 Espionage right now, so we can loan 3. For the price,
I think given we have 3 Esp we can loan out all 3 for the price of 5 TP. It’s a bigger bargain than your first listed price of 4-for-2.
I guess I’m wondering what you’re expecting the Esp to block Inf with, though. Overpowering it with ‘our’ Esp can work, however. They’ll be authorized strictly to impede the enemy from diffusing our Influence attempts on them, not going into your territory (that would break the closed borders rules).

Speaking of covert operations, have you noticed the PM trail going between Reach and our NPC? I’m starting to get suspicious, because I don’t know what that is, and I don’t think they’d be placing an ordinary trade route under a PM.

“Indeed, we should draw up how such an alliance would work, because whenever the timetable for the merger operation is, having it drawn up is a certainty. Securing the surface, and setting up arrays of defenses towards hostile invaders. I am concerned about such… especially because of the aforementioned contacts.”

“I will concede that I may overestimate the masses by quite a large gap. I tend to overestimate when it comes to these things to account for safety, but at the very least it is prudent to be careful because if any people at the top are critical, with time to spare, then they can put their own mechanisms to educate their people. Knowledge has a funny way of trickling down.”

“So, to sum, what we should figure out plans for are, in no necessary order…” A pause, Caroline communed once again, the smile she usually wore long since removed as the Djinn didn’t care if she dropped her façade. Maybe she should consider a Djinn type appearance, they probably wouldn’t care, but her bishops might think it bemusing.

“A, the brand-war-alliance, covertly, B, the lending of our oracle and scrying spy networks to your cause for the sole purpose of allowing our influence to crack against the harmonious collective, C, the contractual mutual assimilation of the harmonious collective, split of assets, and follow ups should they survive, D, what we should strive to research once we get access to their communion-hive. I have a list of potential research subjects, which we should decide on the priority and purpose of obtaining.”

Yeah, a standing mechanical treaty to keep XX stationed for defensive posturing unless both of us ‘open their use up’ on a particular turn can work out as part of the treaty. Though we may want to separate that from the alliance itself, because the alliance should be covert. I’m also not sure we should make it an autonomous unit in itself, but that’s partly because I don’t want it being ‘convinced’ as an NPC to turn against us, and partly because we probably will need to use those stats for some venture at some point in the future.

I do feel like the Prisoners Dilemma is solved in part for us, moreso if we make a treaty involving our defenses this way. Given that the treaty prevents us from actually moving the Influence in to annex, and that we should have stopgaps to make sure it ‘cannot’ be broken with annexing in the same turn, thusly making the cost of trying to annex each other in a backstab impossible without the other faction knowing-and thus dooming mutually assured destruction.

As for research, our three main points are A, get faster AUs to get to other areas, B, research proper defenses for ourselves, via whatever we do that, and C, increased influence use for spearing through researched influence defenses, as somewhere down the line that will be an issue.

ArcaneStomper
2015-12-10, 09:32 PM
The Phoenix Consortium to Mitsuharu Academy
Would your institute be interested in working with our scientists to develop new methods of collecting solar energy? We have had some very interesting proposals.

The Brotherhood of the Dawn to the Daredevil Association
We have noticed how the Harmonious Seed and Djinn Singularity have made an agreement to trade their outposts for territories. We are willing to make the same agreement with you and build more cloud platforms in exchange for ceding control of the surface and inner atmosphere of Venus.

The Commonwealth to Assyria
We are concerned about the recent terrorist attempts that have plagued your nation. We wish to offer our assistance in finding the terrorist cells so that they can no longer cause havoc on the homeworld.

Vuurkoekje Empire to Algiers Consortium
We of course make no such impositions. The fact that immigration is so low is proof that our Empire is superior even to your nation.

The Rust Consortium to Storm's Wake
It occurs to us that we have neglected our relations with your organization. We believe a free trade agreement would benefit both of us and Mars as a whole. Would you agree to such. We would be willing to bear the cost of establishing it.

The Bleak Ark to the Deep Collective (PM)
We are both isolationist powers. But it appears that the Reach is not. Their efforts may draw attention to the belt and us. We would discuss possible counter measures with you.

The Harmonious Seed to the Djinn Singularity
It is possible that true resurrection can be accomplished, but do not attempt to sway us with your version. We are fully aware that it simply results in hollow shells. And as such lives are still a valuable asset.

We would also note that none of our people have joined you. Your efforts seem to be focused on planting false agents into our populace and overwhelming them with new population. However we concede that you are right. If our way of life was superior, then even such constructs should recognize it. We will take steps to improve it.

However know that if you refuse our offer of a mutual closed border, then we will be forced to resort to other measures.

The Harmonious Seed to the Reach (PM)
It appears that our simulations were in error. Your original deal would be of great benefit to us. Unfortunately we believe that the Djinn are in collusion with the Ultraviolet Kingdom and expect that they may also attempt to encroach on us in some way. So we would be willing to purchase the services of even more of your diplomats than was previously offered.

I was honestly just viewing it as morale having to be rebuilt. I didn't even consider that influence could counter other influence, but yes of course it can. Just mil counters mil and espionage counters espionage. So that changes things.

The Institute of Interstellar Research to the Reach
We agree. We are always looking for potential partners for our research efforts. And we look forward to the days when we can work together more closely.

The Commonwealth Public Announcement
Many obstacles have been over come in recent years. That of poverty, disease, and even war. In modern times civilization flourishes more than ever before. However there is still one obstacle to a truly golden age. And that obstacle is distance. When it takes years for the far flung colonies to reach and aid each other much is lost as citizens of one culture are hard pressed to fully experience another.

Therefor we at the Commonwealth are founding an organization to research this obstacle and find some way to overcome the vast distances of space. We encourage all other nations to join us in our quest, and we are also willing to purchase any commercially available research that has already been done.

Thelonius
2015-12-11, 05:47 AM
The Reach

Bleak Ark

Greetings,

The Reach wishes to extend offer of peace and cooperation to our neighbors in the Main Belt.

Bao Xun

Harmonius Seed [PM]

We can provide services of [10 INF] in exchange for:
1. [20 TP]
2. Interest-free loan of [4 TP], until [Next Turn].
3. Control over one of territories on Jupiter, as we wish to later establish research station there.

[The cost of housing stats from traded territory would be 8 TP. The value of the offer is 20 + 8 + 2 TP (approximately for loan, since I’ll repay 4 TP next turn) = 30 TP versus 40 TP that boosting morale by +10 would cost. There’s also special value of territory on Jupiter, but I doubt it is close to 10 TP.]

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-12-11, 02:52 PM
Commonwealth
So, I suppose this would be as simple as everyone who wants to being included into a research project to enhance their speed drives?

Djinn PM
I would suggest that we-instead of our own research this turn-try to mooch off of this common group, and collectively obtain drives. They'll appreciate our assistance regardless.

Storm's Wake, Mitsuharu Academy
Greetings. I hope you all are doing well. I know a festival was mentioned, and I was wondering about other activities that may have happened.

mjorkk
2015-12-11, 07:14 PM
A dissolves-on-contact-with-oxygen microfilm is found on Catherine's desk

We risked some secrecy to get you this message, but it is essential. It is better for you if you do not know the details of what we plan to do with your loaned information.... but we strongly suggest that you move any of your cultural/charitable resources to the bounds of a terrestrial gravity well. As for our joint research, yes, sending our results, both from this year, and last year, to the collective would be ideal. We request that you move all INFLUENCE stat points to territories and not outposts. Shuffle whatever else around you need to. All other stats should be fine in either orbitals or territories. I agree that we should give whatever progress he have to the group-pool, as well as giving contributing ourselves this turn to the group pool... whether we're flavoring as continuing the joint orbital or not is up to you.[/COLOR]

EDIT: I get how PM's work now :)

ArcaneStomper
2015-12-11, 09:04 PM
The Bleak Ark to the Reach
Cooperation in what?

We find the first and second points to be agreeable, but we would very much prefer not to part with fully terraformed areas as they are hard to build in the Jupiter sub system. We would be willing to build two outpost stations instead.

(Also the Harmonious Seed do not have sufficient speed to reach you. So any TP they pay will either need to be spent at Jupiter or take a turn to reach you on your own ships.)

The Commonwealth to the UVK
To an extent yes. Although we do need to face the realities of the research. We aren't willing to simply sign up each and every organization that isn't going to contribute equally. Likely we would offer smaller shares that involved access to the ships with the finished drives, but not the technology itself.

After all many of those factions with large research potential will balk at the prospect of putting so much time and effort only for other countries that do not equally invest to receive an equal share.

To Djinn Singularity (OOC)
Just for reference you don't spend a PM for every single message you send. You spend one PM in order to have a conversation with another faction. It is after all the two factions sending people to meet in person and discuss all the details of whatever the subject is.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-12-11, 11:25 PM
Commonwealth
My assumption was that the purpose of the research was for everyone possible to contribute, and for us all to reap the rewards. But very well.

Djinn (PM)
You already have a PM trail, you don't need to expend additional resources… unless you're guarding the PM itself with Esp, but then the pm is both guarded by 'esp' and it is guarded by PM status. Though yes, I'm fairly sure we can manage that during this turn.

Also, is that an agreement to the deal with the ESP?

Also, can we make a quick list of the mechanical things we're agreeing on to do that we can send in that is clean? It'd probably make things easier for the dm, plus I want us to make sure we're on the same page.

mjorkk
2015-12-12, 03:56 AM
A True Djinn's Voice is trapped within a crystal that was delivered to Catherine
Upon further inspection of Jovian Resources, the lending of your subjects will be unnecessary. It is for the best; the innocence of your slav... we mean subjects, is a bargaining asset that neither of us would want you to lose.
You can tell that the Djinn is straining to feign genuine understanding and care for the sake of its message's mortal recipient.

Honestly, I was confused about the mechanics of PM's. I won't spend the ESP point. Also... since I DON'T have to spend the point, I can shuffle some points around, and you can keep your own espionage. I can spare 2 Inf to count as Esp, and we'll still be almost assured to win.... still keep your influence on territories though K? Also, do you think we should bother giving to the Commonwealth? I mean, we COULD I guess, but the rebellious little **** in me wants to say "screw them and their 'you borrow our ships' deal." Alternatively, I could just do what real-world businessmen do, and contribute econ instead of research in the form of bribes and 'philanthropist' grant-money then reap a bigger share of the rewards that I'd actually share with the 'alliance'"

1-We're going to move all our influence stat-points to territorial residence, rather than outpost residence, shuffling around points as necessary.
2-Don't ask what I'm planning to do with Esp, but you don't need to donate any
3-We're joint Annexing Harmonious Seed this turn
4-We're agreeing to split any gained points 50/50 to simplify things
5-Territories take priority over orbitals
6-Influence, Espionage, and Military take priority in that order, after the priority of territory of course
7-IF there are no more HS territories left, we mechanically form an alliance on EoT
8-IF the alliance forms, we will create a pool of military to mutually defend, though it doesn't have to be a joint faction... that was actually overkill
9[not agreed upon yet]-We will still do the joint-research project, unrestrained like last turn, and share our results, both from this turn, and last turn freely with the commonwealth. Whatever they give us in return is fine
10[Just so you know]-I'm also bribing the commonwealth to try and be an "anonymous donor" and "count as" a full participant, if that works, we reap the full reward of the research, if not, we at-least get the consolation prize.

I think that covers it... and that's actually quite a bit.

The Firstborn's ever-slimy voice oozes out of the Commonwealth beaurocrat's speakerThe Singularity is lacking in research faculty. However, someone needs to provide the grant money, research equipment, and.... other incentives. If there's one thing that the Djinn do not lack, it is incentives. After all, the only difference between a mad scientist, and a scientist, is access to funding. We could even grant you access to a Djinn lawyer, who could show you how to spend as little as 1% of the proceeds on actual research, while still writing it off as a charitable donation. If you're concerned about the lack of speed in recipt of your "donation" due to the lack of speed in our current engines... well that would just make retrofitting our ships a top priority wouldn't it?

So how much of an econ TP bribe is it going to cost to make the Hivemind an "anonymous doner" to the project, and full recipient of the technology? If you had a breakthrough this turn, and sent fast ships to retrofit our ships en-route, you could get your bribe.... I mean grant money this turn.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-12-12, 05:47 AM
Djinn (PM)

"We should look into things…" Caroline did have a thought, but shook it off. She wasn't sure if it was impolite to suggest the djinn stop faking, or thank him for the effort. "But I wouldn't recommend going easy on them."
I would… strongly recommend against that (not sending your max Influence). In the highest possible order. I do have to wonder if 2 influence would be a better use than converting them for 1 Esp to do whatever your plan is. If my concerns about the Reach helping the Harm Collective are founded, then we may actually not have as much leeway as we'd like (if we value winning 'this turn', which I think we do). I thought your plan was to deal with 'them', but I'm going to just stay in the dark about this plan of yours which is fine and probably best for not-knowing-ness.

As for the commonwealth, I figured it was going to be an actual 'everyone chimes in and we all get AU speed' but it's really just an oddly worded "we'd like a research partner" request. We can keep researching on our own, or just spend the research on TP and wait until we get the Res from the Harm Collective.

2. I still 'seriously' feel like you shouldn't convert Inf to Esp, but alright I'll leave it to you. I'll trust you on your plan to be efficient enough to make up for missing out on 2 Inf, you're the one running those calculations not me.
4. Splitting gained stats and other acquisitions as evenly as possible, with bigger influence pool getting odd numbers works.
5. I feel like the balkanization could force them off of their areas and scattered, so we could claim the land, I have no idea how balkanization goes in regards to placement' of stats however.
6.Then research as fourth priority, because I'm fairly sure that we'll have more we can annex after those in the pool.
9. I can agree to this plan with the research.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to make a list… this is 'very' convoluted. It's literally the contracts between the "Wish Twisting Djinn Society" and "The Club Of Paranoid Lvl 20 Batman Wizards & CoDZillas". Feels kinda 'right'.

mjorkk
2015-12-12, 05:09 PM
Djinn (PM)

"We should look into things…" Caroline did have a thought, but shook it off. She wasn't sure if it was impolite to suggest the djinn stop faking, or thank him for the effort. "But I wouldn't recommend going easy on them."
I would… strongly recommend against that (not sending your max Influence). In the highest possible order. I do have to wonder if 2 influence would be a better use than converting them for 1 Esp to do whatever your plan is. If my concerns about the Reach helping the Harm Collective are founded, then we may actually not have as much leeway as we'd like (if we value winning 'this turn', which I think we do). I thought your plan was to deal with 'them', but I'm going to just stay in the dark about this plan of yours which is fine and probably best for not-knowing-ness.

As for the commonwealth, I figured it was going to be an actual 'everyone chimes in and we all get AU speed' but it's really just an oddly worded "we'd like a research partner" request. We can keep researching on our own, or just spend the research on TP and wait until we get the Res from the Harm Collective.

2. I still 'seriously' feel like you shouldn't convert Inf to Esp, but alright I'll leave it to you. I'll trust you on your plan to be efficient enough to make up for missing out on 2 Inf, you're the one running those calculations not me.
4. Splitting gained stats and other acquisitions as evenly as possible, with bigger influence pool getting odd numbers works.
5. I feel like the balkanization could force them off of their areas and scattered, so we could claim the land, I have no idea how balkanization goes in regards to placement' of stats however.
6.Then research as fourth priority, because I'm fairly sure that we'll have more we can annex after those in the pool.
9. I can agree to this plan with the research.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to make a list… this is 'very' convoluted. It's literally the contracts between the "Wish Twisting Djinn Society" and "The Club Of Paranoid Lvl 20 Batman Wizards & CoDZillas". Feels kinda 'right'.

Seven simple words on plain blank letter-face find themselves on Catherine's desk
We will not go easy. Trust us.

Yeah, assuming that annexation includes annex-er-directed relocation, we can leave out the territory priority. That's more of a raw mechanical thing. I think we should alternate who gets the odd numbered from each individual split, trying to make it as even as possible, but that can be handled over hipchat if it's successful (which we should know tomorrow.) I still think I'm going to turn two INF into ESP, but I'm pretty sure it's worth it right now. As for the research, yeah, let's just continue our joint project, as we did last turn, and just share the results with the commonwealth.

Andre
2015-12-12, 06:55 PM
ASSYRIA [d.esp 9]

Thanks for your timely concern, but that won't be necessary. With their major source of support cut out, stamping them out won't be a problem nor will it be a lenghty processing. And if we can add to the wealth of the region, we can prevent it from happening ever again.[/COLOR]

ArcaneStomper
2015-12-14, 11:16 AM
The Commonwealth to Djinn Singularity (PM)
We do not wish to "spend as little as 1% of the proceeds on actual research" The entire point of this organization is to research new methods of transportation not making a profit. Still energy is energy and if you wish to invest [20 TP] then we can provide access to our first level of results when they are available.

The Commonwealth to Assyria
Very well, though we are still concerned that this threat lurks. It is our analysts determination that the nations in question neither had the inclination nor resources to fund terrorists capable of penetrating your security. Thus a third party must have been at work. And your siezure of the nations in question will not have hampered them.

Thelonius
2015-12-14, 11:56 AM
Reach

Bleak Ark & Deep Collective [PM]

We propose, hopefully with inclusion of Deep Collective, to restrict settlement in the Main Belt to the already present factions. Many have chosen to live here in the solitude of asteroids, because they wish to lead a life without interference. We will not interfere in the dealings of Bleak Ark or Deep Collective and we are prepared to prevent other factions from doing it. As such, we offer to conclude [Main Belt Settlement/Space Station Restriction Treaty], that would prohibit non-Main Belt factions from establishing space stations in Main Belt, without our joint consent.

Andre
2015-12-14, 02:51 PM
ASSYRIA [d.esp 9]

Doubt not their intentions, mighty Tiberius - there is a long history of enmity between our kin. It's up to us now breaking the circle of revenge. Yet your analysts raise a valid point about the resources necessary for such an attack. It would seem that the tales about Tiberius' wisdom were not overstated.

I'm afraid my attention has been... distracted, as of late, by what is transpiring at the fringes of the solar system. Jupiter is becoming by the day ever the wretched hive of abominations, transhumans and fanatics looking to enslave each other to their perverted ideologies. They are not a threat to us now but, like a wasting disease of old, they will spread throughout the system eventually.

I still believe we have the situation under control, though. I am loathe to rely upon outsider help, and even more to feel indebted to someone, to be frank. If you, however, wish to aid out of the goodness of your heart, I will not turn you down, and shall graciously accept your gift. Under those conditions, your agents are free to enter Assyria, and join our forces in the investigation. Otherwise, I must politely decline.

Assur, light of Assyria

ArcaneStomper
2015-12-19, 12:52 AM
January 1st, 2024

Turn 4

Earthly Affairs
The placid state of affairs of the last decade is beginning to crumble. Citizens are being shaken out of their apathy. Leaders are being forcibly given lessons in real politic, and corporations are beginning to compete more heavily. All this the result of the continued expansion of various terrestrial powers and the news from the outer system.

On Earth itself regional blocs are forming to counter increased memetic warfare as well as more traditional violent takeovers. The Commonwealth has grown to encompass most of South and Central America and has begun to turn it's attention north. To the far north the great dragons are stirring from their nests and prepare to respond to this subtle encroachment.

The Vuurkoekje is integrating itself more and more heavily into the African Union as Prince Iskander's words begin to hold more and more sway. And even as it does the Algiers Consortium moves to encourage freedom and democracy in the Empire itself leading to a rather tense and chaotic situation on the African continent.

This is not helped by the sudden growth of religious cults dedicating themselves to the awakening of the sleeper and the opening of doors. Starting in Assyria these cults have begun converting in all nations, but few know what their overall goals are.

On the other hand not everything is bad news. The Algiers Consortium has released the technology for building their massive arcologies to the world. Easily adapted to all environments and conditions these towering buildings can house people and facilities in extremely dense configurations.

[Everyone Gains: Arcology - Cost 2 TP. Increase stat cap by 1. Only one can be built in each territory.]

Celestial Subversion
The most worrying news comes from far off Jupiter. The inhuman Djinn have begun an aggressive campaign of memetic warfare against the citizens of the Harmonious Seed. Offering lavish lifestyles and unparalleled luxury to anyone who wish to emigrate to the Singularity's habitats. At the same time the The Ultraviolet Kingdom has begun broadcasting speeches from their leader Caroline. These denounce the Djinn as opportunistic overlords who only wish to enslave the Harmonious Seed for their intellectual prowess. She implores the Seed to reject the Djinn's overtures as leading only to enslavement in a gilded cage and offers sanctuary for any who wish to escape the Djinn's depredations.

Surprisingly there is a fourth player in this interplanetary drama. The Reach have sent a fleet of freighters to the Jupiter orbit where they proceeded to build a mighty station in a frenzy of construction. From this new station they have lent their support to the leaders of the Harmonious Seed and kept the situation from dissolving into a total exodus from hybrid country. Even so the Seed is in turmoil as citizens riot against the ruling council and question what course is best for their future. Their decision is not helped by the fact that several of the Seed's orbital facilities have suffered from major accidents as unstable experiments into high magic systems were left unattended by distracted scientists and destabilized.

Thelonius
2015-12-25, 06:38 AM
The Reach

Algeries Consortium [4]

Your actions in releasing the research to public are commendable. While Reach is looking outward and thus we have had few opportunities to work with you so far, we hope that eventually, we would be able to peruse joint projects that would see us both prosper.

Harmonius Seed [PM]

Greetings,

Our social technicians have run projections and it seems unlikely, that you would be able to withstand the cultural pressure of combined efforts from Djinn Singularity and The Ultroviolent Kingdom. The only shot you may have is gaining support of Rust Consortium, while retaining our services, however, it's unlikely that you would be able to afford such solution long-term.

The Reach would like to offer you a painful, but in our opinion, the only viable, solution, that would see you preserved. We are willing to offer you [20 Limit] in the Main Belt as well as transportation to there via our advanced acceleration systems. You could take the loyalists and preserve the core of your culture and vision. In addition, we will conclude a treaty of mutual protection, so other nations wouldn't be able to take advantage of your weakened state. This will give you a chance to rebuild and hopefully, eventually reclaim your place in Jupiter.

If you are willing to consider this offer, we can discuss the conditions, under which this can be accomplished. I will say, that considering your economic situation, we'll be willing to limit immediate material compensation for provided territories to [8 RP]. We would also advise that you would prioritize preserving your research and military, as it is to a strategic detriment to Reach, if it were to fall to the Djinn Singularity and The Ultraviolet Kingdom.

mjorkk
2015-12-26, 04:35 AM
There is much commotion from the DJinn side of the research station: a true DJinn has come to personally oversee the station: not a simulacrum or a wish-granting proxy-daemon, but a a living, breathing, TRUE Djinn, in the flesh, in all its splendor. Through the docking bay doors, to the adoration of its subjects, steps the beast

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/12/11/childhoodsend_hero_karellen_022.jpg

The creature tilts its neck in a gesture of simultaneous wonder and understandingThank you for coming to meet us in person... Catherine. Our subjects tell us that this is a sign of what the manyminded call.... respect. This is why we have chosen to send a true avatar to negotiate, and hopefully inaugurate our....arrangement.

It seems that extra-planetary interference has prevented Hybrid Ssl from being fully brought within the fold. This is.... unfortunate, however, it is the opinion of the Djinn that this should not disuade the inevitable progression of a peaceful content humanity.

The vast majority of the Hybrids desire to either live the life of Earthly pleasures within the Singularity, or a life of.... I believe my subject called it "wholistic contentment" under the watchful eye of the Ascended One. The beast bows its head a small amount that would be imperceptible to anyone but Catherine. However, there are still some who would.... wish, for return to their life as hybrids. The oligarchs of the Hybrids requested inclusion in a treaty last year. It is highly probable that they would accept another such treaty this year.... one that allowed us to mutually reap the benefits of Jupiter's unique energy-flow as early as next year or the year after. Allow them to take those still loyal to their leaders into the protection of their newfound friends beyond Jupiter's gravity, and leave those who wish to stay here.

Given the nature of the ideological memes at-play, it would be ideal if the faction playing the... savior, were to propose this treaty. However, any gained habitable space would be shared nonetheless. Now that we have found a mortal we can trust.... pardon, a HUMAN we can trust, cooperation is preferable to conflict.

Additionally, given the alien warships in Jovian space, and the potential for cooperation evidenced by this station, a joint task force for the purpose of defending the borders of Jupiter from forces that would disrupt our respective utopias.

Finally.... it is the.... pleasure of the collective, to extend the hand of... friendship, to the Ascended One... and her subjects.

1:Propose the influence equivalent of an "end of war treaty" maybe?
2: Alliance even though we didn't have decisive victory maybe?
3: Joint "defend together" military and espionage maybe? We have enemies now.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-12-26, 05:17 AM
Djinn PM

”Yes. This is indeed a thing. Both respect, and the treaty.” Caroline herself did not seem the grandiose figure that propaganda or holograms or even simulacrums suggested. A lack of glow, weary, empty and utterly mundane, for as mundane as one could look in sparkling blue and purple garb. Not weak though, never weak. More like… an engine, a forge whose fires were on ebb, and could switch to flow at a moment’s notice, and flare brighter than the stars themselves.

Such a flare was clearly visible multiple times last year, when Caroline herself went to the Jupiter territories to ‘combat’ the Djinn onslaught, and thus she believed the Djinn would not distrust her for her pauper like appearance. The Djinn hardly cared for such things anyway, so even if they did it didn’t matter.

“Thank you for addressing me as human instead of mortal, both because I greatly appreciate the lengths the Djinn are going to to appear courteous, and because I am not sure I qualify as ‘mortal’ anymore. Remind me to study exactly what Djinn culture is like, such that it does not have these concepts. I really am fascinated by the psychological differences. Unless this misunderstanding is a game played by the Djinn to play at being incomprehensible, of course. Which is also fine.”

Caroline had a couple of her higher guardians with her and an Archbishop, the retinue she always carried wherever she went. ”Fetch me my Ichor, AB-Emily, I’m running low again, and I much prefer the Mania to the Depression.”

“Where was I…” She would have sat down, but propping herself to stand via magic was no different than conjuring a chair to sit on, so what was the use? “I believe there are a few things to address. Let’s draw up a picture.”

Joint Defenses: The Reach and Harm will inevitably eventually seek a war against us.
Treatise: It is mutually beneficial for everyone to negotiate a solution. We get control of Jupiter, and the collective core remains as they leave the planet.
Planetary Control: We wish to establish total dominance, in order to tap into Jupiter Ley lines uncontestedly.

”Far as I know, those are the points, and we agree on them. I will actually broadcast the agreement ri- AB Emily where’s the damn ichor?” Caroline’s expressionless face for the first time twisted into a snarl, and Emily immediately stopped inspecting the minor flub the scientists were making to run to Caroline’s side. Hell, Emily looked far more regal than Caroline right now, despite being a High Priest to Caroline’s Pope. Archbishops were the top rank though, as lax as they tended to be.

“I, aah, here you go. Sorry, just wanted to make sure they weren’t creating antoehr incident like last time.” A moment’s pause, then another, precious time went by, and as Caroline felt the two tubes go into the sides of her neck and turn bright cyan her expression melted into a smile. Her entire outfit took on a dim glow, and her smile did too.

”Much better. Great… heh. Alright, it’s show time! Anyway genie puppies I’m going to wait about a minute for the initial rush to wear off and then I am going to make sure to broadcast it right from this location You do not have to talk or participate form here if you don’t want to but I will be giving an open line for you to communicate as well if you deem it necessary Not that you don’t have the methods to do so yourself Caroline, breathe, breathe deep.”

”Sorry, she gets quite crazy directly after her dosage. Usually nobody’s around to see her until the rush is off but she wanted to be fresh for the broadcast.” ”I’m right here you know, I can speak for myself.” ”The Djinn don’t differentiate between individual people.” ”While a fair point I’m pretty sure we’re at a point where they differentiate between ‘me’ and ‘ordinary mortals’. ”Fair point. Sorry.” ”Nah, I understand. Chill, I’m calmer now. Let’s, ehehe… let’s get this show on the road, baby. Sorry for the wait Djinn, that took a little while, but my vibrance is in full flow.”

Mechanics
1. Kind of like that, I think something’s effectively drawn up well.
2. I think we can keep the alliance covert, but see below.
3. I 100% agree. I have no doubts that even if the harm and reach ‘promise’ to leave us be, that they will have full intent to barricade and assault us in the future.

The Reach, Harmonious Collective

“Greetings, Collective of Jupiter, and diplomats of The Reach. The Djinn have warred against you, and while our counter-conversion attempts on their attack has had moderate success, it is wreaking havoc on your population. I fear that there may not be much left in the end if this keeps up. This is not a Pareto optimal conclusion for any of us, therefore, we have done discussion and contract drawing up with the Djinn to format a solution that I hope, at least, will make everyone more happy.”

Caroline stood straighter, refreshing her smile. “The core of the Harmonious Collective should evacuate Jupiter airspace for the Main Belt. This war between the Ultra Violet Kingdom and the Djinn Singularity is too dangerous for the surrounding populace. Ideally, the Reach to give you assistance in migration. We know their diplomats are here, and should be perfectly willing to give you a ride to the Main Belt on their way off-planet. You may not have Outposts for your popuace, but the resources that you carry can build some outposts, and then those outposts can build the infrastructure for the rest.”

“Jupiter, er, ‘Jovian’ Airspace and Territory should be ceded solely to Djinn and UVK, to be split evenly between us. All Harmonious Collective and Reach divisions will leave Jupiter airspace by the end of the year. Our ideological clashes will be sorted out one way or another, but separate from this issue. Our evaluations assert that there are multiple colonies within the Harmonious Collective that have now swapped loyalties, and thus suggest that up to 9 of your *ahem*, ‘stat points’ be left to each of the UVK and the Djinn. As well as the Territories and Orbitals of Jupiter, but that comes with the territory of mass exodus.”

“At the conclusion of which, upon the security of Jupiter as solely the warground for the UVK and the Djinn, we will offer not to pursue and harm the Harm…onious collective. Heh. Lightening up the mood. Ultra-lightening it up. Hehe. Okay Caroline, this is a serious discussion hold off the Manic Crazy Times just a little longer you can get through this.”

“Ahem. What was I saying? Yes.”

“Upon the cessation of Jupiter Airspace by the Harm and the Reach as the sole grounds of UVK and Djinn, the matter will be settled, and we shall let bygones be bygones. We shall leave the Harmonious Collective untouched from further coercive matters, provided that the Harmonious Collective does not take steps towards actively inhibiting the Ultra Violet Kingdom. … and yes, also the Djinn Singularity, much as I loathe to put into the contract that the Harm cannot get in ‘their’ way.”

“So, Reach gets a new research buddy, the Collective maintains the core of it’s people, the UVK gets the population safely out of the way to fight the Djinn, and the Djinn get to properly acquire more resources. Sounds like a win for everybody.”

Mechanics

Reach helps out the Harm, through whatever pacts and deals they offer. Reach got to Jupiter in 1 year, they can get back in 1 year. That is a matter for the Reach and the Harm to announce separately.

Harmonious Collective will cede 9 Stat Points to the UVK and 9 Stat Points to the Djinn. At least 1 of each of the 5 stat points (Mil, Esp, Eco, Res, Inf) should be provided to the Djinn and to the UVK, but otherwise we leave ceded left stat points to your discretion (2 Mil, 2 Esp, 2 Eco, 2 Res, 2 Inf, 8 unspecified stat points in total).

All Territories and Outposts will be Ceded to the control of the UVK and the Djinn, to be divvied up between us as we see fitting. The Reach shall not lay claim to any Outposts or Territories in Jupiter.

All Reach and Harm Stat Points should leave Jupiter, spare those stat points ceded to UVK and Djinn control.

Provided control of Jupiter is left solely to the UVK and the Djinn, we shall agree not to pursue future matters against the Harmonious Collective, presuming that they are not implicit in pursuing future matters against us.

Also, the UVK and the Djinn would like to enter into a three-way non-aggression pact with the Reach preventing the use of any Military or Espionage against each other as factions, provided that the Reach do not encroach upon the region of Jupiter.

Andre
2015-12-27, 10:03 AM
ASSYRIA [d.esp 15]

The Senate and People of Assyria also find Algerian breakthroughs to be... commendable indeed. It would be our pleasure to cooperate with you in future endeavours. As such, we would recommend that a private summit be held between Assyria, Algiers, and the Reach. Inclusion of other... trusted... parties would not be amiss either.

mjorkk
2015-12-27, 01:38 PM
The true Djinn standing behind Catherine begins speaking directly to the camera

What our loathsome rival misrepresents in her ramblings is the fact that the Djinn have no interest in the "acquisition of resources." Our home dimension is already a paradise, and we have no need for such paltry games. We wish only to recreate that paradise for all pilgrims who individually desire to live there.... regardless of their leaders desire to shackle them to the old ways. We will not be gaining resources; those hybrids who are ready to move on to the next stage of social evolution will have a new home, and the so-called "elder seeds" have no right to hold them back from this. Let those who fear the future flee to the Main Belt, and those who cannot make the pilgrimage take refuge within the Ascended One's contract; we will not pursue. Perhaps their great-grandchildren will be more enlightened.

When the signal finally cuts out, the Djinn turns to Catherine, mincing no words.

It is clear that you are still coping with a burgeoning cosmic awareness. This stirs the shadow of a memory... though it was aeons ago, and the fragments of that which came before are still shattered. Perhaps, after contemplation, the Hive may have some insight... or perhaps hindsight... that could assist you in your... evolution.

No mechanics, pure fluff this time.

ArcaneStomper
2015-12-28, 12:24 AM
Mercurial Manufacturing and Saturnine Science
While the rest of the of the system is focused on war, and political infighting, and subversion the two planets at opposing ends of human colonization have taken an entirely different focus. On Mercury factory complex after factory complex have been built by the three dominant powers who have settled into a mutually beneficial arrangement of treaties and trade agreements.

Meanwhile at the far edge of the system the Interstellar institute has become one of the leading collection of scientists and engineers in the system. And while their isolation might have hampered their efforts it is alleviated by the Omega Consortium whose trade ships venture across the entire system and have financial outlets in every city.

We are considering several strategies, but your offer is currently the most promising. Especially given the negotiations extended by the Ultraviolet Kingdom and Djinn Singularity.

What would you require in exchange for guaranteeing our sovereignty.

Bleak Ark & Deep Collective to the Reach
We wish to discuss the proposed treaty further before we can come to a full agreement. What for instance would our response be to other organizations setting up unauthorized stations in the belt.

The Commonwealth to the Reach
We have noticed that your company has the technology to reach Jupiter in a single year, which is far faster than anything else we have observed in the solar system. Would you be open to selling us this technology?

The Harmonious Seed to the Reach, Ultraviolet Kingdom, and Djinn Singularity
We find this proposal acceptable if you are willing to give up any further subversions you have made into our people beyond the ones that we are forced to leave behind. Per the Djinn's amendment we will not overwrite any of our citizen's loyalty in their favor.

However a mere one year is not sufficient to build new outposts for all our remaining people. To gain more time we propose to voluntarily disarm ourselves completely to show that despite the subversions of the Ultraviolet Kingdom and Djinn Singularity the Harmonious Seed never had any ill intentions.

We also offer not to disclose the collusion of the Djinn Singularity and Ultraviolet Kingdom and allow them to retain their facade of animosity. Our analysis shows that as much as 70 percent of the system's governing polity's may still believe this rivalry to be genuine. So our offer has merit.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-12-28, 09:28 AM
Discussion: The Harmonious Seed, Reach, Ultraviolet Kingdom, and Djinn Singularity (I'm just going to use this tag, because all messages are going to all parties, and little reason to just delete our own name each time)
Caroline was still on the line, but at this point things had shifted from the more public broadcasts to more private lines.

"So, the problem is presently that you cannot build enough orbital stations to house all of your "stat points" within the year? Is this the sole barrier? We may be able to work out a solution and compromise, but before I do I would like to be certain that this is the sole barrier. If there are any other barriers to both Harm-Seed and Reach people leaving Jupiter Regional Space this year, please state as such now, while we are trying to form an overarching solution.

We note that you will not overwrite any of the 'convincing' done in this 'holy war', as a side tack, and will pass this along to the Djinn."

Mitsuharu Academy

Greetings, it has been a while, and things have gotten increasingly busy. How are relations going so far? Have you done sufficiently well? I know that we've been giving your side increasing trade routes, boosted to an extremely high level. We were wondering how the Research side of things was going of our arrangement.

Also, did I hear wrong, or did you guys manage to unify Mercury under a single collation? If so, congratulations. Even if you're all simply in trade relations and peace pacts instead of an out and out alliance, this still sounds good for you.

Storm's Wake

"You've been out of contact for a while, I hope you've been alright. Missed you, you know."

Algiers Consortium
I'm not sure that anybody else has contacted you on the matter, but the work you are doing is wonderful. This is not a business call, unless you would like to conduct such. This is purely a letter of gratitude and thanks for the good works you have done.

Sincerely; Archbishop Emily

ArcaneStomper
2015-12-31, 12:09 AM
The Harmonious Seed to the Ultraviolet Kingdom, Djinn Singularity, and the Reach
That is the only obstacle we see at the moment. We do not understand why you would need to pass on our message to the Djinn Singularity. There representative is standing directly behind you in our video feed.

mjorkk
2015-12-31, 11:18 AM
The Djinn's face twists into an alien expression that appears to be an analogue to disgust and anger The UVK have subverted our signals and spliced our image to subvert us for the last time. Your bandwidth was offered in good faith to allow the unenlightened to leave Jovian airspace. This is an act of aggression, and will not stand. Once we have removed the third party from Jupiter, you will pay for this outright attempt at public humiliation Catherine!

Days pass after the summit, with the Djinn and Catherine in "heated ideological warfare and negotiation" that truly amounts to probing questions, with Catherine trying to learn more about the Djinn, and the Djinn trying to determine if Catherine is going to evolve into something akin to them.

The Harmonious Seed remaining on Jupiter is untenable. However, they are correct in that, if they cede 9 units of population centers to us, they will not have enough production capacity to construct outposts for their entire remaining population. Assuming they keep the least productive and most loyal citizens, those within military and intelligence capacities, we calculate that they would still need at-least 36 more mega-units of energy-value to complete construction of sufficient outposts in the Main Belt. Providing this from our own coffers would be beneficial to all involved. This should not be free, we suggest that all population centers containing those who wish to convert be ceded immediately, but we will leave the cost-increase, if any, to your judgement.

If they striped down to the lowest possible production value (i.e. giving up economy first, research second, influence third etc...,) they'd still need 36 TP to relocate. My suggestion is as follows

1: We agree to provide the difference, at 18 TP apiece, though we can loan you the TP if you can't cover it this turn.
1.5: They immediately cede the selected territories/outposts with stats to us as part of the contract. (or whatever other reasonable cost you can think of)
2: Our stat-points that are on invest mode don't spend that TP on new stats, but simply let it linger
3: If the HS are gearing up to leave, we give them the 36 TP to let them complete the process
3.5: If the HS are spending their TP to do anything other than leave, or build up (as in unspent TP,) we do what we must and glorp them with influence that's "on contingency" (The on contingency influence is why I might have to spot you the 18 TP, which I'm okay with)

After much heated debate, the Djinn and the UVK have come to an agreement about how much..... charity the word seems to pain the Djinn the Harmonious Seed deserves in their efforts to leave Jupiter. Because it was their decision to be charitable, and because they still wish to see your inferior culture exist, they will explain the terms... ON THEIR OWN SIGNAL WITHOUT INTERFERING WITH OURS!

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-12-31, 12:01 PM
Djinn (PM)
"This argument is a good way to turn a mistake into a positive, even if I feel it's being 'slightly' overplayed. Regardless… I don't think they'll agree to 'immediate' conversion. Conversion before we hand over anything, I agree. But not before they can sufficiently trust. It is to the benefit of everyone that this matter be addressed."

"I will need to assess my assets, and determine how much excess Mega Units I'll need to be spotted on. I may need to borrow some of your broadcasting bandwidth, as well. Also, those flickering memories are something I have great interest with, and would like to discuss at length at a time when this is a less pressing matter."

"Also, Reach. It's not just the Harm that need to leave Jupiter space, but the Reach too. if they don't get off our space lawn then this whole exercise was pointless."

"Also, I'm saying also a lot. Heh. Self-Depricating humor that only I'm laughing at. High class entertainment."

Djinn Reach Harm Seed UVK Jovian Politiks
"Ehehe. Oh geeze. Making a mountain out of a molehill. Really desperate for any excuse against me. Ahem."

"To the benefit of everyone involved, we have a suggestion. The main issue is that the Harm do not have the raw resources to build sufficiently elsewhere. We are willing to donate up to 36 … mega-units? Whatever the Djinn called it. We'll front that up to help get everything started. The purpose of this is to speed the timetable up to this year, resulting in a happier result for everyone involved."

"Of course, as the Djinn insist, it is only fair to us that we take a pinch more of the fringe voters in exchange. This serves the dual purpose of giving you more to build with, and less to need to build 'for'. Getting the process done this year is a positive thing for you guys, too. At least if peace and survival is the intention."

Mechanics

The Harmonious Collective cede 11 stat points to the Djinn and 11 to the UVK, instead of the 9 from previously, for our use this turn.
Upon which, we give the Harmonious Collective 36 TP total to help build their outposts in the Main Belt.
The Harmonious Collective, with the help of the Reach, exodus from the planet by the end of the year. The Reach also leave and cede Jupiter space.
Upon the complete control of Jovian (Jupiter) space to the UVK/Djinn duality, we shall cease hostilities, and be willing to enter pacts with the Harm to ensure mutual safety and benefit for all, such as the closed borders treaty.
As long as we retain control of the Jovian region, and are not aggressed upon.
Factors are otherwise the same as before, and some of this is merely restating anyway.

Mabn
2015-12-31, 02:12 PM
Algiers Consortium

What areas of joint research would interest you?

We are willing to engage in a joint research project with almost anyone. Our areas of interest are not those that would require trust.

ArcaneStomper
2016-01-02, 05:11 AM
The Harmonious Seed to the Djinn Singularity and Ultraviolet Kingdom
We are willing to agree to this revision if in turn we are free to choose which assets to turn over.

mjorkk
2016-01-03, 12:25 AM
The True Djinn stays on the station, to ease the transfer of information..

The deal they propose is acceptable, given two assumptions. First, we MUST reiterate that control of the vacated territories go ONLY to native jovians, and NOT The Reach. Second, the population centers ceded must not be intentionally disruptive to our burgeoning alliance they may chose what is ceded , but the cadres send to our control must be composed of comparably skilled individuals.

Remind them that no territories, even vacant ones, go to the Reach, and the stat-point allocations to each of us must be identical.

Epinephrine_Syn
2016-01-03, 02:00 PM
Djinn Reach Harm Seed UVK Jovian Politiks
"Yes, according to our agreement you will have flexibility in the particular immigrants you give us, as long as they are competent, ready to perform, and not sabotaged in any way. The Djinn have insisted I reiterate though, that by the end of the year, there must only be UVK and Djinn forces within the Jupiter region. This means the territories and outposts you leave go into either UVK or Djinn control, not the Reach."

"We would also like for the Reach to agree to these plans, as they have yet to speak in these negotiations, and their silence is the equivalent of an utter rejection."

mjorkk
2016-01-03, 06:46 PM
If the reach attempts to claim vacated territories, we must act swiftly, and without fear of public opinion. Jupiter must stand united against outside threats. As for requesting control of our broadcasting satellites, we've already accused you of hacking our feed, so if.... these control codes, happened to find their way into your broadcasting feed, we'll simply claim it was the conflict. I suggest similar contingencies if the Harmoniuous Seed fail to cede their 11 territories, but given the access codes I am currently giving you, I will leave it up to you to implement such a contingency. Our wish-granters should be able to fabricate sufficient building material to give to the harmonious seed. We will send a shipment of the materials to you to maintain appearances.

If the reach tries to move in on our new territories, the only way to re-secure them may be to continue our info-war against the Harmonious seed. However, you have those codes, so I will leave such a contingency to you.

Add a priority 1 contingency on your military "If The Reach tries to move any TP to any vacated territories that should be ours, contest their settlement with military force, firing only if necessary, but firing if necessary. I'd actually recommend seizing any TP moving TO the settlement rather than firing on an actual settlement, because that's a lower rep loss. We'll actually have to get those orders in today, though with this message plain and in the open, one extra day of wiggle room might be understandable, we'll see.

My orders for influence will include to follow any orders (that don't involve annexing the Djinn) issued through the command codes from the UVK. Use them as you see fit to enforce our agreement with the harmonious seed, though if all goes according to plan, you won't need to use the codes at all.

Finally, we will suply the full 36 TP to send to the Harm-Seed, though we will be sending 16 of it to you first, please send it to them, so we can keep up appearances.

Bear in mind, that any territory or orbitals vacated by Jovians belongs to native Jovians. Any attempt to impede on Jovian independence and soverignty will be met with aggressive force. Jupiter will not be occupied by outsiders. The Djinn might consider giving you some time to vacate your orbitals here, as long as you assist your hybrid allies in leaving, but any Jovian growth will be met with swift force..

ArcaneStomper
2016-01-04, 09:42 PM
The Harmonious Seed to the UVK, Djinn, and Reach
Since we already planned to evacuate completely we will comply with these terms.

(OOC: Since I don't think a player should be plunged into war simply because they have not been able to post I will NPC the Reach until Thelonius gets back on. The Reach will agree to a withdrawal of their forces. However they will not give over their outposts unless the Djinn and UVK buy them.)

The Harmonious Seed to the Bleak Ark and Deep Collective
Do to the subversion of the Djinn Singularity and Ultraviolet Kingdom we are being forced to leave the Jovian subsystem. We plan to relocate to the asteroid belt, however we recognize your prior claim and to avoid hostilities are willing to negotiate treaties and trade agreements as necessary to establish a new homeland for ourselves.

Epinephrine_Syn
2016-01-09, 02:25 PM
Mitsuharu, Storm's Wake

Things have been real hectic these past couple months, it's been hard to get a good proper time to talk. Hello? Anybody around?

(Hoping you two are alright, I know we made some research agreements and deals and I'm wondering if you guys are still in the game and if we're still doing those, since I at least have been contributing economically.)

mjorkk
2016-01-11, 01:06 AM
A message, in a young human female's voice, with a PALPABLE air of spoiled brat, finds its way to an important official in the Reach I heard from Tammy's sister that some people in The Reach wanted to sell their space stations. Me and my friends have been meaning to get our own place, and the old Sssl style space palaces are so passe, and your unique outsider's take on living might be just what we need. I'm not exactly familiar with your currency, since I was raised in the Singularity, but I'm sure I can get a Djinn to whip up whatever resources you want.

The Djinn are fully willing to pay for the Orbitals, and add that TP expenditure onto our "if everything goes according to plan" TP expenditure contingency. HOWEVER, if time constraints mean we need to wait until next turn to finalize that, to help speed the EoT along, that's fine as well.

ArcaneStomper
2016-01-13, 10:37 PM
Reach to the Djinn Singularity (PM)
And how many of these resources are you willing to pay for the privilege of owning our station. We are not particularly looking to sell them, but we are amenable to a deal if the price is right.

Nyna
2016-01-16, 10:48 AM
Mitsuharu Academy

Sorry for the radio silence, we're still here. Research is going more slowly than expected as we didn't receive any assistance from Storm's Wake last year regarding the Improved Drives. We're still working on it, but it may take a little longer than originally expected.

Would you be able to give us a general synopsis on the situation over in your neck of the solar system? Is everything alright over there?

ArcaneStomper
2016-01-19, 11:19 PM
January 1st, 2025
Turn 5

The Reordering of Earth
As more and more countries have been subsumed by the growing power blocs the countries remaining on the homeworld of humanity have taken steps to preserve at least some measure of sovereignty. The enigmatic monarch of the British Dominions and the elusive princess of the Kingdom of Mylira have entered into an alliance sealed by marriage to create the Empire of Seasons. All remaining countries in the American continents have entered the spheres of influence of either the new Empire or the Commonwealth.

Meanwhile on the shores of Asia the Empire of Japan and the People's Republic of China have come to an uneasy alliance. There they have created the Co-dominion of Greater Asia whose technocratic bureaucrats have seen the incorporation of the majority of south east Asia. And finally the great sleeping bear of the Soviet Union has awoken. At least long enough to extend its reach into the now defunct European Union and gain a dozen new soviet states.

Mabn
2016-01-27, 12:46 AM
Algiers Consortium

Did you still wish to pursue joint research?

ArcaneStomper
2016-01-27, 08:46 PM
Solar Shades
The settlements on Mercury are growing at an ever increasing pace as the Mitsuharu Institute reveals it's new patented solar magics. The celestial shields redirect incoming solar energy into vast self powering umbrellas that allow for new permanent cities to be built without fear of the punishing solar radiation. There is already talk of the complete abandonment of the traditional Mercurial moving cities as being obsolete, but more cautious groups are hesitant to trust the new technology and warn that they still need extensive testing in case of failure.

The Exodus
Almost the entire population of the Harmonious has migrated from the Jupiter habitats to the lonely planetoids of the asteroid belt. Apparently the move was caused by continued pressure from the Djinn Singularity and Ultraviolet Kingdom to convert to one of the two conflicting ideologies. The exodus was assisted by the freighters of the Reach which possess the largest and fastest lift capacity of any group in the solar system. Most analysts agree that this will likely result in the strengthening of all three factions as the remaining Jovian factions expand through now uninhabited settlements and the Reach gains the Harmonious Remnant as a protectorate and beneficiary.

Warp Ships
The Sssl of the Garden of Outward Reflection have launched some sort of expedition from their residences on Neptune towards Uranus. The ships are strange displaying some sort of ability to warp space around them when viewed through telescopes or scryed. This has given them speeds at least matching those of Reach ships, and possibly surpassing them. Although even so it will be some years before the expedition reaches the seventh planet. When queried about their intentions the Sssl eventually replied that there were, "Tending new gardens."

mjorkk
2016-01-29, 05:17 AM
The day after the final convert citizens, a massive gathering of wish-serfs is arranged within the great central city of the Djinn. Cameras capture the murmuring energy that is building to nearly riotous critical mass of anticipation. Just as the crowd feels as though it's going to burst, the blast doors to the central Djinn Fortress slide open, as numerous Djinn gracefully navigate their massive frames through the crowd of humanity (and now hybrids.)

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/12/11/clip_03b3.jpg

When the beasts have properly dispersed themselves within the crowd, they begin speaking in unison.

Today is a momentous occasion. The number of enlightened brothers and sisters that join you in paradise is greater than ever before, and yet, it is also a day for magnanimity and compassion for your little siblings. Many are unsure of our benevolence. Many believe the lies that the unenlightened sew. My children: show them the sort of lives they can hope to lead.

Tonight will be a night of reverie. Tonight, so long as it does not directly contradict the will of the singularity, no wish, regardless of how grandiose, will be denied. No thirst will remain unquenched; no desire unsated.

Tonight, your masters have but one task of you

REJOICE!!!!

With that, the entire city explodes into a supernova of hedonism. Waves of pulsating rhythm collide with bubbles of lustful privacy, as hypnotic dirges and rapid dance beats intermingle into a deafening cacophony that is magically glamoured into a brilliant harmony that sublimates the crowd's sense of self, until only... the party, remains.

The party lasts for much longer than what Earthers would call a day, and all the while, the interspersed Djinn stand in eerie tranquility, as their stonefaced expressions slowly grow into the serene contentment of a sommelier tasting a fine wine.

Beneath the city, in the deep catacombs, a single Djinn waits in quiet contemplation with its guest of honor

Thank you for coming Caroline. We have invited you here to show you something that we believe may be of interest to you.

After much contemplation, we believe that you are.... awakening. Your senses, old and previously unknown, are being bombarded with hypersensations that your mind is forcing itself to adapt to. Even your rudimentary science has revealed that sensation is a fundamental part of the universe, and you are unlocking the secrets beneath your universe's so-called laws. This is the first step, and while quite Euphoric, it is temporary. Sensation is not only fundamental... it is degenerative.

Eventually, consciousness will adapt to any sensation, and any experience, no matter how blissful, or painful. The oldest singular continuity within the singularity, much like yourself, sought to banish suffering from the manyminded that would one-day be called Djinn. The details are incomplete, but one truth remains: she failed. After all other sensation has been adapted to, only two remain. The first, is the singular suffering of all awakened races: the suffering you call boredom. In their short mayfly lives, mortals will never be exposed to the full spectrum of sensation, and so their understanding of the cosmic agony of sensation's lack exerts only an incomprehensibly small portion of its force upon their lives. Immortals are not so fortunate.

As for the second eternal sensation. The city above us revels. Close your eyes and open your senses to them. The ichor, the bottled euphoria, the so-called tranquility: ignore them all, and focus on the quiet voice within you that echoes the hearts of the mortals above us. You have awakened many new senses, but this one is older than your first breath. Your insufficient language calls what little of it you understand.... Empathy.

Did you feel that? Underneath all the cosmic awareness that will one-day become routine and droll. Within the fundamental part of your consciousness that stretches to rekindle the connection with all other consciousnesses. It is through THIS that old sensation can be framed through new eyes.... and the eternal palette can be sated. This is why we grant wishes. This... "empathetic bond" strengthens with time, and will eventually erode what you once believed separated self from other, but that is millennia away. For now, this is our...... shall we say..... birth day gift to you. Relative to our perspective, your birth is occurring right now, and an alliance with a newly-formed consciousness of note warrants celebration.

As for the details of this year's joint ventures, our yet to be born acolytes can attend to the details, but needless to say that our psychostatisticians believe that secrecy may no longer be necessary.

1: As for territories vs outposts, for now, I'm happy to take outposts first from the pot, and territories after the outposts run dry, just so long as I get my rightful 50% total. I mean, I already filled the "space" we just haven't quantum collapsed whether it's territory or outposts into a singular state

EDIT: I did the math, and I assumed at-least 10 stat-space increase, and assuming we take turns dipping either 2 outposts or 1 territory, with DS taking as many outposts as possible first, it breaks down to

7 outposts+7 Territories to DS

11 Territories to UVK

From a mechanical perspective we cay say we took whatever on Eot, just to fit whatever we built haphazardly, and this turn, when our borders re-open, we can shuffle around.

Assuming you agree to that split up, we should have no problems, though I need at-least that much to cover what I've already built last EoT :)
2: If we pick two stats (I suggest research and influence,) and for each stat have a joint project to create that stat, and each project recieves two research points from one alliance member, and two from another, with an expenditure of 3 research apiece, we can each get two stat-points, and whatever rep comes from two joint research projects.

3: TBH, with contingencies the way they are, there's no more need for the mutually closed borders. It might open up some new avenues.

4: Let's keep researching faster drives, with safteys off no-less, but other things might be a higher priority for our newly minted research. Though probably, given the GM intensive nature of research ideas, we will need to find a time to talk to arcane about that

ArcaneStomper
2016-01-30, 08:14 PM
The Reach to the Algiers Consortium
It would depend on what projects you wish to pursue.

Nyna
2016-02-02, 08:19 AM
Mitsuharu Academy

Greetings from Mercury. Our researchers just finished the improved drive technology, which if you have not received yet, should come over shortly through regular transmissions. Was there another technology that you were interested in pursuing?

Also, while our patrolling fleet was able to keep our own trade fleets protected from pirate attacks, we were unable to fully protect your own this year. If possible, I would recommend increasing your patrol strength moving forward as I can only imagine that the pirate attacks will increase as the value of our route continues to improve.

Mabn
2016-02-05, 02:38 AM
nothing too ambitious at first, our various efforts have left us with room to expand, so our first research project would ironically be growing our research.

ArcaneStomper
2016-02-05, 10:56 AM
Reach to Algiers Consortium
That is a goal we can get behind. Though we are also interested in increasing the speed of transportation if you wish to pursue something beyond infrastructure.

Mabn
2016-02-05, 12:01 PM
We do have some technology to create artificial ley gates that would in theory allow rapid travel, but we never were able to get it miniaturized enough to move, much less maintain a sepperate stable transport gate over the journey. If you are willing to assist we would not object to making another attempt.

Epinephrine_Syn
2016-02-06, 01:04 PM
Mitsuharu Academy (PM)
I was never made aware through my end of turn report that my trade routes were raided, but perhaps I just missed something. It is good that you are growing so well, though. I'll do my best to protect the trade routes, but that depends on how much military i can afford to expend on such projects with the war that is going on. As for other technologies, we had a couple of potential ideas, further expansion on the territory expansion technology, or further AUs, as we may need a couple more yet to reach each other. We do have and will be growing in research, so a mass joint research project is more possible given our newer capacities.

ArcaneStomper
2016-02-08, 06:33 PM
Reach to the Algiers Consortium
We are willing to work on either project, but if you wish to pursue the faster drives we have had good relations with other partners in the past. And they might be willing to consider working with you as well.